Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 12:05:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786839 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:00:44 PM

The limited information which didn't really qualify as answers at all from BA wasn't very persuasive so the level of outcry increased.
Well .. if you look through all the shit that's been posted ... which takes quite awhile now due to the exorbitant amount of shit there is ... you will also find on topic posts: that the issue was announced, the 25% thing was stated, then more ongoing discussion about that was stated also, and that is happening about now.

So yeah really all that has happened is, there is information in those 20 pages about what is CURRENTLY happening, but you have to sift though all the shit to find it ... as you yourself clearly haven't succeeded in doing either ...
Only in the magic world of bitcoin and bitcointalk does a promise from an entity that has already broken promises is considered something that is currently happening.  No, what's currently happening is the same thing that's been happening from the start.  JUST TALK. 
@ernie-  if you are considering buying something with delivery promised for months away consider why anyone would send you anything that's worth a lot more then what you paid for it?  So you are hoping at best to get a miner that will be worth about what you paid for it and at worse will be worth a lot less.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:18:47 PM

On a not unrelated note, the complete lack of confidence in the transparency, accountability and ability to deliver has resulted in the spamming up of Ebay with Black Arrow pre-order sales. Talk about desperation as people hope to retrieve their money any way they can. Six months ago it was a mountain of Jalapenos, now it's a mountain of Prosperos.

At least there were real pictures of Jalapenos, people knew what they were supposedly going to get, the only thing consistent about the Prospero is... wait for it... the slogan, "This machine is designed to generate a steady revenue of Bitcoins for the owner."

Yeah right... hopefully they actually do appear and do generate some meaningful return for the people kind enough to take BA at their word and fund the Minion ASIC development by parting with their cash.

It's time for senior management to step up, take their foot out of their mouth and address their customers.

I just realized something!

Living on a lighted stage
Approaches the unreal
For those who think and feel
In touch with some reality
Beyond the gilded cage

Cast in this unlikely role
Ill-equipped to act
With insufficient tact
One must put up barriers
To keep oneself intact

[Chorus:]
Living in the limelight
The universal dream
For those who wish to seem
Those who wish to be
Must put aside the alienation
Get on with the fascination
The real relation
The underlying theme

Living in a fish eye lens
Caught in the camera eye
I have no heart to lie
I can't pretend a stranger
Is a long-awaited friend

All the world's indeed a stage
And we are merely players
Performers and portrayers
Each another's audience
Outside the gilded cage

Scene one in Act 3 served as a major turning
point in the Tempest particularly for the
coward-like character Prospero, who hides
behind his minion Ariel to...

"and the men who hold high places,
must be the ones to start,
to mold a new reality,
closer to the heart..."

I knew there was a reason I liked you! Anyone who quotes Rush can't be all bad.
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:02:27 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 06:21:41 PM by bobsag3

Just got done with my meetings, decent amount to post/ update, but im regharging my stuff at my hotel room (im an idiot and forgot foreign adaptors) uploading some photos, and going over my notes. I will either post more info tonight (UK time) or tomorrow afternoon when I get back to denver (~5PM mst tomorrow).

Forgot to mention, I have asked BA to purge the thread of the trolls, but to leave any questions or concerns untouched so we (being BA and the reseller teams) can go through and address as many as we can.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:10:41 PM

Just got done with my meetings, decent amount to post/ update, but im regharging my stuff at my hotel room (im an idiot and forgot foreign adaptors) uploading some photos, and going over my notes. I will either post more info tonight (UK time) or tomorrow afternoon when I get back to denver (~5PM mst tomorrow).

Thanks for keeping us updated and ignoring the trolls.
jimmothy

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:17:45 PM

they're getting reputationally hammered and that no amount of page deletions is going to change that.

Since when was 3 nerds trolling a tread who haven't even purchased a product with BA considered "reputational hammering".

The only reputation being hammered is your own as you and PG which have proven to be extremely childish and in desperate need of attention.

Consider yourself ignored.
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:59:12 AM

Holy shit dude...  You have to be kidding me I really do not understand your obsession on this topic is.

FYI with technology did you know you can remotely access any part of the datacenter you need to with a few clicks or CLI commands?  Anyone near by that is involved in the company can go there if there is something hazardous going on.  Why do you think actual large datacenters have barely filled NOC's on most shifts.  You have more security at points depending on what companies are involved LOL!

BTW our building for our shop is the exact same except I think we are probably a little larger because of the length of the shop.  If we didn't have the Porsches, Datsun, X275 car, Dyno, etc... I could set up actual 42U racks or Racks to set Antminers, etc. on and there would be 0000000 issues...  I don't know where you live but you can properly insulate and AC most buildings...  Here in Texas well that is a HUGE plus especially if cars are your hobby (hince why we built it).  Plus if Bob and the team wanted to I am fairly certain the front is just like ours and you can have a very nice office area up front.  We choose ours to be more of a hang out area but still get plenty of comments that its nicer than most houses in there.

Ridicuss

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:01:13 AM

Phinn,

Number 1. I respect you.

While I supported and carried on with you trying to expose the underhandedness of a very slimy company, I really am not comfortable with you calling Matt a liar.

Its a known fact he moved the data center to Colorado. As far as I know all people who have or had machines hosted with him at that time were notified of the move. At one time Matt had 3 Jupiters that belong to me hosted. I pay my bill every month and he provides a very reasonably priced hosting service.   

As for trust:

I have had hardware issues (KNC machines that lose a die or two are not uncommon amongst other problems) with 2 Jupiters, I had Matt send them to me so I could take care of them and overclock them if I like. No problem, he sent them to me at my request and is open to me sending them back to him. He still has 1 of my Jupiters in his facility and I have no reason to believe he will scam me in anyway. If he does, I will let you know but I dont think its going to happen.

We have an agreement. I pay him, my machine(s) is hosted. Simple.

Im not sure what picture you are trying to paint here and maybe I'm just dumb. But Chasing this hosting facility thing is just as off topic to this thread as my reply to you.

I do not wish a battle of wits with you as I'm sure I would lose that one. Its just bothersome watching someone I like (YOU!) beating on someone else I like (Matt).

As usual, no hard feelings.

Best of Luck,

R

Man, I wish I could change my avatar!
MANofthePEOPLE

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:41:53 AM

I still don't understand where you are going with this PG. Are you trying to say that Bob and BA are scammers? Or just that he's lying about the location of where it's hosted?

Not taking a jab at you, just trying to understand what all the fuzz is about.
Powell

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:04:41 AM

LOL!  Not going to lie add a early 80's red panel facade with ALVIN TRANSMISSIONS and well that was a bit nicer in that picture LOL!  There was a Stingray but it wasn't one color.  Had to rebuild from stud up.  And the day we had the 5 ton for the shop floor and 3 ton for the inside was the biggest gift from the heavens ever!  Wink  But anyway...

I do see what you are implicating and it seems off but I have purchased 4 Antminers from Bobsag over the last month.  Never lied about anything worked with me on the second 2.  Hell while he was BTC Miami we were trying to work a deal to buy another 6-10 but he did not have anymore in stock and CNY was starting.  Two were through BTC and two were through bankwire to Minersource.

My thing is he goes to the BTC conventions and is well known.  A simple check on the IP of the two posters would instantly tell you (of course Theymos or someone would have to do it).  This is why I go by Powell I am REALLY good at making forum names.

My only other thought is maybe worried for security issues for people who do live around the area that could possibly break in and know exactly what to take.  I mean that in all seriousness.  Googling what our shop use to say will bring up the new view from Sat. but OLD school view on street cam before we bought it LOL!  I know if someone wanted to come get in by the time they manage to get anything out the police or I would be there and the person(s) will more than likely be uhmm...  Depends who shows up first LOL!

There is something to ponder about almost every company on the forum.  It is very interesting needless to say.  I come from the car world (14 years almost now) from Mustangs, Camaros, Vetttes, Porsches and trucks...  Never seen it where every company has a sketchy story or a possible one.  Hell buying/selling WoW accounts for a few years some how now that I look back was less of a worry to deal with.  Sad
Powell

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:10:31 AM

Color me more confused: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347732.0

bobsag3: Vetted Co-op member. World's lowest hosting fees for vetted miner hosting at a professional colocation hosting facility in Missouri!  Official Black Arrow US Reseller and US Distributor for Drillbit Systems. New Pres. of our Mining Operations arm of our LLC. Providing R19 and R19B miners to the GB Forum!

Something like the following comes to mind when I read professional colocation hosting facility:

Definitely not something like...

Now I'm not in this to defend anyone...  But imagine that second picture in an undisclosed location running offsite data.  Then imagine over a year to a year and a half, the transformation into the first picture.  Watched it happen with my own eyes and a fairly large amount of our equipment but plenty from other vendors.  It was nothing short of amazing because the first trip to that location one of the racks with storage we were installing under just a huge AC vent blowing on us with concrete floors (I brought a ski jacket as they recommended and had it and the hood on).  They said they were "remodeling" lol! 
BlackArrow Matt

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:14:57 AM

Color me more confused: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347732.0

bobsag3: Vetted Co-op member. World's lowest hosting fees for vetted miner hosting at a professional colocation hosting facility in Missouri!  Official Black Arrow US Reseller and US Distributor for Drillbit Systems. New Pres. of our Mining Operations arm of our LLC. Providing R19 and R19B miners to the GB Forum!

Something like the following comes to mind when I read professional colocation hosting facility:

Definitely not something like...

They look the same. Take out the fancy servers from the top picture and take out the shelving from the bottom one and they're the same damn thing. Shelves come out, servers go in, bam instant data center.

Phinnaeus, you're really grasping at straws now, arent you?
BlackArrow Matt

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:28:15 AM

lol. I have no idea what that means.

Also, your friends you're trying to help haven't contacted me. Please find a ticket number so I can help the situation.
jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:43:49 AM

...snip the Beverly and Riker photo... That episode really bothered me...

lol. I have no idea what that means.

Also, your friends you're trying to help haven't contacted me. Please find a ticket number so I can help the situation.

Seriously? Here's a clue: Phinnaeus, you're really grasping at straws now, arent you?

They're not really friends, for I didn't know about them till they contacted me. I have blasted them both your two PMs. Ain't have a clue as to why there's been no contact.

I'm also surprised that they haven't thanked me for running amok.

Any chance there's another scam layer here and the "two customers" who knew your history from other threads (the BFL Josh ones are still my favorite btw) were actually an ASIC competitor who just wanted to stir the pot while BA was down and out?  I've seen worst tactics in this industry. Wink

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:48:22 AM

Ermm...

Is there a point here? Can we get to it already?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
lombriz

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:11:12 AM

There is so much butthurt showing in this thread, there should be a NSFW label in the topic.
lombriz

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:33:43 AM

There is so much butthurt showing in this thread, there should be a NSFW label in the topic.

That's what happens when you pre-order. It's a licence to get your butt hurt by well-meaning and not-so-well-meaning hardware producers.

Good of you to chime in Lombriz, perhaps you're a customer who's also hurting, if so you've been categorized as a 'fanboi'. If you're not a customer, then you must ipso facto be a 'troll'.

There's a third category called 'mutes', that's reserved for senior management of BA on who's silence the whole game is played, a game where they and their customers always lose.

Of course if you've really been watching closely, you'll know that customers themselves are also being characterised as 'trolls' if they're not buying the '75% scam' in lieu of actual delivery of their gear.

So what this thread is really about is a few fanbois who love getting butt hurt while customers and everyone else are just trolling while we all wait for those dumb asses the mutes to say anything meaningful.

Cheesy

Haha, well put.

I'm actually a customer, who's spent some top dollar for gear, and i've had a couple replies/comments in regards to delay.

I just dont see the fun in keeping the rage fueled posting going.
Not like that will bring the hw any sooner.

And as far as "trolling" goes, well, some people masturbate, some troll, others just keep on going with their day to day activities Tongue
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:35:11 AM

That's what happens when you pre-order. It's a licence to get your butt hurt by well-meaning and not-so-well-meaning hardware producers.

Good of you to chime in Lombriz, perhaps you're a customer who's also hurting, if so you've been categorized as a 'fanboi'. If you're not a customer, then you must ipso facto be a 'troll'.

There's a third category called 'mutes', that's reserved for senior management of BA on who's silence the whole game is played, a game where they and their customers always lose.

Of course if you've really been watching closely, you'll know that customers themselves are also being characterised as 'trolls' if they're not buying the '75% scam' in lieu of actual delivery of their gear.

So what this thread is really about is a few fanbois who love getting butt hurt while customers and everyone else are just trolling while we all wait for those dumb asses the mutes to say anything meaningful.

Cheesy

Was more looking for the point to PG's information still unclear what exactly I am supposed to glean from his posts tad confusing. He used to be more laser focused on his discoveries about BFL but seems to be losing focus on this thread. Can we get a conclusion to what you dug up already? But I get the thread devolved do to the push of BA products.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Patzek

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:22:12 AM

I can't follow this thread with all that posts garbage.

Can someone please, either Blackarrow or US reseller, do some order with all the information?
I think all customers here, including me, would like to have a better understanding of where things are.

Thank you
Patzek

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:33:32 AM

Matt Carson purchased a building in Rolla, MO.
Wired the building.
Started hosting miners in said building.
Then, moved to another facility in same state.
Added more miners.
Then moved to another facility is still same state.
Added more miners.
Now lives in Denver.

With only a couple or so people getting it, this doesn't raise any red flags, and I'm beside myself.

BTW, the key figure in all this is probably the escrow guy, somebody I kinda like, but look at the timeline of recent events and see if you come to the same conclusion.

You do realize that every person here can be anyone anywhere if he has the time and the willing to do so, right?
Or the 21st century didn't quite got to you yet?

We all know the risks of getting scammed, and I hope everyone here invest only what they can afford to lose.

Please, stop spamming the thread with irrelevant and hypothetical information.
jimmothy

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:34:23 AM

Cheesy

Was more looking for the point to PG's information still unclear what exactly I am supposed to glean from his posts tad confusing. He used to be more laser focused on his discoveries about BFL but seems to be losing focus on this thread. Can we get a conclusion to what you dug up already? But I get the thread devolved do to the push of BA products.

He uncovered a few things:

A: blackarrow and bobsag continue to provide very good communication even during pages of nonsensical trolling.

B: oleole, pg, and a few other fudsters who don't have an order with BA have been nerd raging hard for the past few days.

If you look closely you will notice the level of butthurt from actual BA customers is minuscule compared to the trolls.
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: