Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:45:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786814 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
showtimex

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 07:09:58 AM

No, I'm not mining with mine, plugged it in to test it works then boxed it back up again. Going to try to sell it to at least recoup some costs.

As for anyone refusing delivery... I would have done so but the missus was home at the time. The cheeky fuckers didn't send me a notice of shipment or even update it on my ticket obviously to catch me off guard. I know someone on here refused delivery and it caused a bit of a shitstorm from memory with legal threats from MS if my memory serves me right. Funny they only want to talk when it suits them

Wait, what? Legal threats from MS? That is laughable...It's hard to know the best thing for me to do in this case, I could very well refuse the whole shipment, 300lbs (60lb x 5) of miners bouncing back n forth from MS should make for good business @ UPS at least and would likely get MS's attention, hmmm decisions decisions.
Dallas5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 03:29:36 PM

Has anyone tried refusing delivery and demanding something better from MS such as Spondoolies or equivalent ? I wonder if that is possible. Just getting burned so bad it hurts.

I've refused the shipment last week, I wasn't expecting anything anymore from Minersource and suddenly someone tried to deliver the 2 X1's. Sad thing is my order was removed from the shipping queue months ago (cancelled) and I was promised a refund, which I never received.

I would be happy if they even refunded me half of what I paid by now..

I've tried to contact Minersource several times but they've been ignoring everybody for weeks now..

Good luck, hopefully BA and MS will do the right thing and start refunding their customers.

Dallas5

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 05:02:53 PM

(copied to prevent deletion on the moderated thread)

Has anyone tried refusing delivery and demanding something better from MS such as Spondoolies or equivalent ? I wonder if that is possible. Just getting burned so bad it hurts.

I've refused the shipment last week, I wasn't expecting anything anymore from Minersource and suddenly someone tried to deliver the 2 X1's. Sad thing is my order was removed from the shipping queue months ago (cancelled) and I was promised a refund, which I never received.

I've tried to contact Minersource several times but they've been ignoring everybody for weeks now..

Good luck, hopefully BA and MS will do the right thing and start refunding their customers.

showtimex

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 06:12:02 PM

(copied to prevent deletion on the moderated thread)

Thanks for letting me know, I will be refusing delivery of my order today, anyone interested in going down to MS personally please get in touch with me, I am planning a trip out there. We can be like that guy camping out at Gox, wonder how they will like that shit.
showtimex

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 08:31:49 PM

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I didn't know MS had anything to do with MicroCenter, that strikes me as odd. as far as refusing delivery, I think its a case of damned if you do damned if you don't, if you take the junk now u have something, however that something may burn your house or building down at any time or cease to function like has happened to many others here and then its SOL. Don't want to do the legal part but looks like no other choice, I PMed Bob and he has yet to get back to me.
showtimex

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:07:04 AM

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I didn't know MS had anything to do with MicroCenter, that strikes me as odd. as far as refusing delivery, I think its a case of damned if you do damned if you don't, if you take the junk now u have something, however that something may burn your house or building down at any time or cease to function like has happened to many others here and then its SOL. Don't want to do the legal part but looks like no other choice, I PMed Bob and he has yet to get back to me.

Bob doesn't give a fuck, he's too busy getting stoned on our dollar to give two shits about anything. I wish you all the best in your refusal. I know if I lived in the US, I would have paid that piece of shit a visit a long time ago to get my money back

I'm sorry to hear that. Perhaps he is too busy selling his used equipment in the buy/sell marketplace subforum, things must be worse than we thought...fire sale time. Seriously though if anyone is interested in an adventurous "expedition" out to MS please PM me and we can discuss.
y_boonstra

Activity: 374

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:08:09 AM

MS is refunding ppl from their groupbuy of BA equipment..!
Dallas5

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 11:28:43 AM

That's a positive development, do you have a link to this group buy?

Hopefully they will soon refund customers like me who bought directly from their store, I could really use the money for the upcoming holiday season.

y_boonstra

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:09:24 PM

Hopefully they will soon refund customers like me who bought directly from their store, I could really use the money for the upcoming holiday season.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=335145.0
Dallas5

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 03:01:17 PM

Thanks, I'll keep my fingers crossed. Would be great to end this pre-order drama in a positive way with a refund.

showtimex

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:43:37 PM

Please keep me up to date with this yeah? While I might not be able to get my money back, I'd like to hear a story about someone who has. Where in the US are you located? Relatively close to MS? I'd go by yourself if I were in your shoes

Package was refused yesterday so yea I aim to go and make sure this is handled properly...I'm in WA state about as far from BA as one can get and still be in the US, no matter its only about a 5 hour flight. Will let you know how it goes.
groove_machine

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:42:29 AM

This is just for info really as this whole Blackarrow fiasco has left a very sour taste in many people mouths...

Back in November 2013 I looked at a few different hardware option and amongst others I chose Blackarrow. But being sensible I also hedged my bets in other companies.
But as this is the Blackarrow thread and the worst performing of my (small) investments I am sharing my thoughts on the single X1 that I ordered from Minersource.

Arrived at the beginning of October 2014 (LCD and Wifi) and has been earning on average 0.01 BTC every 7 days running at 1200Mhz/120Ghs.

I paid 0.4977 (at the time $422) including shipping.
So some simple maths tells me that I currently earn an average 0.0014 BTC a day. Ignoring difficulty increases (hahah yeah right) that would mean ROI in around 350 days.
When you factor in difficulty increases I can't ever see ROI happening. I usually aim for <180 days ROI which is still achievable with other products.

So today I have just sold the X1 for $160.
USD Total loss $422 - $160 - $11 earned mining = $251
But if we look at this in BTC I purchased at 0.5 BTC and sold for 0.4 BTC. Loss of 0.1 BTC

I then have to ask myself would I buy an X1 today for 0.5 BTC (~ $200).... and the answer would still be no, ROI will never be achieved.
Would I pre-order again? Maybe given a company with a good track record.

Am I angry with the whole situation? Not really I came out with minimal loss when you consider they could have taken our BTC and just disappeared.
But I do feel for the guys on here with $5k+ invested and still no hardware. I really wish you all luck and I'll be happy to help out anyway I can.

Needless to say I no longer have any need to monitor this thread (I'm not holding my breath for compensation), which after nearly 12 months of checking every few days might take a little getting used to.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

Good luck all Wink
y_boonstra

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:43:06 AM

Im glad i baild out and went with the chip conversion. transformed the 3 X1 into chips and got in with the group buy and now having 3 HEX4M 400GH/s miners.

To bad the BTC price is very low wich makes almost all miners worthless running them from your own home.
Specialkey

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:01:46 PM

Big censor action again. 16 sides deleted. Smiley
Specialkey

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:13:13 PM

so everybody please, post your deleted posts again. Wink
CryptoGuy

Activity: 524

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:31:28 PM

I'm curious how far through the shipping queue they've gotten so far. I hear dribbles here and there about people receiving their bricks.

<Insert favorite coin here>
CryptoGuy

Activity: 524

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:06:59 PM

IIRC BA got the green light from the admins to run the bot. I assume he paid them for that privilege.

<Insert favorite coin here>
Specialkey

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 02:59:22 AM

I think about to set up a homepage for all kind of  BA victims. Wink

What goes around comes around. Grin
BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 11:53:33 AM

Thanks, I'll keep my fingers crossed. Would be great to end this pre-order drama in a positive way with a refund.

So this whole mess ended up in a happy end?
Dallas5

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 08:51:39 PM

So this whole mess ended up in a happy end?

Absolutely not, I wish.. Maybe a few people got their money back but I and a lot of others are still waiting. It's been almost a year now since I bought from Minersource and almost 6 months when I first requested AND was promised a refund..  Angry

Pages: « 1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: