Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:47:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The biggest problem of altcoins  (Read 4842 times)
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:57:13 PM

Actually, if you look at the bigger perspective, you could see the difference. It's not that way at all, for instance, if you are into some solid altcoin investment, like 3months hold, you could see the growth of its altcoin differently independent with BTC. But if you notice the trend, when bitcoin will slow down and so do alts. but when BTC goes up, alts will soar higher than what you think. So they longer you hold a potential, then more you will likely to gain your position.
That pattern is very common, when bitcoin goes up altcoins have a very strong tendency to go up as well and since they have a smaller market cap they can go up very rapidly, however the opposite pattern also happens when bitcoin goes down altcoins have a very strong tendency to go down as well and most of the time they go down faster than bitcoin.
GangNamSK

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:42:43 PM

BTC is the king of every coins,There fore they must have a dependencies with both.But Other  blockchain techonologies are pretty good rather than BTC

BTC is the king of every coin, therefore they must have dependence on both. But other blockchain technology is pretty good than BTC. Agreed, ETH also still survive until now.
I think the biggest problem of altcoin in the present time is the trading volume of the whole market and especially the altcoin is very small so it is easily manipulated by speculators who want to control prices. The value of the coins in their favor. In addition, the fact that the market is creating too much altcoin has no real value also makes the cryptocurrency market diluted and lost confidence in many investors into altcoin.
zhukovt34

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

Augmented Reality World Discovered

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:15:25 AM

I think the biggest problem of altcoins is that they still have limited practical use.
Btc still have bigger practical use as first crypto coin. You must still often for instance buy or sell btc in order to trade altcoin.
Ethereum as most stable altcoin has biggest practical use, for instance as ERC-20 tokens base.
But this is changing!

jashley

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:49:32 AM

The problem with Altcoin is that it reacts excessively to the bitcoin fluctuation. Uncertainty is increasing in the long run. In this case you have to make buy-sell constantly. Find new projects, research, can be troublesome to trust. Sometimes the project can also be scam. Material and spiritual loss.
Well we can't avoid that but there are things we can do about it just go with the flow and trade with plans because if you don't have any of that probably you will lose all of your money. Total Marketcap still low for me that's why it can be easily controlled by those whales out there but once the marketcap goes to trillion they will hard time a little bit to control the market.

GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE                               
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
╚               ▶ Twitter         ▶ Facebook         ▶ Youtube         ▶ WHhitepaper               ╝
Mohondoa

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:42:25 AM

The big problem at altcoin is that bitcoin affects everything. And the general dynamics of market development, too.
But remember there are always have dump and pump activity at the market to make some profit gathering and some people who give some pointers with certain coins.
That's what led me to conclude that bitcoin greatly affects the development of altcoin.
pacifista

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:04:31 AM

The only problem of altcoins is when btc goes down they follow,however some altcoins are not affected by the sudden down of bitcoin but majority of all the altcoins are depending on bitcoins price.
sensei

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:15:44 PM

BTC is the rex of every thumps,There stem they should grunter a addictions with both. But Other  blockchain techonologies are fairly preferable fairly than BTC
seymenyunus16

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:16:58 PM

Each and everything happening with the virtual currencies were completely unpredictable. It is our own goodness to be secure overcoming the issues that exist around. Altcoins were highly fluctuating and similar to bitcoin the price moves much higher at some point and one who miss it out will not get an chance once again to profit selling at the ath.
Spellwing

Activity: 120

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:18:05 PM

Yes you are right. This is actually a very big problem. What kind of decentralization can we talk about when this happens on the market?
Dennys52

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:34:56 PM

Cryptocurrency is a new technology, and I'm sure they have a major problem. All new things also have a major problem, which can affect the overall crypto currency in general.
Rhamon

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:21:08 PM

Altcoin prices can not be independent from bitcoin since the trading system and all exchanges are using bitcoin price parity. If bitcoin price drops more than the rise of an altcoin price, it will also seems to drop. Bitcoin price should be stable for reliable altcoin prices.
raiderking96

Activity: 252

pantang menyerah

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:31:06 PM

I think many altcoins are not able to compete in the market because of the benefits that are less than the use or holding of the coin. The vision and mission of the project and the roadmap that runs are the main factors affecting the level of benefits of the coin, so we need to review first, before buying coins.
ken1704

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:14:23 AM

I think altcoins need time to can up and don’t control by BTC
cinaka omaro

Activity: 210
Merit: 35

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:11:03 AM

I think most people think too positive, I think we should also think realistically by looking at the issues and market prices are up and down
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:43:00 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2018, 02:49:34 AM by aeternus

I think the biggest problem of altcoins is that they still have limited practical use.
Btc still have bigger practical use as first crypto coin. You must still often for instance buy or sell btc in order to trade altcoin.
Ethereum as most stable altcoin has biggest practical use, for instance as ERC-20 tokens base.
But this is changing!

The reason for this is not a mystery, most of the altcoins are not used much because altcoins are not that useful, the few projects which are have huge market caps, look at ethereum, litecoin, monero or dash and you will see useful coins and what happens? The community uses those coins but if a coin does not really have a reason to exist then it is not going to used as much.
WilliamBratsky

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:32:17 AM

To defeat Bitcoin, an altcoin would require not just superior technology, but such vastly superior technology as to be an advance over Bitcoin comparable to the advance Bitcoin represents over fiat currency. Furthermore, a truly great innovation would much better serve people by being incorporated into future versions of Bitcoin rather than by requiring them to switch to something else
makladun

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:19:34 AM

Whales were obsessed with highly capitalized coins and did not want to go further, work for something truly new. Coins with low capitalization and little-known novelties are not so interesting to them. And little is supported by manipulation. Unfortunately, they react only to changing the price of bitcoins and play their game, perhaps they will look closer to ETH and NEO in the near future.
Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 08:36:23 AM

The most problem I see in alts is their teams and future monetization of their products. Most alts I don't see how to use and who will pay for this new tech that they are creating. And teams of devs can forget about the project and you can't do anything. 

letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:09:44 AM

The most problem I see in alts is their teams and future monetization of their products. Most alts I don't see how to use and who will pay for this new tech that they are creating. And teams of devs can forget about the project and you can't do anything. 
I agree, I think that all the coins except bitcoin and Ethereum are in the perspective of scams, since now just on the HYIP everyone decided to do it and make a lot of money! Almost no good they do not carry! In addition to 5-10 coins

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
parneitak

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:11:19 PM

I agree with the author of the topic. But not 100%. the more fundamental the basis of altcoins, the more chances for independent development. Ethereum - the most vivid example
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: