Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:10:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Nxt :: descendant of Bitcoin  (Read 383809 times)
freshman777

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2016, 12:46:41 PM

I'm trying to get my head around the new developments with NXT.

• Which wallet is it best to store NXT to get Ardor: the version 1.9.2 wallet, an online wallet, the lite wallet, the browser wallet, or a wallet on an exchange?
  • Will all these wallets work to receive the maximum rewards?
  • Do the wallets work like POS where you have to synch to get the 'snapshot' rewards?
  • How will you receive Ardor?
  • Will it be sent to your NXT wallet, or will you have to claim it from an exchange?
  • Will you have to create a separate wallet for Ardor?

Thanks.

Choices from most safe to least safe:

version 1.9.2 Core wallet -> web wallet like https://wallet.mynxt.info -> wallet on an exchange
Thanks MrCluster87 and freshman777. I became very interested in NXT after reading this CoinTelgraph article which was published a few hours ago:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/nxtardor-platform-to-make-blockchain-cheaper-and-safer

At this moment I'm synching the NRS Version 1.9.2 wallet after installing Java on my 64-bit Windows 7 computer, which you have to do to run the NXT wallet. It looked technical at first, but I found it very easy in the end. Links to the Java and the 1.9.2 wallet are on the NXT website as MrCluster87 has pointed out:  https://nxt.org/download/

I'm assuming that it is the same NRS Version 1.9.2 wallet downloadable from other sites that freshman777 gave the link to:  https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-9-2/

NXT works a little bit differently to the QT wallets I'm used to. NXT has a server which works in the background in addition to the wallet. The server doesn't seem to take up too many resources and is automatically installed. It synchs the wallet in the background. The wallet updates whether it is open, or closed.

Your address for receiving NXT is your account number and is comprised of 5 blocks of characters separated by hyphens looking like this: NXT-****-****-****-*****.  When you Withdraw NXT from an exchange there is an extra window for a 'message' and I think you have to put your public key there. The account number and public key are given to you upfront when you open an account (when first opening a wallet).

If the blockchain is slow to download, use the zip file from peerexplorer.com
QT bitcoin like wallets also have the server and the client parts, they are just packaged together in one QT binary, invisible to the user.
You haven't asked any questions, I am assuming you're just describing what you see, feel free to ask questions Smiley

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
AforAmethyst

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 12:31:59 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2016, 11:40:23 AM by AforAmethyst

Yes. I have a question. Step-by-step, how do you install the zip bootstrap blockchain to save time?

After just a day and a bit of downloading the NXT blockchain I'm up to 12/02/2016 with another 25% to go approx. That's not too bad. With another coin of a similar age it took me the best part of 8 days to fully download it. Knowing how to use the NXT bootstrap would be useful if I have to install the wallet on another computer.
AforAmethyst

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 10:29:24 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2016, 01:11:29 PM by AforAmethyst

I downloaded the full NXT blockchain from scratch in less than 2 days. Not bad. Better than expected.  Smiley
I might try the short-cut, zip bootstrap blockchain next time: peerexplorer.com

Now that I'm getting used to the NXT NRS 1.9.2 Core wallet I like it. https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-9-2/ It gives you an update on how much Ardor you have and can expect at the end of the qualifying period in October. I notice that I can also start forging NXT after 1440 block confirmations, which doesn't take long to clock up. Forging?  I like the term 'minting' better!

As an experiment, I've installed the online wallet on another computer. It looks well thought out and works great with most of the functionality of the core wallet. Qualifies for Ardor crediting. No messing around with downloading blockchains. This could be the favoured option amongst new and mobile users who want instant access to the advantages of NXT without too much hassle.
Online wallet:  https://wallet.mynxt.info

How come I've not been aware before of the remarkable advances made by the NXT developers? An exchange within a wallet. The ability to change crypto into fiat and vice versa. The ability to sell anything under the sun. The wallet functionality. I must say that the marketing of NXT has not matched the technical innovation and achievement.

I only became NXT aware after reading this recent CoinTelegraph article: https://cointelegraph.com/news/nxtardor-platform-to-make-blockchain-cheaper-and-safer

Check out these forums where the main thrust of new NXT and Ardor are being discussed:
https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-9-2/
https://nxtforum.org/core-development-announcements/(ann)-ardor-or-nxt-2-0-a-scalable-child-chain-platform/    also check out:
https://www.ardorplatform.org/
 ... and clock up free Ardor, credited to you daily until 12th October, by simply holding NXT in your wallet - desktop, online, Bittrex, Poloniex, or BTC38.
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 09:51:53 AM

Check out the presentation from last week from Lior Yaffe (username Riker).
He's one of the core developers of Nxt/Ardor and he talks about the future.

https://youtu.be/soHe4UMyCCk

Slides: https://bitcoil.co.il/files/Advanced.Concepts.in.Blockchain.Design.pptx and http://prezi.com/x8jyard5-h51/

Filmed during Israel Bitcoin Meetup in Tel Aviv on 27 July 2016
freshman777

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 07:48:14 PM

1/4 of all ARDOR tokens have been distributed tonight.
Can still get in the action for the remainder 75% of tokens.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
Couldbe

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 01:05:59 PM

I've invested in Nxt. There has been a massive amount of Nxt bought and sold in the last week or so. Some of the whales will have been credited with large quantities of Ardor for holding for just a few days and then will have sold while Nxt is at a high point. Evidence of that happening now can be seen in the price stall and drop.

The rest of us won't get anywhere near the same amounts of Ardor as we hold it up to 12th October, assuming that there is any Ardor left. We could soon be playing with coins that have been credited with Ardor several times over and no longer function to create Ardor credits since only so many are available. From comments I've read on exchange chat boxes, by the 12th Oct there will have been a massive dump and the price of Nxt will be next to nothing as Ardor takes over.

I'll put it straight. I'm turned off by spin. I'm not interested in watching long videos telling me how Nxt works and how POS works. Knowing that it does work is good enough for me. I get suspicious when I hear that Damelon planned to throw the towel in after three years if things didn't prove profitable - it's three years now. I don't like to hear words like wait till 2017 and trust that things will be alright.

What I would like to hear is news of what is in place now like apps that businesses and others can use. If I hear the right things I might decide to hold a while. Otherwise I will dump well before the 12th October to avoid the stampede.

freshman777

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 02:01:18 PM

I've invested in Nxt. There has been a massive amount of Nxt bought and sold in the last week or so. Some of the whales will have been credited with large quantities of Ardor for holding for just a few days and then will have sold while Nxt is at a high point. Evidence of that happening now can be seen in the price stall and drop.

The rest of us won't get anywhere near the same amounts of Ardor as we hold it up to 12th October, assuming that there is any Ardor left. We could soon be playing with coins that have been credited with Ardor several times over and no longer function to create Ardor credits since only so many are available. From comments I've read on exchange chat boxes, by the 12th Oct there will have been a massive dump and the price of Nxt will be next to nothing as Ardor takes over.

I'll put it straight. I'm turned off by spin. I'm not interested in watching long videos telling me how Nxt works and how POS works. Knowing that it does work is good enough for me. I get suspicious when I hear that Damelon planned to throw the towel in after three years if things didn't prove profitable - it's three years now. I don't like to hear words like wait till 2017 and trust that things will be alright.

What I would like to hear is news of what is in place now like apps that businesses and others can use. If I hear the right things I might decide to hold a while. Otherwise I will dump well before the 12th October to avoid the stampede.

I don't understand what you're ranting about. The whales always do whale things. As long as we small holders hold our coins, we get Ardor tokens proportionately to our balances. The Nxt 1.0 is a working project, it has loads of functionality other alts could only dream of. The roadmap of Nxt 2.0 is clearcut, the goals are written and devs are working to implement them. What is your complaint exactly? Don't want to wait for a year or more when Nxt 2.0 is launched? You should sell as soon as you're not comfortable holding it. It's the best anyone can tell you. Nobody is going to push you to hold it if you're not convinced. Nobody knows what will happen to the price. I heard that Damelon recently resigned from his regular day job and went all in to work on Nxt, the rumor of him quitting Nxt is absolutely baseless.

TL;DR
You should dump as soon as you stop believing in this technology.
If you never believed in this technology in the first place, you shouldn't have bought.

Couldbe

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 02:45:48 PM

I don't understand what you're ranting about. The whales always do whale things. As long as we small holders hold our coins, we get Ardor tokens proportionately to our balances. The Nxt 1.0 is a working project, it has loads of functionality other alts could only dream of. The roadmap of Nxt 2.0 is clearcut, the goals are written and devs are working to implement them. What is your complaint exactly? Don't want to wait for a year or more when Nxt 2.0 is launched? You should sell as soon as you're not comfortable holding it. It's the best anyone can tell you. Nobody is going to push you to hold it if you're not convinced. Nobody knows what will happen to the price. I heard that Damelon recently resigned from his regular day job and went all in to work on Nxt, the rumor of him quitting Nxt is absolutely baseless.

TL;DR
You should dump as soon as you stop believing in this technology.
If you never believed in this technology in the first place, you shouldn't have bought.

Perhaps you don't understand written English. There was nothing in your posted reply that was of any real substance.

1)  I am quite happy with my investment with Nxt for which I am receiving daily Ardor. I am not making a complaint. I don't have to believe in the technology to make a short term investment decision. My current strategy is to hold until an opportune time to dump. I will have a reasonable chunk of Ardor and will have hoped to have sold Nxt at a premium price. Surely you don't dispute that the price of Nxt will plummet as 12th Oct is reached?

2)  You say that the "rumor" that Damelon could quit Nxt is "absolutely" baseless. What a cretinous statement to make. It wasn't a rumour. It came from Damelon's own mouth in the youTube video you can access here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzt59pkBYnU&feature=youtu.be

The question I ask you is what happens if Nxt and Ardor flop? While Nxt has achieved a lot of things, it has been caught out with the rise of and stiff competition from Ethereum and LISK.

3)  Unlike you it seems, I do my research. Nxt has caught my attention, but I'm not convinced in the long term. If you had the gumption to read between my lines it is quite possible to conclude that I might be trying to provoke someone to come forward to give me a reason to believe.

As it stands now, I certainly don't need a moron like you to tell me when to sell, thank you very much.

freshman777

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 02:54:10 PM

No, you ARE complaining. About lack of reasons to believe in your investment and looking for someone to hold your hand and help you walk. Your insecurity is revealed in insults which I am not going to answer. Man up and learn to take a risk. If it was easy and risk-free, everyone could do it. This investment is testing if YOU can do it.

The price is falling. Don't wait for Oct 12th, sell now. It may be late in October.

Couldbe

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 03:08:06 PM

No, you ARE complaining. About lack of reasons to believe in your investment and looking for someone to hold your hand and help you walk. Your insecurity is revealed in insults which I am not going to answer. Man up and learn to take a risk. If it was easy and risk-free, everyone could do it. This investment is testing if YOU can do it.

The price is falling. Don't wait for Oct 12th, sell now. It may be late in October.

Don't you worry, my eye is firmly fixed to the price

Please read my simple words written in plain English in the context they are written. You insult me by coming to your own inept conclusions. Don't complain if I apportion you with the same level of respect. Too many people in this world twist words to suit their own ends. How many times do I have to say I'm not complaining.

Only idiots take risks for risks sake. My visit to this thread is partly a fishing expedition. Please accept my personal estimation of you, which you term an insult, as a term of endearment if it makes you feel any better. Now fuck off and do something useful.
freshman777

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 03:12:25 PM

Please read my simple words written in plain English in the context they are written. You insult me by coming to your own inept conclusions. Don't complain if I apportion you with the same level of respect. Too many people in this world twist words to suit their own ends. How many times do I have to say I'm not complaining.

Only idiots take risks for risks sake. My visit to this thread is partly a fishing expedition. Please accept my personal estimation of you, which you term an insult, as a term of endearment if it makes you feel any better. Now fuck off and do something useful.

The pleasure was mine. And welcome to Nxt Cheesy

LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 10:55:14 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2016, 07:16:24 PM by LitcoinCollector

Just made an Ardor post on Steemit. Feel free to make a comment.
https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@scrypt/get-free-ardor-tokens-now-ardor-nxt-2-0
freshman777

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2016, 05:43:04 AM

2/3 of Ardor tokens remain up for grabs.

violet.project

Activity: 98
Merit: 24

Fras Coin - Customer Service

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 07:36:14 PM

NXT is one of the best, still survive after long, and do not scam, proving bcnext is awesome
also jeanLuc and lior is cool developer

rare and the best honorable developer

btw, when we will name fnx? also snapshot periode?

farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 07:48:45 PM

NXT is one of the best, still survive after long, and do not scam, proving bcnext is awesome
also jeanLuc and lior is cool developer

rare and the best honorable developer

btw, when we will name fnx? also snapshot periode?

You can vote with you NXT on the Nxt Blockchain: https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/blockchain-vote-pick-your-choice-for-the-1st-child-chain-for-ardor/ #decentralization
revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 12:45:08 PM

Hyperledger Has Grown 170% This Past Year, Says Project Team

https://news.bitcoin.com/hyperledger-project-grown-170-year/

..................The latest members to join the initiative include Samsung SDS, Union Mobile Pay, Netki and the NxT Foundation. .............................
AforAmethyst

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 07:42:52 PM

I have a main core NXT wallet with a predicted amount of Ardor due to me on 12th Oct.

• How will that Ardor be credited to me when the time comes?
  • Will it appear in my NXT wallet?
  • Will my NXT wallet be able to do the necessary processing?

I assume I will have to install an Ardor wallet to transfer Ardor tokens over to.
xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 10:25:24 PM

i think you will get the ARDOR tokens as NXT asset in your wallet after the snapshot period till NXT 2.0 is live.
in the meantime you are able to trade the ARDOR tokens on the NXT asset exchange.

I have a main core NXT wallet with a predicted amount of Ardor due to me on 12th Oct.

• How will that Ardor be credited to me when the time comes?
  • Will it appear in my NXT wallet?
  • Will my NXT wallet be able to do the necessary processing?

I assume I will have to install an Ardor wallet to transfer Ardor tokens over to.
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 08:48:58 AM

NXT is low now because of the interest in anon coins at the moment. This is a good chance to accumulate cheap NXT now that price is cheap.
Ardor will be distributed to NXT owners on the next month. I am sure people will rush to grab NXT during the last few weeks before the deadline.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
cryptospreader

Activity: 504

askNFTY Team Account

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2016, 09:01:45 AM

NXT is low now because of the interest in anon coins at the moment. This is a good chance to accumulate cheap NXT now that price is cheap.
Ardor will be distributed to NXT owners on the next month. I am sure people will rush to grab NXT during the last few weeks before the deadline.

Yes it is good to accumulate more NXT now. However, you can spread low buy orders in the market to acquire more. Good luck.
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: