Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:25:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost half of my crypto amount! what to do?  (Read 10068 times)
SimplyEverything

Activity: 126
Merit: 16

Escrow

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 08:27:28 PM

I lost half the value as well, if you sell you lose, why not just hodl and find potential project that will sky rocket in the future and invest a little into it?

-Peace-
Family2930

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 08:29:03 PM

And I am too and I think every crypto coins holders are losing their money. Because we bought when the market was green and now the market is totally red. So, I think better to hold them until market green again. I will hold my coins for a long time and I will not check them  Cry

╔═██|   investaco.in   |██═════  Pre ICO : May 1st, 2018  ═╗
╚  JOIN THE NEW BREED WHO WILL INHERIT THE DIGITAL EARTH!  ╝
Abugbilla

Activity: 121
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 08:31:01 PM

Right now, the market is very bad. Almost all coins have fallen drastically. So all you can do right now is to hodl for some more time again. The coins have fallen to a very significant low right now, and will probably start rising any moment from now.
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:31:36 PM

I believe cryptocurrency has the highest risk when it comes to investing and trading a single mistake can cause regret. I will advice you to stay strong and free your mind you will be back to your balance again and get more interest just be careful and always read rules understand them before making any move. good luck!
xPASTELx

Activity: 191
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:43:36 PM
Merited by RoftheN (3)

Investing in a coin based on the success of another is the first mistake you ever did, success of BTC doesn't mean that every other coin will succeed, hope you learned a valuable lesson,  everything is however not lost yet, you can continue to hold the coins you have, as long as you haven't cashed in then there are still chances of making it

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Starts:December 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)[/center
emoji00

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:53:17 PM

You learn the lesson and next time make sure you invest more wisely and have the spirit of either selling when you should or hold for a longer time and see.
yinoye

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:20:33 PM

Experience is the beat teacher and you have learnt some lessons about investing wisely. Many people bought bitcoin and altcoins at ATH thinking that it will continue to skyrocket. It's better you hold your coins and wait for ATH
tulpash

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:00:24 PM

Experience is the beat teacher and you have learnt some lessons about investing wisely. Many people bought bitcoin and altcoins at ATH thinking that it will continue to skyrocket. It's better you hold your coins and wait for ATH
But the author of the topic has not yet lost his money until the moment he sells coins at a low price. At the moment nothing terrible has happened, except that the funds are frozen until the next increase in the price of coins.
jacquelinecr

Activity: 294
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:09:58 PM

As long as you followed the rule of investing an amount that you can afford to consider lost, then there's nothing to worry about. If there's no need for you to turn the coins into fiat, then you have not lost anything. Just hold until the market goes up again.
boyjack

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:02:23 AM

I think you hodl it longterm, the market condition everybody facing the same problem, i am also in big lose and waiting for big return, just be patient,market will recover soon, and remember investing in cryptocurrency is very risky
WickedPigeon

Activity: 345
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:34:02 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 02:58:56 AM by WickedPigeon

What sound does Crypto make when getting flushed down the toilet?
Hodl, hodl, hodl. Gone.

If the original poster should have/would have sold some (or all) when he originally posted this he would be so, so far better off. I've seen it time and time again in other markets. A trader/investor has a feeling that they should do something, like sell, and instead they freeze. The moment this trader questioned himself, so much that he posted a comment here asking advise, he should have sold at least half his holdings.

He knew it, just couldn't do it.

And to all you hodl mined traders, you've been on the wrong strategy. Time to change your plan of action.

Bitcoin - Headed a lot lower, back to the Mean
Like a lot of people on this Forum, I'm in pain right now. My gains and profits are now turning into losses - capital is vanishing, melting, gone away. And it's going to get worse. I like reading the post here, it's a good community. BUT, lots of people are going to learn a hard lesson if they are trading like they say in their posts.

I've been trading markets for 35 years - as a job - and yep, I'm an old dude. I am still a trader and an accountant for a mid-size company; stocks, bonds, funds, options, futures, forwards, and a lot of currencies (thank god we aren't in Crypto-investments at work too).
Last year was seductive, I was doing well in all the markets (equity, debt, and crypto) - 'halcyon days'.  Last year, I had profits in Crypto, I was even buying into "it will be different this time."  But this year, I now have "unrealized" losses with some serious % numbers next to them. And I'm, from what I read, I'm not alone.

There are unavoidable Truths coming, if not already here. Lots of, if not most, people will lose in Crypto/Bitcoin investing. It’s just the way of the market. Holding to the end is a sure fire way to lose. Stepping up, ending a trade that’s losing money is so, so hard to do. But right now, it’s the only right answer. Save your capital, fight another day.

Good luck
The King Fisher and Wicked Pigeon

The classics never die.. they just find new markets.

From Jean-Paul Rodrigue (2017)
Bubbles can be very damaging, especially for those who arrived late with the hope of getting something for nothing. Even if they are inflationary events, the outcome of a bubble’s blow off is very deflationary as large quantities of capital vanish in the wave of bankruptcies and financial defaults they trigger. Historically, they tended to be far in-between, but the scale and amplitude of bubbles has accelerated; web/technology stocks (deflated in 2000), real estate (deflated in 2006), commodities (deflated in 2008) and crypto-currencies such as Bitcoin (deflated in 2018).

“How did you go bankrupt?” Bill asked.

“Two ways,” Mike said. “Gradually and then suddenly.”
Ravenangel

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:49:51 AM

well regrets will not do anything to you now that its done, but all is not lost, you have learned that you cant predict the sucess of another coin based on the other, hope you wont do it again

Bitcoin to the moon
dalimex

Activity: 123

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:05:45 AM

I also experienced the same thing, so I think it is experienced by many people. If you want to patiently await the coins probably will go up again in the next few months and will definitely be very promising.
ungongbuotan

Activity: 290

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:13:22 AM

Honestly who isn't affected with this crash going right now. Everyone has loss something just like you and some have taken actions and panic selling what they had. I am highly against that action, for me there is no point on selling my coins on low just to cut my loss. I'd rather keep on holding my precious coins and keep waiting patiently for things to go up again.
fairy_fries

Activity: 357

CRYPTO ENTHUSIAST : Airdrop & Bounty Hunter

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 03:14:58 AM

I feel you. For me, if you are not in need of money that you have invested in crypto, just hodl it and forget. Then come back after a year to look into your investment. Coz at this time, you'll just get frustrated everytime you look at the prices , especially now that everything seems to be falling down. Stay away from the chart and divert your attention to something else.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:47:02 AM

I feel you. For me, if you are not in need of money that you have invested in crypto, just hodl it and forget. Then come back after a year to look into your investment. Coz at this time, you'll just get frustrated everytime you look at the prices , especially now that everything seems to be falling down. Stay away from the chart and divert your attention to something else.

I like the idea to hold it and forget and it is true because if we still get in the market, we can see the price is up and down in many times and it will make our emotion will always change. and it could make us become sad and stress because we cannot sell in the down of the price so maybe we need to leave for a while the market and do another thing that will help us to manage the emotion. many of us in the same experience and we need to control our emotion to not become frustrated.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:52:43 AM

I like the idea to hold it and forget and it is true because if we still get in the market, we can see the price is up and down in many times and it will make our emotion will always change. and it could make us become sad and stress because we cannot sell in the down of the price so maybe we need to leave for a while the market and do another thing that will help us to manage the emotion. many of us in the same experience and we need to control our emotion to not become frustrated.

that is why we should never prioritize crypto because cryptos arent going to sustain our lives better than the real jobs. And also We shouldnt put amounts that we cant afford to loose because crypto business is pretty risky than any other business. much better if we can just leave our investments for a while , so that we cant stress our selves too much .  We should only check the price chart every once or twice in a month in order to attain the best possible results and wont end up getting tempted to sell whenever you see a good increase or decrease.
juiceannabel

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:07:00 AM

gain or loss, these are normal if you want to trading. there's nothing we can do when the market is down.
do you want to sell your coins? i think it is not a good idea because the current market still red.
clavirda

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 06:51:12 PM

I am sorry to you, then many in 2017 decided to invest their money and blindly believed in a huge future. You need to make a decision based on your financial situation, if there are difficulties, then withdraw the money.
lider1971

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:21:25 PM

All who bought at the peak of boom last year are now in an exemplary position. You still have a great exposure, because you were able to survive such a time. I don't think it's worth panicking, cryptocurrency will grow soon.                     
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: