Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:54:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The biggest problem of altcoins  (Read 4834 times)
fayoling

Activity: 882
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:39:36 PM

One of the biggest problems is that among the altcoins very often there are more and more scams

stomachgrowls

Activity: 2870
Merit: 771

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:32:16 PM

....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.
I agree to your view but for now i do see some coins which isnt really dependent into bitcoins price and can potential move on its own market. Bitcoin price might affects its price too but it do still able to manage to move up.

One of the biggest problems is that among the altcoins very often there are more and more scams
One of the reasons why we cant really raise up the price not only that there are lots of projects turns out to be shitty just focusing on making money for their devs without even caring out the true potential of this cryptocurrency potential for longer terms.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
alarsincoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:02:59 PM

the biggest problem of alcoins is a big quantity  different kinds of coins. it so difficult to monitor trends and news about it. too difficult to decide which coin is good and promise big profit.

jashley

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:22:29 PM

....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.

Yes because Bitcoin is the king and all of the altcoins out there we trade them using Bitcoin. Also there's a lot of new people here in crypto world where you would really see what we called weak hands because all they know cryptocurrency is easy money a lot of people investing there money here with searching it own there own what is cryptocurrency that's why a lot of new money on crypto has been eaten easily by those whales out there.

GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE                               
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
╚               ▶ Twitter         ▶ Facebook         ▶ Youtube         ▶ WHhitepaper               ╝
Argie021213

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:57:16 PM

I disagree, there is certain cases were altcoins appreciate while bitcoin value drops, altcoin does not depend on bitcoin a lot, but most of the time they are affected by the current market situation of bitcoin.
CopMom

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:55:01 PM

The biggest problem with altcoins is that they depend on Bitcoin as well as Ethereum. The essence of the cryptocurrencies market is the cash flow that will be invested in the top coin. So if Bitcoin and Ethereum increase then altcoins decrease and vice versa. If Bitcoin and Ethereum are no longer favored, the altcoins will not depend on these 2 cryptos.

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium   ────── ▌▐ 
anti-scam

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

COINECT

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:28:29 PM

The biggest problem with altcoins is that they depend on Bitcoin as well as Ethereum. The essence of the cryptocurrencies market is the cash flow that will be invested in the top coin. So if Bitcoin and Ethereum increase then altcoins decrease and vice versa. If Bitcoin and Ethereum are no longer favored, the altcoins will not depend on these 2 cryptos.
Yes it is very boring altcoin always keep up with bitcoin prices so far. there is nothing strong to hold so altcoin seems to have no power in the market. the most disappointing is the negative issue always gives a bad effect on altcoin prices.

▄▄▓▓▄▄   ▄▓▓▓▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀    ▀▓▓▓▀   ▀▓▓▓▄
         ▄▓▓▀▀        ▐▓         ▀▓▓▓
         ▓▓   ░▓▓▒    ▐▓     ▓▓░   ▐▓
         ▓▓    ░▀▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▀▀    ▐▓
      ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▓▓▀     ▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▄   ▀▀    ▀▓▓░
    ▓▓        ▓▓▓░    ▐▓     ▀▓▓▄        ▓░
    ▓▓▄▄▄    ▐▓░   ▄▓▄▓▓▒▄▓▄   ▓▓░   ▄▄▄▄▓░
    ▓▓▀▀▀    ▐▓░   ▀▀▀▓▓▒▀▀    ▓▓░   ▀▀▀▒▓░
    ▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄   ▐▓    ▄▓▓▓▀       ░▓░
    ▀▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▄   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓▒   ▓▄   ▄▓▓▓░
        ▀▓▓▓▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓░   ▀▀▓▓▓▀░
         ▓▓    ▄▓▓▓   ▐▓    ▓▓▄░   ▐▓░░
         ▀▓▄   ▀▓     ▐▓     ▀▀   ▄▓▓░
           ▀▓▓▓▄      ▓▓░      ▄▓▓▀░
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░▓▓▓▄▓▓▓░
COINECT
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
AI-based decentralized
arbitrage trading system
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
█              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
akihiro101117

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:10:49 AM

no, i think altcoins now have independence over bitcoin it is not like before that you have to convert it to bitcoin before going out a trade. there are lots of usdt pairs now that doesnt need bitcoin.

★★★     │  TEMCO  │      SUPPLY CHAIN POWERED BY BITCOIN NETWORK, RSK     ★★★
★★★   Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP)   ★★★
Mame89

Activity: 1568
Merit: 432

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:40:04 AM

actually what is the problem or problem between altcoin and bitcoin I myself do not really concern this thing let everything goes as it is reasonable.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2145

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 03:48:23 AM

I believe BTC price not only represent BTC market only, but also all of cryptocurrency market. In this case, we could expect that if BTC price down, all coins have the tendency to go down also.

I've seen some coins able to rise even when BTC price down, this is simply because that particular coin is highly undervalued so that even it has the tendency to go down, the buying force is still so strong.

So my conclusion is that dependent or independent doesn't matter much

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
daow403

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:37:46 AM

I do not think altcoins coins follow bitcoin, and will definitely go out of their own ways in the future. As more and more people use altcoins, they will become more and more acceptable.
zokilnmet

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:27:30 AM

At the moment,it all depends on the BTC, and this is a fact, only because it was a very first coin. But may be in the nearest future we will see a rather different picture, cause everything is possible on the cryptocurrency market.
sunsilk

Activity: 2926
Merit: 620

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:52:12 AM

One of the reasons why we cant really raise up the price not only that there are lots of projects turns out to be shitty just focusing on making money for their devs without even caring out the true potential of this cryptocurrency potential for longer terms.
This is the biggest reason why those legit and really promising coins aren't moving upwards because of those people who are only for the profit and not for supporting those coins.

The cycle goes on and they keep on creating new one after they are done with their current launched ICO / project.

And once it reached their soft / hard cap they are nailing and starting to take profits. I have believed this since before that the altcoin market is totally depending to bitcoin market.

That's why it is called the king.

wsxdrfv

Activity: 405
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 08:41:55 AM

What is pump and dump,

and how to block?
zenonramon

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:07:16 AM

This is the biggest reason why those legit and really promising coins aren't moving upwards because of those people who are only for the profit and not for supporting those coins.

The cycle goes on and they keep on creating new one after they are done with their current launched ICO / project.

And once it reached their soft / hard cap they are nailing and starting to take profits. I have believed this since before that the altcoin market is totally depending to bitcoin market.

That's why it is called the king.
This is not good, suppose if bitcoin get knocked out of the race, the 2nd most (Ethereum/whatever) is going to take its place and do the same to alt coins
Then altcoin market will depend on ethereum or whatever and people will keep raising money for their dev and grab the profit until the whales decide play time is over  Undecided
CazzataMalanga (OP)

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:01:41 AM

What is pump and dump,

and how to block?

Pump and dump groups blow massive amounts of money in the market (sometimes hundreds of millions at once) to make the price go up and sell everything with a huge profit only a short time (few days) later. It's market manipulation.

You can't block it or avoid it. The market cap must rise so that pumping and dumping gets harder.
donbasxii

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:18:02 AM

consider eth. many tokens nowadays are depended on ethereum
lifetimebitcoins

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:06:26 AM

The major problem with the altcoin is whenever the price of bitcoin decreases automatically the price of altcoins will increase. Even some won't depend on bitcoin also because after raising some amount they will start cheating investors and it will become zero.
andreijoaquin

Activity: 173
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:22:00 AM

So far altcoins really depends on bitcoin market situation but I think this is only for the mean time I know in the near future when bitcoin will become legally accepted world wide, altcoins will also gain popularity and stability in the market. The only problem I see here is that there are lots of altcoins which resulting to difficulties for people to choose which one will become highly valuable.
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:45:27 PM

The major problem with the altcoin is whenever the price of bitcoin decreases automatically the price of altcoins will increase. Even some won't depend on bitcoin also because after raising some amount they will start cheating investors and it will become zero.
We can't expect all the citizen of the country to be a president so it is impossible to get growth percentage like bitcoin got over the years.And there is no relation between the price of bitcoin and the altcoins so qe can't expect the altcoins to depends on the bitcoin price chart.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: