Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:23:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitburner Fury - Hashrate Protection  (Read 250120 times)
Japs2013

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 07:57:12 PM

Would it be possible to make it listen to "--bitburner-fury-options" instead of the --avalon-options parameter? That would make it possible to run both Bitburner XX and Bitburner Fury devices in 1 CGminer window.

I think you have to contact Kano or SomeOne42 - should be makeable I think. Just saw there is a new firmware what displays the fury different than the avalon.

I think it should be easy enough.  I was planning to submit a patch to do that but won't have time to work on it until the weekend so if someone else (or even someone42 else Smiley has time to do it before me...

roy

Just to prevent double work Wink I've also posted the question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.msg3357797#msg3357797

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Roy Badami

Activity: 563
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:14:35 PM

Would it be possible to make it listen to "--bitburner-fury-options" instead of the --avalon-options parameter? That would make it possible to run both Bitburner XX and Bitburner Fury devices in 1 CGminer window.

I think you have to contact Kano or SomeOne42 - should be makeable I think. Just saw there is a new firmware what displays the fury different than the avalon.

I think it should be easy enough.  I was planning to submit a patch to do that but won't have time to work on it until the weekend so if someone else (or even someone42 else Smiley has time to do it before me...

roy

Just to prevent double work Wink I've also posted the question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.msg3357797#msg3357797

Well, when I get my XX boards set up and my Fury boards reflashed then either there'll be something already there I can download - or I'll have the incentive to do the work so I can mine with my XX boards :-)  I'll be perfectly happy if someone else works on this, since I'm not giving any guarantees I'll work on this this weekend

-roy

ETA: But I have to pluck up the courage to do the reflashing - and that means plugging in another USB cable, which is kinda scary from what I've read here Smiley

mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:25:47 PM

Is there a way to recover from the dreaded "usb_write error on avalon_write" error without power cycling the miner?

I'm getting it now and I'm not at home to power cycle it. No matter how many times I reboot my pi or restart cgminer seems to fix it.

+1 fixing this would be great! Smiley This already drove me this angry that I've put the device for sale... However, after seeing the bids I don't think I will sell the device Wink

+2 . Would like to upvote this. Running on a PI and then doing a sudo reboot. The only way to get it back is to power cycle the boards

The ironic thing is I had a WeMo attached to it so I could reboot it remotely. But then I noticed my raspberry pi was crashing from time to time (I'm not sure why, my other pis never crash) so I moved the WeMo to the pi. Within an hour the BitBurner had crashed! I didn't have the time to run home yet again to reboot it so it's going to have to wait till after work now. I'll probably lose a quarter of a bitcoin because of it Sad. Fortunately I have another WeMo, so WeMos are going on both the pi and the miner now.
jlsminingcorp

Activity: 493

Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:52:31 PM

Is there a way to recover from the dreaded "usb_write error on avalon_write" error without power cycling the miner?

I'm getting it now and I'm not at home to power cycle it. No matter how many times I reboot my pi or restart cgminer seems to fix it.

+1 fixing this would be great! Smiley This already drove me this angry that I've put the device for sale... However, after seeing the bids I don't think I will sell the device Wink

+2 . Would like to upvote this. Running on a PI and then doing a sudo reboot. The only way to get it back is to power cycle the boards

The ironic thing is I had a WeMo attached to it so I could reboot it remotely. But then I noticed my raspberry pi was crashing from time to time (I'm not sure why, my other pis never crash) so I moved the WeMo to the pi. Within an hour the BitBurner had crashed! I didn't have the time to run home yet again to reboot it so it's going to have to wait till after work now. I'll probably lose a quarter of a bitcoin because of it Sad. Fortunately I have another WeMo, so WeMos are going on both the pi and the miner now.

Has anybody else found that recovering after the "usb_write error on avalon_write" error by power cycling the board leaves it in a rather unstable state and likely to give the same error again fairly soon afterwards? This has happened to me a couple of times and only re-flashing the firmware resulted in a stable system (could be coincidence of course) - does this error have anything to do with (or potentially cause) firmware corruption?

I think somebody mentioned in an earlier post that the fan control on the boards is a bit conservative and the fans on these things run pretty slow most of the time. My experience is that it's definitely worth plugging the fan directly into a 12V supply (using a molex adaptor etc.) It's a bit noisier, but my board temp went down by nearly 10 oC and so far its been stable like this - fingers crossed it stays this way! Is there any chance that the "usb_write error on avalon_write" error is related to one of the components overheating?

Bitcoin can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
BitFury ASIC miner hosted group buy [DONE MINING]
Roy Badami

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:58:31 PM

[I think somebody mentioned in an earlier post that the fan control on the boards is a bit conservative and the fans on these things run pretty slow most of the time. My experience is that it's definitely worth plugging the fan directly into a 12V supply (using a molex adaptor etc.) It's a bit noisier, but my board temp went down by nearly 10 oC and so far its been stable like this - fingers crossed it stays this way! Is there any chance that the "usb_write error on avalon_write" error is related to one of the components overheating?

I assumed the fan is controlled by cgminer, like on the real Avalon rigs.  So if you want the fan to run faster, either set the target temperature lower (e.g. --avalon-temp 40) - but note that it will take longer to cool down again to the target temperature if the unit shuts down due to overheat.

Or alternatively just force the fan to full speed (i.e. --avalon-fan 100)

roy

ETA: Or perhaps it was just my imagination that these made any difference.... and it is all controlled by the firmware?

In any case, I'm hashing fine without either of the above options.  My boards usually run about 56-58C, so I've increased the shutdown temperature slightly from 60C to 62C to avoid the very occasional accidental shutdown....  Obviously increasing that is risky so you do this at your own risk.
Picmin

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:05:05 PM

I think it should be easy enough.  I was planning to submit a patch to do that but won't have time to work on it until the weekend so if someone else (or even someone42 else Smiley has time to do it before me...

roy

There is more than 2 parameters for the avalon driver... How do you do if you want different fan speeds and so on ?
So you should duplicate every parameter with 'bitfury' and make a 2 in 1 driver  Roll Eyes

Or create a new BBF (avalon base) driver ...  Grin
Roy Badami

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:10:31 PM

There is more than 2 parameters for the avalon driver... How do you do if you want different fan speeds and so on ?
So you should duplicate every parameter with 'bitfury' and make a 2 in 1 driver  Roll Eyes

Are there other parameters many people really care about?

roy
Picmin

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:18:45 PM

Are there other parameters many people really care about?

roy

--avalon-cutoff <arg> Set avalon overheat cut off temperature (default: 60)
--avalon-fan <arg> Set fanspeed percentage for avalon, single value or range (default: 20-100)
--avalon-options <arg> Set avalon options baud:miners:asic:timeout:freq
--avalon-temp <arg> Set avalon target temperature (default: 50)

I don't care , i don't have other avalon hardware  Cheesy

But i you want control BBT and BBF on the same cgminer it make sense  Wink
Roy Badami

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 10:21:40 PM

I don't care

I know the parameters - I asked whether anyone cared.  It appears you don't :-)
hephaist0s

Activity: 711
Merit: 532

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 10:55:56 PM

I've been trying to follow this thread, but may have missed this: Has anyone found the best/cheapest place to order the standoffs to prop these things off the ground, like in the pics?

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
fhh
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 07:00:12 AM

tried a lot of configurations but only getting around 19 GH/Sec out of my fury Sad
that sucks!

Deutsche Bitcoinbörse: https://www.bitcoin.de/r/yyfrkv
das passende Konto gibts bei der fidor Bank https://banking.fidor.de/registrierung?ibid=43076568
mikep2012

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 07:51:48 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2013, 08:35:06 AM by mikep2012

edited: fedex guy just came - though didnt had any tracking in my mail

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
   ██████ ▄████▀  ▄███████
  ████████████   ██████████
 ▐██████████▀  ▄███████████▌
 ██████████   █████▀████████
 ████████▀  ▄████▀  ███████▌
  ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
   ████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
    ▀████████▄  ▄███████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
   ██████ ▄████▀  ▄███████
   ████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
    ▀████████▄  ▄███████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬
BOUNTY
TWITTER
▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK
SLACK
▬▬▬▬
TELEGRAM
MEDIUM
▬▬▬▬
LINKEDIN
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
   ██████ ▄████▀  ▄███████
   ████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
    ▀████████▄  ▄███████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
shade88

Activity: 119

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 07:58:36 AM

tried a lot of configurations but only getting around 19 GH/Sec out of my fury Sad
that sucks!

How many idled miner when you first start your cgminer? My 4 boards perform badly when there is only 33 idled miners from 64 miners that I specify on avalon options. Have to restart the board again to get it back to 64 miners.
fhh
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 10:58:10 AM

that sucks!

How many idled miner when you first start your cgminer? My 4 boards perform badly when there is only 33 idled miners from 64 miners that I specify on avalon options. Have to restart the board again to get it back to 64 miners.

I get: BTB0: Idling 32 miners with 1 board - that seems OK

Deutsche Bitcoinbörse: https://www.bitcoin.de/r/yyfrkv
das passende Konto gibts bei der fidor Bank https://banking.fidor.de/registrierung?ibid=43076568
someone42

Activity: 78

Chris Chua

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 04:03:00 PM

For those who are getting "usb_write" errors and are unable to power cycle the boards, here is some firmware:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9zhnm86uuzcn05/bitburner-fury-firmware_1.2.6.hex (BTB identifier, for cgminer < 3.6.0)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l87xnp5mdfg6f8y/bitburner-fury-firmware_1.2.6_BBF.hex (BBF identifier, for cgminer >= 3.6.0)

This adds a soft watchdog which will auto-reset the microcontroller if the main thread blocks. This doesn't fix the cause of the usb_write errors (I'm still working on that), but it means that if they do occur, your boards won't sit there doing nothing.
jlsminingcorp

Activity: 493

Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 04:08:00 PM

For those who are getting "usb_write" errors and are unable to power cycle the boards, here is some firmware:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9zhnm86uuzcn05/bitburner-fury-firmware_1.2.6.hex (BTB identifier, for cgminer < 3.6.0)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l87xnp5mdfg6f8y/bitburner-fury-firmware_1.2.6_BBF.hex (BBF identifier, for cgminer >= 3.6.0)

This adds a soft watchdog which will auto-reset the microcontroller if the main thread blocks. This doesn't fix the cause of the usb_write errors (I'm still working on that), but it means that if they do occur, your boards won't sit there doing nothing.

Thanks someone42, that's great. Do you have a feeling for why we're seeing these errors? I've not had a problem since connecting the fan directly to a 12V supply, which cools the board a lot more effectively. This may be a coincidence, but is the usb_write error potentially due to overheating or is it completely unrelated?

Bitcoin can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
BitFury ASIC miner hosted group buy [DONE MINING]
Toolhead

Activity: 178
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 04:10:31 PM

Hello,

I can`t flash my Fury Burners. Yesterday I´ve got one flashed, but today the other Bitburner Furies aren`t recognized in PIC32 Bootloader.

I see the Bootloader in the Zadig driver tool (before it becomes Bitburner), which has the same USB ID as in PIC32.

But I can`t connect with PIC32, because the USB ID isn`t found.

I´m using Windows 7. Perhaps I`m using the wrong USB driver (WinUSB). Does anybody have a clue?
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 07:25:50 PM

Hello,

I can`t flash my Fury Burners. Yesterday I´ve got one flashed, but today the other Bitburner Furies aren`t recognized in PIC32 Bootloader.

I see the Bootloader in the Zadig driver tool (before it becomes Bitburner), which has the same USB ID as in PIC32.

But I can`t connect with PIC32, because the USB ID isn`t found.

I´m using Windows 7. Perhaps I`m using the wrong USB driver (WinUSB). Does anybody have a clue?

Just received my boards and i have the same problem. I can't see the boards in PIC32. I get this error: USB Device with VID=0x4D8 and PID=0x3C is not found. Tried reinstalling zadig drives and same thing. Suggestions?

zulover

Activity: 583

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 07:28:46 PM

Restart pc , it shd help and cgminer 3.5.1. At least
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 07:43:49 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2013, 08:34:42 PM by RoadStress

Restart pc , it shd help and cgminer 3.5.1. At least

Did restart. Nothing. Switched USB ports. And cgminer isn't helping me at all since i can't flash the boards.

Edit: What are the default settings. Maybe they will work with the original firmware.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: