Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 05:16:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad  (Read 148404 times)
TWW

Activity: 1456
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:45:19 AM

it will be huge news if it caught up by big mainstream media...and when famous person said something about bitcoin it will affecting its price though just a little...or he just do it to buying more bitcoins like jamie dimon did...nobody knows...i cant deny his statement but in the future maybe there is a solution for that crimes
TradeCrypto

Activity: 237
Merit: 10

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:59:48 AM

The same goes for Warren Buffet. I respect their opinions but we are talking of people that have no interest in taking a deeper look in what crypto-world has to offer. I may be wrong, but they don't have a malicious intent, they simply are not fascinated by this new technology. Time will tell!
I wonder then why bitcoin payment integrated for Microsoft product purchase . And also why they backed by ethereum it’s realy not a genuine link it’s just rumour.

Adreman23

Activity: 1366
Merit: 107

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:04:28 AM

but i bought his windows for the purpose of cryptocurrency.  I am sad for his negative statement about crypto. Criminals have some many ways in order to do bad transactions even cryto disappear they continue doing bad things.

LeoEspansq

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:13:49 AM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

He answers about cryptocurrency stating
“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

Of course, this is the most unfortunate side of the crypto-currency, that anonymity is also used by unscrupulous participants. But in fact, many here for profit and interesting projects and not just for the sake of deceiving others. At least I hope so.
YS84

Activity: 159

UTEMIS| pre-ICO 15.02.2018 | +50% Bonus

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:17:56 AM

People have different mindsets. Everything has good and bad side. What we have to do is, see the its good side. However, legal actions are needed to avoid bad things.

Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 06:19:01 AM

WTF does these old men know really, they are so out of touch with the current technology. They are not even involved in their own companys anymore. If they made these statements when they were young and their technological genious were intact, it would hurt. Now its just "Meh.."
Ceballos

Activity: 621
Merit: 288

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:30:48 AM

people who are late for crypto always says that crypto currency is bad.
We heard this before from several companies and most of them started to invest in crypto. Goldman is a nice example of them.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
Zanetti83

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:53:38 AM

Well, one thing for sure, cryptocurrency still have lots of potential for growth, and while the current state already benefits small community, later on with improvements, cryptocurrency will play an important role in most of people.
OlinEmerson

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:22:09 PM

In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

ohhh!!! so a billionaire who has no problems say something about crypto i don't follow him he has his own opininon and i have my own opinion
Aaarono

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:24:02 PM

He is mainly warning about the high risks of investing in the cryptos. It's truly hard to know where is the market headed.
Kavallo

Activity: 395
Merit: 129

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:02:12 PM

I have some questions to ask from your guys. Why should we always bow down to authorities? Are you guys that meek and submissive that whatever the authorities are saying you will instantly follow without question? That is not just stupid of you. That makes all you guys like zombies, dead men walking.

I totally endorse this point of view, which is mine as well. As soon as any so-called VIP (which is perceived as an authoriy) is telling their opinion on whatever they are not particularly qualified to speak, people feel the need to take that in high consideration. So sad. So stupid. So medieval.
MashaVik

Activity: 122

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:48:12 PM

A lot of illegal use. In any field where there is money. And what he is right. But he pursues his goals. He does not care about the poverty and poverty of people, and people are looking for ways to survive or live in dignity. To give a future to their children.
Leona Lewis

Activity: 181
Merit: 5

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 05:56:37 PM

The crypto is not the mostly used way for money laundering or selling drugs. People who are interested in described illegal things, did them  even before crypto has been invented and probably continue doing that. That's why I'm not agree with Bill.

▂▂▂▂▂  E Q U I  ▂▂▂▂▂
Transforming Venture Capital
tipplelucky

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

Swaap

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:14:34 PM

I think Bill Gates is too afraid of terrorists. Cryptocurrency is just a financial instrument. Cryptocurrency is not bad and not good. It depends on the person who uses the cryptocurrency.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Walkenman

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:20:55 PM

Anonymity is good and bad. But I do not think this is the biggest problem in the crypto industry. And I very much doubt that Bill Gates, does not store in his purse several hundred bitcoins.  Grin
Rizwan Javed

Activity: 149

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:35:53 PM

Well, if Bill Gates says that cryptocurrency is bad it is his personal view and every individual has it's own personal point of view. What i think is anything that is not harmful to others cannot be bad. And so is the crypto world which doesn't seems to be harmful to anyone. Rather it is helpful to so many people as it has become a good source of income through technology.
NASer122

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

Borderless for the People, Frictionless for the Ba

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:39:14 PM

Don't listen to what others say, be unique, live your own game, and don't be manipulated by other people's minds.

T r a x i o n                              TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY        Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
GITHUB     TELEGRAM     MEDIUM     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     REDDIT     YOUTUBE
kevingreen

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:56:48 PM

Different opinions from difference people, here Bill Gate is lending his own voice but all these are personal opinions, but the truth is that cryptocurrency has come to stay, although there is need for prepare regulation on the part this industry. This will help curtail the activity of fraud stars .
jouns

Activity: 812
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:05:33 PM

He lies again. One day he said that he invented a mouse, but actually stole the idea from apple.
etin06

Activity: 285
Merit: 11

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 08:46:55 PM

I think he said that to create fud so that he can buy the dip of them and hodl for more profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: