Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:16:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am quitting ICO's  (Read 6085 times)
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
June 22, 2020, 01:41:11 PM

I checked most of the reason you stated for stopping investing in ICO is still valid till date and things are getting even worse. Despite the fact that many ICO scam  was the reason why many investors were quitting investing into ICO, the advent of alternative which is the IEO has shown no improvement. Generally most projects find it difficult to even reach soft cap. If anyone Want to invest in any project now, I will advice to do so after the project token is listed and you see the seriousness in the development
Morenod

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
July 29, 2020, 08:13:55 PM

:)indee ICO is now too risky if there would be any chance to control it maybe this sphere would be better

nasipadang

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 30, 2020, 12:35:19 AM

I was 'unlucky' to miss out on a few ICO's besides the ones I was able to participate in. Afterwards I am glad, since I was able to pick most up at a fraction of the ICO price.

Important as ever: DYOR as not all ICO's have a genuine solution to a genuine problem. Some may seem like a fantastic solution, but often it is marketing combined with a strong team, and not so much a great working product.

And who am I? I am definitely a nobody Tongue, but still wanted to share my experiences and perhaps save people from thinking of getting on board of the next x100 ICO Smiley

p.s. when a Telegram has over 20k subscribers all screaming 'when lambo' with endless rows of animated gifs, you may also wonder if this is a serious block chain solution which will revolutionize 'x' Smiley
I'm absolutely happy, there are so many people who look at prices without thinking whether this revolution is being talked about. Whereas users used to talk about the future of blockchain technology and specifically bitcoin which became a decentralized transaction solution. In the past, ICOs offered a business based on blockchain technology in hopes of boosting the image of blockchain technology. And see now where users see prices and are more interested in great teams, without great products, treating crypto as an asset that expects profit and doesn't really care about usability.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 30, 2020, 04:40:04 AM

In fact I had bad experiences with ICO's, I bought many of it at a high price in the initial selling stage and when it was listed on the exchange after a long time it was low price and i lost a lot of money, in addition to that many of it is scam. They make big advertisements and most of the ICO's are false and I didn't make any profits from it and so I left it permanently long ago.

Yhiaali3 what you said is truth, most of the ICO's had high presale price, and at the moment when they hit exchange the price
drops in a couple of hours. I experienced 500% drops from morning until the evening. I learned to not invest in sales, it's better
to wait listing and to buy when price drops, if I really wish to invest in that project.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
yhiaali3
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1873

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2020, 06:32:39 AM

I learned to not invest in sales, it's better
to wait listing and to buy when price drops, if I really wish to invest in that project.

This is absolutely true, this is what I learned from my personal experience and I always remember it so that people pay attention not to fall into the trap of fraudulent projects.
So I would advise anyone if they want to buy ICO they should not do that before they are listed on the Exchanges and their price stabilizes.

cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
July 30, 2020, 11:12:14 AM

ICOs are red hot in 2017, which Bitcoin skyrocketed to it’s all-time highs. It was also a great year for airdrops and bounty campaigns. But for now, I honestly believe that ICOs are a thing of the past in a few years from now. In other words, they would phase out anytime soon.

As of today, IEOs and DeFi projects are taking over. To be honest, I lost more money in investing ICOs than trading, but I totally understand the risks and managing myself with it. 

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
July 30, 2020, 11:19:02 AM

In fact I had bad experiences with ICO's, I bought many of it at a high price in the initial selling stage and when it was listed on the exchange after a long time it was low price and i lost a lot of money, in addition to that many of it is scam. They make big advertisements and most of the ICO's are false and I didn't make any profits from it and so I left it permanently long ago.

Those happened because the project you invested was trash.
Good projects see a price increase or a price stability on their Initial price at least.
If the project is good and there is a development on going on the background the price is going to increase for sure.
yhiaali3
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1873

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2020, 04:42:58 PM

Good projects see a price increase or a price stability on their Initial price at least.
If the project is good and there is a development on going on the background the price is going to increase for sure.
Your words are theoretically correct, and this is what made me participate in the projects at the beginning, but in practical terms, I believe that the reality is not that, during my long follow-up to new projects, I did not see any good project !!
Can you give me an example of a good project for two years now?

imons

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2020, 05:23:36 PM

Thanks for sharing your experience. I have the same opinion about ICOs. There are so many ICOs today, despite the fact that all initial offerings are high-risky investment tools, 90% of them are scams. So it's more likely that investing in ICOs is a way of loosing your funds. Just pure statistics.
Meanwhile IEO are not that scammy at the moment, but still provide good profit for investors.
I guess ICO could be safe and profitable but only when scammers will "forget" about its existence
Morenod

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 09:40:37 AM

interesting some major coins were also ICO just let you know

Morenod

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 09:54:02 AM

it could be any price but it is just matter of trust either you trust or not

sukmo

Activity: 760
Merit: 104

Moonbet.io

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 10:57:56 AM

Ico is good to invest in if you can actually make money if those projects will be listed in those big exchange and not on etherdelta and hitbtc were most thing that happened is dump and sell out of panic.
I don't think Ico itself is bad but what is bad is our attitude towards how this market work , no one want to invest in a project because he believes in the future of those project but just to sell for profits.
That's right. The scariest problem is panic.
When one invests without thinking about the future of the project the thing we are sure to get is low market value.
Actually we are investing for the long term not for the near future by expecting a lot of profit.

chikading2016

Activity: 949
Merit: 48

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 05:39:56 PM

I think you dont need to quit because there are still ico that become succesful and profitable to thier investors, most of the ICO really become failed but there are also some ico that succesful. I think the very best that we can do is to sellect a good ico with the good product, but if you want a safe investment just invest in token that already listed on exchange and hold.

Majharul Saiif

Activity: 512
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 07:09:36 PM

Yes, those points are so useful for the newcomers who are waiting to invest in cryptocurrency or thinking to invest in ICO. The rate of successful ICO's are getting very low day by day and nowadays the rate is horrible. I am not a big investor but tried to invest sometimes but not in ICO. So OP says and pointing out the real scenarios behind it.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
raidarksword

Activity: 2044
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2021, 02:37:43 PM

A really good points for new comers in crypto that will guide them on how to invest in a good and fine way without losing huge money on fake projects and rugpull schemes. ICOs complements that IEO now wherein it is more safe to investors and it is more trusted way of conducting funds for start up projects.

Yurkov

Activity: 1463
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 06:19:08 PM

A really good points for new comers in crypto that will guide them on how to invest in a good and fine way without losing huge money on fake projects and rugpull schemes. ICOs complements that IEO now wherein it is more safe to investors and it is more trusted way of conducting funds for start up projects.

IEO is safer than ICO because exchange has to research it before accepts the project. This does not guarantee that the IEO will be successful, it does not even guarantee that it is 100% legal, but it greatly reduces the risk. STO should be registered as a company in a place where there are legal regulations, so it also significantly reduces the risk. However, scammers can register a fake comapny and it is very difficult to check.

dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1136

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 06:56:58 PM

IEO is safer than ICO because exchange has to research it before accepts the project. This does not guarantee that the IEO will be successful, it does not even guarantee that it is 100% legal, but it greatly reduces the risk. STO should be registered as a company in a place where there are legal regulations, so it also significantly reduces the risk. However, scammers can register a fake comapny and it is very difficult to check.
IEO is rather less riskier than ICO but doesnt mean that it do wipes out all of the risk that you can get on IEO thing. If we do try to look at about those kind of sale
or fund accumulation then this one is much more preferable due to direct listing or trading off once it do succeed on hitting up the cap but look at the current trend?
Where those IEO sales that we had seen in the past? It had been covered up with another hype in the market which is on that DeFi thing.
ICO projects are total shit but doesnt mean that the others were exceptional but somehow you can spot out which one is relevant and which is not on a
small number or projects compared on a flooded one that you can see on ICO.

Yurkov

Activity: 1463
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 08:22:02 PM

IEO is rather less riskier than ICO but doesnt mean that it do wipes out all of the risk that you can get on IEO thing. If we do try to look at about those kind of sale
or fund accumulation then this one is much more preferable due to direct listing or trading off once it do succeed on hitting up the cap but look at the current trend?
Where those IEO sales that we had seen in the past? It had been covered up with another hype in the market which is on that DeFi thing.
ICO projects are total shit but doesnt mean that the others were exceptional but somehow you can spot out which one is relevant and which is not on a
small number or projects compared on a flooded one that you can see on ICO.

When it comes to security and risk reduction of investments, there is no better security than your own very careful research of the project. Unfortunately, not everyone can do it, which is why when someone is not able to obtain accurate information about the project, he can use general information. The form of token sale by  IEO is a great help, because part of the verification process of the project in terms of legality is done by the exchange where the IEO will be held. Of course, usually immediately after the end of the sale token, you can trade the previously obtained tokens almost immediately on this exchange.

Princejebs

Activity: 560
Merit: 26

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 08:53:12 PM

No matter how smart and careful one is, ICO is always dangerous and it's never and option for me, I daf my hat for those who still take the risk.
If 10 project will be conducting ICO or pre-sale, only 2 will be successful, so the risk is high. Even the so called IEO, I only participate in Binance, any other options are also risky as well.
Binance and other top exchanges always prioritize their customers and they make sure their satisfaction comes first.
Amejoaquim

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 10:26:02 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2021, 01:29:29 AM by Amejoaquim

I've been quit from ICO investing since the Q4 2017.

The main reason why i quit from this because i'm getting scammed by the project i invested.
2017 is the worst year for my investment career, the only good thing i have from that year just Experience.

Many of ICO just hyping people up, collect too much money and they are so lazy to develop their project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: