Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 03:43:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Active Mining] The UNofficial Active Mining Discussion Thread [UNmoderated]  (Read 75847 times)
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:59:36 PM

Sad
(Yeah, failure doesn't make me happy!)

By the way my early skepticism was on eASIC, and I think it's still very well possible they are at fault (unless they are on track but their actual delivery date was never disclosed because "NDA"!). The issue is that the "fast turnaround" was never defined, especially since what is "fast" for Seagate isn't "bitcoin fast". Otherwise, what could it be, the hardware around the chips? There should be more info by now on that too.
Perhaps it's my biases against relying on external companies (based mostly on my little experience) for the core of your project but I think it going against getting on time.

I made a model of various outcomes for ActiveMining and discovered that the turnaround time is the most important aspect for us. I was obviously not as intuitive as you because we both came to the same conclusion except I had to build an entire model in Matlab to do so.

Anyway, my model shows that a turnaround time of 4 weeks gives us the ability to compound our hashrate against the network increases and increase our share of the pie.

Any longer than 4 weeks and reinvestment has to go above 80% just to maintain hashrate for a few months. That turnaround time is so important, but I can see no way of getting any information about it. I wonder if eASIC would talk to a "reporter" about that?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 06:32:31 PM

Crumbs, iCE and Pankkake. I think it's time to wind down this thread, you guys won and we have lost our investment.

The following factors lead me to believe that ActiveMining is probably over:

- Our competitors sold more hardware in one day than we have ever "sold*".
- *Well we have never shipped anything with our own chip anyway.
- We are now waiting on a physics defying program that makes mining machines faster as the global hashrate increases. This makes no sense and English is Ken's first language so he has no excuse for that Intellihash rubbish.
- We are mining 2 TH/s into December.
- I know believe the extra 1TH/s came from cex.io or a undisclosed Klondike/Avalon miner.
- Ken was very confident he would be able to ship 100TH/s+ by the end of November, it's now December and our hashrate is stale.
- Ken is being more quiet than ever, his focus is on refuting trolls, the real investors are no longer are a concern.

I am not sure what I am going to do, I have a project with a friend that could be profitable in fiat, if so I might be able to resume buying Bitcoins before they hit $10,000 a coin.

This experience has been soul crushing and the reality of my loss has not hit me yet. All I know is that I am in for the worst Christmas of my life.

I only have myself to blame, I am disappointed in myself for making the decisions I made and investing most of my holding into a single company was my undoing. I hope that the hurt and pain from this prevents me from making similar mistakes in the future.

The loyalty here is both insane and totally unjustified.

Explain or no it isn't.

Ken makes Labcoin and Butterfly Labs PR look pristine.

I've written off this investment as a loss.  If Ken proves otherwise great, but I'm not going to blindly cheer when all we have seen is promises, vague timelines, and no proof whatsoever of claims.

No different than Labcoin in my opinion and could possibly turn out bad legally for Ken.  Silence to shareholders is not very smart.  Putting out fluff press releases with no real substance or proof is still silence in my opinion.

Thank you for your timely admissions of defeat and incompetence.  It's difficult to man up and confess to being completely and totally wrong.

To avoid similar soul-crushing financial losses and humiliating mistakes in the future,

ALWAYS BET ON iCE...

One-on-one consulting is available for high-net-worth individuals seeking advice on BTC and related investments.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 01:14:24 AM

Hey look you guys, HashFast's chip is up and running!   Grin

https://twitter.com/HashFast

Where's LabKen's chip?   Huh

Zumzero and Stuart must be very sad today. 

All the other cheerleaders (even former Kool-Ade guzzling dead-enders like VE, redbeans, and bargraphics) have abandoned them and joined the rest of us in the real world.

ALWAYS BET ON iCE...

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:23:41 AM

Hey look you guys, HashFast's chip is up and running!   Grin

https://twitter.com/HashFast

Where's LabKen's chip?   Huh

Zumzero and Stuart must be very sad today. 

All the other cheerleaders (even former Kool-Ade guzzling dead-enders like VE, redbeans, and bargraphics) have abandoned them and joined the rest of us in the real world.

ALWAYS BET ON iCE...

Prototype/Low Volume chips to VMC in a 5-10 week time frame after the RTL code for the ASIC chip is ported to their chip and the timing on the
chip has been closed.

Also, I have directly talked to a customer who has received a VMC machine.  You will see the post within the next couple days, don't worry.  Smiley

crumbs (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:31:01 AM

Also, I have directly talked to a customer who has received a VMC machine.  You will see the post within the next couple days, don't worry.  Smiley

ORLY?  Pics or it didn't happen Cheesy
lobbes

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 05:04:06 PM

Pankkake, I took your poll that got deleted in the thread and made it its own thread in Custom Hardware:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=358820

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 09:31:04 PM

CRUMBS IS DESPERATE TO BUY YOUR SHARES.

Months of Trolling and EXTREME FUD over the past few weeks and he is TEARING AT THE BIT to get his hands on ACtM shares.

HE IS POSTING ABOUT CRYPOSTOCKS WITHIN MINUTES OF US BEING LISTED!

WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?

It tells you that EVERYTHING we have been saying for the past weeks is correct.

THIS STOCK IS GOING TO EXPLODE.

You know it and so does CRUMBS - ACtM NO1. TROLL.

I said it last week and I need to say it again to protect those who have been dupped before by these TROLLS - DO NOT sell below 0.007 as this stock is going to 0.04. within the next few weeks.

no accounts created yet

How did these appear?

Wow, over $300 in bids.  Impressive!  The Next ASICminerTM; Amazing CompanyTM.

ActM is definitely going to explode.

It's going to explode all over the launch pad.   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
crumbs (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:37:20 PM

What's really impressive is the pics offered as proof that Ken's legit. (Follow this link for extra lolz.)

crumbs (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:31:27 PM

I saw them when they came out, and it immediatly struck me: this certainly doesn't look like a place with proper cooling to run a mining farm.

Well, there are the three exhaust hoods dangling in the back. Might be a decent place to cook crank Cheesy
Just looking at those pics, the whole feel was... Depressing.
tslimx

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:16:11 AM

Cooking some crank would of been... profitable.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:26:38 AM

Cooking some crank would of been... profitable.

Seems like it's the only way to go if we're going to get back to any kind of dream..

drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:35:33 AM

I guess kSLAUGHTER is back at using his time to delete post instead of actually working. This was deleted within seconds.

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Seriously how do we not have scammer tag for people who have nothing in stock and are purely harassing owners and shareholders, spamming threads pointlessly for one purpose only and that is hurt others.
Because there is nothing wrong with that and it actually prevent SCAMS from happening.
You can see it happen a few times: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=358242.0 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=346503.0 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=308405.0 and one new thread today that I can't find (deleted?)

If you want to prevent that, YOU are the scammer.

Yeah, that's totally deletable. Let's promote scammers. Yay.

Fuck you bitcoin "securities", fuck you bitcointalk. Scammers, scammers everywhere. Sad

Ken did say he wrote a program to delete your posts. I wonder if that was it?

Can you test it out by making another post and see if it gets deleted in the same timespan?
crumbs (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:50:42 AM

I guess kSLAUGHTER is back at using his time to delete post instead of actually working. This was deleted within seconds.

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Seriously how do we not have scammer tag for people who have nothing in stock and are purely harassing owners and shareholders, spamming threads pointlessly for one purpose only and that is hurt others.
Because there is nothing wrong with that and it actually prevent SCAMS from happening.
You can see it happen a few times: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=358242.0 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=346503.0 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=308405.0 and one new thread today that I can't find (deleted?)

If you want to prevent that, YOU are the scammer.

Yeah, that's totally deletable. Let's promote scammers. Yay.

Fuck you bitcoin "securities", fuck you bitcointalk. Scammers, scammers everywhere. Sad

Ken did say he wrote a program to delete your posts. I wonder if that was it?

Can you test it out by making another post and see if it gets deleted in the same timespan?

Ken couldn't write script for sour apples.  You will know that Ken is using his script to delete posts when none of the posts get deleted.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:55:09 AM

Ken couldn't write script for sour apples.  You will know that Ken is using his script to delete posts when none of the posts get deleted.

Really? I thought Ken was a competent programmer.
crumbs (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:04:28 AM

Ken couldn't write script for sour apples.  You will know that Ken is using his script to delete posts when none of the posts get deleted.

Read much of his code recently?  Ran any?  Or...  did someone tell you that Ken was a coder & you took it on trust?
When i first saw his pics, i just assumed that he hired some old alcoholic to dress up in a Good Will suit & pose for the pics, so that no one with a real life -- with something to loose & a way to link back to Ken -- would have to do it.  Imagine how i felt when I realized that *was* Ken (i still sort-a doubt it)  Picture that man coding, or doing anything other than falling over.
tslimx

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 08:11:05 AM

how many beers you think it took to get that guy in the suit crumbs ?
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:00:20 AM

Ken couldn't write script for sour apples.  You will know that Ken is using his script to delete posts when none of the posts get deleted.

Read much of his code recently?  Ran any?  Or...  did someone tell you that Ken was a coder & you took it on trust?
When i first saw his pics, i just assumed that he hired some old alcoholic to dress up in a Good Will suit & pose for the pics, so that no one with a real life -- with something to loose & a way to link back to Ken -- would have to do it.  Imagine how i felt when I realized that *was* Ken (i still sort-a doubt it)  Picture that man coding, or doing anything other than falling over.

how many beers you think it took to get that guy in the suit crumbs ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Come on guys, you are better than this.
crumbs (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:58:08 PM

Quote from: zumzero on Today at 11:19:48 AM
You avoided answering my question but I expected that.  So you've explained that you are our saviour and you are trying to help us realise that ActM is broken and will never generate profit1.  Why did you adopt this role?2  What is your motivation?3 Why do you show such an interest in ActM?4 Have you ever held shares in ActM?5 Do you plan on buying some?6  Do you act as self appointed guardian of other Bitcoin securities?7 Supposing ActM becomes a great success, what does the share price have to reach before you decide to leave for good?8 Are you are troll?9

So here is your chance to redeem yourself.  Answer the questions honestly and you will increase your standing, reputation and influence, or do a crumbs and nothing changes.  It's your call.

Your question is open-ended, obvious bait is obvious.  If i told you that you could count up to ten on your fingers, you'd come back with "Aha!  There aren't enough fingers, U got 2 use thumbs 2, LIAR!"
Ask specific questions, cite the post where i have made that a statement, and you might get your answer.

Regarding questions above:

1. I am not trying to help you.  You proved beyond help.  I have tried to help you earlier, when this mess was trading above IPO prices.  You have proved to be incapable of taking sound advice.  Unlike you, i cut my losses and stopped bothering. Now bagholders are holding bags.

Currently, i am using you to illustrate how wrong things can go when one invests based on nothing but ignorance and greed.  Your embarrassing example will serve to warn away greater fools, and punctuate that investing in failure is not only financially crippling, but embarrassing to boot.

2. Because scams and failures like this one are boils on the gorgeous, peach-like butt of bitcoin.  They must be lanced.

3. Surgery.

4. Because Active Mining is arguably the biggest boil, ripe and ready to burst.

5. Hell no.  Can't stress this enough.  You're obviously trying to insult me.

6. See 5.

7. I'm not a self-appointed guardian of any securities.  Suggesting that i'm a guardian of this one further exposes your basic lack of understanding.

8. Active mining will never become a great success, your question is as absurd as "Supposing 2+2=25."  Grow up.

9. No.

~I hope this satisfies your curiosity.
finlof

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:39:50 PM

Here's some emo pankkake for you.
Quote from: pankkake
Actually the "I told you so" has a lot of value, because it MIGHT avoid future bad investments like this. Which, in the end, is good for Bitcoin.

Honestly, at that point, I'm just fed up with the whole bitcoin securities "community", where scams are abound, and shareholders are OK with it, or even ready to scam others for their benefit. I even sold part of my bitcoins. Congratulations, I guess.

I don't think the post removal is automated.
yeah i seriously doubt there is anything automated about the post deletions
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 07:27:09 PM

Hello StuartUK!

Hello zumzero!

Hello VE!

I just wanted to let you all know HashFast's first BabyJet is mining live at the Bitcoin conference in Las Vegas.

Grin * 21e6

https://twitter.com/HashFast/status/410833480826626048

First Baby Jet - LIVE at Inside Bitcoins booth 21 in Vegas!!!!

ALWAYS BET ON iCE...

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: