Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 12:18:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad  (Read 148394 times)
topkhai

Activity: 351
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:17:40 PM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

He answers about cryptocurrency stating
“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

I don't care what they say about cryptocurrency including bill gates: cryptocurrency is bad
for me cryptocurrency is a new technology going to change the world in the future, things will easier
is this bad, very suspicious! Roll Eyes
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:21:59 PM

Everyone has a different view, Bill Gates does not deny block chain, but at present most of the ICO project is project of fraud, it's also a fact that, so the encryption monetary value still need time to confirm.

I agree. I think Bill Gates is coming from the idea that there are so many activities and transactions regarding the cryptocurrency market that is quite unreliable, or worst, shady. Therefore, for a businessman, he would not suggest to people to follow it because it's like suggesting for them to embrace the loss and would basically put their hard earned money in danger. In any kind of business, it's your call whether you would want to take the risk in exchange for a return, so at the end of the day, it's still your call as an investor and trader.

rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:23:32 PM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

Hell yeah, and the language is an extremely dangerous because it may kill... Cash is used to resist AML and buy drugs and weapons and so on much wider! Without a doubt crypto is a risky area for investing, but it's very silly to talk about AML, terrorism in relation to crypto.
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 01:38:44 PM

Bill Gates needs another pie in the face. He should focus on making vaccines that don't cause about 50,000 cases of paralysis, like his so called "Polio Vaccine". His success comes from piggybacking Steve Job's innovations. He, Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger are all "geniuses", but when it comes to crypto they're all a bunch of "retards".

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Castlereagh

Activity: 154
Merit: 25

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:04:06 PM

It's about time for the changing of the guard isn't it? These guys, Buffet included, are absolutely pre-eminent in the "old paradigm" - but crypto is a singularity, it's an event horizon, and the rules change. Applying the old rules (no matter how successfully these guys have been doing it in the past, and they are masters) isn't going to work as we move on. Respect them, sure, - they deserve that - but know where their limits are now, and don't let them cause you FUD.
burdagol12345

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:07:56 PM

Will.everyone of us is entittled to express our own opinion,like john bill gates says about the cryptocurrency is maybe use in wrong direction,but for me if this digital currency will become regulate wordwide theres a tendency  that the use of its in illegal activities will be minimized and controlled because all the transaction in bitcoin will become visible  and no more investment will become hidden on all its transaction.
husdemba

Activity: 1302
Merit: 115

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:13:21 PM

Some of Bill Gates's ideas are true. Bitcoin should be separated from illegal transactions. It is absolutely necessary to arrange and measure.

tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:19:23 PM

Bill Gates like many other "BIG" names probably don't know very well the entire crypto world...  main feature is not privacy but the what the decentralization with blockchain can revolutionize many sectors and activity
marydale

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

Equitybase

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:27:14 PM

That's a reasonable opinion, if they just look from the bad side of crypto, but we must also consider the positive side of crypto. There are many advantages that I have felt, when wanting to send money abroad or shopping abroad by using crypto and crypto has reduced a lot of unemployment in my country. Pros and cons are always happening and dissent are natural, in the future we have to find a solution to prevent others from using crypto for illegal and unlawful acts.

I heard that Microsoft plans to build a Decentralized Digital Identity and Blockchain, read this article.
https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/enterprisemobility/2018/02/12/decentralized-digital-identities-and-blockchain-the-future-as-we-see-it/

Yes he does have a sound reason back there that we can agree. But big business tycoons may have a different view point at new technologies with a lot of support that may cripple his business. I mean, we can't rule out the fact that he may be stating those in the businessman perspective worrying bout the future of hi company.
And yes, cryptocurrencies have revolutionized the way we do transaction nowadays and it's a good thing.

equitybase (https://equitybase.co): Crypto Real Estate Exchange
Stimah22

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:29:19 PM

Cryptos market is an investment platform with its own risk and gain, so everyone should play along with the two sides of the business. however, money laundering and the rest has been the topic of discussion before cryptos was introduced. Either bad or good, cryptocurrency is gaining more popularity.
BitChief

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:31:21 PM

Cryptos market is an investment platform with its own risk and gain, so everyone should play along with the two sides of the business. however, money laundering and the rest has been the topic of discussion before cryptos was introduced. Either bad or good, cryptocurrency is gaining more popularity.

This is just the classic, I have not done my research response. People made the same kinds of ridiculous concerns around the rise of the internet, criminals are using the technology because it is better what does that tell you about cash.

GoNetWork★☆★ By the Winning Team at ETHWaterloo ★☆★GoNetWork
▬World's Largest Ethereum Hackathon▬ (https://gonetwork.co/)
felipe04

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:33:26 PM

All people are different and also have different opinion so better to listen in that ideas like if Bill Gates say about that in crypto

So if that really happen or not try always think that possibility

I think the best way if your here in crypto is do always hardwork so even digital currency not go well still you have big money

For me crypto help a lot of people all around the world in transaction and to save money in your own place even it's volatile and actually even also we can't earn here this is still good to use in a lot of things in life.
Igromania

Activity: 320

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:00:07 PM

He mentioned only bad things, but there are good things. And the comparison is stupid. the same can be said about money. money is bad because people can buy drugs for it.
btcdee

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:28:37 PM

Such ignorant comments by a person who was always at the forefront of technology. Makes me wonder if he sold out to the government.
rlclub

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:02:31 PM

I have a lot of respect for Bill Gates.  I don't think there is any disputing that the dark web is a significant negative force in the crypto world.  The community should actively support solutions, like AML / KYC measures, to counteract this in order to ensure the benefits of crypto can be enjoyed for years to come.
enkongtukmol

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:09:02 PM

every one has it's own purpose. they use it on bad thing doesn't mean all will use it in bad ways. cryptocurrency is just looking forward to the future, bill gates is just looking up for negative side doesn't mean his right.
ETHtotheMOON1

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:10:54 PM

well it's just his opinion and he is basically right that crypto can be used for illegal anonymous purchases and payments, which is not always great, especially when it comes to terrorist funding etc

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
luongdk

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:18:11 PM

I agree with you, that now cryptocurrencies are using for buying and selling drugs, guns and other prohibited items. And what else we need crypto if it's not anonymous. But the earth turns, time is going, and I think now technologies are rising. What can you say about KYC, it is everywhere, do you see?
And cryptocurriency's future is something strange for me, because how can it be, anonymous decentralized ecosystem requires verification and your personal information...
Where is the idea of anonymous? It is disapearring. It isn't correct IMHO
cryptobobo

Activity: 210

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:31:04 PM

What a worthless statement,i dont reall expect that kind of logic from a man like him,from now on i wont follow his social media accounts.Doesnt even worth it,this person clearly just believe only himself,what a selfish jerk he is morelikely getting more biased with such statement he is a man of technology but his logic seems to be outdated.

Omnopon)

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:23:22 PM

There are coins that are regulated and in fact it contradicts the principle of crypt There are many things that so far need fixing..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: