Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:45:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's  (Read 6081 times)
satriagedhe

Activity: 250
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:00:19 PM

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize

just agree with this , they all just waiting without do something , and asking for "lambo " everytime , IMO , with huge of member like that i think they can easily to go to the market and make they" lambo " real
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:18:52 PM

Most of the ico now are ending up into scam, then other ico's ending up at early time then the token distribution it took a long period of time, from 2 months up to 6 months before sending it to your wallet. Then most ico now run long period of time, only few of them run for 6 weeks or 8 weeks, then some extending it due to the collective funds was not enough. But it doesn't I will quit, I know the bad side of the ico just what am I gonna is I will continue what I had started it here.
ICO is a good investment before, but since a most of the ICO now are failed raising funds, and turns into a scam project investors are afraid to come in again. Maybe this year is really not a good year for them, hopefully we regain the trust in ICO from the investors so we can enjoy all the benefit in investing with ICO just like before. Don't just quit and lose hope in this market, just have some rest and be back when the market is good again.
boyz97

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 12:49:41 AM

I prefer to invest in bitcoin because bitcoin has been proven every year it goes up while our new coin doesn't know in the future how and the most feared is that the ico is a scam so it must be really careful in choosing a new coin ico.
bitcoin maybe be best investment portofolio at this moment.although its has high volatile , but its price could recovered soon.soo this is why many people interested on it.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
buje micin

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 12:57:59 AM

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

you are right, some ico have a very strong team maybe because they pay people with not small money, and this is not a great working product, after they won hardcap and listed in exchange, many investors were disappointed because the project never developed and has a value that is very far from ico prices
iarsenaux15
Copper Member

Activity: 99

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 01:03:40 AM

I think ICOs are still profitable. It just depends on the ICO where you are going to invest. Nowadays, community population no longer adds weight on valuing an ICO. Check the team's background and any potential backers. Try those ICOs that are backed by big companies like IBM, Brian Kelly Capital, BlockTower Capital, etc. If you see these names, very high chance that the ICO will become a success.
CASTIEL05

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 01:36:52 AM

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley
A lot of investors quit already in ICO this year. Many of us are leaving because we don't have assurance that we will gain due to the fact that ICOs are scam nowadays. I believe that trading have cents than participating in an ICO. Well, it is your choice to quit but for me, ICO is more profitable specially if we grab the best ICO.

wahyu wida

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:37:00 AM

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley
A lot of investors quit already in ICO this year. Many of us are leaving because we don't have assurance that we will gain due to the fact that ICOs are scam nowadays. I believe that trading have cents than participating in an ICO. Well, it is your choice to quit but for me, ICO is more profitable specially if we grab the best ICO.
to analyze quality of ico, many still have difficulties, indeed it requires special skills in analyzing. therefore the number is waiting for the listing in the exchange. maybe this is what makes many of results of ico not as expected
Jupeter

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 11:45:19 AM

I would also add, before ICOs were invented, the number of startups actually ending up doing something disruptive or "making it" were very slim.

Now with ICOs is the same, even if they are using a promising new technology like blockchain, so don't be fooled.

I am also quitting in ico investing at this momebt becuse i dont think that ico investing now can help me to became very profitable,  right now i will focus investing in cryptocurrency like ethereum and eos both of this can help my money grow soon.

kolsernik

Activity: 722
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:59:35 PM

Yes, all of the above is true, but still there are a lot of ICO that will give x. Just need to analyze startups more or less carefully. Another unfavorable factor (in my opinion) is that the cryptocurrency is not yet so developed. I hope that soon most people nevertheless, they will learn about cryptocurrencies and will naturally use them. By that time, everyone who reads this message should have the maximum portfolio filled)
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 07:50:24 AM

There are a lot of ICOs nowadays whose prices will definitely fall below the ICO price after listing on exchanges. This can be a huge discouragement for investors. Another issue that is not often stressed is scam. So many people are losing interest due to this.
In addition to this, a lot of ICO are not even that much competent in the market and therefore investing in such ICO with no probability to give future profit is irrational.

This is the reason many people are quitting ICO and rather opt for the cryptocurrency which give away good future return with low risk attached to the investment. And there are rational decisions because there is no use of investing in assets with no securities.
newbie-hero

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:38:03 AM

I prefer to invest in bitcoin because bitcoin has been proven every year it goes up while our new coin doesn't know in the future how and the most feared is that the ico is a scam so it must be really careful in choosing a new coin ico.

This is the safest investment. Yes, due to the greatest volatility of Bitcoin you might not get very high returns soon. Meanwhile, you will be sure that you can trade it or sell it. ICO can be a scam.
bebekangsoo

Activity: 313

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:54:41 AM

This is the safest investment. Yes, due to the greatest volatility of Bitcoin you might not get very high returns soon. Meanwhile, you will be sure that you can trade it or sell it. ICO can be a scam.

a lot of ICO which seems to be a quantity choice outside the concentration of bitcoin. most investors already understand the importance of bitcoin, and they want something different from the emerging ICO, bitcoin is safer because they are already circulating in daily transactions, but successful ICOs have the potential to grow in value based on more quantity. it will definitely promise greater profits in terms of the number of coins held.

BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:21:03 AM

A scam ICO has always been the reason why people always leave the ICO. well, but I think that is a natural thing. seeing so many ICOs that scam makes many investors uneasy. however, there are still some profitable ICOs.
kokobaba880

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:10:57 AM

I think we should not lose hope and if we not taking risk in life we can not survive in the competent world we should some time take risks so we can face th troubles of life and i am not quiting ICO i find some ICO which are very important.

Andrey13101991

Activity: 551

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 11:57:20 AM

Before investing in ICO, projects need to be carefully analysed. It is advisable to communicate with the organizers and developers to ask them questions and make sure that it is not a scam.
UchihaRukawa

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 01:59:29 AM

• massive hardcaps

I think ICOs are great, imagine having the advantage of buying more coins in a much lower price, I think that is just a great deal, but the problem is that you cant say if the ICO is gonna be a success or not, or if the coin is just gonna be a pump and dump kind of coin, But I think, it is still worth the risk.

hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 02:38:16 AM

Before investing in ICO, projects need to be carefully analysed. It is advisable to communicate with the organizers and developers to ask them questions and make sure that it is not a scam.
well, but lately, it all depends on the dev, whether they will work on the project seriously or not. well, but I think, now everything is getting better. I hope the people who leave ICO will come back again.
bayu7adi

Activity: 1400
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 03:50:05 AM

that's our risk when we believe in humans, they can just break promises, even though there are some projects that I have scored like Credits and CryberMiles, but that only two of the thousands of ICOs are born every month
developers make whitepapers well, do marketing very neatly, but when they start working on products, they fail miserably. very sad
I myself have stopped investing in ICO since 3 months ago
Crypto24hrs

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:53:47 AM

Even though i have been a victim of failed ICOs i steel do not want to write them off, why because they are also victims of the current market price of 2018, so let all judgement be adjoined to 2019 have a nice day
ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:38:09 AM

The market for cryptocurrencies is very low, and it is difficult to raise enough funds for the current ico project!
Now investing in ico, it is difficult to make a profit! And now there are no good projects, now investing in ico is not a wise choice!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: