Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:39:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitburner Fury - Hashrate Protection  (Read 250120 times)
fpgaminer

Activity: 560
Merit: 517

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 06:30:17 AM

Thanks - some question left for me now. You got a PSU for the boards??? I had no inside my box - ordered too a stack of 8. Hmmm - strange.
Sorry for the confusion.  I had a coupon from the burnin Avalon fiasco.  It was enough to buy a few boards, but there was still some money left over.  I used the leftover money to stock up on PSUs and Raspberry Pi's, since cryptx had those in the store.  That's why I had the word "free" in quotes.

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

Etherscan.io

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 06:41:02 AM

Cryptx:

Just received the balance of my order. Thank you.

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
juve4v

Activity: 505
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:03:14 AM

How high did anyone push their boards up so far? Also what's the maximum voltage allowed for the chips?
cryptx (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 11:06:09 AM

Update on refunds:

We will issue the 100,- Euro refund per board / 600,- Euro for 8 board unit. Refunds will be processed as soon as our PayPal account has been unblocked (currently all funds are held hostage by PayPal, even for refunds).
shade88

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 11:21:25 AM

Update on refunds:

We will issue the 100,- Euro refund per board / 600,- Euro for 8 board unit. Refunds will be processed as soon as our PayPal account has been unblocked (currently all funds are held hostage by PayPal, even for refunds).

Oh man, didn't see that one coming...
biddicoin

Activity: 1077

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 11:37:37 AM

Does that mean paypal refunds for all orders - for BTC orders too?

Regards

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
shapemaker

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 11:40:02 AM

Update on refunds:

Why anyone these days dares to use PayPal for any serious trading activity with their propensity for freezing accounts left and right for months on end, escapes me completely. If this is true, you've been huge morons to trust that shithole of a company.

Don't tell me you funneled _all_ your money to PayPal account...

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
Roy Badami

Activity: 563

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 12:07:50 PM

Does that mean paypal refunds for all orders - for BTC orders too?

Regards

Also, some of us paid by SEPA transfer.

roy
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

Etherscan.io

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 12:08:58 PM

Update on refunds:

I can understand the situation with paypal.

However, quite a few of us also paid with BTC, and these should not have been affected. Would you look into refunding those who paid in BTC ?

Cheers

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 12:27:24 PM

Update on refunds:

Why anyone these days dares to use PayPal for any serious trading activity with their propensity for freezing accounts left and right for months on end, escapes me completely. If this is true, you've been huge morons to trust that shithole of a company.

Don't tell me you funneled _all_ your money to PayPal account...

well because you get protection as a consumer, in this case people who got delayed and people who didn't get the described product or it didn't meet their expectation opened a dispute cases on their PayPal accounts to get a refund.

it is the company Fail that they got their PayPal account blocked, If they met the criteria they made their selves less people would be effected and would be happy with their service which would prevent something like that from happening.

a refund option should be available on Bitcoin network as well, it might be a bad thing for big companies that usually fulfill their commitments, but it would add more Protection to consumers, which will encourage the adoption of bitcoin and will prevent scams and douchebag companies from playing around.
cryptx (OP)

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 12:33:37 PM

it is the company Fail that they got their PayPal account blocked, If they met the criteria they made their selves less people would be effected and would be happy with their service which would prevent something like that from happening.

completely untrue.

Pre-order sales get blocked anyway, our account was blocked the minute larger sums were received.
juve4v

Activity: 505

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 01:09:19 PM

Could you transform the 100E in BTC for those who payed in BTC?
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 02:34:53 PM

completely untrue.

Pre-order sales get blocked anyway, our account was blocked the minute larger sums were received.

Ok sorry I will adjust what I said, it is the company fail to not fellow the clear PayPal terms of "no pre-orders or what so over" add to that what I just stated above, nothing personal, I kept out of this, I knew that this product with these "specifications" is not for me and I kept out, but other people decided to buy and it is your duty to deal with them.

sorry "our paypal account is blocked and we cant pay back" is not a real excuse, it is the same as if I borrow you money and you borrowed that money to your friend and when the paying date comes you tell me that you cant pay back simply because your friend didn't pay you back... simply I would reply your problem is not my problem.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 05:20:39 PM

completely untrue.

cryptx please address the refunds for people who paid with BTC and thank you for finally shipping my order and grats on being only 3 days late. I would also appreciate if you could help us by providing the best settings to use. We still don't know what parameters to use. Do we use 10 chip version or 8 chip version? Also what is the default voltage and what is considered to be the max safe voltage?

scotjam

Activity: 269

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 07:45:36 PM

completely untrue.

cryptx please address the refunds for people who paid with BTC and thank you for finally shipping my order and grats on being only 3 days late. I would also appreciate if you could help us by providing the best settings to use. We still don't know what parameters to use. Do we use 10 chip version or 8 chip version? Also what is the default voltage and what is considered to be the max safe voltage?

This is definitely one for cryptx to answer, but while we're waiting, I tried bumping my voltage higher and there is a cap on the figures cgminer will let you put in, at least in the version I'm running (1400mV if I recall correctly). I don't know if that limit was intended for these boards or for the bitburner XXs. The good news is crazy fools probably can't easily crank up the voltage so high that it will blow their boards.

scotjam
scotjam

Activity: 269

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 07:57:08 PM

We will post more info about the refund tomorrow. We've been working round the clock with priority to get all boards assembled and shipped. If you've send us an email, please allow some time for us to respond. Thank you.

Thank you for checking in cryptx - we know you are very busy, but it is reassuring even if you can stop in to make a short post every now and then.

scotjam
jlsminingcorp

Activity: 493

Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:22:27 PM

We will post more info about the refund tomorrow. We've been working round the clock with priority to get all boards assembled and shipped. If you've send us an email, please allow some time for us to respond. Thank you.

Thank you for checking in cryptx - we know you are very busy, but it is reassuring even if you can stop in to make a short post every now and then.

scotjam

Agreed, thanks for the update cryptx, that's great.

Bitcoin can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
BitFury ASIC miner hosted group buy [DONE MINING]
h@shKraker

Activity: 403

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 11:25:50 PM

Sooo .... after the last couple of days fighting with my 2 board setup (one of which experienced the dreaded USB spontaneous detachment under only the weight of the USB plug) I have decided that my two boards are hashing WAY, WAY, WAY below advertised hash rates and  surely I must have my cgminer start up line WAY WAY wrong to have this happen.  To that end here's what I'm using for my cgminer start up on my CAN-BUS connected boards ->

./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.PoolOfMyChoice.com:3339 -u worker -p password --avalon-options 115200:64:10:47:270 --bitburner-voltage 1220

In addition to this I have updated the firmware on the USB connected board to the newest firmware.  Obviously I can't update the firmware on the board with the missing USB connector.  My two boards are hashing at a combined blazing speed of 40.9 Ghash (yep .. that.s 20.45 Ghash per board Undecided ).  Do any of you see something in my cgminer starupt line that I need to change to get better hashing results?  If not I gotta say cryptx did a terrible job of telling the truth about their boards' capabilities and thus, at least in my case, did not deliver what they promised.  Many thanks in advance.

H@shKraker

Tips/Payments: 1HaZvsUjJpcAf76QWg7Muu4mnWRWCrRNMs
TXSteve

Activity: 342

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 11:38:04 PM

Sooo .... after the last couple of days fighting with my 2 board setup (one of which experienced the dreaded USB spontaneous detachment under only the weight of the USB plug) I have decided that my two boards are hashing WAY, WAY, WAY below advertised hash rates and  surely I must have my cgminer start up line WAY WAY wrong to have this happen.  To that end here's what I'm using for my cgminer start up on my CAN-BUS connected boards ->

./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.PoolOfMyChoice.com:3339 -u worker -p password --avalon-options 115200:64:10:47:270 --bitburner-voltage 1220

In addition to this I have updated the firmware on the USB connected board to the newest firmware.  Obviously I can't update the firmware on the board with the missing USB connector.  My two boards are hashing at a combined blazing speed of 40.9 Ghash (yep .. that.s 20.45 Ghash per board Undecided ).  Do any of you see something in my cgminer starupt line that I need to change to get better hashing results?  If not I gotta say cryptx did a terrible job of telling the truth about their boards' capabilities and thus, at least in my case, did not deliver what they promised.  Many thanks in advance.

H@shKraker

These are my best stable settings for 2 boards with 1 failed USB  --avalon-options 115200:32:10:d:277 --bitburner-voltage 1355 
(change 64 to 32)
I am getting steady 100ghz

I tried updatding only one board via usb but it ran stable for about 2 hours or less and had to reload the old flash file -- I don't think they changed anything between versions except filter out the hardware errors so they aren't reported on cgminer startup.  The older version actually ran cooler on the same settings

btw, I don't see any evidence that the fan varies in speed according temp. It seems to just run slow all the time

Steve
h@shKraker

Activity: 403

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 11:52:35 PM

TXSteve,

In the part that says "115200:32:10:d:277" what's the "d" do?  Also I notice you identify only 32 miners.  If two boards are CAN-BUS connected wouldn't the number of miners be 64 (i.e. 2 * the number of miner chips)?

H@shKraker

Tips/Payments: 1HaZvsUjJpcAf76QWg7Muu4mnWRWCrRNMs
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: