Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:06:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's  (Read 6089 times)
Dontme

Activity: 798
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 01:08:22 PM

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley
Because the ICO's now is not like before this is the very painful moment knowing that it's like end up all. You are right the ICO's now are like no potentials or their project seems like they do it nothing, I'm not judging but this is also what I noticed now a days.
Taner1

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:07:33 PM

At this stage, almost all ICO are in minus, even the effect ai, not to mention the ordinary. Now is the time of stagnation for everything.

Give my account back.

This Russian guy steal my account (password reuse). Don't believe anything he says.
tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:19:56 PM

participating in ICO means that you believe in the project not just a flop when hitting exchanges.. people should put out in their mind that in ICo youll get immediate profit.. for me, participation in ICo means your investing for a long term
Neutrality

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:04:38 PM

It's no secret that ICOs are rather a high-risk investment and most of the projects are doomed to fail. On the other hand, you can still invest in projects which you believe in and find their product or technology useful.
ronics

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:38:05 PM

Smiley    ICO is good to invest in the amount I can market it money on their project will be listed in their major exchange and not in etherdelta and hitbtc .we most things that happens are dump and its been out of panic I can not think ICO itself is bad but what bad means is our attitude toward how in this market work is not one need for investment of a project because the believed in the future of their project but just yo also invest from building a community ensuring that coins are listed on many exchange and so on it's hard to work on that.
Lexurdania

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:41:07 AM
Merited by TheClownSong (1)

Many reason coin/token after ICO down their price when landed on exchanger. Maybe because market down like what happen right now. Maybe it because so many airdrop and many of airdop receiver dump it

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
Bitfling

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:56:18 AM

Many reason coin/token after ICO down their price when landed on exchanger. Maybe because market down like what happen right now. Maybe it because so many airdrop and many of airdop receiver dump it

With market dropping like now, many coin/token after ICO not have good perform on market. Beside that, sometimes total supply token is too much and when ICO, they give too many discount and people start dump it when already on exchanger
nightfury

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:07:47 AM

ICO is really good way of earning bitcoin for free through bounty campaigns. All you need to invest is your time and your dedication to do what's being asked in the campaign. But sometimes, your endeavors will turn in vain when ICO tokens seems lost in its vision and starts to fall down right after it hits crypto exchange.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 03:38:04 AM

With market dropping like now, many coin/token after ICO not have good perform on market. Beside that, sometimes total supply token is too much and when ICO, they give too many discount and people start dump it when already on exchanger

Many factors why token/coin not successfull on market. Bearish trend on market can affecting new coin/token on exchanger. But sometimes, new coin/token with good project rising their price when landed on exchanger. Its depending on us to pick and research good ICO

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 04:04:27 AM

The trend of the ICO has exhausted itself, now it is much more profitable to buy a coin on the stock exchange after the end of the ico. As a rule, in the first months of their price falls in two to three times the price of the ICO.
Now it is very difficult to find a good project for investment, it takes a lot to read and study, it's quite a difficult job, so I prefer not to invest at the sale stage, but buy on the stock exchange.
Buying at the ico stage can still be profitable but what it's happening is that the market is in a very bad shape even some of the very best coins are not growing at all you just need to look at bitcoin or ethereum to see what I'm talking about, so look at a project and see how good it is if it's really good then you still need to invest in the ico, and if it's not that good then why you are investing in it at all.
fauzan Ichsan

Activity: 1246
Merit: 102

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 04:54:04 AM

Many factors why token/coin not successfull on market. Bearish trend on market can affecting new coin/token on exchanger. But sometimes, new coin/token with good project rising their price when landed on exchanger. Its depending on us to pick and research good ICO
with a lot of ico i think we should be right in choosing a good ico, actually a lot of good ico, but its also a lot of ico with less potential. the most important i think the best way is to analyze how the ico can market their products

sulendra12

Activity: 2856
Merit: 526

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:03:04 AM

Some people said ICO is dead nowadays. But STILL, there are some ICOs that are promising to invest if you could look up to few of those. Even though they took longer time to established their ideas (even it took more than a year to make it, shootout to xxx) It would be a great idea to quit since you don't need to bother again with the risk.

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:48:37 PM

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley
This is indeed interesting but people had different perceptions. Most of the people are awared of the risk on investing in ICOs due to the volatility in the market. But still, all ICOs are not the same. Some are earning huge profit from ICOs which definitely has different point of view as yours. ICOs are still profitable but if you choose on not to participate anymore, we can't do something about it.
It is true that you could earn a significant amount of money with icos but at the same time you can lose a huge amount of money if you keep investing in bad projects and when the bad projects outnumber the good projects by so huge numbers then it's no wonder why many people are giving up investing in icos and are going to try to invest in safer projects.
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:40:24 AM

Many ICOs when they launch on market have success have give good return for early investor. I am believe if that new coin/token have good product and their project successfull, price will following to increase

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
JustBetweenUs

Activity: 290
Merit: 28

bitcoin is not a bubble, it is the pin

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:38:26 AM

Man am also quitting ICOs , this January and February have been a disaster in my ICO world, look at my investments in the last 2 months at ICO price and current price
ICO price  .................CURRENT PRICE ($)
CPY at 1.15.......  ...0.14
seth     2..................0.3
Exyperty 1..............0.1
Iungo1.5................0.08
Ian 2.5................0.9
FUCK icos for now
I'm sorry for you that you are having such a huge losses at the same time it seemed that you invested in just too many icos and that you invested in probably the worst possible time, as long as the project that you selected are decent then you could recover your money eventually but you are going to lose a lot of other opportunities to invest your money and you need to hope that those icos recover before the price of bitcoin does or your losses may increase while the price of bitcoin grows and the price of your icos stay the same.

Some good statements here. Except I don't think he would need to be too worried for Bitcoin to recover as most alts are following bitcoin and those with a low marketcap (typically all or most coins that had an ICO recently) will have a higher delta and can potentially outgrow bitcoin, unless you bought into projects that were merely hypped and then stalled after the ICO.

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
████  BRIDGING MARKETS ███
██          AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM          ██
GamblingPurveyor

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:04:42 PM

Well good for you,  but Ico was the main platform through which I made alot of money this year and even last year,  I benefited from Ico like neo,  regal,  etn,  utrust and so much more,  and am still investing in as much Ico as I can,  but am very careful on the Ico I invest in,  so that I won't be scammed.  Here is what I do: I study the white paper of the ico well and also check how often I can see the team on YouTube .
ajdaj

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:15:10 PM

Well good for you,  but Ico was the main platform through which I made alot of money this year and even last year,  I benefited from Ico like neo,  regal,  etn,  utrust and so much more,  and am still investing in as much Ico as I can,  but am very careful on the Ico I invest in,  so that I won't be scammed.  Here is what I do: I study the white paper of the ico well and also check how often I can see the team on YouTube .
except for personal study of the documents of the company, it is necessary to select such factors as reputable investors or authoritative developers, whose name is beyond doubt. If you focus on these people, the risks of linking yourself to scammers will be much less.
RoolBi

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:05:17 PM

I agree with your point. If you know how to choose good projects that invest, the ICO will bring you much profit. So why do we abandon them without investing? I know that there are many fraudulent ICO projects in the market today, but that is your investment challenge.
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:11:23 PM

That is why most people keep away from ICOs. It is wiser to wait for the crypto to go in the market because you can actually buy it there cheaper. Those who buy early during the ICO dump what they have bought once the coin gets listed on a decent exchange. Most investors are just dumpers, so it is really best to buy coins in the market.
danim1130

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:04:56 PM

I can't really say that i am now quitting the Ico's and i cannot recommend to quit too. because there are still so many projects there that so very resourceful and very smart developers. like ethereum .. i can say that i will stop now but i definitely not quitting Smiley consider the ico of bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: