Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:53:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's  (Read 6086 times)
AlphaGoo

Activity: 396
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:14:02 AM

It is wise to withdraw from ICO. I support your decision. I also withdrew from the ICO project. Due to the depreciation of the cryptocurrency market, the investment ICO also has a large depreciation, so ICO may die in the future.

aditasetia123

Activity: 464

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:48:49 AM

It is wise to withdraw from ICO. I support your decision. I also withdrew from the ICO project. Due to the depreciation of the cryptocurrency market, the investment ICO also has a large depreciation, so ICO may die in the future.
ico projects didnt legit anymore.easy to us suffering loss by investing in ico projects.most of their coins unvalueable when listed  in market.and this conditon make cryptocurrency market continously goes down.
Escf4

Activity: 364
Merit: 3

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 01:16:12 PM

I really understand why other investors and members of cryotocurrency community are quitting ICO that is because of their experience they encountered between those ICO who are really scams , for which they are making the  investors the prey  of the scammers who are putting their capital money to ICO and are victims of this ICO scam.

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
juperos

Activity: 459

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 01:29:13 PM

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • most is sold in pre-sale to big investors, leaving scraps for crowdsale
  • much attention to marketing, less to working product or realistic time lines
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • too many ICO's without distinctive differences.
  • too many ICO's in general
  • too much tokens reserved for team/marketing
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley
I very much agree with you on this. some ICO projects flew high on the trading floor but their products were not as good as they said. Since then shows a good and reputable team plus a large fund from angel investors to help that project succeed.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
resty

Activity: 501
Merit: 147

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 03:07:30 PM

I decided to quit ICO's. From December till now I invested about 5 eth into several ICO's. Invest what you can miss, this is what was able to miss.

Right now the first few of my ICO's have reached the exchanges. Most are under performing, but this is related to the overall dip (can be read everywhere). I understand, but ICO token economics have changed also.

• massive hardcaps
  • immediately available on EtherDelta and IDEX, sure sign of little interest in token economics/future
  • no lock on pre-sale tokens, whales take their x2, x3 or x-whatever as soon as possible (I would probably have done the same). Prices drop to below ICO price.
  • many ICO's don't even have a crowdsale anymore (which perhaps is a good thing as the little investors are protected this way)
  • ICO prizes are quite high. 1eth = 1000/4000 tokens is pretty common, but with a hc of 40 million, this will not easily go x10 or more.

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley

I like your thoughts and ideas, that was very helpful indeed even to the ones that are old users here,  i bet they are not knowledgeable about this matter too. We can see it today, a lot of ICOs that are being launched but they have no concrete solution to a specific problem and they are almost the same like what you have said. Maybe now we should be more vigilant as we invest with these ICOs and mindful in our every step.
bintangkejoraku

Activity: 262
Merit: 1

https://saturn.black

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 03:34:30 PM

ico scam is very detrimental to investors and other ico, currently many ico do not reach the target because many investors retire from ico. besides scamers have a very bad impact on bitcoin.

♛ SATURN♛
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 06:10:59 PM

• massive hardcaps

Well, I am just a beginner here and my knowledge were not still enough to go further than being involve and joing ICO'S. I am very grateful for joing signiture campaigns since it helped me at some point of financial assistance and up to now I am still working for making some posts so for the upcoming year I can have a better amoun of profit with exchange to the hardwork I am giving.

Good for you. However, you used to deal with the signature campaigns, and as I understood, you did not invest anything in the ICO. Today, many projects fail, and the investor can lose his money. Thus, I also stay away from ICOs.
aad140386

Activity: 420
Merit: 20

simply getting the job done

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:00:31 PM

I agree with you completely. Now is not the best time to invest in ICO projects. And what annoys me most about many ICOs is the lack of a clear idea and the need for a project on the part of potential users. We already have at least 20 cryptocurrencies that simply cloned Bitcoin. And a lot of such projects. Senseless, useless or even frank scam. Unfortunately, because of this, really good projects cannot raise the necessary funds. People are disappointed in ICO projects and good projects cannot find sufficient funding.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
sunanbonang

Activity: 242
Merit: 1

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 11:33:30 PM

I have given my money several times for fake ico, but that did not stop me from ico. I am only more careful to invest in Iico. if they all retire from ico, crypto will die soon.

[www.athero.io]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution
▀▀█▄▄   A revolutionary decentralized digital economy   ▄▄█▀▀
BitTraderCute

Activity: 899
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 01:39:45 AM

I have given my money several times for fake ico, but that did not stop me from ico. I am only more careful to invest in Iico. if they all retire from ico, crypto will die soon.
i think you should trying investing you money into existing coins that have strong community and high capitalization in cryptocurrency market.ico projects didnt profitabel anymore although we get huge discount.
SeVenlast

Activity: 413

● KEEP CALM & HODL ●

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 01:50:07 AM

I understand those people who do it as many ICOs appear to be fake and scam projects. I do not think that it is a good idea to join them, even if an ICO attracts you a lot. Invest, hold and trade - it is better.
Sometimes you have to think out of the box and leave your safe zone, so you can earn money through it. There is no reason to stay at the same spot, even in the real life. Sacrifice is important dude.

That's life, we have to make a decision even though the end will produce an unwanted one. All the big risks will bring good things to our lives.

●    ●
 ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●   ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 714

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 10:40:09 PM

You are not really alone, there are many members of the forum that have given up on investing in icos and I am one of them, the benefits are simply not there and I am not going to keep investing my money in something that is clearly not going to give any benefit in the short or the long term but even if the market of icos recovered I have decided to no longer invest in any project that is just starting, I prefer to invest in projects with a long history of success and that I know are not going to disappear.

This is going to limit my profits but it is also going to limit the losses I could get in the market and that is more important to me.
andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 05:59:25 AM

Reasons why i dont want to invest in ico and im already quitting onit its because of most of ico these are scam, fake amount raised after the sale, fake project and fake team members.

Many ICOs scam but not all ICOs are scam. Its true many ICOs scam but we should not generate all ICOs are scam. Many ICOs reach the target and creating a useful project and many investor gain big profits from ICOs because when landed on exchanger, the price rising.
NewRanger

Activity: 1582
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2018, 06:07:12 AM

Reasons why i dont want to invest in ico and im already quitting onit its because of most of ico these are scam, fake amount raised after the sale, fake project and fake team members.

Many ICOs scam but not all ICOs are scam. Its true many ICOs scam but we should not generate all ICOs are scam. Many ICOs reach the target and creating a useful project and many investor gain big profits from ICOs because when landed on exchanger, the price rising.
although much ico reached target their team could not delivered roadmap as well their plan.and finally much investor felt disappointed with this condition and sell their token in market although suffering loss.
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 05:47:24 PM

Interesting point of view.
I'm on exactly opposite end - I'm going deeper with ICO's this year.

Your points are pretty valid, but this mean you just need to be more peaky where you are investing. And I'm always and only buying during the pre-ico phase, avoiding those ICO's with massive pre-sale.

Of course, now in my own opinion I don't think that this is valid enough for me to quit on ICOs, there are ICOs that are reliable out there, you really just have to be picky on finding the ICO that will fit you and your standards, and I don't think that the ICO would adjust onto you, you will be the one that will have to adjust on making your investments, I hope that after what you have said and what the community has responded to you would make your mind up and go back to investing in ICOs.

ICO were good at one time but these days it is very hard to find a good ICO. May be one out of 100 ICO is good and rest are all scam or  made with the purpose of collecting money and do not focus on any coin development.
Helpme_please

Activity: 633

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 02:30:49 AM

Your points are pretty valid, but this mean you just need to be more peaky where you are investing. And I'm always and only buying during the pre-ico phase, avoiding those ICO's with massive pre-sale.

Of course, now in my own opinion I don't think that this is valid enough for me to quit on ICOs, there are ICOs that are reliable out there, you really just have to be picky on finding the ICO that will fit you and your standards, and I don't think that the ICO would adjust onto you, you will be the one that will have to adjust on making your investments, I hope that after what you have said and what the community has responded to you would make your mind up and go back to investing in ICOs.

ICO were good at one time but these days it is very hard to find a good ICO. May be one out of 100 ICO is good and rest are all scam or  made with the purpose of collecting money and do not focus on any coin development.
that caused by dev has no quaility to create usefull projects.most of them now developt shit projects that could not implemented in our life.in my opinion they just want to earn money from cryptocurrency by making fake ico.and personally i will not invest in this kind of projects.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 03:27:20 AM

that caused by dev has no quaility to create usefull projects.most of them now developt shit projects that could not implemented in our life.in my opinion they just want to earn money from cryptocurrency by making fake ico.and personally i will not invest in this kind of projects.

yes you got it right .  ico's nowadays are only aiming for our money and they dont give a shit  if they will deploy bad projects but as long as it can be used as a part of investment  .  just like the op , you guys might want to quit joining or investing on an ico becuase they are nott really beneficial in the long run  .  instead  you must only invest on cryptocurrency like etherium , ripple , bch becuase they are legit and built to last a life time  .
Kelvinikke

Activity: 350

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2018, 07:14:06 AM

Well you have a strong point over there and i do share with your frustration because the rise in ICOs have caused several people to lose funds. And i think this is the perfect time for us to unite and call for the regulation of ICOs so that we actually have a body which would ensure that before an ICO is launched into the cryptospace, they should have a working product and also have a legitimate team behind it.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2018, 06:55:54 PM

People usually quit things when things get useless. Similarly there are very few ICOs which are actually legit. Most of icos are just scams and that's why human lost its faith on icos. If i talk about my side i don't quit ICOs i still believe in that but we should be very careful while choosing any bounty participation or investment in ICOs. There are ICOs which are backed by good companies to expansion business and to develop better product in blockchain world. So choose wisely and carefully

sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 05:17:04 PM

It is better if you just do trading since after ICOs it is sure that the coin will dump in some reasons, maybe there is no working product yet, panic selling bounty hunters, or FUD. The profit will depend on how active the project is on post-ICO. Also the collapsing prices on market also did a part on making you quit ICO since the sudden change of price could change the plan of the team, some are delayed and some are paused. Trading is the effective way on gaining money rather than to wait several months for an ICO token that takes to to reach its initial price and some are just scammers that did their part well and take the fundraised money away with them. Just do trading dude trust me it is not complicated as it seems.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: