Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 09:59:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost half of my crypto amount! what to do?  (Read 10073 times)
nobetci

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:30:04 PM

So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?

I think you should wait for better prices, you have nothing much to do. I think there are a lot of people who has similar situations just like yours. In my opinion, it is really important to not trading with big amounts which you cannot afford losing it.

______________▂▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █►  arizn  ◄█ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂▂______________            ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                             A TOKENISED CROWD FUNDING PLATFORM                                         ◄   ICO: 30% BONUS   ►
FacebookTwitterYoutubeInstagramWebsiteWalletTelegramWhitepaper ●    ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
mikfresh

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:30:08 PM

You have to hold, there's nothing you can do. Doing day trading could worsen your situation, so be careful if you want to do that. In the next years you will have a lot more than the budget you started out with. Just enjoy the ride.
rost1989

Activity: 308

Decentralize $15-Trillion Global Trade Industry

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:34:49 PM

So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?

I understand your pain. If you don't beleive in your projects than sell everything and try to recover your money with other opportunities. There were several opprtunities in FEB (even in bear market) to get +50% (for example, Fusion ICO). I know that there are always other opportunities, we just need to keep searching.
My portfolio lost twice of its value from DEC 2017 highs, but I still hold cause I beleive in projects that I invested in. I didn't FOMO during DEC 2017 and JAN 2018 and I was mentally ready for correction in early 2018.

mark1220

Activity: 151

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:35:22 PM

For me just hold for a while and wait at the right time. not all the time tokens may dumped it may rise again before you invest think about it that your not losing your tokens but you may recover your tokens in a right time,always update in market cap.
jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:39:36 PM

I know the trustration that you have,because i have the same when i was starting here in cryptocurrencies,but you still have a chance to get recover from your losses,just make sure that next time you wont be investing to these shitcoins,always ask the community which you are planning to invest to make sure that you wont be investing to these shitty coins.

MaleKing

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:41:03 PM

You basically didn't lose anything. Crypto market will soon go up again and you will be on profit!
Always invest just the money you can afford to lose!
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:44:16 PM

You basically didn't lose anything. Crypto market will soon go up again and you will be on profit!
Always invest just the money you can afford to lose!
If he felt that way and decided to sell his coins when it was low then he is out of the whole thing. Keeping the coins would be really smart option if this ever happens again.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
boyjackyou

Activity: 301

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:45:19 PM

Just wait for your coins to get recovered,it is better to hold than to sell them off because holding these coins wont give you losses.Make sure if you recovered from this losses you will conduct a lot of research so next time you wont be trapped with these shitcoins because your coins are worthy to have,i donrt really recommend investing with the coins you arent familiar of.

TTITA

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:48:40 PM

For the notes, any kind of investment having many risk. Many people buying while Btc was price $17k, but it has been prediction before as the price it should be at region $10k, over it, it could be bubble. But i don't think it will happen in altcoin's as the project can be developing more, but it all depend on their developers. Many altcoin project still have good future such as Eth, Neo, Iota, etc. So, you just need to waiting it or buying some other prospect coins that will recover your loss.
cryptoguy9813 (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:49:09 PM

what are your thoughts on my coins? Are they mostly shit coins?
Chiyoko

Activity: 305

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:54:57 PM

I think you should hold now.  You've just put up with your losses,  don't  go for more. Thearket is gonna grow and your frustration will vanish.  Keep calm and hope for the best,  this is the best for now.
Yes your right, its better to hold because if you believe that it will back soon, your patient will sucessful.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
nakauten

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:55:36 PM

XRP was a manipulated coin that is why you have lost a lot with this coin,you should have conducted some deep research so you coild avoit shitcoins like you have,the only thing you can do is to hold the long term coins and then dump most of the shitcoins in your portfolio,put your money into the right coins and wait for them  to grow.

hazznel

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:56:18 PM

It's always risky to invest in crypto currencies. If you get to emotional, you will end up losing your patience. Just don't touch anything, sooner or later things will get back to normal.
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:00:16 PM

Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?

You are definitely new in the game. In a year you will find few times the ALTs will pump no guarantee although. I suggest do your best researching why the coins are dropping. If you find valid reasons then try to settle even in lose. If you find it's just because for the current market situation then hold.

Most of the ALTs do not have any  dollar value so they always follow the price of BTC. When BTC pumps they stay still then when BTC settles after the pump then the ALTs starts to pump and vice versa. I have seen it from my experience.

It really is your own decision what to do. Always invest that you can afford to lose. Be patience and strategic in your investment. Do not get FOMOed or run after FUD.

And by the way you are not alone. This situation is very common and will continue until Bitcoin again hits around 20k (My guess by the way)

it seems that you are not alone in facing this situation, I am too, even my friend is worse...
Lastly, know that I am still bag holding a couple of alts from last year some of which I have had for 10 months now (and don't know when I can get rid of but will wait it out).

-These are just some example picks.

XRP was a manipulated coin that is why you have lost a lot with this coin.

- I am on the same page like you. It's a centralised coin for the Banking system

Many altcoin project still have good future such as Eth, Neo, Iota, etc. So, you just need to waiting it or buying some other prospect coins that will recover your loss.
-Ada, wabi, UTK, DBC are also some good project in my opinion. Reality is except few like ETH, NEO all other coins are in relatively in deep. It's time to buy not to sell.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
JCLee

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:00:44 PM

New investors are entering the market, not much knowledge and experience will easily be affected by FOMO. If you have invested $ 11,000 in such altcoins then only hold and wait for the rates of those cryptos to recover. Tracking the index regularly, but should not sell because the seller will make sure you will suffer losses.

Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:04:25 PM

Hold is not the only option if we have experience a huge dump,  we can sell it even if we are losing ang shift into other coins.  We will think also that not all the time we gain profit, it sometimes we get loss due to the fact that market prices are still unpredictable. We should accept loses sometimes because that's the reality.
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 11:04:34 PM

Same case scenario for most in this system. Don't panic. It won't help and it may only make things worst. This is basically one of the risks included in crypto investment. But the good thing is, most coins don't remain at a low. They will eventually increase in value over time. You just need patience. And you need to learn to get a hold of yourself in situations like this. Just hold your coins. They'll get up there sooner or later.

cryptonero

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:08:21 PM

You have a bad investment because you didnt do a lot of researching before buying anything,you need to know that most of the coins the market are worthless,that is why most of the people who know are calling these altcoins worthless because thats only the truth these coins doesnt have any good use in our real life,what you can do is to avoid these coins in your way by conducting deep researching.

thebatletbet

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:09:41 PM

is the best hold long term
alternative you can cut lost and then buy another coin can fast up
maleemk

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:11:45 PM

JUST HODL

░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░
░░░░░░░░▀██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀█▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀
░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: