Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:49:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's  (Read 6086 times)
Assface16678

Activity: 1414
Merit: 135

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 07:52:07 AM

It's certain that the hard caps are high and that there are more and more... But some ICOs like crypterium or titanium still managed to reach it! I think the real problem is that it dilutes all this money on the market cap and therefore prevents good projects from succeeding  Sad

Well we cannot really identify what the real problem is. But as we can see, there are more and more scams ICOs that are blooming and we cannot prevent it from happening. Therefore the thing we can do to lessen the chances of facing this risk is to study well the ICO and it will probably give profit and avoid from quitting.

putrisa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 08:12:22 AM

I think you are a person who has just known ICO, you should be able to see some ICOs that have already taken place, the price that will be given at the first exchange place definitely does not match the ico price, but it is only temporary because surely the price will rise due to the increase the price depends on the development of the project they develop.
dowellness

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:40:50 AM

ICO was a way to get nearly free money but the times have changed, yes, for me it is obvious that they doesn't work well now, their era is coming to an end probably.
In any case, that does not mean I never took an interest in ICO as an Investor, this thing I did in most ICO yet the benefit isn't substantially, greater benefit I get from bounty and other things.
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:53:04 AM

ICO was a way to get nearly free money but the times have changed, yes, for me it is obvious that they doesn't work well now, their era is coming to an end probably.
In any case, that does not mean I never took an interest in ICO as an Investor, this thing I did in most ICO yet the benefit isn't substantially, greater benefit I get from bounty and other things.
Many investors now afraid to invest in ICO because of many emerging ICO's that probably scam or too low of development that causes a project to become shit. We must peaky to invest project because some of them are not worth it to invest.
I personally noticed that this year ICO's are not worth it to invest I don't think so probably due to market was also down.

Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 04:52:58 AM

I think you are a person who has just known ICO, you should be able to see some ICOs that have already taken place, the price that will be given at the first exchange place definitely does not match the ico price, but it is only temporary because surely the price will rise due to the increase the price depends on the development of the project they develop.

That is assuming that the project will be developed and more people are going to buy the coin. Most times, it's the same people who invested during the ICO who are buying when the coin gets listed to a trading site. They think that the coin has a potential so they stock even more of that. It's also weird that ICOs stop promoting their coin once the token sale is over. They have to continue advertising the coin so there will be more people interested in the coin. Moreover, that allows them to have a bigger audience and a bigger community. They need to involve more people because otherwise, the price will just go down even when the coin has a good potential and has been developing as planned.

Many investors now afraid to invest in ICO because of many emerging ICO's that probably scam or too low of development that causes a project to become shit. We must peaky to invest project because some of them are not worth it to invest.
I personally noticed that this year ICO's are not worth it to invest I don't think so probably due to market was also down.

To sum up this year, the crypto market has been dry. No successful new coins at all, and rampant scam ICOs. Not sure when is this going to end or if this would ever end at all.

putrii

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:06:00 AM

if you leave ico and you don't want to continue to participate in the ICO again then it is a good choice maybe you can keep doing the rading and don't let you enter the ICO world again because you are not too smart and don't wait patiently and choose the ICO good and very useful.
realcrypto

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:41:01 AM

The token trading below ICO price is not the fault of any ICO term, the entire market is experiencing continuous dropping. The price also is the function of project, most of the projects have not being executed yet, since it's written in the whitepaper that the coin will be used in the platform let us have patience.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
gtglener

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 07:37:28 AM

Intereting point of view! I think this is a really good subject to abord on this page
Of course this needs to be discussed more often for people over here seek guidance to make their investment decisions and this forum helps them collect information about any subject in the spur of the moment for free which gives away bundles of ideas. About quitting ICO, I would support it for you can never be so sure about the progress of a technology and the output it will give away in future. So it is unwise to invest in such a thing. One should rather go for a well build asset.
Yadstiker

Activity: 373

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 07:41:23 AM

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

• most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

Your obervation have shown that many ICO nowadays are carbon copies of previous ICO of a diffent company. There are some investors that have been discouraged because of the effects of dumpers in etherdelta which put the coin in underperformance status. Many who gets the coin are bounty hunters willing to dump the moment token get into their wallet.
Some tip to give you is that before you invest try looking for a unique ICO, an ico which dont have a resemblance to others. And do some research first. 5 ETH is  big money bro.
This crypto business is a lot of trial and error but the good thingt is that we learn along the way.
ICO's attracts many scammers who can simply create a bogus whitepaper and make off with a lot of money . Some developers also purposefully omit certain important details from their whitepaper to make their projects look more appealing than they actually are. The biggest consequence of all these scams is the decreased faith of the public in  blockchain technology which can potential spell absolute disaster.
Yes, scams are everywhere and much more on the online community and it is not new to me that there are ICO's that they consider it scam but i don't believe on it, just maybe there are some ICO that are not successful so the distribution of bounty is very delayed. As for me i will never quit as being a bounty hunter because there are so many times that my reward is helping me a lot in my financial struggles.
You have a good point even though there are some ICO's which is not actually successful after the end of their project it doesn't mean we should surrender and quit already as a bounty hunter. Well, if you have a positive motivation in life no matter what happens you should always think about what's good for yourself and also to the future outcomes.
PlusOne88

Merit: 10

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:04:16 AM

There are a lot of things we should know more about ICOs before really deciding whether it is good to join or not. Especially if the money we have invested is very important to us. It will not be good if we are just like gambling with only a little chance of probability for earning a profit from it. It is very true that some had so much fire in their heart that the ICO they are in are really going to make great but sadly as you have said all you will find are the GIFs scattered across posts and everywhere in the telegram. It was a bit so sad to see how sometimes the community manager would only tell you to just wait and wait until we lost the patience because they didn't even inform us of what is really going on. That is just a real problem that is why most investors would leave or instead brand the ICO as a scam.

gamechangers

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:50:32 AM

There are a lot of ICOs nowadays whose prices will definitely fall below the ICO price after listing on exchanges. This can be a huge discouragement for investors. Another issue that is not often stressed is scam. So many people are losing interest due to this.
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 12:37:08 PM

Most of the ico now are ending up into scam, then other ico's ending up at early time then the token distribution it took a long period of time, from 2 months up to 6 months before sending it to your wallet. Then most ico now run long period of time, only few of them run for 6 weeks or 8 weeks, then some extending it due to the collective funds was not enough. But it doesn't I will quit, I know the bad side of the ico just what am I gonna is I will continue what I had started it here.
nak02

Activity: 512

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 12:42:36 PM

Well that's a great point now in the crypto world, ICO's now are wasted and even you have many money to investment they can't guaranteed you will earn big in return. Much better do in trading you can earn easily and big return if you know how to do it. As of now Im studying trading than other projects ICO's because in ICO's they have also whales and the dumpers.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
MUG1WARA

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:56:32 PM

There are a lot of ICOs nowadays whose prices will definitely fall below the ICO price after listing on exchanges. This can be a huge discouragement for investors. Another issue that is not often stressed is scam. So many people are losing interest due to this.
indeed this end is a lot of things because of that I have lost money and sold assets that I have under the price and it is difficult to see which are potential and which are fraudulent

kramat

Activity: 910

https://i.ibb.co/2NX43h7/Avatar-1.jpg

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 02:14:56 PM

indeed this end is a lot of things because of that I have lost money and sold assets that I have under the price and it is difficult to see which are potential and which are fraudulent
maybe you are out of luck so you join ico which is not good, so before joining make sure everything is very mature so that later when the exchange has opened then the price will continue to increase where there will be profits that you get

Stervyatnik

Activity: 249
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 02:24:10 PM

Of course, your business, but sometimes ICO offer quite adequate solutions to problems in their projects!
Osayo

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 02:28:18 PM

It seems the OP has had enough of the whole ICO thing. I wouldn't be surprised either at your view. This is the reason all hands must be on deck bow to save the future of ICOs and cryptocurrency. We need to bring back investors confidence on ICOs.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:27:40 PM

Everybody is in here bashing ICOs, maybe they should look at the statistics. By Q2 this year ICOs had already eclipsed the funding seen throughout 2017. There is actually MORE money being invested in ICOs overall this year, of course the amount per ICO is lower due to the sheer number of ICOs, but we can hardly say that ICOs are dead, as that's obviously not true.
adefirman98

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:45:29 PM

I prefer to invest in bitcoin because bitcoin has been proven every year it goes up while our new coin doesn't know in the future how and the most feared is that the ico is a scam so it must be really careful in choosing a new coin ico.
peter_coin

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 07:07:14 PM

Initial coin offerings as we all know is a way for teams to raise capital to fund their project while harnessing the Ethereum block chain via smart contracts. ICO's are the main reason why the Ethereum block chain has recorded massive success in recent times and they are not going anywhere in the nearest possible future. Teams would always come up with new innovative ideas and people would always invest in novel ideas. The only thing people should pay much more attention on is to research the project and make sure it's legit before investing. Infact a project with a working platform is a must invest.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: