Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:34:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost half of my crypto amount! what to do?  (Read 10066 times)
unneros

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:58:52 AM

You should not complain about this here because what you are experiencing is due to your wrong decision in the past. It is an expensive lesson for you, and you will have experience in trading if you still want to continue. I advise you not to become a FOMOer, do not decide to buy any Altcoin when it is going up too high.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:02:28 AM

Start all over again but this time more intelligently. Cryptocurrency is in complete contrast to wall street and stock market and that doesn't mean it is inferior to them in quality and potential for profit. Study the coin you are investing in and learn.

Dek_Fakhri

Activity: 169
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:07:43 AM

in fact, if you didn't lose anything, all thy assets remain intact. you only see in terms of the currency just so you look loss and loss of capital, but actually, if you want to wait then it is not impossible that you could get results.
cryptoguy9813 (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:41:54 AM

I am going to hodl. I only need one of these coins to make it big to recoup my losses. Right now I am about 5k so hopefully I can regain my losses
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:44:19 AM

So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?

ok. Why did you invest if you didn't have faith in those altcoins? It has only been two months since your investment and as many have mentioned bitcoin usually struggles between first few weeks/months. They will eventually gain but you should be very careful with your investment. Don't invest anything you can't afford to lose. take this as a lesson for future and hodl.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:46:44 AM

So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?
i think half of the holder here experiencing something like this.me myself had felt the same w.but for my past experiences in crypto my eyes saw this for couple of times so maybe this is the reason why im confidently holdng my whole portfolio and now im feeling relieved as coins starting to grow.maybe it would take time but sure will recover soon
cryptotaste

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:20:36 AM

you will be able to know which coins would give you a lot of money in the future.Just HODL.If you believe in the long term prospects of the coins you chose you will have soon or later your investment back
neinnein125

Activity: 475
Merit: 251

VTOS

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:23:07 AM

I personally lost more than half of my  money on altcoins, but I don' mind. I invested professionally on some good altcoins and I am sure markets will react and pull my coins back on their previous prices!

▄█████████████████████▄
  ▄
█████████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████████████▀
 ▀████
███████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████
     ████
█████████████████
      ████
██████████████
       █████████████████
        ███████████████
         ▀███████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
V T O S      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
MEDIUM    TWITTER     GITHUB

⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:26:19 AM

When you lose your crypto assets, you can not do when your crypto is lost. There is no responsibility because it is a personal risk of each. And you must remember the future you have to be careful.
leviathon

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:36:55 AM

Never invest more than you are willing to lose. Also try to diversify your portfolio into as many coins as possible. By doing that you are reducing your risk of losses. Always try to invest more than 50% of your portfolio into high market cap coins as they are less likely to dump and are safer bets.
sksshopee

Activity: 176

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:06:26 AM

I suggest you hold it and you will get the value back  so my advice is it to wait for the market rise and make research and attention of the market.
justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:14:53 AM

Well it depends on your situation, if you want to recover your remaining funds and take the loss, then sell all of your cryptocurrencies in that way you could recover atleast half of your funds remaining after the loss and if you want to still hold on and hope that bitcoin will rose again after the huge dip (apperently bitcoin is slowly rising and going back to 11k) then hold on to your coins especially bitcoin and ethereum.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:20:59 AM

It seems here that you have a wrong choice on where to invest. I suggest that you should first do some research before investing on one coins or whichever coins you wish to invest. Researching will help you a lot in investing. I suggest you should first look at the market whether the there is a stable graph or whenever there is an increase inline. You should also look at the white paper wherein you can see there a lot of coins. You can also look for their site of the coins. Its really helpful.
I think luck is also an important factor not just skilled in analysis and research only, as you know that ETH and Bitcoin are potential coins but lately the price of both coins has decreased even more than 50%, my money is also reduced 50% if I sell it now, I think the patience factor will also help you to not lose
rhayot

Activity: 351

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:29:44 AM

Don’t worry, you’re not just the only person experienced that. I’ve faced also this kind of scenario and a lot of us have faced this but in my perspective, I’ll just keep on holding it until it turns back again in a high price because in today’s market the bitcoin and altcoins are in low value but eventually it will be back soon.
CryptoTrip

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:41:41 AM

No need to be upset, everything will grow, only time is needed. At this time it will need much more. Until you sold, you didn't lose anything.

roburst
Copper Member

Activity: 28

Roburst Network Representative

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 08:45:52 AM

Don’t worry, you’re not just the only person experienced that. I’ve faced also this kind of scenario and a lot of us have faced this but in my perspective, I’ll just keep on holding it until it turns back again in a high price because in today’s market the bitcoin and altcoins are in low value but eventually it will be back soon.

I agree with you, the best strategy now for me is hold until I die  Grin. Trading may seem profitable when things go right, but the unexpected is the deadliest, losing half of your money is still better losing all of your money, just don't give up and you will be get back what is yours.
kaloloy

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:45:58 AM

I better suggest when you do invest on crypto and put your money into your favorite Altcoin then you better wait a little bit longer when crypto market dropping,
Because as an investor and an amateur trader, we need to buy them when they're cheaper then see them when we already hit the profit bar.
I mean, in order to not to lost profits, then we should wait for the market will dip and buy our altcoins before it goes up for recovery.
kaloloy

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:49:14 AM

I agree with you, the best strategy now for me is hold until I die  Grin. Trading may seem profitable when things go right, but the unexpected is the deadliest, losing half of your money is still better losing all of your money, just don't give up and you will be get back what is yours.

LoL, in my case I am holding my Crypto Assets because I am an overseas worker and I am getting bounty stake tokens since I joined this forum and start to participate Signature and other bounty campaigns when I hit Jr. Member.
I am holding my Crypto Assets because I have a full time job and my salary is more that enough to support myself and my family.
That's why my Crypto Assets today are higher than those who invested and doing trade because I don't care whether they pump or dump but as long as I am working abroad, I am collecting altcoins as many as I could.
Flamebellow

Activity: 364
Merit: 19

www.codex.one

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:50:45 AM

FOMO is our enemy , as well as greed . Those who can't fight it , will sustain heavy losses in a future . You should train your self to be patient and ambitious , but not a greedy man , who want to receive all in one moment , because most likely it will lead you to losses.

taeewo

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:57:45 AM

That the  reason you need to understand the concept behind cryptocurrency, it is volatile in nature and you should always put the amount you are able to afford to loose... My advise is for you to still hold some of the coins you believe still have future and opportunity to grow because i believe most of them will still moon.... Dont give up...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: