Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:06:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DO YOU BUY WHEN THE PRICE DROPS SHARPLY ?  (Read 3980 times)
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:29:57 PM

Ever heard of the saying/advice "Don't Catch a Falling Knife" well it applies to cryptocurrencies as well. Even though it has fallen a lot there is no guarantee that when you buy it will stop falling, that is why the best way to buy is when it has bottomed out already or when it is starting to recover, yes your opportunity to buy it at its lowest price is gone but it is more safer for your capital as you are sure that it won't fall deeper than you have expected. Do not be trigger happy when seeing it crashing as there is always the perfect opportunity to buy.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
btcformula

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:38:50 PM

Your strategy is goof but also remember to Do trading patiently - This is the best strategy. Try to avoid fud news, this is the denjourus for market where suffer new invester
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:02:15 PM

You'd still need to be more careful though, but I totally relate with what you are saying. It simply makes a lot of sense to buy when there is a huge sell in the market which probably is due to panic and leads to some getting oversold, and then selling when the confidence is about gaining back or when the indicators are probably telling you it is time to move out of such market.

From the OP's strategy and the fact of believing that the value is always going to increase in the long run anyway and setting aside a part of your fund for such situation to make some good profit from that makes a lot of sense but you need to be able to discern quickly. It is more like following Buffet strategy.
Fuhre

Activity: 644
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:05:30 PM

Your IMO Be in the same boat with others, this is actually a common strategy for users. you can see the threads that before had ever made other people. Cheesy
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:13:33 PM

If I have free funds, yes.
When the price is down it's always the best time to buy because from my experinece of few years with bitcoin I know that price will go up again and I will make some money. But people very often make the terrible mistake and they start panic selling which can only make the situation worse. You just have to be patient enough but investing isn't for people who don't have enough nervs anyway.

malaj
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:15:28 PM

Good day, mates.

My strategy is to buy coins when the price drops sharply.

Sometimes I fail, because the price drops more than I expected.

But, to prevent this worse situation, I put 30% of my budget at the time of initial investment.
If the price getting down again, I put 30% more.

With this strategy, I am getting some money so far.

In conclusion, I recommend you guys to buy coins when they drops rapidly.
After sharp drop, there should be sharp rising.  Cool
You can do that as long as you understand how the market works, I think you can always add some spice to that strategy buying while the price is dropping and keep anticipating that the value will still possible to drop more, keep buying in the blood market then keep holding then wait until you find the suitable
value to sell with your earnings.
inskraer

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:22:13 PM

Good strategy. I purchase when price sharply drops and selling on high price. I always leave 30% for emergency purchase of coins on the bottom
Manchumichael

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:24:57 PM

If I have free funds, yes.
When the price is down it's always the best time to buy because from my experinece of few years with bitcoin I know that price will go up again and I will make some money. But people very often make the terrible mistake and they start panic selling which can only make the situation worse. You just have to be patient enough but investing isn't for people who don't have enough nervs anyway.
People who have experience in this field they actually use this opertunity and buy more coins when the prices are dropping. people who don't have the experience in this field they will do mistakes and do panic sell. according to me, price fall is an advantage for us.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2436
Merit: 272

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:26:08 PM

Ever heard of the saying/advice "Don't Catch a Falling Knife" well it applies to cryptocurrencies as well. Even though it has fallen a lot there is no guarantee that when you buy it will stop falling, that is why the best way to buy is when it has bottomed out already or when it is starting to recover, yes your opportunity to buy it at its lowest price is gone but it is more safer for your capital as you are sure that it won't fall deeper than you have expected. Do not be trigger happy when seeing it crashing as there is always the perfect opportunity to buy.
I never heard that advice before but you are right.

We don't have to but when the prices are falling the best state to buy the crypto currencies when it starts to recover so the chance of getting fall again is less when compared to the sharply falling coin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
btc_angela

Activity: 2646
Merit: 549

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:11:49 PM

Good day, mates.

My strategy is to buy coins when the price drops sharply.

Sometimes I fail, because the price drops more than I expected.

But, to prevent this worse situation, I put 30% of my budget at the time of initial investment.
If the price getting down again, I put 30% more.

With this strategy, I am getting some money so far.

In conclusion, I recommend you guys to buy coins when they drops rapidly.
After sharp drop, there should be sharp rising.  Cool

Definitely a good advise because I do that myself. No one can tell what is the bottom price, so you have to do like some testing. Buy what you think is the bottom, then if the price goes deep again, but it more.

And I don't think that there is something special, its been proven already but a lot of members here that's why I try to adapt it myself.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:21:06 PM

that is a super high risk strategy in my opinion. it may work but the chance of failure in such strategies are always much higher.

what you can do in case you wanted to stick to this strategy is to take some additional steps. for example see why the coin had such a sharp drop. for example if it is bitcoin you are talking about, a sharp drop can be because of some temporary panic sell or manipulation and you can be sure that it will reverse up because bitcoin adoption is not going anywhere and it has a good potential.
but if an altcoin, like one of those useless junks is dropping then it may be because it is on the track to the graveyard. so buying such coins means suicide!

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
kukelka

Activity: 186
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:26:59 PM

You should consider few things. first is coin daily volume.  If it's just 10btc or 20btc, its very risky to trade with such coin, if the daily volume is 100btc, its another talk and this is good indicator. Also, if the price drop's, you need to check the chart and see if it drops naturally and slow or if the panic happened. I would buy only if the price dropped but if dropping was fast and because of panic, this way buyers will hit and price will recover. Layering buys also very important. Because you could buy if the price drops 10%, but if you dont buy again if the price drops 20% or 30%, you could be stuck in your position. If you layer your buys, but not start layering too soon, you could save your ass. Also, I advise to trade with 10% of your bankroll.
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:29:30 PM

There are a lot of dependencies when it comes down to buying in when the price drops sharply, the first and foremost factor being the resilience of the token at question. Taking Bitcoin or Ethereum as an example, bearish periods are always overturned by eventual corrections and it happens real quick. The rebound in price should have great impact, nullifying the red zone and progressing towards a bull market. Only then will I be convinced to buy during sharp drops while being highly selective with tokens.
kyori

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

DECENTRALIZED CLOUD SERVICES

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:47:17 PM

No, I do not because I always do buy high sell low instead of buy low sell high, I cannot really control my emotions when market is dropping and I cannot help myself.

⚡️ IAGON — WE REVOLUTIONIZE THE CLOUD ⚡️ | TOKEN SALE | DISCUSSION |
BitcoinBallerina

Activity: 308

Presale is live!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:55:12 PM

Yes yes yes. I buy as much as possible, maybe I bought too much.  Not much fiat left, time to go up again..

Please bull market return, I beg of you. With bitcoin its always a good idea, with other things not so sure.

candy69

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:59:42 PM

I think crypto investors should buy when the price drops. I have squandered a lot of opportunities before and I don't want to miss any opportunity in future.
tech72

Activity: 427

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 03:32:48 PM

I check for the news that is causing the dip. If the coin is on exchange and if the news is of it being delisted then I wait for upto 50-60% dip, buy, wait for pump and sell. In certain cases the dip is due to coin coming out as scam, so no point in buying then. In other cases altcoins only dip when BTC is rising or falling too quickly, so wait for a real good average price to get into game.

Buying Instagram followers from Zeru.com was a smart move. Real profiles, quick delivery, and an organic boost to my presence. Fantastic service, highly satisfied.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. Bought Instagram followers, and my profile skyrocketed. Genuine engagement, prompt delivery—best investment in my online presence.
Absolutely thrilled with Zeru.com. Purchased Instagram followers, and the results are phenomenal. Authentic growth, reliable service, and exceptional customer support. Highly recommend.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Acquired Instagram followers, and my influence soared. Organic engagement, instant delivery, and excellent customer service. Truly satisfied with the results.
Zeru.com delivered real YouTube subscribers, skyrocketing my channel's success. Trustworthy, efficient, and effective. The best investment for content creators.
Incredible service from Zeru.com. The Instagram likes I purchased were delivered instantly, boosting my online presence. Highly recommended for influencers.
Phenomenal experience with Zeru.com. Bought YouTube views and witnessed instant growth. Authentic engagement, timely delivery, and top-notch customer service. Absolutely satisfied.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Buying Twitter followers from them boosted my online presence. Authenticity, quick delivery, and stellar customer service – a winning combination for social media success.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Facebook likes purchase led to enhanced visibility. Trustworthy, efficient, and a game-changer for anyone aiming to boost social media presence.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Increased my Instagram views instantly. Quality service, quick results, and their team ensures satisfaction. A reliable choice.
Impressed with Zeru.com prompt service and genuine YouTube likes. Increased engagement and visibility have skyrocketed my channel's success. Highly recommend.
Buying Facebook followers from Zeru.com was a game-changer. Authentic profiles, quick delivery, and excellent customer support. Highly recommended for growth. 5/5 Stars rating.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. The TikTok followers I bought were high-quality, instantly elevating my content and giving my profile the attention it deserves.
Zeru.com delivers TikTok likes that matter. Genuine engagement, instant credibility, and a noticeable spike in my video views. An absolute game-changer.
Zeru.com
SocialMediaPanel.com is my trusted partner for social growth. Their SMM Panel, Social Media Panel, delivers authentic social media engagement, boosting my online presence effectively.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:46:18 PM

Yes, I always try to buy the dips. The hardest thing about buying the dips is trying to predict the bottom, if you are too indecisive and decide to wait for the price to keep tanking it recovers and you are regret not buying.
Simply just buy it step by step, don't be greedy, don't put your money all at once, it's Often happens to every single person who for the first time try this method. You need to becareful and patient otherwise your target to chase the dips ended up with a mistake to cut the loss when it's actually ready to recovering.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
ksiazek7

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:54:23 PM

To lessen the risk you could cost average your purchases when you buy on a extreme dip like you are saying.  If you don't know what this is I'll give a short explanation.  Only buy 50% of what you want to spend on the big dip wait a little bit and then invest the rest. It's just a good tactic overall to lessen the risk on a risky move.

A T O M Z  ǁ  Cryptocurrency Investing Done Easy
▔▔▔▔▔▔  ❨❨   Token Sale Starts Soon   ❩❩  ▔▔▔▔▔▔
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:10:35 PM

No, I do not because I always do buy high sell low instead of buy low sell high, I cannot really control my emotions when market is dropping and I cannot help myself.
That's the problem you rule first the emotions when you are in buying and selling coins. Your style of buying high and selling low definitely not a good to adopt because this is a totally a big lose of money. Control your emotions and dont panic when market is dropping instead buy as much as possible as much as you can afford. Price will reoccur to a higher value though we cant predict when but it will take place.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: