Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:54:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitburner Fury - Hashrate Protection  (Read 250118 times)
gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 03:37:18 PM

The board connected via USB connector is working (all 3 LEDs flashing), board 2 (broken USB) only flashing the green and orange LED. After ~1min on the 2nd board I get a solid red LED, board #1 is hashing normal.

Try lowering the voltage, from my 8 boards I may have one or two that could reach 1300 (very difficult to test with broken USB connectors and all boards on the same bus sharing the same settings). I have at least 3 boards that don't reach 1220.

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
h@shKraker

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 03:39:55 PM

mikep2012,

I say send someone with a thick neck and menacing tattoos  Shocked .

H@shKraker

Tips/Payments: 1HaZvsUjJpcAf76QWg7Muu4mnWRWCrRNMs
gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 03:40:13 PM

paul3,

I got an email reply from Joeri at cryptx.com and said person indicated you only want the jumpers on the board that is furthest away from the USB connected board (to TERMINATE the CAN-BUS).  IOW you only want the J7 and J8 jumpers on the LAST CAN-BUS connected board but not on the others.  On another note even when I did this I still get the same behavior you've described along with a WAY LOWER than advertised hash rate.  Thank goodness for AmEx charge disputes.

H@shKraker

Could the position of the USB connected board matter?
Should it always be on one end of the bus for optimal behavior or can it be in any position?

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
shapemaker

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 03:48:17 PM

I got an email reply from Joeri at cryptx.com and said person indicated you only want the jumpers on the board that is furthest away from the USB connected board (to TERMINATE the CAN-BUS).  IOW you only want the J7 and J8 jumpers on the LAST CAN-BUS connected board but not on the others.

That person isn't correct. You need terminators at both ends of the CAN bus. From http://www.ni.com/white-paper/9759/en/:

For high-speed CAN, both ends of the pair of signal wires (CAN_H and CAN_L) must be terminated. This is because communication flows both ways on the CAN bus.
For low-speed/fault-tolerant CAN, each device on the network needs a termination resistor for each data line: R(RTH) for CAN_H and R(RTL) for CAN_L. Unlike the high-speed CAN termination, low-speed CAN requires the termination to be on the transceiver rather than on the cable.

The CAN "flavour" in use here is most likely a high-speed CAN, so terminators are needed at both ends. Take note that the jumpers aren't the terminators itself, but they connect an inline resistor, aka. terminator, which are on the boards already.

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
kernel_panic

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 03:58:23 PM

i would ask all people which are having problems with usb connector and low speed and payed via paypal to start a claim - so paypal will see that it is a mass-problem and not an single issue i produced. i got an answer on my paypal claim: cryptx writes that i want a complete refund because the market grows to fast and i didnt get ROI. but no word to the usb problem also no word about 100€ refund.
great.
what's the first step ?
shapemaker

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:01:07 PM

i would ask all people which are having problems with usb connector and low speed and payed via paypal to start a claim - so paypal will see that it is a mass-problem and not an single issue i produced. i got an answer on my paypal claim: cryptx writes that i want a complete refund because the market grows to fast and i didnt get ROI. but no word to the usb problem also no word about 100€ refund.
great.
what's the first step ?

Open https://www.paypal.com/ in your browser... Wink

kernel_panic

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:04:19 PM

great.
what's the first step ?

Open https://www.paypal.com/ in your browser... Wink

check  Grin

I just thought that the claim vs disputing a transaction are different matters, actually.
By the way thanks for the advice on soldering the usb port Wink
h@shKraker

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:51:11 PM

Score one for shapemaker.  It looks like we have another example of someone at cryptx not knowing their hardware.

-H

shapemaker

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 05:02:25 PM

By the way thanks for the advice on soldering the usb port Wink

You're welcome! It's just a quick hack job, really, to keep the thing from falling apart. I was just lucky to receive boards which didn't need actual trace soldering/repair (which is hard-ish at this pitch).

The most important thing (which the shop that handled the cryptx manufacturing has missed) is to keep the board at elevated temperature (near solder melting temperature, really) to avoid the solder just balling up and not flowing to the nooks and crannies it's supposed to go to. If the board conducts heat quickly and is cold, the solder will harden before setting well and you get cold joints, which are very apparent in the build "quality" of these boards. An amateurish mistake, or cheap labour... take your pick.

Roy Badami

Activity: 563
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 06:02:20 PM

I got an email reply from Joeri at cryptx.com and said person indicated you only want the jumpers on the board that is furthest away from the USB connected board (to TERMINATE the CAN-BUS).  IOW you only want the J7 and J8 jumpers on the LAST CAN-BUS connected board but not on the others.

That person isn't correct. You need terminators at both ends of the CAN bus. From http://www.ni.com/white-paper/9759/en/:

For high-speed CAN, both ends of the pair of signal wires (CAN_H and CAN_L) must be terminated. This is because communication flows both ways on the CAN bus.
For low-speed/fault-tolerant CAN, each device on the network needs a termination resistor for each data line: R(RTH) for CAN_H and R(RTL) for CAN_L. Unlike the high-speed CAN termination, low-speed CAN requires the termination to be on the transceiver rather than on the cable.

The CAN "flavour" in use here is most likely a high-speed CAN, so terminators are needed at both ends. Take note that the jumpers aren't the terminators itself, but they connect an inline resistor, aka. terminator, which are on the boards already.

Seconded.  burnin has always said you needed terminators at both ends of the CAN-BUS on the Bitburner XX, so I'd be astonished if the Bitburner Fury is any different.  In general terminating only one end of a bus makes no sense (although some low speed buses do allow you to fudge it and put both terminations in the same place if the bus is short enough - effectively allowing you to terminate just one end with restistors of half the value).

If the people at CryptX are confused that would explain why only one of my two boards shipped with terminators attached.  I imagine there must have been some confusion as to what the 'end of the bus' means.  To anyone who understands hardware, a bus has two ends.  To someone who doesn't, perhaps they think a bus has a beginning and an end :-)
Picmin

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 07:54:43 PM

3.6.1 already!

And doesn't magically improve the hashrate of bitburner fury boards   Undecided

h@shKraker

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:52:50 PM

Roy Badami,

That last paragraph you typed were my sentiments as well.  However, I wanted to share EXACTLY what I was told by Joeri at cryptx.  Even when I mentioned to him/her in a response the thoughts about a bus needing termination at both ends he/she still said only at the end furthest away from the USB connected device.  I thought it was odd BUT hey .... it's their device so I didn't want to argue (since I was trying to get help).

H@shKraker

mikep2012

Activity: 362

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 07:26:27 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2013, 08:10:57 AM by mikep2012

already week 3 of October - and i didnt got shit  Shocked
.. its really a "pleasure" doing business with such people.

any fedex trackings/boards received yesterday?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
   ██████ ▄████▀  ▄███████
  ████████████   ██████████
 ▐██████████▀  ▄███████████▌
 ██████████   █████▀████████
 ████████▀  ▄████▀  ███████▌
  ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
   ████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
    ▀████████▄  ▄███████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
   ██████ ▄████▀  ▄███████
   ████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
    ▀████████▄  ▄███████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬
BOUNTY
TWITTER
▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK
SLACK
▬▬▬▬
TELEGRAM
MEDIUM
▬▬▬▬
LINKEDIN
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
   ██████ ▄████▀  ▄███████
   ████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
    ▀████████▄  ▄███████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
paul3

Activity: 99
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 07:58:14 AM

Try lowering the voltage, from my 8 boards I may have one or two that could reach 1300 (very difficult to test with broken USB connectors and all boards on the same bus sharing the same settings). I have at least 3 boards that don't reach 1220.

I did a test with 1220 and below, still the same behavior.
juve4v

Activity: 505

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 08:55:50 AM

Mine just arrived: original firmware + cgminer 3.6.1 :

What's the highest freq/V anyone tested so far ?
Min€r

Activity: 359

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 09:17:18 AM

already week 3 of October - and i didnt got shit  Shocked
.. its really a "pleasure" doing business with such people.

any fedex trackings/boards received yesterday?

Yes mine - I paid for first week delievery & it was shipped on 10th - new tracking number so I wasn`t able to know it thats in transit. What a bad job CryptX & Burnin did. It seems that the USB is really poor soldered, but till now nothing broke. I am getting about 380GH with 8 boards so it`s the next shit provided by these guys - will too open a paypal case for it. In general it`s a big fraud and hopefully some people will take legal actions.... Next thing is that somehow boards are stopping regulary (nearly every 5-10h) & can`t find the solution till now - on some starts there are massive USB errors what end in an crash of cgminer.

Anybody having this problems too?

What`s again (not) funny that the settings for 8 boards are not working - you will need the settings for 4 boards & cgminer will recognize boards correct.... but far away from the promised hashrate. When using settings for 8 - same USB errors are coming up as happening on some fresh starts of raspberry pi & 8x bitburner fury connected via CAN bus cable.

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b
Min€r

Activity: 359

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 09:19:42 AM

Anybody is using minepeon with the bitburner fury???

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b
shapemaker

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 09:30:37 AM

It seems that the USB is really poor soldered, but till now nothing broke. I am getting about 380GH with 8 boards .... Next thing is that somehow boards are stopping regulary (nearly every 5-10h) & can`t find the solution till now - on some starts there are massive USB errors what end in an crash of cgminer.

I noticed the bad soldering quality as well, as I've mentioned earlier. Not good for a 700 euro product - also the hashrate is far from promised. My stack of 4 boards has luckily been stable once I've got it running. Might help that I'm feeding it cool air to begin with (~5 deg C), so board temps are sub-50. If you get USB errors on starting, turn off power for the whole stack for 10 seconds, then power them back on. That gets mine running after the USB errors.

What`s again (not) funny that the settings for 8 boards are not working - you will need the settings for 4 boards & cgminer will recognize boards correct.... but far away from the promised hashrate. When using settings for 8 - same USB errors are coming up as happening on some fresh starts of raspberry pi & 8x bitburner fury connected via CAN bus cable.

Sometimes it happens that from the full stack only the single board that is connected by USB starts hashing, and the rest of the boards don't do a thing, even though the yellow comms led blinks every now and then. I have to power cycle the whole stack when that happens. Looks like firmware error - maybe the "controlling" board doesn't detect the rest on CAN bus correctly or something.

jlsminingcorp

Activity: 493

Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 10:18:02 AM

I noticed the bad soldering quality as well, as I've mentioned earlier. Not good for a 700 euro product - also the hashrate is far from promised. My stack of 4 boards has luckily been stable once I've got it running. Might help that I'm feeding it cool air to begin with (~5 deg C), so board temps are sub-50. If you get USB errors on starting, turn off power for the whole stack for 10 seconds, then power them back on. That gets mine running after the USB errors.

Interestingly, we have a single board running at around 48 oC (readout from cgminer not an external thermometer) without feeding in cool air (air temp ~18-20 oC). It's in a box with a bunch of fairly high power 140mm fans, which may help, but we're not controlling the air temp. Board temp readings didn't seem to change much for me whatever clock + voltage settings were used (max ~ 51 oC). Is it overheating that causes these USB errors or something else?

I had to re-flash the firmware yesterday to get rid of the dreaded "usb_write error on avalon_write" error. Simply power cycling the board didn't help Sad.

Bitcoin can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
BitFury ASIC miner hosted group buy [DONE MINING]
FlappySocks

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 10:51:20 AM

This is really quite amusing now, we can either have 50% of our funds stolen, or accept a device that will likely never give a ROI, and in fact its actually out of stock! haha

Or you can cancel your order, and get your money back (Paypal if you used that).
And then either go after Burnin for the rest of your money in a small claims court, or wait a little while and let things settle, and see if burnin sells directly at a lower price.

Isn't today the day CryptX loose exclusivity?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: