Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:49:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's  (Read 6089 times)
Rrtt

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:05:26 PM

Interesting point of view.
I'm on exactly opposite end - I'm going deeper with ICO's this year.

Your points are pretty valid, but this mean you just need to be more peaky where you are investing. And I'm always and only buying during the pre-ico phase, avoiding those ICO's with massive pre-sale.

I agree there are so many ICO's with great projects all you have to do is to go deeper into there Projects white paper and ensure you get information that you need. for me i am satisfied with the ICO's that i am in. I was also scammed once but this doesn't makes me discourage becs. i still believe in ICO's.
arcanayou

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:12:28 PM

I do not like ICO, too much bad information, such as making fake news like ICO supported by an institution or supported by the government, it is very difficult to know the truth of the news from the new ICO, I think it needs a really good institution and legally to oversee the ICO, and should not all people or groups of people be able to do ICO, there must be fulfilled conditions such as establishing a legally legitimate company of a country
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:12:58 PM

I think It's a pity that you had such a sad experience. I participated in several successful ICO's. Of course now there is a lot of scam. But there are also very strong projects. You need to be able to see the potential.

It is a pity that it has come to that but it is not like I do not understand it, the market of icos has got very unattractive in the last months, not only now you need to go through know your customer policies which is a very risky, but now there are at least my opinion more scams than before and the profits are not as good as before, so when you take everything into account my will to invest in icos is also reduced.
isetter

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:27:03 PM

should not give up ICO. We all know in the Crypto market that ICO plays a very important role. It can generate many times the profit. But now there are too many ICOs every day. If that is the right choice then I believe there are still plenty of potential and make a lot of profit
Falmera

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:34:31 PM

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley
Giving up, it just means that you lose your hope. Just do not let it be, it is normal in life that we can encounter the ups and downs. There maybe lots of scams and failed projects but there are also lots of successful ones. Just find them.

ORVIUM            Open and Transparent Science
『 https://orvium.io/ 』   Powered By Blockchain
GrayFullbuster

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:50:57 PM

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley
It is seems that you are not researching about ICOs and it is the reason why you been scammed. Before you make investment, you should have first knowledge about the project for you to avoid losses.

Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:00:09 PM

should not give up ICO. We all know in the Crypto market that ICO plays a very important role. It can generate many times the profit. But now there are too many ICOs every day. If that is the right choice then I believe there are still plenty of potential and make a lot of profit
we still not give up to figure out good ICO projects but indeed to makes decission to pick good ICO currently is very hard because from hundreds of projects available only dozens of them are being sucessfully project but ICO still popular until today and if we want to invest then studies and research those projects to avoid scam ICO is more necessary now and do not rush
darkphoenix2610

Activity: 679
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:10:49 PM

• massive hardcaps

Agree and most of the ICO wants to have a bigger profit and one's they get what they need sometimes they run with the funds they have and the investor who invest huge amount of money has a big loss in the industry, but you can choose a great project and you know that has a good potential to invest your money.
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:19:59 PM

~snip
Well one thing you should always remember about ICO's is that they have a very high percentage of scamming you according to what I have seen past few months . Well I may be wrong , there are few ICO's who have really worked hard proved themselves . But the main problems is , it's really hard to believe in them . Cause there are hundreds of thousands of ICO's out there and it's really to find the perfect one out .
Well this is the main reason why ICO's have to escrow / use alot of their money on advertisement . Also many token ICO's just don't manage to reach that global marketplace and hence having a low value of their token . And sometimes even a bit lower than their ICO price Which usually happens with many of the ICOs.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
b3j0

Activity: 714
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:40:33 PM

Currently ico is everywhere so that the focus of investors can be divided. too many projects are doing ico now, i think there should be rules governing it.

19Nov16

Activity: 1722
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:44:45 PM

When you get one or two scams then do not ever think that all the scam ICO, in the investment of course there is always a risk and I also experienced several times hit by scam like Snapup, Bitcad, and so on, but this never made me quitting to invest in ICOs.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

ratnawide

Activity: 166

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:58:12 PM

Your obervation have shown that many ICO nowadays are carbon copies of previous ICO of a diffent company. There are some investors that have been discouraged because of the effects of dumpers in etherdelta which put the coin in underperformance status. Many who gets the coin are bounty hunters willing to dump the moment token get into their wallet.
Some tip to give you is that before you invest try looking for a unique ICO, an ico which dont have a resemblance to others. And do some research first. 5 ETH is  big money bro.
This crypto business is a lot of trial and error but the good thingt is that we learn along the way.
ICO's attracts many scammers who can simply create a bogus whitepaper and make off with a lot of money . Some developers also purposefully omit certain important details from their whitepaper to make their projects look more appealing than they actually are. The biggest consequence of all these scams is the decreased faith of the public in  blockchain technology which can potential spell absolute disaster.
that's also what I've experienced I follow some bounty programs that have white paper tidsk complete some important information has been lost and it turns out bounty project ended with a scam
Pinoyfan

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:17:07 AM

I agree. The ICO craze is reaching its maximum. Everyone saw ICOs 40x'ing and what not last season. So naturally, everyone, both big and small investors, are trying to get in on the craze for the simple reason of dumping when the token or coin reaches a multiple in price.

And most ICOs are scams. You can argue this to death, but out of 100 ICOs, most are there for the hype and quick mass funding.

It's a bullet train to hell. Everyone who hasn't gotten off will end up splattered.

There's an exception to those few solid ICOs with great promise. But even those are pumped and dumped all the same.
In my opinion i wont stop joining at ICO especially in bounties. Cause its my primary source of money.  I cant stop joininh at ICO projects. Many of ICO now are sure that will succeed try to read their whitepaper and roadmap. You. Will understand the difference between the scam. And not
charlzyeby

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 06:20:12 PM

There are still good ICOs out there no matter the lapses some of the ICOs recently have. I recently participated in a few ICOs where coins for team members were locked while participants could still trade their coins. ICOs are becoming a torn in flesh gradually but you have to be extremely careful in choosing the best ones for yourself. 
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:15:06 PM

You can earn money with icos that is correct, but at the same time it is getting harder to earn any significant amount of money through them because there are so many new projects that it is almost impossible to know which one is a scam and which one is a real one, people get confused all the time and they invest in the project that it was a scam and they lose their money instead, that is why there are many people that are stopping investing in icos.
BitcoinMarshal

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:01:00 PM

You can earn money with icos that is correct, but at the same time it is getting harder to earn any significant amount of money through them because there are so many new projects that it is almost impossible to know which one is a scam and which one is a real one, people get confused all the time and they invest in the project that it was a scam and they lose their money instead, that is why there are many people that are stopping investing in icos.
Right now marketing is doing main roll in these all ICO's because I check few scam ICO's take money just because of marketing and run away as few countries implementing laws about them is good but still need to do some more work for avoiding these scams in recent days I check few projects take good amount of money and as ICO end they never came back or give update just because of this very hard to find good projects
cryptomoon1004

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:06:44 PM

I am pretty big on ICO's this year...
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:33:27 PM

ICO does have a high risk and you should have realized at the beginning, yes ico is not all scam there are still some of the existing ico decent enough. So do research first to invest in an ico, because it is not easy to get the exact ico.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
shiki3226

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:46:32 PM

I'm actually joining and supporting more ICOs right now as that helps me to earn new tokens without much capital and risk

rosepetals

Activity: 650
Merit: 100

Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:00:12 PM

• massive hardcaps

Some ICOS nowadays give a damn to  those investors and participants as well, i also feel that way but for as long as there were existing ICOs and bounties that pays right and already listed in the exchanger,there i could see its price could grow anytime, i would never give up that easy.Joining Initial coin offering and investing in it seems so risky but im still not losing hope that i can profit in some coins that i hold.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: