Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 03:02:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Mining , Is it worth it?  (Read 2019 times)
Decima human

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:16:39 PM

If you have moderately cheap electricity and join a pool is it worth it to mine BTC?
Lebovsky

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:24:32 PM

Now mining is relevant only if you have a good and preferably expensive equipment. In this case, it will bring you profit, and will pay off in about a year. If there is no money to buy good equipment, then you should not start. It will be a waste of time and money.
lamcouz

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:27:23 PM

till now it is bitcoin as an investment destination in the long run and also short-term trading, and if later many places where shopping is already serving bitcoin transactions I think bitcoin can really be a currency.
panganib999

Activity: 1750
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 02:48:04 PM

It is not a good idea to do it now. There is a lot of competition happening and the difficulty gets higher.

If you really are into mining then better look for another coin. But I bet there will be more out there considering popularity are in the hands of the ICO's now.
They have their own number of coins and there is no mining needed.
You will need a lot of capital for this to be successful.
In taking the mining as a forte in earning crypto finding the right coin is a must for you to earn more. Bitcoin is much more harder to mine compare to those lower crypto in the market. And having a mining is costly specially if you are the only one who will set up all the mining rigs and the system is may cause you a lot in terms of capital which could give you lesser profit. The proportion on earning on mining depends on the set up the mining system the little in could be the lesser profit you could earn. Yet starting a wide scale mining needs much more support by the people who also want to get into mining crpytos.
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:53:28 PM

If electricity is too expensive it may not be worth it (unless you have the extra money to invest, and have no problem waiting to actually make a profit). When I first got into BTC I thought "Ok, I am totally getting into mining" but then after checking equipment prices and electricity costs in my country I realized it was best to invest directly. It would take too long to actually start making a profit (at least here).
jakirdj95

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:07:34 PM

Yes, mine bitcoin is worth it. However, if you are willing to wait until hardware recovery, any maintenance and power purchase to recover your mining investment. But indeed, the construction of the mining arch is not for a simple investor because you really have to invest in high quantity and need patience.There may be many reasons that you could give less profit.Maining is a different reason, because money mining is good money.When the actual work is done in mining, it should be done properly, even if it does not have to be continued even after that. If there is a lot of risk.If you just need mining then need to buy Bitcoin and you will not be able to care for such a lot of things when mining works, then you can achieve success at mining.I think mining will not be profitable for the beginner.
Sidas_Crew669

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:36:41 PM

There will be a lot you have to spend on minning, first you must be ready ready to spend big capital to prepare everything.
besides that there is a lot of competition going on and the difficulty is getting higher.
If you're really mining then better look for another coin. But I'm sure there will be more out there considering the popularity is in the hands of ICO now.
They have their own number of coins and no mining is required.
KevinHD

Activity: 232
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:00:04 AM

It is definitely not worth it. Especially in our country (which I am also residing at), due to, like what you said, the electricity bills and the mining rigs, hardware, and other equipment such as cables, cooling fans, and etc. costs much more than you gain. Yet, it is good for those who already have huge amounts of cash to buy all necessary tools for crypto mining and for those who are onto waiting and long term run.
SkustaClee

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:21:30 AM

Hello guys, I have a friend who told me about BITCOIN MINING.

What do you think? Is it worth it ? Buying Hardwares / Mining Rigs and plus the TIME to be consume.
I'm not even familiar with it , so I'm probably asking for advice on for those old miners.

Electricity here in PH is so expensive. Do you have some tips and tricks?

Thanks in advance guys !  Wink
Actually, I have mining set and I can say that mining is worth it. It is hard to make investment with mining because we need big amount of capital to start mining. I have now passive income because of mining bitcoins.
adjong

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:26:50 AM

for me coin mining is profitable but you also need to consider how much capital you have to start everything. It takes a long time to make money in coin mining,Just try searching what price hardware / antminer. Shipping costs, high computer specifications, and electricity costs also need to be considered.
Lazada

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:31:10 AM

For me that doing various things related to mining hence require hardware and resource enough. Like a very sophisticated and expensive hardware. If we only have sober hardware then we can not get the best results. Even to do the mining everyone is required to have sophisticated hardware, large and stable electricity flow. There are many components to watch out for and I think that people who are ready are professionals.
malbterxic

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 07:36:37 AM

Here is my personal opinion, due to the fact that the complexity of bitcoin mining is constantly growing and the cost of equipment is also growing I do not see any reason to engage in BTC mining. I thought and it turns out that if you compare the purchase of the bitcoin itself and for the same amount buy equipment for extraction, then you will never be able to get the same amount of BTC.

yarozaqu

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:38:07 AM

What do you think? Is it worth it ? Buying Hardwares / Mining Rigs and plus the TIME to be consume.
I'm not even familiar with it , so I'm probably asking for advice on for those old miners.

yes, Bitcoin mining is worth, If you're willing to wait until you recover your investment in buying hardwares, maintenance and electricity. Actually building mining rig is not for a simple investor because you really need a high amount of investment and patience as well. It is very expensive equipment. I prefer participate in bounty campaign.
jikurpa

Activity: 665

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:01:29 AM

it is true what you convey because mining requires facilities and infrastructure even the cost is not small so before investing with mining thinking wisely and research that can understand the risk of loss and gain gained
Mrdark_knight

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:15:44 AM

IN MT OPINION Bitcoin mining is not profitable anymore specially if you live in a country like PH. Aside from the money you'll have to spend in buying hardwares and mining rigs. Due to the expensive eletricity in PH You will have to spend more in your electricity bill more than your profit in mining
Ondongeric18

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/Wl0rfMA.jpg

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:22:14 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2018, 10:08:39 AM by Ondongeric18

I think it is worth investing. There is much about bitcoin mining that people do really love it. I think they gain a lot from doing so. The only thing I heard from people doing it is the needed increase your powersupply and hardware requirements. Electric consumption may also be high so this needs to be planned well.

▐ ██████ ▌》    SONDER.VISION       《▐ ██████ ▌
HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
Borisov

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:51:36 AM

I did not mine bitcoin, but read an interesting article that was calculated the cost of mining bitcoin, that if the rate is less than 6500 then mining for many will not be profitable! Thus, it can be concluded that the whales are not profitable to bring down the price below 6500.
Ryanpaul80

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:15:49 AM

I'm not sure if mining bitcoin is worth it. Which I know, the tools for bitcoin miners are expensive, not to mention the need for high-specification computers, expensive also in the end. The cost of electricity consumption also needs to be considered.
Scavagers

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:23:27 AM

Electricity here in Philippines is so expensive especially this summer so when you start doing mining,you will probably spend more than you earn. Equipments and hardwares are also needed to be high end to make the most out of it. Before starting mining, you should have enough knowledge and experience in n cryptocurrency. I have watched a guy in the news and he is telling that bitcoin mining is for experienced and professional only. I think in your starting months, it will be extremely expensive but I think it is worth in the long run.
rudox

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:26:59 AM

Mining of bitcoin is real and expensive because of the equipment involved. Although it is profitable but you need experience and training to excel. Do not rush into mining when you are not prepared.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: