Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:08:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's  (Read 6085 times)
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 09:44:16 PM

ICO developers this days are mostly out to collect fund and hope there will be a bull run for them to take profit, most do not have a detail working plan, until there is a regulation in the cryptocurrency space, this will continue, human being will always abuse privelege they have, I recommend a detailed research before investing as we still have genuine developer.
jho0810

Activity: 213
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 09:52:20 PM

You know it's rare to find a good project at this day because some are so greedy. That's why when you find ICO much better to study it so you know if this project is have a potential and will have a great value in the market.

https://usdq.platinum.fund/
Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀  $1MLN BOUNTY POOL  ///JOIN///  ▀█
phelbaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 11:35:08 PM

For those who do  not fully understand what cryptocurrency is all about they have already stop putting their best to invest, feeling it is a wrong way to invest.But cryptocurrency is here to stay.
SeVenlast

Activity: 413

● KEEP CALM & HODL ●

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 12:35:08 AM

For those who do  not fully understand what cryptocurrency is all about they have already stop putting their best to invest, feeling it is a wrong way to invest.But cryptocurrency is here to stay.

It only happens for new users who are studying the crypto world because they are unable to see prices drop very badly for now.

●    ●
 ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●   ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Valhalaa
Copper Member

Activity: 546
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2018, 02:02:35 AM

It only happens for new users who are studying the crypto world because they are unable to see prices drop very badly for now.
yeah aggreed , i dont know where are new comers come from with no education related with cryptocurreencies before
so they investing crypto but dont know about risk on it
soo they cutloss and say good bye on ICO's too with alot of lost
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 02:58:07 AM

You know it's rare to find a good project at this day because some are so greedy. That's why when you find ICO much better to study it so you know if this project is have a potential and will have a great value in the market.

There are a lot of projects that is great, a project that is so good to be true and turns out to be a scam.

People wants to earn money, that is a given since you can't live a good life without money, literally. There ware times that you can't even sleep without one. So people work hard to earn money but some take advantage of this "hard work" so they can earn money themselves. It is just that they want to earn money easily by fooling their investors in their projects.
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 03:16:33 AM

It depends to you if you are really want to quit investing to ICO because for sure base on your reason you have the rights on that.  Many people for sure did not invest to ICO in many reason the number 1 behind that is most of the ICO are scam and failed.
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 03:25:48 AM

Interesting point of view.
I'm on exactly opposite end - I'm going deeper with ICO's this year.

Your points are pretty valid, but this mean you just need to be more peaky where you are investing. And I'm always and only buying during the pre-ico phase, avoiding those ICO's with massive pre-sale.

Of course, now in my own opinion I don't think that this is valid enough for me to quit on ICOs, there are ICOs that are reliable out there, you really just have to be picky on finding the ICO that will fit you and your standards, and I don't think that the ICO would adjust onto you, you will be the one that will have to adjust on making your investments, I hope that after what you have said and what the community has responded to you would make your mind up and go back to investing in ICOs.

we know that every investment has a risk, so does the ICO who has the possibility of scam at the risk, so it's natural that someone is regret and sad when the risk occurs to him. right what you say, this risk will remain. You just need to be selective and picky in sorting out the potential ICO
Aris novianto

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 04:21:07 AM

I stopped looking for profit in ico because making a profit is very difficult, because making a profit in a prize campaign is very difficult, now I am willing to work in the real world, and also the price of coins in the trading market is declining

CCN    CUSTOMCONTRACT.NETWORK      CCN   
We Provide The Best Smart    Facebook Twitter  Telegram
Contract Services    ▰▰▰     Service Thread    Whitepaper
sclmte

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 05:31:12 AM

for me as a bounty hunter who needs something similar to an ICO, indeed I do not really want to surrender even though I'm losing money or scam I am constantly joining an ICO because we have no other choice but an ICO . so it's not all ICO's frustrating, so most ICOs are in good service for bounty hunter. so I have no reason to leave an ICO because a defeat or scam is just a trial in your life. if you're really stable or not, so we still keep on achieving our success ...
Bobby park

Activity: 546
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 06:53:47 AM

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley
I thought you have the enthussiam based on your title but look at the topic you made, it was all cons to the ICO. You are right! ICO's are not profitable nowadays because of the market condition. However, if you have a perfect timing you can make a lot of earnings and happy life. Well, it could be possible once you got the top ICO when it comes to sale.
Altf4

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 07:48:58 AM

That is very normal for investors who is tired of being victims of scam ICO ,because it is not easy that the capital for your invesyment in ICO will be of waste for your are investing into ICO thay are scams, its really waste of money.

Bitfling

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 12:06:34 PM

For the record, all icos are not scam.
There are still good icos that are eveb doing well as regards their icos sales.
So it's left for you to do proper research and investigation to ensure you do not invest in  scam icos.

Its true that not all ICOs are scam. Many ICOs reach their target and having good project and solid developers team. I think ICOs need government regulation to reducing scam ICOs and i am believe it will increasing investor confident
rmel0924

Activity: 231

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 12:11:38 PM

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley
I am quitting ICOs because I do not have enough money to buy for ICOs, I only work here in crypto business most of the time without giving capital since I really do not have enough capital. One thing is I only waste my money and time for ICOs which do not give good earnings no more. Most of the ICOs now are not profitable. Before it appear in the market or at the the time of their pre-sale the price is already high but when appear in the market the price gets dip. A lot of investors will dump the price so better quit and work for another alternative ways to earn money.
eroejoe

Activity: 602
Merit: 54

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 12:26:27 PM

What do you think, will STO's replace ICO's in 2019?
STO's are more regulated and more "secure" than ICO's.
Do you think that we even need STO's?

BTC
sulendra12

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 12:37:05 PM

I understand those people who do it as many ICOs appear to be fake and scam projects. I do not think that it is a good idea to join them, even if an ICO attracts you a lot. Invest, hold and trade - it is better.
Sometimes you have to think out of the box and leave your safe zone, so you can earn money through it. There is no reason to stay at the same spot, even in the real life. Sacrifice is important dude.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
tukagero

Activity: 994
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 12:58:44 PM

Reasons why i dont want to invest in ico and im already quitting onit its because of most of ico these are scam, fake amount raised after the sale, fake project and fake team members.

sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 01:51:48 PM

• massive hardcaps

We all have different reasons why we are quitting or why we want to quit supporting ICO's. Most of us want to quit because most of the ico's nowadays are scam and most of our efforts are being wasted. Before, ICO's are a good source of income but after the value of bitcoin hit rock bottom, everything went messed up. We have our own choice if we want to still try ICO's or not but we should be wise on it.
sampalokmix

Activity: 315
Merit: 100

Investing in the future development of blockchain

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 04:52:41 PM

• massive hardcaps

Well, I am just a beginner here and my knowledge were not still enough to go further than being involve and joing ICO'S. I am very grateful for joing signiture campaigns since it helped me at some point of financial assistance and up to now I am still working for making some posts so for the upcoming year I can have a better amoun of profit with exchange to the hardwork I am giving.

makerofall

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 10:03:02 AM

For the record, all icos are not scam.
There are still good icos that are eveb doing well as regards their icos sales.
So it's left for you to do proper research and investigation to ensure you do not invest in  scam icos.

Its true that not all ICOs are scam. Many ICOs reach their target and having good project and solid developers team. I think ICOs need government regulation to reducing scam ICOs and i am believe it will increasing investor confident
Yes if government or any other governmental organization or any trusted institution come to involve and regulate these ICOs then people will be confident for investing in these projects and these projects will also perform well for the future of the crypto.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: