Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:46:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Nxt :: descendant of Bitcoin  (Read 383786 times)
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 04:20:26 AM

Been a while since I have followed this, but to be clear, if we have been keeping nxt in our wallet I assume we have been accumulating ardor tokens... but if we decide to sell our nxt before the release date, we just lose whatever we would have been accumulated from that pt to release date, correct?

Basically asking, if we held for a month or two, then sold, we still get ardor for holding for that month or two,  even if we no longer have nxt in our wallets?
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
freshman777

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 07:22:01 AM

Been a while since I have followed this, but to be clear, if we have been keeping nxt in our wallet I assume we have been accumulating ardor tokens... but if we decide to sell our nxt before the release date, we just lose whatever we would have been accumulated from that pt to release date, correct?

Basically asking, if we held for a month or two, then sold, we still get ardor for holding for that month or two,  even if we no longer have nxt in our wallets?

Correct.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
ipsec

Activity: 584

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 03:08:26 PM

Heh NTX will going to 1k Cheesy
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 03:19:27 PM

question......I am actually running BurstCoin, which is a NXT off chain and I cannot find a nice way to shutdown the NXT client/daemon when needed.  If it shuts down wrong, then most of the time the DB has to be dropped back in before it will run again.  The console is too quick and gone for real info and the logs are pretty much useless, no what the settings for logging are.   The actual NXT software is started from within the BURST java and I do not have the time to pick through all of that.  The batch file that starts it all is

Code:
start "BURST" "%%~$path:f" -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt

of course on the server setup we have the PATH set so the parsed code would be

Code:
start "BURST" java.exe -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt

A few seconds later a console pops and the NXT code go forward.  If it works right, the windows stays there, if not, the console closes and the error is barely seen.....I catch an unknown in parentheses....then it is gone.... the NXT log files is nothing different than a normal run.     To find the point where NXT is started and add a pause at the end will mean tearing into the burst.jar and finding what happens.  I extracted it and it is pretty deep...not even sure where to start looking in that code. 

So, question is this, you open a console and start NXT running...it is going along fine and you want to kill it.  CTRL+C works 90%, shutting the console windows is pretty bad, around 30%, Task Manager is not a pretty way to go, same as closing the window and gets a 35% success rate.  That code line above uses java.exe. loading burst.jar as a lib and referring to an entry point defined in nxt.Nxt within that lib, yes?

I have seen a launch method for Java that involves a start and stop key, basically passwords in a way and the java program or script is sent to a local TCP port that is not being used. 

yeah, tried that method and nothing seems to come of the stop script, lol

Perhaps with that as a base for a search you can get further than I did.  That might even give you, with some modification, the ability to stop the thread from outside of the server without fully logging in, not sure, but if it is port based, then a trigger might be worked in, just a thought.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
AforAmethyst

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 06:37:22 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2016, 07:15:32 PM by AforAmethyst

HELP!
I installed a new NXT wallet on my desktop near the end of July, just a couple of months ago. It was NRS version 1.9.2 and I really liked the look and all the things you could do with it. I am now getting a message in red next to the version number saying Outdated!

What should I do? I have transferred NXT over to an online wallet for safe keeping some time ago. I still have Ardor potential credits in the NRS 1.9.2 wallet that have not matured yet. Will I have to install a new wallet and transfer Ardor over when the tokens appear on 12th October as a matter of urgency, or could I do it later ... say in November?
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 08:55:31 PM

HELP!
I installed a new NXT wallet on my desktop near the end of July, just a couple of months ago. It was NRS version 1.9.2 and I really liked the look and all the things you could do with it. I am now getting a message in red next to the version number saying Outdated!

What should I do? I have transferred NXT over to an online wallet for safe keeping some time ago. I still have Ardor potential credits in the NRS 1.9.2 wallet that have not matured yet. Will I have to install a new wallet and transfer Ardor over when the tokens appear on 12th October as a matter of urgency, or could I do it later ... say in November?

The Ardor distribution is working on account level. It doesn't matter if you are outdated. Just update and see the amount of Ardor you will get.

https://nxt.org
AforAmethyst

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 10:39:56 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2016, 12:07:37 AM by AforAmethyst

HELP!

The Ardor distribution is working on account level. It doesn't matter if you are outdated. Just update and see the amount of Ardor you will get.

Thanks! ;-)

One question though: How do you update? I read on the 2.1.0 page that people were having all kinds of trouble doing it.

Another question: Could I take my old wallet account over in some way, using the online MyNxt wallet?
freshman777

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 06:53:23 AM

HELP!

Thanks! ;-)

One question though: How do you update? I read on the 2.1.0 page that people were having all kinds of trouble doing it.

Another question: Could I take my old wallet account over in some way, using the online MyNxt wallet?

This release adds transaction replay protection, to be enabled at the hard fork
scheduled for block 1,000,000. Upgrading to 1.10.1 or later before that block
is mandatory for all.

You must upgrade to 1.10.1-1.10.2 or transfer your coins to mynxt.info web wallet, before October 12.
If you try to use 1.9.2 in November - your transactions will probably not be accepted by the network. Upgrade before October 12 and transfer at your convenience then, or transfer to the web wallet with 1.9.2 before October 12.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1159

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 07:24:55 AM

question......I am actually running BurstCoin, which is a NXT off chain and I cannot find a nice way to shutdown the NXT client/daemon when needed.  If it shuts down wrong, then most of the time the DB has to be dropped back in before it will run again.  The console is too quick and gone for real info and the logs are pretty much useless, no what the settings for logging are.   The actual NXT software is started from within the BURST java and I do not have the time to pick through all of that.  The batch file that starts it all is

Code:
start "BURST" "%%~$path:f" -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt

of course on the server setup we have the PATH set so the parsed code would be

Code:
start "BURST" java.exe -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt

A few seconds later a console pops and the NXT code go forward.  If it works right, the windows stays there, if not, the console closes and the error is barely seen.....I catch an unknown in parentheses....then it is gone.... the NXT log files is nothing different than a normal run.     To find the point where NXT is started and add a pause at the end will mean tearing into the burst.jar and finding what happens.  I extracted it and it is pretty deep...not even sure where to start looking in that code. 

So, question is this, you open a console and start NXT running...it is going along fine and you want to kill it.  CTRL+C works 90%, shutting the console windows is pretty bad, around 30%, Task Manager is not a pretty way to go, same as closing the window and gets a 35% success rate.  That code line above uses java.exe. loading burst.jar as a lib and referring to an entry point defined in nxt.Nxt within that lib, yes?

I have seen a launch method for Java that involves a start and stop key, basically passwords in a way and the java program or script is sent to a local TCP port that is not being used. 

The script is running and then you can send a stop request to the same program with a similar command ? Is it ?

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
ipsec

Activity: 584

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 07:30:59 AM

Well
I installed mynxtwallet  from google store on my phone . After send in this wallet first transfer 7k NTX i have information :
"Error retrieving balance from server Please try again"
This error ist still after  refresh.
Balance value=0 but NXT balance= 7,036.08

AforAmethyst

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 09:29:54 AM

HELP!

Thanks! ;-)

This release adds transaction replay protection, to be enabled at the hard fork
scheduled for block 1,000,000. Upgrading to 1.10.1 or later before that block
is mandatory for all.

You must upgrade to 1.10.1-1.10.2 or transfer your coins to mynxt.info web wallet, before October 12.
If you try to use 1.9.2 in November - your transactions will probably not be accepted by the network. Upgrade before October 12 and transfer at your convenience then, or transfer to the web wallet with 1.9.2 before October 12.

Thanks Freshman. Apologies for being a NXT newbie. I've already transferred my NXT amount to my MyNext.info web wallet for safe-keeping. However, the Ardor credits I've acculmulated is stranded in my old wallet. Is it possible to transfer that to the web wallet before 12th October?

I don't know how to upgrade
either and couldn't find anything about it on the NXT website. That's my dilemma!   Smiley
freshman777

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 09:44:24 AM

Thanks Freshman. Apologies for being a NXT newbie. I've already transferred my NXT amount to my MyNext.info web wallet for safe-keeping. However, the Ardor credits I've acculmulated is stranded in my old wallet. Is it possible to transfer that to the web wallet before 12th October?

either and couldn't find anything about it on the NXT website. That's my dilemma!   Smiley

You can't move Ardor credits before October 12th, they'll be unfrozen on that date together with the hard fork, after which you can only use 1.10.1+ to make transfers.

So you might have to upgrade from 1.9.2 anyway. If you're on windows, you should be able to just download and click .exe file and it'll install/update everything.
https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-10-2/

Don't be afraid to delete anything accidentally. Nxt doesn't have wallet files stored on the computer, you must remember your passphrase, that's all. Don't forget the passphrase though.

If something goes wrong with the upgrade, simply delete all folders related to Nxt which you can find using windows search facility and install 1.10.2 again from scratch. You'll be able to use in instantly in the Roaming Client mode, see your balance and make transfers, while blockchain is slowly downloading in the background.

AforAmethyst

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 12:07:59 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2016, 12:25:37 PM by AforAmethyst

You can't move Ardor credits before October 12th, they'll be unfrozen on that date together with the hard fork, after which you can only use 1.10.1+ to make transfers.

So you might have to upgrade from 1.9.2 anyway. If you're on windows, you should be able to just download and click .exe file and it'll install/update everything.
https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-10-2/

Don't be afraid to delete anything accidentally. Nxt doesn't have wallet files stored on the computer, you must remember your passphrase, that's all. Don't forget the passphrase though.

If something goes wrong with the upgrade, simply delete all folders related to Nxt which you can find using windows search facility and install 1.10.2 again from scratch. You'll be able to use in instantly in the Roaming Client mode, see your balance and make transfers, while blockchain is slowly downloading in the background.

UPGRADE SUCCESSFUL!  Thanks!  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley     Cool

For NXT newbies like myself I'm giving a map of how I did it below. I hope this isn't going to be too long-winded.

HOW TO UPGRADE A NXT DESKTOP WALLET

Here are the steps I took (from memory):

1)  I went to the 1.10.2 website https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-10-2/ and downloaded the SHA-512 flavour of 1.10.2. I chose SHA-512 because it runs faster on 64-bit machines, like the one I have. If you have a 32-bit machine it would seem that the SHA-256 .exe file would be the one for you.

2)  The 1.10.2 .zip file was downloaded to a folder on my desktop. I unzipped into that folder, but I couldn't see an obvious .exe file. I then copied the .zip file, and unzipped and pasted it directly to my desktop. Again, I couldn't see any obvious way forward.

3)  I opened my wallet to fully download the blockchain before going any further with the installation. When the blockckchain was downloaded I noticed something different. The NRS version number at the top right was activated as a roll-over hyperlink.

4)  I clicked on the hyperlink highlighting "NRS 1.9.2 Outdated!"

5)  A box opened up signposting me to update by clicking on the message.

6)  After clicking a browser window opened up and I located the installation button for 1.10.2 by navigating to it on my desktop and clicked on it. I hadn't noticed it before. Within a few seconds my wallet confirmed that the 1.10.2 download was correct and had the right hash.

7)  Nothing more happened, so I closed the wallet and clicked on the installation button for 1.10.2. It told me that there were existing files on my computer (from my old installation) and did I want to overwrite them. I said YES.

Cool  NRS version 1.10.2 was installed automatically.

9)  I opened my wallet using the new NXT server icon and put in my wallet ID in the box provided.

10) When my wallet opened I was pleased to see that it had been updated. No waiting. In the top right hand corner it said "NRS version 1.10.2" and the outdated warning had disappeared. All my Ardor credits were intact. I had earlier transferred my NXT over to an online MyNxt.info online wallet for safe-keeping.  Smiley

As mentioned before, the steps are from memory so bear that in mind, but I think they are a reasonably accurate log of what I did. Maybe someone could come along, polish and add to my crude efforts and put it on the opening page to guide other NXT newbies on upgrading their wallets.

I had originally accessed my wallet using the NXT server icon to open it. As a test I opened another desktop wallet I have (with nothing in it) using the wallet icon. It too had updated, so I am very pleased and thankful for the help others have generously given me.

It must be noted that wallet version 1.9.2 and lower must be updated to 1.10.2 before 12th October
Anduril_FotW

Activity: 413

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 02:38:34 PM

Hi guys, I'm having trouble logging into my online NXT wallet at mynxt.info (https://wallet.mynxt.info/)

I just tried to log on to my online NXT wallet, but this doesn't work anymore from any browser I try.
What happens is the following:
- I enter my email and password
- I enter my 2FA code

Then nothing happens and I'm back to the log in page again.

When I re-enter my credentials the same thing happens and I stay on the same page.

I already emailed support about this, but is anybody else also experiencing this ?
Thanks for your help

"The Blade that was Broken shines again!"
Dave-ja-vu

Activity: 86

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 06:17:16 PM

Hi guys, I'm having trouble logging into my online NXT wallet at mynxt.info (https://wallet.mynxt.info/)

I just tried to log on to my online NXT wallet, but this doesn't work anymore from any browser I try.
- I enter my 2FA code

When I re-enter my credentials the same thing happens and I stay on the same page.

I already emailed support about this, but is anybody else also experiencing this ?
Thanks for your help

Well, up to now, no one seems to be having your trouble. My mynxt.info online wallet is working fine and giving me a running commentary on all the Ardor I'm acculmulating. Anyone else having trouble?

I note your recent negative posts on the Lisk and Startcoin threads amongst others. You wouldn't be FUDing by any chance would you?
GrossBit

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 03:07:16 AM

who is still owning NXT ?

this coin is falling like a stone, its quite impressive...
PokerDiceMan

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 03:31:46 AM

what is diference ardor coin and nxt coin

if iam create token aset with nxt
where i can see about information coin, standard information can added to exchanger

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Dave-ja-vu

Activity: 86

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 05:12:26 AM

Another creep!

Oh hi, GrossBit. What's it to you what NXT is doing? From your previous posts you admit that you are a: "trader with 20 years experience in a investment bank" and that you "used to managed billions". You didn't do very well did you to be pissing about with cryptos?

You go on record as saying that you are "bullish on ETC" a competitor of NXT/Ardor. Are you threatened by NXT/Ardor? Or, are you merely trying to talk the price down to grab a piece of the action?
GrossBit

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 05:36:58 AM

Another creep!

Oh hi, GrossBit. What's it to you what NXT is doing? From your previous posts you admit that you are a: "trader with 20 years experience in a investment bank" and that you "used to managed billions". You didn't do very well did you to be pissing about with cryptos?

You go on record as saying that you are "bullish on ETC" a competitor of NXT/Ardor. Are you threatened by NXT/Ardor? Or, are you merely trying to talk the price down to grab a piece of the action?

thank you for your mail
i post mainly on reddit/ethtrader, and here occasionally only. reddit/NXT is not very active.
i used to be bullish on ETC, but you know, i'm a trader, and i have a stop loss policy and i can change my mind, and i advertised a while ago i was out of ETC with very limited damage.

i'm not threatened by NXT. I was long from before the Ardor snapshot, kept the position 2 months,. lost 7% on the NXT (bought 3200K sold 2980K) position itself, but accrued 2/3 of my size in Ardor tokens, so i think i'll be ok on that  Grin . I hope Ardor will be a big success. But i have to be realistic, the way NXT has orchestrated this operation with this MASSIVE PnD (NXT traded up x6 to over 6000K), almost back where it started, cannot be good for the credibility and the financial health of its (late) investors.

Regarding your comment about my previous career, i think i've done very very well in my career thanks god. If you ask me why i retired, i would compare myself to professional sports players. When you reach some age, you get tired of all your efforts, you're not as performant, your motivation goes also down because you've already earned all that money and that extra bonus isn't going to make you as happy as the new guy, and you start running less and less fast anyway. Its a very demanding job, emotionally and mentally. Some stay longer in the game, but i reached my own limits. I was not in the Top Champions League Club like Goldman or Citadel, but i was still playing in some very good teams and had a few good years :-)...

and I personally am convinced all this experience is an extra edge to play those markets. As opposed to FX markets or equity markets which are much more competitive because many more good pros together with armies of bots look at it everysecond

Anduril_FotW

Activity: 413

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 06:45:46 AM

- I enter my 2FA code

Thanks for your help

Well, up to now, no one seems to be having your trouble. My mynxt.info online wallet is working fine and giving me a running commentary on all the Ardor I'm acculmulating. Anyone else having trouble?

I note your recent negative posts on the Lisk and Startcoin threads amongst others. You wouldn't be FUDing by any chance would you?

m8, being critical about some projects or running into actual issues is not FUDding.
I'm hodling LSK, NXT and unfortunately also START, which is pretty depressing at this point and absolutely nothing is happening there. Hence my negative post.

And my problems with logging on to the MyNXT online wallet were very real as well and other people were also experiencing them.
I contacted MyNXT support and they responded pretty quickly:

Hello,

please try again now. Few days ago the MyNxt block explorer server was upgraded to a faster host, and there was a problem with the Cloudflare service protecting the MyNxt wallet. This has been now addressed so you should be able to log in normally again now.

Regards and apologies for the inconvenience,

I just checked and unfortunately I still have the same issue.
I'm confident it will be solved however and I will update here when that's the case.

"The Blade that was Broken shines again!"
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: