Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:28:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:42:50 PM

K, I've plugged the boards into a different usb hub and back into the onboard router to see if it's the usb board that is faulty. Let's see if they shut down again in an hour.
And for kicks I tried connecting the boards to Minepeon again, and no, they are not recognized. I have version 0.2.4 of Minepeon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:29:15 PM

The actual lack of knowledge in this post sickens me. Did you do any research... at all? It sure doesn't seem like it.

1.) It isn't a D-Link board.
2.) These are NOT HEX16A boards. At all. Unless the 80GHash models are that gimped.
3.) Not sure about the 80GHash, but the 128 has decent airflow right out of the box. I still prefer open air cooling solutions, but that's irrelevant.
4.) You should have no problems at all setting it up with a Raspberry Pi, so long as you keep a power supply attached to it. I did so in order to test a board that was originally thought to be faulty.
5.) It shouldn't crash every hour. I noticed that the boards reset every so often, but it never takes long enough to even make a dent in the hash rate. You might want to take a closer look to see if something bad may be happening.

I guess I'm wrong then. The software the comes on with the miner says: "HEX16A | OpenWrt Barrier Breaker r38818 | Load: 0.48 0.42 0.21", hence my confusion. The board itself has "TECHNOBIT" printed on them. Maybe I don't remember correctly that I was told by Josh it was a D-Link board. And I have the latest version of Minepeon and it does not recognize these boards. I need to do more research and homework, sorry.

The firmware is for all technobit boards. If you watch when cgminer comes up (I use putty to ssh in, then screen -r at the command prompt) you'll see it load up as the correct board. I learned this by farting around with it. It is a bit confusing.

Mine worked perfectly right out of the box. Surprisingly, it hashes a bit better undervolted than at default, but aside from that, no trouble at all.

I'm going to try a few pools over the next few days. I think I'm going to put it on BTCGuild while I'm gone (assuming the baby don't come today, She'll be induced tomorrow evening) and then Slush and Bitminter. I'll post which give me better results, if any, in the review thread.

It's a TP-link board. Can't recall the model number of the top of my head, but it's listed on Technobit's website. Both Martin and Jim (Technobit and AMT, respectively) have said it will work with an Rpi, but I think you have to get a firmware image from Technobit's download section. I don't currently have one, so I can't test that theory.

Good luck, and happy hashing!

EDIT: Cgminer shows the boards as HEXb 0 and HEXb 1. It is a custom version of Cgminer, which is probably why Minepeon don't see it. There is some discussion of that on the Technobit threads, but I have yet to find any decent docs. I've asked Martin about that. Once I have a bit more time and sanity, maybe I can write up a guide.
fryarminer

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:32:46 PM

Tha you this really helps!
Since I plugged everything in to my own USB hub instead of the one that comes in the machine, it seems to be hashing ok and hasn't crashed yet.

I'm using Eligius for my pool.

I appreciate the help!
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:59:31 AM

The actual lack of knowledge in this post sickens me. Did you do any research... at all? It sure doesn't seem like it.

2.) These are NOT HEX16A boards. At all. Unless the 80GHash models are that gimped.
3.) Not sure about the 80GHash, but the 128 has decent airflow right out of the box. I still prefer open air cooling solutions, but that's irrelevant.
4.) You should have no problems at all setting it up with a Raspberry Pi, so long as you keep a power supply attached to it. I did so in order to test a board that was originally thought to be faulty.
5.) It shouldn't crash every hour. I noticed that the boards reset every so often, but it never takes long enough to even make a dent in the hash rate. You might want to take a closer look to see if something bad may be happening.

I guess I'm wrong then. The software the comes on with the miner says: "HEX16A | OpenWrt Barrier Breaker r38818 | Load: 0.48 0.42 0.21", hence my confusion. The board itself has "TECHNOBIT" printed on them. Maybe I don't remember correctly that I was told by Josh it was a D-Link board. And I have the latest version of Minepeon and it does not recognize these boards. I need to do more research and homework, sorry.

The firmware is for all technobit boards. If you watch when cgminer comes up (I use putty to ssh in, then screen -r at the command prompt) you'll see it load up as the correct board. I learned this by farting around with it. It is a bit confusing.

Mine worked perfectly right out of the box. Surprisingly, it hashes a bit better undervolted than at default, but aside from that, no trouble at all.

I'm going to try a few pools over the next few days. I think I'm going to put it on BTCGuild while I'm gone (assuming the baby don't come today, She'll be induced tomorrow evening) and then Slush and Bitminter. I'll post which give me better results, if any, in the review thread.

It's a TP-link board. Can't recall the model number of the top of my head, but it's listed on Technobit's website. Both Martin and Jim (Technobit and AMT, respectively) have said it will work with an Rpi, but I think you have to get a firmware image from Technobit's download section. I don't currently have one, so I can't test that theory.

EDIT: Cgminer shows the boards as HEXb 0 and HEXb 1. It is a custom version of Cgminer, which is probably why Minepeon don't see it. There is some discussion of that on the Technobit threads, but I have yet to find any decent docs. I've asked Martin about that. Once I have a bit more time and sanity, maybe I can write up a guide.

So are you saying it is 100% technobit?

This definitely is a good sign for the Bitmine.ch delivery.   I don't want AMT to be reinventing the wheel.  If Bitmine.ch logic board, software and chips, ship them pronto!  Don't re-invent the wheel!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:18:37 PM

So are you saying it is 100% technobit?

This definitely is a good sign for the Bitmine.ch delivery.   I don't want AMT to be reinventing the wheel.  If Bitmine.ch logic board, software and chips, ship them pronto!  Don't re-invent the wheel!
Yeah, it appears to be.
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:40:51 AM

well, i've heard nothing from AMT. they wont return emails now. i'm sick of these guys and wish i had just ordered from someone else. are they talking to anyone at all?

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
elaramus

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:10:06 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2014, 04:47:13 AM by elaramus

well, i've heard nothing from AMT. they wont return emails now. i'm sick of these guys and wish i had just ordered from someone else. are they talking to anyone at all?

Clenell, I feel for you, I watched your avid support throughout this thread, and it's disheartening to see your change in mindset.. But I know exactly how you feel:

I tried to warn people off with my earliest posts. I'm pretty sure I was one of their earliest orders (#399), and while I let $2400 sit waiting for something to ship (a 192Gh unit which didn't) I missed out on the October batch of KNC Jupiters which would have been my second choice for a purchase at the time. I took my refund after the 30 day wait and ran.

I've bought quite a few miners since then without issue: November Jupiter, Antminers, Avalon Gen2, Chili's... and yes even 4 BFL Black Friday Jalapenos (which shipped late, but before AMT's products started to roll out -- they we're supposed to be "In stock for immediate delivery" and I received them after Christmas)

I would advise anyone considering an AMT miner to stay away until this company gets it's act together.

And for the record, I think it's just damn wrong to send a free unit to anyone while paid customers are waiting.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:17:30 AM

And for the record, I think it's just damn wrong to send a free unit to anyone while paid customers are waiting.

I am sure it was a "used" one...

Well, then you hate all the places you purchased from, because they all did the same thing. It is sort of a standard to "send a unit for review", to an unbiased reviewer. KNC, BFL, X-BOX, Sony... You name it, someone got a review unit while customers waited on "Pre-orders".

For the record... KNC stopped taking orders... You got lucky. The rest... well, that was just wasted money.
asprin

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:36:45 AM

I ordered a 1.2 TH/s miner the first days of January and have had a couple email correspondence since then.  But I know Bitmine just shipped samples out to everybody this week and it's still more than a month before I should start expecting delivery.  No point in asking status updates right now as I know the status.

I follow this thread closely so I'll update if anything changes.
clenell

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:29:58 PM

Clenell, I feel for you, I watched your avid support throughout this thread, and it's disheartening to see your change in mindset.. But I know exactly how you feel:

no emails, no calls, flat out avoidance of any communication. yeah... this one time "shill" is nothing but disappointed with AMT. the one person I did get on the phone was a total douche bag. no miner, no updates and no class whatsoever. i honestly wish i went with another mining company - a little late for that.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:36:48 PM

In short puppett... you look like an idiot man. what's your motive? - you post patent lies and accuse AMT customers of being shills and liars. who are you working for man? unless you are some weirdo troll with nothing better to do i find it hard to understand why you continue to post on this thread. you have purchased nothing (supposedly) so why are you here? what is your purpose for lurking in this thread continuously? your're not a hero man, you are not "saving" anyone... you just look like an attention whore who's been burned one too many times in the btc world. go get a life, job, girlfriend or w/e and stop looking like a troll.

i'll continue to point out every lie you make on this thread. why do i do it? a. because i hate liars and attention whores and b. because i'm a customer of AMT's and have a large financial stake in how this pans out.

So, how wrong was I, and how many lies have I told? And who looks like an idiot now?
clenell

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:01:08 PM

In short puppett... you look like an idiot man. what's your motive? - you post patent lies and accuse AMT customers of being shills and liars. who are you working for man? unless you are some weirdo troll with nothing better to do i find it hard to understand why you continue to post on this thread. you have purchased nothing (supposedly) so why are you here? what is your purpose for lurking in this thread continuously? your're not a hero man, you are not "saving" anyone... you just look like an attention whore who's been burned one too many times in the btc world. go get a life, job, girlfriend or w/e and stop looking like a troll.

i'll continue to point out every lie you make on this thread. why do i do it? a. because i hate liars and attention whores and b. because i'm a customer of AMT's and have a large financial stake in how this pans out.

So, how wrong was I, and how many lies have I told? And who looks like an idiot now?

when i speak it's based on facts. you on the other hand base nothing on fact. they are late and are not talking plain and simple. they have not proven themselves to be an outright scam as you speculate. so no puppett - you are still a troll with no skin in the game. there is no getting around that fact.

and you still look like an idiot & an obvious attention whore.

Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:06:19 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2014, 05:02:06 PM by Puppet

LOL. Whatever dude. Enjoy your 0.5J/GH 1.2 TH miner shipping first week of January.
Karma can be a bitch.
fryarminer

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:43:11 PM

LOL. Whatever dude. Enjoy your 0.5J/W 1.2 TH miner shipping first week of January.
Karma can be a bitch.

Dude that's not cool. K, you were right. But don't rub it in. Clenell, I feel for you too. Honestly I think the best way to get a miner is on eBay. Preorders are so unnatural, unethical, and uncalled for. Nobody should sell a product that they do not have in stock.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 05:18:05 PM

Dude that's not cool. K, you were right. But don't rub it in. Clenell, I feel for you too. Honestly I think the best way to get a miner is on eBay. Preorders are so unnatural, unethical, and uncalled for. Nobody should sell a product that they do not have in stock.

There are several vendors that are selling from stock, Bitfury and Bitmain to name two good ones.

Buy & Hold
YourPalToots

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 05:46:23 PM

LOL. Whatever dude. Enjoy your 0.5J/GH 1.2 TH miner shipping first week of January.
Karma can be a bitch.

what a POS
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 05:52:31 PM

There are several vendors that are selling from stock, Bitfury and Bitmain to name two good ones.

The best bang for the buck is a 200 GHs system for around $3,000.

Unfortunately,  at $15 per GHs,  you aren't going to break even!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Khanduras

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Movin' on up.

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:37:40 PM

I just love how clenell was giving me hell when I was complaining about lack of contact from AMT after ordering, and now he's in the exact same boat. It sucks, doesn't it clenell?

Anyways, once I actually got through to someone from AMT who wasn't a complete idiot (Jim - if you get anyone else, you're pretty much screwed) it was actually quite easy to get some information. Got my miner to ship relatively quickly after talking to him directly.

Bitcoin Address: 1N1sex4rktWdxBJcFTczYZF5Xa75C47j4c                 |
Mining Income Address: 15wgpV7fDN8fVYn1q9QaPb9XSLjGRhry5L    |
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:07:03 PM

Dude that's not cool.

Dont expect me to shed a tear when the "shills for 5%" get shafted, especially not after calling me an idiot a troll and a liar for stating obvious (and now almost all proven) truths.
fryarminer

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:28:59 PM

Dude that's not cool.

Dont expect me to shed a tear when the "shills for 5%" get shafted, especially not after calling me an idiot a troll and a liar for stating obvious (and now almost all proven) truths.

Yeah, that's true, I thought about that after I had made that post.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: