Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:51:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's  (Read 6083 times)
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 08:04:32 AM

My reason for ICO leaving was that their where so many that identifying which is good and which is can turned difficult . Many did not got listed and had to consider it as a loss . Instead better to trade once they get listed and then buy more of the coin if you feel worth investing .
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kahoy01

Activity: 481
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 08:59:24 AM

There are many worthless ICO, most of the teams of ICO are trash because they are not improving their products and they are only focusing to gain profit. We can't ensure if we will gain profit from investing in ICOs because of the high risks that we are going to face.

Sama517

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 11:15:40 AM

I must admit that you have valid points and arguments of wanting to quit ICOs, but on the second thought, running away from the problems or challenges of ICOs won't solve the general problem. The best thing is everyone uniting when it comes to projects, and boycott the irrelevant ones no matter the hypes or profit returns on it.

▄▄▄▄▄          REFINE MEDIUM: People's own media          ▄▄▄▄▄
millionaireshs

Activity: 353
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 02:10:50 PM

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley

Since we get possible big income from ICO we should not quit even just a little time because ICO is actually really big help to us, but because of some ICO project that doesn't success because of luck of support that's why they will experienced a bad project of ICO but it doesn't mean that all ICO is not good many of them are ok so just be patience and find the right ICO project.
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 02:14:56 PM

Surely, this is your choice and it's based on your subjective experience. I also have different results from participating in ICO - good and bad. But personally I stay and continue to explore and search for good projects and even have already found a few.
indeed everyone has their choice, and it will be better if we follow personal standpoints. for me, learning to recognize good ico will be better, because we can make money that is multiple

We should understand the difference between the good and bad ICO. We should have enough knowledge and experience to differentiate the scam and good ico. Quitting all the ico is not the solution as digital currencies have just started and there will be many more good ico yet to emerge.
mary0919

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 05:57:49 PM

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley
I do not really invest in ICOs since I experienced lose of my money when I heard from a friend an ICO  which I had thought it was good but sad to say it suddenly disappear in the air. All of their social medias and their community have gone away this is the main reason why I need to stop investing in ICO there are still good ICO but it is very few much of ICOs nowadays tend to scam people.
pabpete

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 06:13:58 PM

And so you were lucky that you back off before the total catastrophe. At the moment, the investors are happy if the ICO survived the price drops and continue development, or it did not turn out to be a scam.
sulendra12

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 06:33:07 PM

Many ICO was failed and could reached their target for hardcap because they have lost their chance with lower price of bitcoin and ethereum, many ICO was stop for selling their ICO but you will got your refund money back by ico team.
Not really, most of them they will steal your money and run without any information with all of your money. Even if they are failed, they wouldn't really care with it and just thinking about money. Also it's stated on their ICO's site that the transaction is not refundable etc etc.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Lynks

Activity: 265

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 08:08:53 PM

I agree with you on ico being scam. But all ico are scam there are stil some solid projects woth low hard cap and and good working product . Hopefully we can participate in those type
2chase

Activity: 1082
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 08:24:19 PM

Despite the fact that now most of the projects are failures and after their tokens appear on the exchange - the price for them immediately falls, I still have very clear confidence that some of the projects are still successful projects even despite the current market situation .
marcelocoin

Activity: 1085
Merit: 500

hi =D

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 08:37:00 PM

I have already fallen into some fraudulent projects, today I am more realistic and I analyze very well where I am going to put my money, I hope that soon they have projects more oriented to the security of the investors in icos!
Soots

Activity: 1050
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 10:47:09 PM

I have already fallen into some fraudulent projects, today I am more realistic and I analyze very well where I am going to put my money, I hope that soon they have projects more oriented to the security of the investors in icos!
If you fail, change the plan but not the goals. I don't see myself quitting in ICO's because I still believe that there are still potential projects to invest in and worth spending my time. It's true that there have been rampant fraudulent activities nowadays, but we can protect ourselves against them with high safety and security as the topmost priority. It's important that we do thorough research and evaluation to have full awareness and understanding what to choose and consider.
Yusuf77

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 02:47:14 AM

I agree with you on ico being scam. But all ico are scam there are stil some solid projects woth low hard cap and and good working product . Hopefully we can participate in those type
ico scam is just ico and a team that is irresponsible and selfish. not all ico are scams, and there are definitely promos. scam it's just that we are out of luck, when we join the ico I think it depends on the luck of each.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 04:15:49 AM

I agree. The ICO craze is reaching its maximum. Everyone saw ICOs 40x'ing and what not last season. So naturally, everyone, both big and small investors, are trying to get in on the craze for the simple reason of dumping when the token or coin reaches a multiple in price.

And most ICOs are scams. You can argue this to death, but out of 100 ICOs, most are there for the hype and quick mass funding.

It's a bullet train to hell. Everyone who hasn't gotten off will end up splattered.

There's an exception to those few solid ICOs with great promise. But even those are pumped and dumped all the same.

By now it has, many people has rode its horse that it's really very difficult to find the good ones now, more so create one if you are a starting developers. The beauty, though, of this market is the fact that there are many other ventures than one many try in order to be successful and prosperous in the cryptocurrency market. However, I am not saying that the ICO market is already dead, if one would invest in enough time to search and study projects, I think there are still some out there, which can be good bets.
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 04:34:26 AM

Interesting point of view.
I'm on exactly opposite end - I'm going deeper with ICO's this year.

Your points are pretty valid, but this mean you just need to be more peaky where you are investing. And I'm always and only buying during the pre-ico phase, avoiding those ICO's with massive pre-sale.

Of course, now in my own opinion I don't think that this is valid enough for me to quit on ICOs, there are ICOs that are reliable out there, you really just have to be picky on finding the ICO that will fit you and your standards, and I don't think that the ICO would adjust onto you, you will be the one that will have to adjust on making your investments, I hope that after what you have said and what the community has responded to you would make your mind up and go back to investing in ICOs.
hawkins

Activity: 1204

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 05:13:57 AM

ico scam is just ico and a team that is irresponsible and selfish. not all ico are scams, and there are definitely promos. scam it's just that we are out of luck, when we join the ico I think it depends on the luck of each.
although it's rare, when an ico reaches the softcap, and cancels the project, it really frustrates us. well, however, we remain cautious, because most people become uncomfortable when an ICO fails to run the project when they have got their funds.
Ezenwanyi1
Copper Member

Activity: 308

Veil

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 07:12:14 AM

For the record, all icos are not scam.
There are still good icos that are eveb doing well as regards their icos sales.
So it's left for you to do proper research and investigation to ensure you do not invest in  scam icos.
automaticmoney

Activity: 420
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 09:37:34 AM

icos are nt for fast growth coins in terms of price or development but in long term we can expect Icos perform yes i agree are risky but nt all icos are risky they are many real development coins which real worth of holding those coins for long term growth
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 08:40:05 PM

Many investor have quit and left for ico investment at this years, they have faced with scam and lower price of ICO investment and make them lost and quit from ICO project, but I am still loyal with joining at best and potential ico.

I understand those people who do it as many ICOs appear to be fake and scam projects. I do not think that it is a good idea to join them, even if an ICO attracts you a lot. Invest, hold and trade - it is better.
Yusuf77

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 08:53:08 PM

Many investor have quit and left for ico investment at this years, they have faced with scam and lower price of ICO investment and make them lost and quit from ICO project, but I am still loyal with joining at best and potential ico.

I understand those people who do it as many ICOs appear to be fake and scam projects. I do not think that it is a good idea to join them, even if an ICO attracts you a lot. Invest, hold and trade - it is better.
but it's not that easy to join the promising ico, even though we have researched and selected the ico correctly and still can still scam. choosing investment into ico I think it all depends on our luck.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: