Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:07:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's  (Read 6089 times)
stely41

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:28:20 PM

There are types of ICO's which are SCAM, These may be the hindrances of an individual to stop ICO's because they dont bring integrity to investors and participants, That is why, When it comes of selecting ICO's, Read carefully the platforms and the Team members before joining or investing.
Cryptocurrencies are already becoming and an important part of the economic landscape, but ICOs will prove to be a short-lived fad with most ICO tokens worthless.
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:38:07 PM

I understand your point quitting in investing an Ico's which scams are very rampant nowadays. As a traders who invest in an Ico's needs to be selective in choosing to pur your money. It has proven a lot of scams and many lists to reach their project to be successful. Let's be initiative by participating an Ico that were not be a victim of scam.
c++btc

Activity: 257
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:09:57 PM

Well if you are quitting ICO for sure you are not researching more about the ICO that you are investing with because as of today there are so many ICO Project that are now scamming people, Took money from them and just leave without notice. Quitting ICO is like quitting Opportunity.
AntonGrishko

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:16:25 PM

Well, you do have some valid points as to changing your mind from ICOs. But this doesn't change the fact that real and legitimate ICOs are also springing up too amidst the scammers and the ones that won't go far.
Pemburu dollar

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:36:03 PM

ICO is in fact unpredictable in the presence of future profits. In addition, there is a great risk that it will not take place at all and the money of depositors will be lost.

I think the real problem is that it dilutes all this money in the market cap and therefore prevents good projects from succeeding
And make sure that the hard cap is high and that there is more and more ... But some ICOS like crypterium or titanium still manage to achieve it!
swallovwvile8

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:11:40 PM

You are quitting because it was your decision to quit LOL
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:32:12 PM

should not give up ICO. We all know in the Crypto market that ICO plays a very important role. It can generate many times the profit. But now there are too many ICOs every day. If that is the right choice then I believe there are still plenty of potential and make a lot of profit
You can earn money with icos that is correct, but at the same time it is getting harder to earn any significant amount of money through them because there are so many new projects that it is almost impossible to know which one is a scam and which one is a real one, people get confused all the time and they invest in the project that it was a scam and they lose their money instead, that is why there are many people that are stopping investing in icos.
Right now marketing is doing main roll in these all ICO's because I check few scam ICO's take money just because of marketing and run away as few countries implementing laws about them is good but still need to do some more work for avoiding these scams in recent days I check few projects take good amount of money and as ICO end they never came back or give update just because of this very hard to find good projects
Even if I do not like the idea of governments implementing regulations and laws to cryptocurrencies I understand that it was almost inevitable and taking into account the amount of scams that are going on in the market of icos I will say that governments had almost most no choice but to try to stop the big amount of scams going on in that market.
And they have no idea what the money from these scams are going to be used for, Because most of them will certainly use it for vices that will bring harm to almost everyone that is terrorism financing or for a dug cartel.
It is completely impossible to know for sure but it seems really unlikely that icos are being used for something like that, the most likely option is that some scammers are seeing an easy way to try to grab money out of people, and to their surprise starting an ico is a very effective way to get money out of investors that should know better and do their due diligence.
Kriptex

Activity: 197

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:00:39 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2018, 10:12:42 PM by Kriptex

I understand your point quitting in investing an Ico's which scams are very rampant nowadays. As a traders who invest in an Ico's needs to be selective in choosing to pur your money. It has proven a lot of scams and many lists to reach their project to be successful. Let's be initiative by participating an Ico that were not be a victim of scam.

I'm not quiting them, I'm only changing them with more preferred ones that I liked more than the previous ones. Quitting them is not a good idea since there are not too many options besides them. We need ico things anyway.
broilsemla0

Activity: 69

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:05:49 PM

Will it be safe for the newbies to access to ICOs? please tell your views on it.
trako

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:11:17 PM

I agree. because 2018 was not a good year for ICO. especially because of recent events.
ico is a team job. but now many ico does not promise to give.
they also do not manage the money they collect.
Cult

Activity: 479

Enter the future of gaming

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 03:32:24 PM

Will it be safe for the newbies to access to ICOs? please tell your views on it.

ICOs are still a pretty risky investment. Even being a newbie you can still run a research and evaluate project's potential and adequacy. Take a look at the team and advisors, google them and check their backgrounds.

RedCatMetaverse   
    ●  Play Learn and Earn blockchain game  ●   
Instagram  ◣ Discord  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
frerejaak

Activity: 182

Cross-Border Blockchain Real Estate Marketplace

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:21:59 PM

there's a reason why I would invest in ICO's, and why I wouldn't; the reason i wouldn't is because prices often drop after the first listing, so you can get the tokens at a discount price. The reason why I would invest is because the project often needs the ICO funding to complete their work. A lot of high potential companies simply never started because of lack of funding. That's why I think it sometimes is our duty to invest, even if that means our investment goes in red for a few weeks.

◖◖◖◖◖ RealtyReturns ◗◗◗◗◗
━━━ Cross-Border Blockchain-based Real Estate Marketplace ━━━
FACEBOOKREDDITTWITTERTELEGRAM ☞ANN Thread
gpamfmcq

Activity: 160

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:39:21 PM

It's time to give up ICO. There are too many false accounts in the telegraph group of some ICO projects. Most ICO projects do not have a clear overall plan. They focus too much on marketing, which may be just for the sake of entering the exchange.
ironman2014

Activity: 266

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:45:02 PM

Your words are hurting me =) The same reasons I see now in many and many projects, but still! They are! a good and succeful ones! few.

Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:52:54 PM

i agree about your point. it is really hard to find a proper ico for investment. and even you find a good one, distribution of tokens are not fair that is why they are very open for manipulations after listing.
MiXxe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:10:03 PM

Although the ICO has a lot of fraudulent projects, but I will not ignore. This is a high risk investment but it is profitable and I accept it. Currently there are many good projects to invest, so why ignore it.

Agree! The higher the risk, the higher the profit.If you want to earn higher, take greater risks!
ICOs are one great way to be financially free from debts. I get why people are afraid to continue or try  to invest in ICOs but I believe I have the responsibility to share to you guys the help of bicoin.

@theman

Activity: 107

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:13:37 PM

On the contrary, I study deeper ico. I see this as a prospect and an opportunity to make good money. Don't leave stay with us)))
Lubang Bawah

Activity: 1358
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:44:52 PM

I think ICO is a very nice and lucrative investment type as long as we can know in detail, read their whitepapers and roadmaps, then search for information about teams and if they are popular then we will not go wrong choosing ICO.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Pelevelyl

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:48:36 PM

If you stopped making money this way, then it's a good thing you don't waste any more time on useless stuff.
vionas

Activity: 261

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:49:43 PM

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley

Ico is a high-risk investment and not necessarily this project will run smoothly. Because it is risky, you should do some research first before deciding to invest.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: