Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:50:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
grumpybearsgirl

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:56:18 PM

Once again, we would like a refund for Order #1196. Orders are late and as stated previously by AMT, late orders have the option of receiving a refund.

The fact of the matter is, we wish AMT the best but we just want our money back, NOT the product.

Please send us our refund via check or ACH transfer or even bitcoin if that's what it takes.

We've been nothing but respectful and haven't even raised our voices in email or over the phone.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:41:18 PM

I have been monitoring these forums for that past month and simply HAD to register to throw my 2 cents in about AMT and their business ethic.

I am truly amazed at how many of you come to the defense of AMT based on what little communication and details about the products are given. I can understand maybe you are an early investor in the 1.2 TH miner, and having shelled out big bucks early: coming to their defense isn't going to guarantee you get your product versus someone who is cynical about their operation. The fact is, based on AMT's terrible communication to their investors, you have to GO OUT OF YOUR WAY to NOT be cynical/worried about AMT in general.

Here are some of my concerns:

1. There dozens of questions that have been posted here about the hardware, yet only the stupid trivial questions are being answered. Anything tech related that might involve some know-how seem to be overlooked. AMT is completely ignoring straight forward questions that I feel as an early investor in their start up, we should have a right to know. However, if you ask something stupid like "What color is the case going to be?" they jump right on that with an answer. Power consumption, heat, detailed hashing rate questions - those are all ignored.

2. The lack of good photos/video of their existing products and upcoming 1.2 TH miners. No offense to Biomech (the guy that was given a Miner for free) - but your videos and pictures were pretty terrible and do not put help put others at ease. We need someone that has a miner from AMT to take some nice high quality photos of the boards, case, and build quality. Pictures of their mining stats would also help put many peoples' worries at ease. We also need feedback from someone who paid ACTUAL money for their Miner, not some guy that was given one for free (because he's broke) - for all we know he could be friends with them, and is obviously biased towards defending them since they gave him a free Miner. Sorry, this just doesn't sit right with me.

3. The youtube video posted by Josh is very unconvincing of an actual hardware building operation. Looks like it was recorded in a small office with little to no hardware around or the end product in sight. We simply have a guy with a cheap acer laptop and a board running with heatsync and fan. His quick video doesn't address any questions that were asked: it's like they post this video to delay people from asking for refunds or taking action against them. Just enough to keep you waiting and waiting.

4. They are charging a LOT of money via Wire Transfers and Bitcoins (completely uninsured - they can run off with this money & good luck getting any of it back). Why would they do this? To avoid Credit Card fees? I mean, give me a good reason - please. If they are a legit company that plans on delivering; and charging what they are for these miners - then paying fees to process thousands upon thousands of dollars shouldn't really be a concern. This path they have taken has just left people feeling uneasy.

5. You would think with all of the scams that have been going on, these guys would take the high road and try to answer as much as they can to help put their customers at ease. All I see is the same behavior exhibited by previous mining operations. A> Take money from customer B> Not answer direct questions and provide little to no information or evidence of the products being produced C> Keep pushing delivery back and back with countless excuses and little to no follow up.

6. Grumpybearsgirl: I have seen all of her posts requesting her refund. Why hasn't this been resolved? Either she's trolling AMT (doubtful) or she's been victimized. We need to be coming to her defense, because anyone of us can be the next to never get our money back.

7. Latest post by Josh. A sticky note on a computer case saying "we've got the chips, time to get to work!", a screwgun on the table, and boards full of chips. Why not actually post some relevant answers instead of these quick short snapshots that are void of any real INFORMATION. Even if you're working 16 hour days, you can spend 30 minutes and put many of these questions to rest. No excuse!

In terms of these 1.0+ TH miners in general - let's call them the "Geese that lay golden eggs" - they will produce countless bit coins and pay themselves off in a few months. So why are they selling them in the first place? One would think if you had the capability to produce these machines, you'd simply run them yourselves and get rich.

Wait, I know why! They are using all of our seed money to buy the hardware, build the equipment, run the hardware themselves while pushing delivery back countless times, and as the chance for ROI dwindles (difficulty increases and overall network hashing rate increases) - they release them to their customers. The user who posted the graph earlier and explained this is SPOT ON. Keep in mind even if they are using all this pre-order money to run the hardware themselves and bank on it, this is the BEST CASE SCENARIO. At least at the end of the day you might actually get something (even if it won't meet ROI). I personally think many won't be getting anything at all.

If you pre-ordered and are constantly coming to their defense based on nothing other than HOPE that you haven't gotten ripped off - it's time to pull your head out of your ass and consider the fact that this whole operation has been conducted very shady, and we need to band together as consumers and pressure AMT for answers that we deserve. I really want to just start a productive dialogue in hopes that AMT will hop back on here and give us more than a few crappy photos and answer some of the valid questions asked.

I hope I'm wrong, really. I want everyone to get what they ordered then throw it in my face afterwards.

Thoughts?

AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:31:27 AM

It's a net loss sale, but if we can convert those clients into reoccurring AMT customers, it would be good. There are only a few left to assemble anyway, and we'll update the delivery time 3 to 4 days.

+1 I liking AMT more and more.  Focusing on long term customer relationships.  Wow, that is a novel idea in this industry lol.  Can't wait to get my 1.2 Th/s machine and order some more if there are any left.

Thanks for the support. Smiley
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:32:19 AM

has anyone received an email from AMT in regards to their case options yet? i would think with production supposedly in full swing someone would have heard something.

We're getting to it guys, just trying the best options and seeing whats available from where. Thanks for the support.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:33:19 AM

Encase you missed it.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:34:55 AM

Now you need to sell through Overstock.com... They accept bitcoin for payments. Tongue

That, or cut an exclusive deal with coinbase.com... Since they deal in BTC directly. I am sure they would love creating coins exclusively, as opposed to pulling them from multiple exchanges, which lowers the value for their next customers. It's a win-win situation for all.

Also... Change the word "Closeout" to "Sales"... (Closeout implies that you are closing, and those are the last ones to buy, because you are going out of business. A closeout sale is one that marks the end of a business's life, or the products life. Thus, Close-Out.)

Doc, another great idea and yes we're definitely looking into it. ISAWHIM is a great thread member and we're happy to have him writing on our thread and contributing.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:35:28 AM

it would be so easy to say:
e.g. desk shipping from xx
rig shipping from xx

someone news about desk or rig Huh,  i have both ordered

i just talked with bit mine.

They say that first miner will leave production beginning of next week. my miners (rigs) will be ready for pick up end of next week till beginning of week after the next one.
they had in production some problems, but it seems to be solved now (i hope so!!!)

what i find very interesting...

Everybody in bitcointalk knows AMT??? i think at least... if not here is a link to their thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=304605.msg4870542#msg4870542

Bitmine support doesn´t know anything about them... support said clear that there is no partner with name advanced miners.
i asked it because we as direct clients of Bitmine.ch have to wait for chips and miners at least same long as AMT and now even seems that AMT will ship earlier as Bitmine.ch...
Answer was clear: they don't have partner with that name and they do not have a clue from where they should have such amount of chips...

Is AMT scam? or just this support does not know anything about them?

strange...

Sorry about that, it looks like the operator that answered your call didn't understand clearly you were meaning AMT with "Advanced miners". We do have a partnership with them indeed and they are perfectly legit as per our official post here: http://bitmine.ch/?p=2968

AMT are our only officially recognized distributors along with 50btc and Zefir user on this forum for the DIY chips distribution, take care because everything else out there that claims to be us or to work with us it not, there are a lot of scams around!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291141.msg4913291#msg4913291

Thanks mech.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:36:48 AM

Amt miners for sale on amazon  http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main/ref=olp_merch_name_1?ie=UTF8&asin=B00I1SYCKC&isAmazonFulfilled=0&seller=A2JOK16VZEPB0F and the 80 and 128 are cheaper than the amt website  wonder if they are legit or if it is someone trying to pull something .

Good to see em on amazon Smiley
Ship is 6 to 10 days so they are not quite ready yet.
When it says same day shipping 6 to 10 days to travel, the miners will be in stock.

Hey, yes we've updated that to 3 days, just a glitch. Smiley Thanks for the support.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:38:08 AM

Hey Guys,

Quick update, chips arrived today and will go to full surface mount and assembly on Tuesday. Hoping to get the first AMT1.2's shipped by Friday.

More to come...

Could you at least tell us how many chips you got so we can at least figure out how many rigs you can build and ship quickly?

Also,  is another batch of chips coming?

I can tell you that we've received a lot. And enough to make it to your order and than some for sure.

We also have 12 assemblers located at our CM 8am to 4pm. Each of which has experience in building electronic components and devices that pass UL certification and ISO standards. The average build time per build team (2 assemblers each team) was clocked at 2.5 hrs per build. This includes wiring, assembly, modular install, initial testing, and packing.

So if they are working 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week, how many miners can we build in 1 day? How many in 1 week? and How many in 1 month?

Can you give a rough estimate then on which batch numbers will get their AMT 1.2 THs miners this February?

Not looking for exact precision.  I am at order #962,  will I get it this month?

Yes Carlos, You will receive your miner this month. If things stay on track, your miner will ship in the third week of the month.

Any chance I can get a discount since I've been very supportive of your efforts? 

Frictionless, pm us here ad yes you've been really supportive and helpful, you get your discount. Smiley
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:39:31 AM

Cointerra also delayed, albeit only by a month.  Their first miner was shipped today, according to Coindesk.  Originally the goal for their first batch shipment date was "late December", all things considered, that's pretty good.

Also, their goal of reaching 2 terra hashes with the Gold Strike 4 miner has come up a little short (1.7), while the power usage is higher than hoped for, 2000 watts as opposed to 1650.

We miners must understand that these companies (AMT included of course) do not have a history of producing the product we're buying, therefore, they can only give us their best estimates on delivery dates, production levels, power consumption, etc.  It's just the way it is, and actually somewhat understandable if you've ever tried to estimate how long it would take to do something you have never done; almost always off by a wide margin.  Undecided

Russell, thanks for the support, we're doing our best and its good to have customers which really do understand the situation.
Chazaki

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:43:15 AM

There is a seller on EBay out of Lubbock Texas who claims to have 4 90ghs in hand. This shows that they are shipping miners (I hope!)

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
subseaguru

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

I know the voices in my head aren't real.

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:43:31 AM

Hey Guys,

Quick update, chips arrived today and will go to full surface mount and assembly on Tuesday. Hoping to get the first AMT1.2's shipped by Friday.

More to come...

Could you at least tell us how many chips you got so we can at least figure out how many rigs you can build and ship quickly?

Also,  is another batch of chips coming?

I can tell you that we've received a lot. And enough to make it to your order and than some for sure.

We also have 12 assemblers located at our CM 8am to 4pm. Each of which has experience in building electronic components and devices that pass UL certification and ISO standards. The average build time per build team (2 assemblers each team) was clocked at 2.5 hrs per build. This includes wiring, assembly, modular install, initial testing, and packing.

So if they are working 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week, how many miners can we build in 1 day? How many in 1 week? and How many in 1 month?

Can you give a rough estimate then on which batch numbers will get their AMT 1.2 THs miners this February?

Not looking for exact precision.  I am at order #962,  will I get it this month?

Yes Carlos, You will receive your miner this month. If things stay on track, your miner will ship in the third week of the month.

Any chance I can get a discount since I've been very supportive of your efforts? 

Frictionless, pm us here ad yes you've been really supportive and helpful, you get your discount. Smiley
ive been a sideline supporter and I still cant get you to take my money....

sirminesalot

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:53:22 AM

I have been monitoring these forums for that past month and simply HAD to register to throw my 2 cents in about AMT and their business ethic.

I am truly amazed at how many of you come to the defense of AMT based on what little communication and details about the products are given. I can understand maybe you are an early investor in the 1.2 TH miner, and having shelled out big bucks early: coming to their defense isn't going to guarantee you get your product versus someone who is cynical about their operation. The fact is, based on AMT's terrible communication to their investors, you have to GO OUT OF YOUR WAY to NOT be cynical/worried about AMT in general.

1. There dozens of questions that have been posted here about the hardware, yet only the stupid trivial questions are being answered. Anything tech related that might involve some know-how seem to be overlooked. AMT is completely ignoring straight forward questions that I feel as an early investor in their start up, we should have a right to know. However, if you ask something stupid like "What color is the case going to be?" they jump right on that with an answer. Power consumption, heat, detailed hashing rate questions - those are all ignored.

2. The lack of good photos/video of their existing products and upcoming 1.2 TH miners. No offense to Biomech (the guy that was given a Miner for free) - but your videos and pictures were pretty terrible and do not put help put others at ease. We need someone that has a miner from AMT to take some nice high quality photos of the boards, case, and build quality. Pictures of their mining stats would also help put many peoples' worries at ease. We also need feedback from someone who paid ACTUAL money for their Miner, not some guy that was given one for free (because he's broke) - for all we know he could be friends with them, and is obviously biased towards defending them since they gave him a free Miner. Sorry, this just doesn't sit right with me.

3. The youtube video posted by Josh is very unconvincing of an actual hardware building operation. Looks like it was recorded in a small office with little to no hardware around or the end product in sight. We simply have a guy with a cheap acer laptop and a board running with heatsync and fan. His quick video doesn't address any questions that were asked: it's like they post this video to delay people from asking for refunds or taking action against them. Just enough to keep you waiting and waiting.

4. They are charging a LOT of money via Wire Transfers and Bitcoins (completely uninsured - they can run off with this money & good luck getting any of it back). Why would they do this? To avoid Credit Card fees? I mean, give me a good reason - please. If they are a legit company that plans on delivering; and charging what they are for these miners - then paying fees to process thousands upon thousands of dollars shouldn't really be a concern. This path they have taken has just left people feeling uneasy.

5. You would think with all of the scams that have been going on, these guys would take the high road and try to answer as much as they can to help put their customers at ease. All I see is the same behavior exhibited by previous mining operations. A> Take money from customer B> Not answer direct questions and provide little to no information or evidence of the products being produced C> Keep pushing delivery back and back with countless excuses and little to no follow up.

6. Grumpybearsgirl: I have seen all of her posts requesting her refund. Why hasn't this been resolved? Either she's trolling AMT (doubtful) or she's been victimized. We need to be coming to her defense, because anyone of us can be the next to never get our money back.

7. Latest post by Josh. A sticky note on a computer case saying "we've got the chips, time to get to work!", a screwgun on the table, and boards full of chips. Why not actually post some relevant answers instead of these quick short snapshots that are void of any real INFORMATION. Even if you're working 16 hour days, you can spend 30 minutes and put many of these questions to rest. No excuse!

In terms of these 1.0+ TH miners in general - let's call them the "Geese that lay golden eggs" - they will produce countless bit coins and pay themselves off in a few months. So why are they selling them in the first place? One would think if you had the capability to produce these machines, you'd simply run them yourselves and get rich.

Wait, I know why! They are using all of our seed money to buy the hardware, build the equipment, run the hardware themselves while pushing delivery back countless times, and as the chance for ROI dwindles (difficulty increases and overall network hashing rate increases) - they release them to their customers. The user who posted the graph earlier and explained this is SPOT ON. Keep in mind even if they are using all this pre-order money to run the hardware themselves and bank on it, this is the BEST CASE SCENARIO. At least at the end of the day you might actually get something (even if it won't meet ROI). I personally think many won't be getting anything at all.

If you pre-ordered and are constantly coming to their defense based on nothing other than HOPE that you haven't gotten ripped off - it's time to pull your head out of your ass and consider the fact that this whole operation has been conducted very shady, and we need to band together as consumers and pressure AMT for answers that we deserve. I really want to just start a productive dialogue in hopes that AMT will hop back on here and give us more than a few crappy photos and answer some of the valid questions asked.

I hope I'm wrong, really. I want everyone to get what they ordered then throw it in my face afterwards.

Thoughts?

AMT_miners,

Way to bury my post.

How about you actually respond to the questions asked by those who pre-ordered instead of thanking your supporters who have nothing to show for it as of yet.

How about this question: Have you refunded grumpybearsgirl yet?  What is the status of her order?

Why are those who ordered late given an option for a refund, yet those who pre-ordered early SOL?

Can you post some photos of the power supplies and unpopulated boards you plan to use? I'd like to see more photos of hardware.

Actual substance is much needed here.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:04:25 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 01:25:34 AM by AMT_miners

Thoughts?

AMT_miners,

Way to try to bury my post.

How about you actually respond to the questions asked by those who pre-ordered instead of thanking your supporters who have nothing to show for it as of yet.

How about this question: Have you refunded grumpybearsgirl yet?  What is the status of her order?

Why are those who ordered late given an option for a refund, yet those who pre-ordered early SOL?

Some actual substance to your posts would go a long way instead of the typical BS answers to kill more time?

Thoughts?

In response to your previous post, the majority of the answers you're looking for are actually in this thread if you really read through it. Also several of the statements and questions you've just posted are quite immature for this this forum. "Why do we sell miners and not use them ourselves"..  Time and again this question has been asked and its obvious that you're new to mining and don't know much about it. It's a hardware sale where as a hardware manufacturers we can hope to gain a 10% margin, and if we can streamline that for more than a year than we're doing better than most hardware manufactures in America. We advise you to google some of these basic questions and seek answers from other senior members in this forum that may be able to help you.

We give refunds on a case by case basis. Almost no Asic Manufacturers offers refunds because they use pre-paid funds to build the pre-ordered miners. We try and do the best we can to accommodate our clients and if the fault is ours we evaluate the situation and deal with it on a case by case basis. If the fault is ours yes we should give the client a refund, but if a client has recently placed an order and their miner is still not due to be shipped for several weeks and we still have the opportunity to deliver said miner on time or the time that their miner was promised to get to them, then we evaluate the situation and reason as to why the client is actually asking for a refund in the first place. We've also had experiences where refunded clients in early November, and then when bitcoin tripled in value, we've watched how the same clients which asked us and received a refund very early on, tried to repay and reserve their que in line.

When speaking about business ethics, why don't you look at a big company like APPLE which offers pre-ordered hardware (Iphones/Tablets) and read the terms of sales regarding pre-ordering their equipment. APPLE, even if it's their fault, will not give you a refund on a pre-ordered Iphone, period. At least we deal with our clients on a personal level and work with our clients if the fault is ours.

Please call the office or come into our office and speak with Jim, Hanna, Alyssa or Les for the further details regarding your concerns or questions. The sales line is 1855-866- MINE.

There are a lot of answers that we continuously give over the phone or via our sales email support. This thread is for AMT supporters, minimal updates, and to simply show potential buyer that we are legit company that actually delivers in a sea of scams and lies.

Just as Intel, IBM, HP and several other hardware producers don't show specifications of the products they manufacturer prior to delivering their products, we wont either. No sense in handing all the DIY members a board to copy right off the bat. Why don't you shoot over Hashfast's thread and ask them why they spray their boards with black paint?

If you would like some substance, please come by the office just as many many customers have and review and evaluate our miners and make a normal buying decision like any normal customer does. We invite you to the office next week if you can make it and if you'd like you can personally review our 1.2th's miner.

Thanks for your support and we hope you choose AMT and purchase one of our miners.
Mblackout

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

BitRoll

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:32:58 AM

Thoughts?

sirminesalot   please stop this.  its not needed.  yes alot of us invested in AMT and we as buyers need to use our best judgment to invest with a company like AMT.  I am PRO AMT and have ordered and paid for my order.   This is not the place for this negativity.  This is a place to talk constructively with the community.  we DO NOT NEED BASHERS here.  We had that in the past and it helped no one.  Please keep it to yourself and ask for a refund if you want it.  Other wise go buy cointerra who just screwed this dec, jan , feb customers with underpowered and over power consuming specs.  Everyone is missing their mark.  Please be respectful of this form and the people are vested with AMT.
sirminesalot

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:30:41 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 05:13:21 AM by sirminesalot

MBlackout: Sorry bud but I'm not going to become an AMT Fanboy because you simply ask me to. I can assure you there are more people out there that would prefer clear concise updates from AMT along with pictures of what they will be getting and accurate timelines.

AMT_Miners: I am not going to waste your time on the phone so you can update me with details. What I am after are the FACTS from you posted HERE, so everyone that has pre-ordered and has their mortgage payments on the line, can read them as well.

Doesn't that make sense? Update the community here with timely DETAILED posts, so you don't have a few dozen people calling your team so you can answer the same questions over and over?

Not everyone has access to travel to Pennsylvania and visit your office. I'm sure you have money from people all over the country.

You would think that since you:

1. Sell the product via your Website ONLINE
2. Take money ONLINE (wire transfers & bitcoins BTC ONLY)
3. Give updates to the investing community ONLINE
4. Deal in BITCOIN MINING (which is based ONLINE)

You would be able to recognize that all of this information should be ONLINE and accessible by the user base.

It's 2014 and having to call in to talk to someone over the phone about hashing details and power consumption shouldn't be necessary.

All I am asking for is clear concise updates in a timely manner with SUBSTANCE. This means better photos and more details about what to expect in terms of parts/etc. The time spent to update the community will save your team loads of lost time explaining these details to customers over the phone.

I look forward to new detailed photos this week of the first few units assembled (this includes the internal and external parts along with mining screenshots).

Thanks for the response.  
asprin

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:54:01 AM

MBlackout: Sorry bud but I'm not going to become an AMT Fanboy because you simply ask me to. I can assure you there are more people out there that would prefer clear concise updates from AMT along with pictures of what they will be getting and accurate timelines.

AMT_Miners: I am not going to waste your time on the phone so you can update me with details. Want I am after are FACTS from you posted HERE, so everyone that has pre-ordered and has their mortgage payments on the line, can read them as well.

Doesn't that make sense? Update the community here with timely DETAILED posts, so you don't have a few dozen people calling your team so you can answer the same questions over and over?

Not everyone has access to travel to Pennsylvania and visit your office. I'm sure you have money from people all over the country.

You would be able to recognize that all of this information should be ONLINE and accessible by the user base.

It's 2014 and having to call in to talk to someone over the phone about hashing details and power consumption shouldn't be necessary.

All I am asking for is clear concise updates in a timely manner with SUBSTANCE. This means better photos and more details about what to expect in terms of parts/etc. The time spent to update the community will save your team loads of lost time explaining these details to customers over the phone.

I look forward to new detailed photos this week of the first few units assembled (this includes the internal and external parts along with mining screenshots).

Thanks for the response.  

Sirminesalot has given no indication he placed an order with AMT and clearly doesn't plan to.
Sirminesalot made an account here specifically to talk about AMT after lurking for months.  His stated goal is to come to the defense of everybody who has ordered from AMT.
Sirminesalot has no history with members on this board since he just signed up, less than 12 hours since this post.

You're asking AMT to disclose their intellectual property on a product that has not been released as of yet and using that as bait to spread FUD.

Sirminesalot, do you even have an order with AMT?  If not, why the sudden altruism towards customers of AMT and only AMT?  If you check the forums its clear there are others in need of your encouragement.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:03:12 AM

AMT you HAVE to give a customer a refund if they ask on the preorder. Don't worry about what other companies do, most of them are shit. If you don't have the money to refund a few customers who aren't patient, you shouldn't be running this business. There are laws about this, call the FTC and ask them if you can indefinitely keep customer funds for preordered product that you are using to finance your startup business when they ask for refunds...  Don't be another scammer, when a customer wants a refund you give it to them and sell their "spot" to someone else. Anything less makes you suspect. You should not have entered this business without enough financing to secure the product before sales.

Also, people. If you don't get a refund on a product like this, initiate chargeback proceedings with your credit card immediately. If you paid in bitcoin, go to your local courthouse and file a lawsuit in small claims court for the amount you paid. Don't be stupid and wait for someone else to do it for you. Make noise, get noticed, and watch how quickly the company sends you that refund.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:15:58 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 03:41:39 AM by AMT_miners

AMT_Miners: I am not going to waste your time on the phone so you can update me with details. Want I am after are FACTS from you posted HERE, so everyone that has pre-ordered and has their mortgage payments on the line, can read them as well.

Thanks for the response.  

Mr. Piklo,

Let me go ahead and answer your questions as best as possible.

1. Thanks for not calling and speaking to one of our representatives that can further assist you. I apologize but we dont give all of our specific information to random people off the street that we dont know on some forum. For all we know, you could be 12 years old.

2. I'm sorry that you cannot travel to Pennsylvania, we have the intention to expand our operation in the future but for now our humble office outside Philadelphia is the best we can do.

3. The reason there are no updates is because what we do is make a product as fast as possible, and the usual 1-2 year period to bring a product to market doesn't really apply in this situation. We know what works and what doesnt, plans are made in this industry and situations like heat control are no joke. Sometimes things need to be reworked before getting it right because no one has gotten it 100% right thus far and no one gets it right on the first/second or even third try. We also need to meet ISO and UL standards.

If you'd like to chance your money with some of the other companies which claim to have a working Terrahash miner, or are based out of Pakistan or Russia, Ukraine or one of those countries please do. I'm sure they will give lots of technical information and specifications of machines that don't really exist and never will.
sirminesalot

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:59:46 AM

I agree, the alternatives for bit coin mining suck : but that doesn't mean they set the bar for the industry in terms of communication to prospective buyers / commited pre-orders.

Details about who I am or how old I am is irrelevant to what we are talking about. A valid question or statement is just that, a valid one.

Comparing your company to APPLE is like, yes, comparing APPLES to ORANGES.  A company the size of APPLE won't dissolve itself over $50,000 to $100,000 of unfulfilled orders (be it defective hardware, poor design, a winter storm, whatever the case may be).  I mean, can you even tell me about the last pre-order ANYTHING APPLE has sold recently? Point me to these terms of service in regards to APPLE's Pre-order devices and I'll gladly read it.

I hope you succeed and deliver, that's all I want. I think it would be great to have an American company producing these rigs as there is an obvious demand for them. The less that goes to China or a scammer in Croatia, the better.

All I am after is clear updates and offering the advice to better serve yourself and your customers. Consumer confidence is important and just because the industry is flawed in all of these different ways (scammers, under performing/oversold equipemnt, overheating, poor design, etc) doesn't mean that is an excuse to say "ABC Mining Company just screwed 500 people out of money, so Hey, take it or leave it!"

How about stepping up to the plate and earning our trust?

Time will tell. Thanks for the response, I will continue checking for updates and hoping for the best for everyone waiting on the new Miners.
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: