Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:13:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:11:56 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 04:23:40 AM by CoinHoarder

So nobody has received anything yet?  Have those who ordered gotten any news?  Doesn't look good as a perspective buyer.  Has anyone gone there to check them out in person?

I'd hold off on ordering until more proof is provided. This seems kind of sketchy IMO.

Their first miners were supposed to be shipped on November 6th, however no one (apart from AMT themselves) has posted pictures or a review yet. That leads me to believe nothing has shipped yet. They stated most of their customers don't use these forums and they have actually shipped out devices... I'm not sure what I think about that.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:31:50 AM

They stated most of their customers don't use these forums and they have actually shipped out devices... I'm not sure what I think about that.

https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=link%3Aadvancedminers.com&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Not a lot of sites linking to them.

Buy & Hold
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:41:57 AM

They stated most of their customers don't use these forums and they have actually shipped out devices... I'm not sure what I think about that.

https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=link%3Aadvancedminers.com&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Wow.. most of their customers don't use these forums. However, the only link on the entire world wide web to their website is a link on these forums....

Good find. Smiley
davewr2013

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:48:29 AM

Wow.. most of their customers don't use these forums. However, the only link on the entire world wide web to their website is a link on these forums....

Good find. Smiley

I am following this thread with interest as well...

What else would you need? All things Bitcoin seem to end up here somehow.

The only other thing that would be terribly useful to them is a mention on the Genesis Block mining comparison page...

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

That would help.

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 05:53:12 AM

We really don't market or promote our miners on these types of forums. We update them from time to time, but its not a main channel of traffic that's for sure. We do more corporate B2B marketing and a good portion of orders are going to US companies. I'll have marketing send an email out to clients who were already shipped miners and ask them if they like their miners and see if they are willing to help us in a "demo AMT campaign" or something like that. Asking them to directly create a video or review on a forum is kinda like... a bit trashy.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 05:58:50 AM

Good find. Smiley

Yea we just advertise like a normal company, not too big on linking to or selling through forums.. But to calm the crowd in this thread i'll upload a video this evening of the new cases, miner running, and all that.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 07:37:44 AM

Good find. Smiley

Yea we just advertise like a normal company, not too big on linking to or selling through forums.. But to calm the crowd in this thread i'll upload a video this evening of the new cases, miner running, and all that.

That's a good idea. I've also noticed you've toned down your responses a lot. I like that your respond to criticism, if not directly, by action. It says good things to your character.

I wouldn't write off this forum too quickly. As someone else said, all things bitcoin seem to wind up here.

Unless things dramatically change for me, it is unlikely that I will be able to purchase one of your units. However, come spring I am likely to be moving near to you (well, about a day's drive), and I would be willing and interested in doing a video documentary of your company and it's products. We're not talking anything fancy here, as I haven't the equipment, but it would be fun to do, and might bring both of us some revenue. It's not something I can promise at this point, assuming you are interested, but it is highly likely that I will be in a position to do so. By then you ought to be on gen 2 Smiley

As an aside, the inability to purchase has nothing to do with you. My financial house is in ruins.
dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 08:23:32 AM

looking forward to the videos and some photos..
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 10:51:17 AM

there will be no videos
they stated, they have shipped a lot of units already but they cant prove it
it is scam

look at knc
since they started shipping we have seen a lot of videos/pictures

there you have only shady statements.
like labcoin.
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:26:56 AM

this is looking like a scam.. notice how they avoided above questions regarding local pickups? that's just big fat red alarm in my book... trade with extreme caution guys... indeed reminds of labcon...

there will be no videos
it is scam

look at knc

like labcoin.
Gologuzan

Activity: 161

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:46:24 AM

where is "order internationally" button on advancedminers.com.

or this is only USA preferred?
stan258

Activity: 440

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 08:49:36 AM

We should hear something by now.... nothing on YouTube. like those unbox my rig vids.
BtcBling

Activity: 211

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 05:59:12 PM

So far... that's that.

DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 08:55:25 PM

We really don't market or promote our miners on these types of forums. We update them from time to time, but its not a main channel of traffic that's for sure. We do more corporate B2B marketing and a good portion of orders are going to US companies. I'll have marketing send an email out to clients who were already shipped miners and ask them if they like their miners and see if they are willing to help us in a "demo AMT campaign" or something like that. Asking them to directly create a video or review on a forum is kinda like... a bit trashy.

So you're telling us that you shipped this hardware without getting some pics of the shipment going out or good videos of units hashing before shipment?

Hmm...very peculiar.

When we launched Black Arrow's Bitfury Bullet Run in the last month through our co-op we had lots o' updates, pics, and hashrate dashboards available starting from CAD drawings, proceeding to prototype testing, and then actual hashing in Missouri: http://s286.photobucket.com/user/SurfSkateKauai/library/?sort=3&page=1

I highly recommend that you take this type of approach if you want to be taken seriously by this forum: home of the most serious and hardcore ASIC miners and BTC investors in the English speaking world. For a bunch of amateurs (going pro): We've seemed to have done pretty well with this forum which you dismiss so flippantly.
amer

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 12:09:21 AM

I don't think there is a reason to half dip our toe in the "let's be tactful just in case this isn't a scam". This is a scam. It was called that the beginning and this guy doesn't give enough of a shit to reverse that claim now. If it's not a scam, then it's just a terrible company. Either way, stay away. I don't know why anyone would be so desperate for bitcoins that they'd give these guys a second look. It's hard enough for a legit chip assembler to compete against just "buy some BTC and hold onto it", not sure why we have to even put up with companys that simply do-not-give-a-fuck.

Just watch, this post will get an ANGRY vitriolic response which will contain (a) details on how they are too busy to speak to customers on these forums despite the first post which was "we have come here because people here are knowledgeable" (b) fake claims from fake people and claims of how "normal business is done" which to anyone in the actual business world make no sense (c) maybe even pictures of nothing important, but it will still contain NO PROOF.

tips: 1amerApYUVjsKSuVUtfjxaoi7QXG7Zwao
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 03:41:47 AM

Did anyone send them funds?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 06:48:11 AM

where is "order internationally" button on advancedminers.com.

or this is only USA preferred?

International shipping is an option during the checkout process. Write to sales@advancedminers.com for more intl. questions.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 06:49:14 AM

Good find. Smiley

I am following this thread with interest as well...

What else would you need? All things Bitcoin seem to end up here somehow.

The only other thing that would be terribly useful to them is a mention on the Genesis Block mining comparison page...

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

That would help.

Appreciate the support.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 06:50:02 AM

Coming soon.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 06:51:59 AM

this is looking like a scam.. notice how they avoided above questions regarding local pickups? that's just big fat red alarm in my book... trade with extreme caution guys... indeed reminds of labcon...

there will be no videos
it is scam

look at knc

like labcoin.

Right, customers have been to the office, local pickup is an option in the checkout menu and that's been stated several times during this thread. Who's paying you to write this stuff, id love to know at this point lol.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: