Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 03:34:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Chili – 30+GH/s BFL based Bitcoin Miner Assembly  (Read 137693 times)
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:11:19 AM

My chili is running at 28.5 GH/s at 63C using BFGminer 3.6 with an Evo 212 cooler. I have a high speed duct fan blowing on both bottom and top of my setup.

Fishing for any ideas to help me step my speed up (seems like I'm missing out on at least 5 GH/s).

Thanks in advance people.

I used the Evo 212 Cooler on over 60 Chilis, anytime I found them sitting at 28GH or so it was due to incorrect contact between the heatsink and chips and it wouldn't matter how much air you blew at it it wouldn't help.

You might be able to just fiddle with the heatsink and move it a tad without completely redoing it but sometimes this can cause worse issues.

Usually I would just undo the heatsink, clean up the padding and put a fresh one on and make sure the heatsink had perfect contact this time and it would always put it around 30-32GH.

Hope this helps!
Choadmeyer

Activity: 495
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:16:00 AM

My chili is running at 28.5 GH/s at 63C using BFGminer 3.6 with an Evo 212 cooler. I have a high speed duct fan blowing on both bottom and top of my setup.

Fishing for any ideas to help me step my speed up (seems like I'm missing out on at least 5 GH/s).

I used the Evo 212 Cooler on over 60 Chilis, anytime I found them sitting at 28GH or so it was due to incorrect contact between the heatsink and chips and it wouldn't matter how much air you blew at it it wouldn't help.

You might be able to just fiddle with the heatsink and move it a tad without completely redoing it but sometimes this can cause worse issues.

Usually I would just undo the heatsink, clean up the padding and put a fresh one on and make sure the heatsink had perfect contact this time and it would always put it around 30-32GH.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Bar!

Fireblade

Activity: 770

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:37:03 PM

Is the miner listed on there website including chips? I could remember that there was 1 listed for 127€ and one for 237€
elaramus

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:29:28 PM

Mr Teal,

Received the 3 chilis today. These are quite awesome little devices!!

I'm not having luck with the chiliflash utility. Is there a win specific driver to use to get the Bitforce device to show up as a numbered COM port? Chili flash only recognizes the port already installed in the computer (COM1) which yields no results. I tried loading WinUSB driver via Zadig, but still had no success.

Any ideas? Is there a version for Linux I can try?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance, dedication to this product and for your professional execution of the online auction. My only regret at the moment is not bidding on all 6.
agibby5

Activity: 267

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:25:26 AM

If anyone has populated Chili boards, I'm interested in buying them.  I'd prefer without coolers as I have my own.
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:41:07 AM

Mr Teal,

Received the 3 chilis today. These are quite awesome little devices!!

I'm not having luck with the chiliflash utility. Is there a win specific driver to use to get the Bitforce device to show up as a numbered COM port? Chili flash only recognizes the port already installed in the computer (COM1) which yields no results. I tried loading WinUSB driver via Zadig, but still had no success.

Any ideas? Is there a version for Linux I can try?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance, dedication to this product and for your professional execution of the online auction. My only regret at the moment is not bidding on all 6.
You shouldn't need to flash them, the ones you have will have the newest firmware at this point.
Unfortunately the flash utility just opens a comm port, so if you've replaced the driver with direct USB through Zadig, it will no longer detect it.
neiq

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 02:05:27 AM

Is this still open for orders ?
agibby5

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 07:09:56 PM

Sorry ahead of time for the low quality images.  Also, I figure everyone is already past this step at this point in the game... but I'd post it anyway.

Originally, I was going to use the ARCTIC Accelero Mono Plus VGA Coolers and grab some PCI brackets, but that setup was considerably more expensive and proved to show lower hashing results as posted by others.

Then, I was going to do the double Antec Shelf idea like MrTeal. I ordered 8 coolers for 4 boards, but I tried it with a single one and I am fine with the results... so now I am going to buy 4x more boards to use up my 4 extra Shelfs.

So to mount the single shelf to the Chili, I mounted it directly to the board with the provided 1156 back plates.  I mounted the top mount to the heatsink as it was directed in the instructions (to the underside of the heatsink).  I then used misc computer screws which threaded into the back plates... I have a ton of screws laying around from buying internal computer devices (CDROM, floppy, etc drives) and they provided a very tight connection.  The board doesn't look like it's bowing at all.  I used nothing besides a rice sized amount of the Antec included thermal grease on each chip (maybe too much but it seemed to work).  I didn't really think about standoffs, since I have them mostly sitting in their sides like the first picture showing the back plates.  If you wanted to sit them upright, they sit on the back plates.  It's probably not 100% safe (something could short the power solder points underneath), but oh well. It works for me.

I tried one Chili with a thermal pad, but that one got 27 Ghs.  I redid it the way I did the others and it raised up the Ghs to around 34 or so.

All in all, I'm getting between 34 and 36 ghs.

MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:23:58 PM

Due to some excess market demand, we are going to reopen sales and do a batch 3.

If you are interested assembly of your chips, we can do that as long as the chips can be sent to us by Tuesday the 3rd of December. The price will be the same as the previous batch, at $350 plus shipping. Contact me through PM or at mrtealasic@gmail.com
We will also have a quantity of boards available for sale. More details on that will come soon, but we should be able to satisfy some of the pent up demand.
agibby5

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:28:33 PM

Due to some excess market demand, we are going to reopen sales and do a batch 3.

If you are interested assembly of your chips, we can do that as long as the chips can be sent to us by Tuesday the 3rd of December. The price will be the same as the previous batch, at $350 plus shipping. Contact me through PM or at mrtealasic@gmail.com
We will also have a quantity of boards available for sale. More details on that will come soon, but we should be able to satisfy some of the pent up demand.

When do you anticipate delivery to start?
xselam1988

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:48:46 AM

Hope this helps!
How do you determine which one among the 60 boards?
There is no led indication and the identify command in bfgminer does not work.
Thank you

Keefe

Activity: 681

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:18:20 AM

Hope this helps!
Thank you

You can disable one in bfgminer and go looking for the unit with the lights off.

lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 2242

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:30:27 AM

Agreed on this diagnostic. While not running a chili, my jally with 5 chips picked up an extra 1.5gh from a real heat-piped heat sink square on all chips.
C
Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:21:41 AM

My Chili is dead Cry rest in peace Chili

Hashing along steadily for 27 days at 34+ Gh and generated 0.68 Btc sold at $571 yesterday.

Today it died, RIP.

Dead short somewhere on the board. (changed all the cables, 3 different PSU's, fans etc) It trips each PSU.

The ghost of Chili is in the room, it feels colder already.

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97
Lucko

Activity: 826

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:44:39 PM

Hashing along steadily for 27 days at 34+ Gh and generated 0.68 Btc sold at $571 yesterday.

Today it died, RIP.

Dead short somewhere on the board. (changed all the cables, 3 different PSU's, fans etc) It trips each PSU.

I can look at it if you can't figure it out...
Mudbankkeith

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:50:08 PM

Today it died, RIP.

I can look at it if you can't figure it out...

Hi Lucko
I was thinking of asking you if you could open a "Chili Hospital", but I thought you may be busy this week.

My only testing facility is a multimeter. Your help would be appreciated.

lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 01:46:50 PM

I'm not set up to start accepting repairs, but I can say that this problem (fails of the 12 volt supply fuse, thank you for putting a fuse in) is probably due to a failure in the 12v-1v DC-DC converters. On the chili they use a cool component to do it (I need to find out what that is to backfeed BFL boards) on the BFL boards they use a 6 fet push-pull system. Fet fails, system crashes. Add unregulated 12 volt supply, hilarity ensues.

Check to see if any of those chips smells like smoke.

C
Mudbankkeith

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:16:16 PM

I'm not set up to start accepting repairs, but I can say that this problem (fails of the 12 volt supply fuse, thank you for putting a fuse in) is probably due to a failure in the 12v-1v DC-DC converters. On the chili they use a cool component to do it (I need to find out what that is to backfeed BFL boards) on the BFL boards they use a 6 fet push-pull system. Fet fails, system crashes. Add unregulated 12 volt supply, hilarity ensues.

C

No obvious burnouts. No bulging capacitors etc.
I'm shipping it off today to Lucko. Then see what he can find, Maybe a simple fix, or fried.

lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:53:30 PM

C

No obvious burnouts. No bulging capacitors etc.
I'm shipping it off today to Lucko. Then see what he can find, Maybe a simple fix, or fried.
Sounds good. If it's a junker let me know; I need to practice on some of these things and known blown trash systems would be halpful.

If it's fixed, pls post what it was; I'm thinking this is going to hit other people.
i3luefire

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:14:32 PM

Hope this helps!
Thank you

i wrote the serial number (last 3 chars.) from bfgminer on each chili with a sharpie. then i just go to manage, highlight the low hash unit look at the serial and go fiddle with it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: