Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:12:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's  (Read 6085 times)
Moshaid
Copper Member

Activity: 546
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 04:57:15 PM

Quitting ico doesn't mean one won't lose in some other ways. For an investors it's advisable to make rigid findings on the product you want to invest in if it's an already working project or a short time project which only comes with profit and dump. Always go for a product that will be in existence in the next few years.

► BLOCKBURN ◄ ★WHERE CRYPTOCURRENCY AND ONLINE GAMING MEET★ ► BLOCKBURN ◄
───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●─[   ABOUT US   ]─●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───
Website◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸CoinMarketCap
turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 03:29:27 AM

As per the research report i read on LinkedIn someone posted it few months ago he mentioned that 85% icos are just for raising money and they don't have potential product for future development and for benefits for stakeholders.. one more thing most of ICOs do not able to give any profit from investment. that's why I don't want to invest in any of ICO.
Based on my experience, you will only have a good chance to gain profit from ICO or investment in crypto project if you have a deep connection with the project's team.
Inner circle and inside information have always been the key here.
Pikachu12

Activity: 435
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 03:35:16 AM

Thank you for sharing your experience. I think the current ICO market is dying. Project owners always postpone their listing. They always wait for the prices of the altcoins to become better to be listed on the floor without thinking of the interests of investors. It is a very unsettling behavior of the founders that they are unaware of. This is one of the reasons I do not invest in ICO projects anymore.
dongyi17

Activity: 616

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 05:34:34 AM

There are really happening in bitcoin world beyond our control it's either you continue in spite and despite or you just quit ico..campaign..trading and everything about crypto world due to many irregulation, uncertainties and the issue about market place...whatever our decision is, its either we lose or we profit.

Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1004

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 06:15:56 AM

There are really happening in bitcoin world beyond our control it's either you continue in spite and despite or you just quit ico..campaign..trading and everything about crypto world due to many irregulation, uncertainties and the issue about market place...whatever our decision is, its either we lose or we profit.
people who quit the ICO of course they think that they have lost profits, and see the current situation, of course that is a natural thing. however, I think this is like a storm, and when everything returns to normal, everyone will again make their ICO company.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Magkirap

Activity: 896
Merit: 267

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 12:58:21 PM

Ico is good to invest in if you can actually make money if those projects will be listed in those big exchange and not on etherdelta and hitbtc were most thing that happened is dump and sell out of panic.
I don't think Ico itself is bad but what is bad is our attitude towards how this market work , no one want to invest in a project because he believes in the future of those project but just to sell for profits.
You will consider that you can earn money from ICO if the ICO has good project and platform. Every individual have their own reason why they quitting in investing in ICO projects. But, for me if you choose good ICO which have potential you will say that I will never quit in investing ICO.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 01:42:08 PM

I think we need to stop this blame game, looking at the second part of the year ICO funding has dried up and with all this happening the return on investment has not improved and tokens keep dumping on exchanges. We investors too put too much expectations on these developers hoping to get ridiculous ROI, until we start seeing things right from investment angle and with realist expectations we will keep up with this blame game
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 02:53:40 PM

By the time you quit ICOs there will probably be some really good ones that pops up.  Just like how everyone wrote bitcoin off in the past but it always came back stronger.  There will always be more innovation and new technology when you least expect it.  If you were smart you would at least keep an eye out for promising  new projects.
RokokGudangGaram

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 02:55:46 PM

Exiting the ICO investment is very correct. Now ICO has become the grave of everyone. Only a few ICO projects can make investors make money, and many projects will make investors bankrupt. So leaving the ICO is wise.
hence from that there are now a lot of people who are out of ICO investment, because this year there are many useless ICOs that cause losses to many investors

btcjocan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 03:26:28 PM

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley
ICOs nowadays were less profitable.We can see the potential of the token when it is already in an exchanges and most of them have low value compared to ICO price.Most investors have lost when they have pick scam ICOs and i can see that your point of view was right.If you already decided to give up then you have reasons to quit.
yulchatar

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 06:45:09 PM

Surely, this is your choice and it's based on your subjective experience. I also have different results from participating in ICO - good and bad. But personally I stay and continue to explore and search for good projects and even have already found a few.
Gabali126

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:47:44 PM

I can just imagine how pained you are to have made this post. As for me, I will still giving it my all. I might have a breakthrough. Amen

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
princeyeboah

Activity: 714
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 01:31:04 AM

They are several ways why i also dont participate in the initial coin offerings. One reason out of them is, the huge bounty pools. They are to many bounty hunters, who get to much tokens. And immidietaly they got listed on exchange and sometimes before ond forkdelta they dump their tokens for like 10% of the initial coin offerings price. So today as investor you are stupid when you invest in initial coin offerings with huge bounty pools. You can just wait untill they got dumped on the exchange!
Why are people always pointing fingers at Bounty hunters whenever a newly listed coin gets dumped on the market? I have entered a couple of bounty programs and i have never seen one with an allocation of more than 10% of the entire tokens generated. The percentage allocation which normally appears is from 1% to 5% of the entire tokens. How can that dump the entire coin after the token gets listed even if all 1000 bounty hunters who entered the campaign decides to sell their tokens?
Trust me, most of the dumping comes from the strategic plan of the team.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
wahyu wida

Activity: 826

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 02:20:03 AM

Surely, this is your choice and it's based on your subjective experience. I also have different results from participating in ICO - good and bad. But personally I stay and continue to explore and search for good projects and even have already found a few.
indeed everyone has their choice, and it will be better if we follow personal standpoints. for me, learning to recognize good ico will be better, because we can make money that is multiple
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 02:38:58 AM

ICOs have terribly decreased in terms of quality while its numbers are increasing exponentially. And ICO investors are also turning blind to the products that the projects are aiming. Most of the time, the ICO participants are only taking notice of the exchanges, the price of the tokens or coins, and their volume. They are becoming oblivious to the actual problems that the project is expected to address by way of their products.
lutfi-hasan

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 07:08:52 AM

ICOs have terribly decreased in terms of quality while its numbers are increasing exponentially. And ICO investors are also turning blind to the products that the projects are aiming. Most of the time, the ICO participants are only taking notice of the exchanges, the price of the tokens or coins, and their volume. They are becoming oblivious to the actual problems that the project is expected to address by way of their products.
Yes, the ICO project this year was badly affected by falling Bitcoin prices, so many ICO projects failed in exchange, so many Investors did not want to participate in the current ICO project. Because investors don't want big losses.
niublity

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 07:14:09 AM

I agree with you. I also withdrew my investment in the ICO project very early. The ICO project is now in danger of disappearing. It is very unwise to invest in ICO, which is very similar to gambling. So giving up ICO investment is correct.

apilpirman.bisnis

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 07:34:13 AM

Many investor have quit and left for ico investment at this years, they have faced with scam and lower price of ICO investment and make them lost and quit from ICO project, but I am still loyal with joining at best and potential ico.
chairmanMao

Activity: 456
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 07:34:22 AM

Yes, I support you to do this. I also gave up the investment of ICO. This is the cemetery of funds. Investment will only lose money. I lost any hope for ICO. I hate liar. We should stay away from ICO. Novices should not participate in ICO investment. This is a suggestion.

jimskiy

Activity: 574

Bitway.net - The Best Bitcoin Mining Network

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 08:00:40 AM

Many ICO was failed and could reached their target for hardcap because they have lost their chance with lower price of bitcoin and ethereum, many ICO was stop for selling their ICO but you will got your refund money back by ico team.

BTC BitwayBTC
The Best Bitcoin Mining Network
────────  DiscordInstagram ♦  Twitter ♦  Bitcointalk ♦  Reddit ♦  Facebook   ────────
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: