Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:53:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitburner Fury - Hashrate Protection  (Read 250118 times)
TXSteve

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 11:06:17 AM

hopefully burnin gets back in charge now

This is really quite amusing now, we can either have 50% of our funds stolen, or accept a device that will likely never give a ROI, and in fact its actually out of stock! haha

Or you can cancel your order, and get your money back (Paypal if you used that).
And then either go after Burnin for the rest of your money in a small claims court, or wait a little while and let things settle, and see if burnin sells directly at a lower price.

Isn't today the day CryptX loose exclusivity?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

Etherscan.io

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:18:05 PM

Anyone got lucky with a response from Cryptx for the missing/remaining shipments ?

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

Etherscan.io

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:19:45 PM

Anybody is using minepeon with the bitburner fury???

I was able to get it to run with the correct settings (you have to add the additional options in) but If I recall correctly the voltage settings would not stick so overclocking would be an issue

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
scotjam

Activity: 269

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 05:54:57 PM

UPDATE 16/09/2013

Hashrate protection

These refunds will be given when the tested hashrate of the board is below 64 GH/s:

• 100€ refund for each board

cryptx / burnin

Congratulations for the on-time delivery of a working product (which is not something to be underestimated!!); this cements your reputation for delivery of products on time.

However, please could you provide a refund of €100, or instructions on how to get the hashrate from ~50GH/s to >= 64GH/s asap?

Thanks very much

scotjam

Gents - when will refunds be provided? Sorry to chase, but we all know time is money here...

Thanks

scotjam

I want to know this too

cryptx, burnin,

Further to my email, I'm sorry that I have to keep harping on about this, but we have still heard nothing. There was no ambiguity here - if the boards didn't perform (> 64GH/s), we are owed a refund. And they didn't perform.

A lot of the posts in this thread are a bit off topic, but this is the hashrate protection thread, and we are due to receive our hashrate protection compensation. We won't just forget about it.

This is not something that takes a lot of time / work to provide. Unlike designing, building and shipping boards, all that is required here is for one of your staff to send refunds of €100 per board refund to each customer who has requested one. I'm not sure how many customers you have, but I suspect it could be completed in a few hours (or maybe a day or so if you have a lot of customers).

Thanks

scotjam
shapemaker

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 06:32:14 PM

This is not something that takes a lot of time / work to provide. Unlike designing, building and shipping boards, all that is required here is for one of your staff to send refunds of €100 per board refund to each customer who has requested one. I'm not sure how many customers you have, but I suspect it could be completed in a few hours (or maybe a day or so if you have a lot of customers).

It should be a relatively quick job, sure. That is, unless the intention was to never actually give any refund. Maybe that was just a ploy to get more sales... "look, we're so sure of the performance, here's a guarantee! buy buy buy!"

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
juve4v

Activity: 505
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 06:38:04 PM

Well, I just wrote and email to Crptx asking for the necessary steps to get the 100 E hasrate protection back.
solosequenosenada

Activity: 952
Merit: 542

Freedom dies from suicide

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 07:41:31 PM

UPDATE 16/09/2013

Hashrate protection

These refunds will be given when the tested hashrate of the board is below 64 GH/s:

• 100€ refund for each board

cryptx / burnin

Congratulations for the on-time delivery of a working product (which is not something to be underestimated!!); this cements your reputation for delivery of products on time.

However, please could you provide a refund of €100, or instructions on how to get the hashrate from ~50GH/s to >= 64GH/s asap?

Thanks very much

scotjam

Gents - when will refunds be provided? Sorry to chase, but we all know time is money here...

Thanks

scotjam

I want to know this too

cryptx, burnin,

Further to my email, I'm sorry that I have to keep harping on about this, but we have still heard nothing. There was no ambiguity here - if the boards didn't perform (> 64GH/s), we are owed a refund. And they didn't perform.

A lot of the posts in this thread are a bit off topic, but this is the hashrate protection thread, and we are due to receive our hashrate protection compensation. We won't just forget about it.

Thanks

scotjam

+1  Cry
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 07:42:04 PM

So do we know what are the best settings to use?

cryptx (OP)

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 08:27:39 PM

We will post more info about the refund tomorrow. We've been working round the clock with priority to get all boards assembled and shipped. If you've send us an email, please allow some time for us to respond. Thank you.
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 08:33:00 PM

We will post more info about the refund tomorrow. We've been working round the clock with priority to get all boards assembled and shipped. If you've send us an email, please allow some time for us to respond. Thank you.

Finally some words. Thank you too!

Roy Badami

Activity: 563

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 08:55:32 PM

This is really quite amusing now, we can either have 50% of our funds stolen, or accept a device that will likely never give a ROI, and in fact its actually out of stock! haha

Or you can cancel your order, and get your money back (Paypal if you used that).
And then either go after Burnin for the rest of your money in a small claims court, or wait a little while and let things settle, and see if burnin sells directly at a lower price.

Isn't today the day CryptX loose exclusivity?

What, you're planning to sue burnin for failing to honour the original terms of Bitburner assembly service (which was that the service was not refundable)?   He really should have just sent boards without chips to all those who failed to send him chips as agreed....  It saddens me that burnin offers more than he is contractually obliged to offer, and all he gets in return is threats of lawsuits...

roy
FlappySocks

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 08:58:36 PM

What, you're planning to sue burnin for failing to honour the original terms of Bitburner assembly service (which was that the service was not refundable)?   He really should have just sent boards without chips to all those who failed to send him chips as agreed....  It saddens me that burnin offers more than he is contractually obliged to offer, and all he gets in return is threats of lawsuits...

roy

How else do I get my 50% back when burnin is not talking to anyone?
Roy Badami

Activity: 563

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 09:27:59 PM

roy

How else do I get my 50% back when burnin is not talking to anyone?

The way I saw it, the 50% refund was a goodwill gesture on the part of burnin, not something you are contractually entitled to.   Anyway, pretty sure burnin posted a while back saying he's lost 20,000 Euros on the Avalon boards so far, and that he has no money to refund right now.... but that he does still intend to refund people....

FlappySocks

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 09:36:41 PM

The way I saw it, the 50% refund was a goodwill gesture on the part of burnin, not something you are contractually entitled to.

Even the cost of shipping & packaging?

Anyway, pretty sure burnin posted a while back saying he's lost 20,000 Euros on the Avalon boards so far, and that he has no money to refund right now.... but that he does still intend to refund people....

Actually, what he said was we can have 50% now, or ~75% later.  Neither of which have materialised.

So what do I do now?  Nobody is talking.  Do I just forget about it? 
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 09:46:23 PM

The way I saw it, the 50% refund was a goodwill gesture on the part of burnin, not something you are contractually entitled to.

Even the cost of shipping & packaging?

Anyway, pretty sure burnin posted a while back saying he's lost 20,000 Euros on the Avalon boards so far, and that he has no money to refund right now.... but that he does still intend to refund people....

Actually, what he said was we can have 50% now, or ~75% later.  Neither of which have materialised.

I think burnin might need a little bit more time for refunds. It seems cryptx hasn't paid him a dime from his overpriced low quality boards: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179769.msg3342646#msg3342646

FlappySocks

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 09:52:18 PM

I think burnin might need a little bit more time for refunds. It seems cryptx hasn't paid him a dime from his overpriced low quality boards: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179769.msg3342646#msg3342646

Thanks, I had not seen that.
mikep2012

Activity: 362

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 10:01:45 PM

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
   ██████ ▄████▀  ▄███████
  ████████████   ██████████
 ▐██████████▀  ▄███████████▌
 ██████████   █████▀████████
 ████████▀  ▄████▀  ███████▌
  ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
   ████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
    ▀████████▄  ▄███████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
   ██████ ▄████▀  ▄███████
   ████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
    ▀████████▄  ▄███████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬
BOUNTY
TWITTER
▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK
SLACK
▬▬▬▬
TELEGRAM
MEDIUM
▬▬▬▬
LINKEDIN
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
   ██████ ▄████▀  ▄███████
   ████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
    ▀████████▄  ▄███████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
fpgaminer

Activity: 560
Merit: 517

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 02:23:02 AM

Finally got my order on Monday.  It's all set up and hashing.  Funnily enough, I harvested the TP-Link router from an Avalon unit to give the Pi running my Fury boards a wifi bridge Tongue

Pros:
  • The board design is sexy.
  • All the boards are running solid so far.
  • Got a bunch of extra PSUs and Pi's for "free" (leftovers from the burnin coupon).
  • The heatsinks are heavy enough to be used as a home defense weapon.
  • cgminer is awesome.
  • The boards fit together into a tower rig very nicely.  Again, great board design.
  • Had a bunch of fun getting them set up.

Cons:
  • Delivered middle of October, instead of early October.
  • Missing 2 necessary jumpers.
  • Missing 4 stand-offs; had to hack one of the fans on.
  • None of the boards perform near 64GH/s.  Why cryptx even promised 64GH/s using 16 bitfury is beyond me, let alone 80.  The bitfury chips can't go up to 5GH/s; there's a flaw in their design that prevents it, so 80 GH/s per board is improbable.  64GH/s per board would be about as lucky as finding a four leaf clover.
  • Paranoid the USB connectors were going to pop off the entire time I was putting the rig together.
  • The through-hole soldering on all of the boards is horrifically bad.  Nasty globs of solder, cold joints, flux residue splattered everywhere, etc.  I cannot fathom even a novice could do this bad a job at soldering.  The SMD work is fine; it's just everything that was hand soldered looks like hell.
  • Poor public communication from cryptx.  Not terrible, but not great.

Overall, I'm pretty neutral about the experience.  I knew going in there would be lots of problems, but in my situation the refund was about the same as I was going to see as ROI on these boards so I preferred to get hardware.

shade88

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 04:28:19 AM

Overall, I'm pretty neutral about the experience.  I knew going in there would be lots of problems, but in my situation the refund was about the same as I was going to see as ROI on these boards so I preferred to get hardware.

Correct, it's all about expectation and research before ordering. They're small operation so I expect some delay. I know there is no way the board can reach 64GH/s so ~50GH/s is quite good for me.

Where else can you get ~400GH/s for ~5000 euro on 15th Sept 2013 with Oct delivery?
Min€r

Activity: 359

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 05:31:39 AM

Finally got my order on Monday.  It's all set up and hashing.  Funnily enough, I harvested the TP-Link router from an Avalon unit to give the Pi running my Fury boards a wifi bridge Tongue

Pros:
  • The board design is sexy.
  • All the boards are running solid so far.
  • Got a bunch of extra PSUs and Pi's for "free" (leftovers from the burnin coupon).
  • The heatsinks are heavy enough to be used as a home defense weapon.
  • cgminer is awesome.
  • The boards fit together into a tower rig very nicely.  Again, great board design.
  • Had a bunch of fun getting them set up.

Cons:
  • Delivered middle of October, instead of early October.
  • Missing 2 necessary jumpers.
  • Missing 4 stand-offs; had to hack one of the fans on.
  • None of the boards perform near 64GH/s.  Why cryptx even promised 64GH/s using 16 bitfury is beyond me, let alone 80.  The bitfury chips can't go up to 5GH/s; there's a flaw in their design that prevents it, so 80 GH/s per board is improbable.  64GH/s per board would be about as lucky as finding a four leaf clover.
  • Paranoid the USB connectors were going to pop off the entire time I was putting the rig together.
  • The through-hole soldering on all of the boards is horrifically bad.  Nasty globs of solder, cold joints, flux residue splattered everywhere, etc.  I cannot fathom even a novice could do this bad a job at soldering.  The SMD work is fine; it's just everything that was hand soldered looks like hell.
  • Poor public communication from cryptx.  Not terrible, but not great.

Thanks - some question left for me now. You got a PSU for the boards??? I had no inside my box - ordered too a stack of 8. Hmmm - strange.

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: