Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:43:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you long term or short term?  (Read 3564 times)
kevpantof

Activity: 491
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:43:32 AM

Hey! All depends on coins you possess now and you want to sell. If coins have great potential to grow and you dont hope just for pump Grin i would set target and wait. That happened many times to me - i sold with losses and then market went up.
Indeed. The selling of coins and holding them also depends on the coin you hold. If the coins have good potential and hard working team, there in no need to hurry. Instead you should hold it for a bit long to gain some significant profit. If the coin doesn’t have much potential, just wait for a spike in price cause of a pump and then sell immediately. I will also recommend to use the stop loss function that in available in some well know exchanges to prevent much loss for the downfall of a crypto.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
marcau
Copper Member

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

Blockchain enthusiast, English-French Translator

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:59:50 AM

I believe it is good to have good balance between short term and long term holds in your portfolio. Generally top 50 coins would be long term holds while smaller caps would tend to be coins that you are looking to flip once they reach a certain level.
CryptoSingleBrew

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:58:35 AM

Project I have belief in I hold for at least a year and maybe more. But even when they bring me crazy gains, I will take out some profits, like 15-20%. Others that I buy when the prices are low or on ICO are usually projects that I like, but they turn out not to be as good as I expected (no frequent updates from the team, no news, no advances in project development...), and those I trade with some gain. Long term holds tend to bring highest profits, if you can hodl through thick and thin Smiley
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:22:33 AM

I am trading once in a while because I have coins in exchanges. Sometimes I buy and just wait the coin to go up in value before I sell, of course I know it is in dip. Now, which is better, set it to your expected price so that when it hit you sold? O wait for the price to go up and sell even if it did not reach yet to your  target price? Thanks.
Many people are confused with the same time cause they don’t know the exit point. Let me tell you a trick in such situations. When a coin rises to a certain level at which you are in profit, sell some part of it and hold the rest, if the price continues to rise, again sell a small part of it and continue doing so till the price continues to rise.

In this way, even if at some point the price drops, you wont regret it cause you would have already sold some portion of your investment and if it continues to rise, good enough and do the same. Sell some at different different points. Always sell in profit though never take loss. If in loss, better to hold.
tachi641

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:33:04 AM

I prefer long term because it is more convincing,,
Actually, the short term is also good, but if the spare time is less I suggest long term is more promising.  Smiley
eagle10 (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 09:38:25 AM

I chose a long time because I think it's safer to play for a long time so do not have to keep seeing the price every day. see the price once a week I think we can already profit  Grin
Not really always. You can't be sure your investment will be profited in a week.
For me, as long as it's a profit, i would sell it OP. If you gonna do something crazy, just hodl your token for long term (e.g more than 5 years)

I think there are some coins which is better to keep n hold while there are other coins which if the price go up and there is already good profit you see then it's up to you to decide to sell. I manage to have these two recently. I keep 3 other coins for long term and other coins I trade for profit because they are good for it.
Thiekungan

Activity: 191

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:07:11 AM

I am both. If the situation is good for the short term, then I do. as well if the situation requires in the long term. Just let it flow  Grin
anzhanbei1214068

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:15:49 AM

I am a long-term trader, but I can also trade in the short term.

But now, based on the market price, I think we can hold it for a while, and now it's not a good opportunity to sell.
platinov_and

Activity: 364
Merit: 110

SPOKKZ

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:26:26 AM

But now, based on the market price, I think we can hold it for a while, and now it's not a good opportunity to sell.
I'm also a long-term trader, but there are times when I trade every day. Now it's really not the best time to trade, but there are some coins that I'm ready to sell right now!

────────  SPOKKZ  ────────  
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── Join Pre-Sale
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:17:24 PM

I'm also a long-term trader, but there are times when I trade every day. Now it's really not the best time to trade, but there are some coins that I'm ready to sell right now!

Yes, now is not a good time to sell. It's definitely better to hold. The market is now undecided about the direction. Long-term investments are better for me.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
katak mercat

Activity: 133

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:24:49 PM

I am just a short term investment, I am just looking for small profits as long as every day, I never think will make long-term investment because I think it will reduce my income
Nhor1011

Activity: 994
Merit: 11

Daxetoken.net

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:06:25 PM

I am trading once in a while because I have coins in exchanges. Sometimes I buy and just wait the coin to go up in value before I sell, of course I know it is in dip. Now, which is better, set it to your expected price so that when it hit you sold? O wait for the price to go up and sell even if it did not reach yet to your  target price? Thanks.

Ofcourse i wait the price up then i sell my coins. After that i wait price down again to buy more. It is only my short term investment but i also have long term investment which is the bitcoin. I just hold it and wait untill the day bitcoin price will go sky so that i can earn  bigger.

Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:40:51 PM

The market are quiet dump, and selling right now might give you so much losses better to hold on it. I’m more on long term trading because I know cryptocurrency will go higher in the coming years, even the market dump I’m still confident about it.
mbah

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 03:48:39 AM

short-term investment only gives a profit and not how. If you want to take the risk to hold coins for a long-term investment at least can benefit greatly. see ethereum several years ago and currently seta price bitcoin from early last year until today, you can certainly imagine the results if a long-term investment.

upisdown

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:00:17 AM

I prefer long term because according to my experience more profitable, eventhough i have to wait for a good price to sell..but do not close the possibility to follow the short term if I am interested in the price at the time..

tapaibuccok

Activity: 303

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:20:55 AM

I am a long-term investor One of the biggest misconceptions about Bitcoin is that investing in popular digital currencies will generate wealth overnight. Similar to other types of investments, Bitcoin is a long-term plan. Gaining profit and loss in a short time that's something most visible and it should always be investors remember.
perfect999

Activity: 1610
Merit: 299

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:17:09 AM

Both has unique advantage. Each trader maintain their unique style which suited themselves. There are many routes to making profit in crypto. Usually I'm doing both but l have reserved some coins as long term basis.
Yes, investments can be done considering both long term and short term. I have invested in ethereum, Neo, XRP and IOTA to hold on for a long time, whereas I have kept TRX, XVG,ADA,etc for short term profit. If you have enough time, you can do day trading as well as invest for the long term.

Also some amount must always be kept reserved in fiat currencies in order to buy cryptos low when they are in a massive dip. That’s sensible trading and also safe.
Badboy[BTC]

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:38:56 PM

It makes no sense to keep the coins in the short term, it is necessary to guess the price movement very well, and it is almost impossible
kendra1107

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:36:12 PM

Mostly long term for me. Time to sell depends on your need. Sometimes we tend to sell even if the price have not yet reached our target due to certain circumstances. But if we can resist the temptation to sell and hold longer, I believe this is when we will see better growth in our investment.

moneyangel

Activity: 336

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:44:16 PM

In my opinion, doing a long term investment makes you profitable as you can manage the movement of price then act even if your target price the not meet as long as it makes a profits.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: