Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:46:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's  (Read 6083 times)
LongerBitcoin

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:16:20 PM

On the contrary, I study deeper ico. I see this as a prospect and an opportunity to make good money. Don't leave stay with us)))
Yeah you are right. Investment in cryptocurrency needs patience and courage to bear the loss. If you are real businessman then you will be able to handle bad situations but if you are ordinary investors then it is difficult for you to cross difficult situations. Most people withdraw their money due to huge deficit in the price. They can’t want to lose all their money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NBIToin

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 12:40:02 PM

Very interesting topic and views you guys have. I am actually investing more time and energy exploring different ICOs.
Lodipetmalu

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:49:42 PM

You had valid reasons why to leave in ICO's. We can not force you to remain in the industry since you consider many things. All we have now why we stay is the hope. Hope that we will earn again by going back trend in increasing. All things might happen in the future so we had a big hope that it will have a positive outcome.
TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:06:08 PM

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley
I have no doubt that most of ICOs nowadays are scam. There are many greedy person who doing fake projects for them to easily make money. We should be careful if we will make investment with ICOs.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
BitcoinPaw

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 05:11:44 PM

ICOs are bad because of scammers and overrated projects, people always like to have free money and ICO was good for it but nowadays it's very difficult to find decent project.

insikko0413

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:18:26 PM

ICOs are bad because of scammers and overrated projects, people always like to have free money and ICO was good for it but nowadays it's very difficult to find decent project.

Its true only few ICOs are paying well and its hard find a good ICOs nowadays because even those trusted bounty manager are sometimes handling bounty programs that scammed their followers.
vanessbtf39

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:22:02 PM

Due to the popularity of bitcoin, ICO leave with the intention of cheating and we all enter this btc world to generate income not to lose
faithupgrade

Activity: 475
Merit: 253

ARCS - A New World Token

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:40:11 PM

Sometimes it is better to buy a coin on exchanges than buy a coin during its ICO. This thing is very usual but  you will find out that the ICO you bought are continuously dropping. So better to buy or rebought this ICO coins on its dip.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄███████████
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄▄
 ▄████
█▀             ████▄
█████               █████▄
█████                 █████
█████               █████
 ▀████
█▄           ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
ARCS
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A   N E W   W O R L D   T O K E N
|     WEBSITE     |     TWITTER     |   TELEGRAM   |     MEDIUM     |  WHITEPAPER  |
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Naman1111

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:24:12 PM

I think its stupid to quit ICO. Its the fact that you can pick up coins on the exchanges but the feeling of investing and supporting a good project does not come. I know there is a gold rush and its gets pretty crazy when a good  ICO is around the corner and most of the ICO are pure scam and full of shit but it all boils down to supporting a good project to fruition.Its hard find a good ICOs nowadays because all get funded in early stages only.
21millionsbtc

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:49:57 PM

quitting icos is nt a good idea we should think how to overcome scams and make profit it is possible with the rating websites we have websites like icorating.com
BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:14:28 PM

Sorry to hear your lost. I do agreed most of new ICOs are garbage and deserve no investment and attention whatsoever.
3acaga

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:23:55 PM

I totally agree with you. It makes no sense to participate in ICO !!!
It is much easier to buy a token when entering the exchange-when its price in most cases falls below the price of ICO.
And you can already analyze the project more carefully and in more detail.
lamadu3

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:46:34 PM

I understand you, bro. I also decided not to deal with the ICOs now, as once I lost a lot of money that I invested in the project that turned to be the simple scam.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:28:11 PM

Even though there are so many ICO projects that can be characterized as bad, unsuccessful ones or they lack the idea and promising development team that will not bring ICO to the end of its existance just yet. It is way too popular to distinguish completely now.
Most of the projects being launched are adding nothing new and it's basically the same project being relaunched again and again with new name alone. ICOs are without doubt a bane of Bitcoins.
Rastafarian

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:51:43 AM

Last year way back July, I decided to quit ICO’s but I got know that all my thought about crypto and its services. Moreover, there has been challenges the crypto world is facing and these problems need to be dealth with ASA.I would like to share a few challenges the crypto market is facing.
To start with, there is this issue of studying the market to know which tokens are falling and rising so as to make an informed decision on what to do. There are numerous Factors triggering that and I would like to exaggerate on the fall and rise of the coins.
laravuemaster

Activity: 378

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:55:03 AM

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley

You should not quit ico, maybe there are bad ico's in the past but they are still profitable today because of different investors in the market who are willing to hold their coins for long term investment.

setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:53:33 AM

Point number 1 2 and 3 are the main factors why ICO nowadays is likely to fall after released to the exchange. Too ambitious with the hardcap, when the hardcap is nowhere to be reach, the ico tends to collapse.
Presales often just accomodating few big investor, leaving the others with small capital nothing.
Company that want to start new ICO now need to fix it, to gain back more trust from the investor and positive responses from the market
To be very honest, I never suggested investing in bitcoin from the beginning because they never proved to be beneficial or they are not capable of meeting expectations of investors. If someone earns a profit of 100 dollars after six months or so, I don’t think it can be even called as profit. Besides, crypto world is full of really cool coins that have made people millionaire already.
SolomonSollarsNSense

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:18:32 AM

Although the ICO has a lot of fraudulent projects, but I will not ignore. This is a high risk investment but it is profitable and I accept it. Currently there are many good projects to invest, so why ignore it.

Agree! The higher the risk, the higher the profit.If you want to earn higher, take greater risks!
ICOs are one great way to be financially free from debts. I get why people are afraid to continue or try  to invest in ICOs but I believe I have the responsibility to share to you guys the help of bicoin.
I think it depends on the well of a person. If I interest in investing in ICO, I will buy some but if I realize that this is us a waste of time and money I will quit cryptocurrency world. It is also a big problem that many ICOs are fake and there is no authentication. Credibility is also suspicious of some coins. The fear to lose money is the main reason for quitting.
brengoskandel

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:01:59 AM

it's kind of a gamble, Sometimes you loose and sometimes you win, this investment is risky. now There are many ICO's and most dependent when they complete the sale. Sometimes people just buy and sell without researching what will happen next, not taking into account the bad things will happen.
bfrank56712

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:29:48 PM

Firstly being picky and statistical with your approach is a very good way when dealing with ico has its still about 7months into the year and it is also still a great year for ico
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: