Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:36:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheating in bounty programs  (Read 2200 times)
hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:10:14 PM

Do you think that some bounty programs cheat because they do not want to pay bounty hunters by bringing out things to do at they end of bounty campaign? Share your thought or experience.

Some bounty programs are cheat, fake and scam. They tend to dupe the bounty hunters of their rewards after they have achieved their goals and objectives. While some do not meet up with their soft cap.  Digitizecoin is just an example who doesn't meet with soft cap and therefore returned the money of its investors.
This is actually a worst case. Investors will get their money back if the soft cap isn't met. But bounty hunters lost hours of hardwork with no payment. If anyone participated in a signature campaign like that then it would have been a nightmare.

Blah blah
my1st
Copper Member

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:14:41 PM

This is very disappointing when you do work for 1-2 months, and you do not get paid. How to avoid this? Probably not at all, even if you carefully choose the campaign for work.
Just need to continue to work with other bounty campaigns.
sadiem

Activity: 204
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:15:21 PM

There is also a campaign gift of cheating as the Manager did not fully pay salaries for participants. Of course the participants very aggrieved because they were working on a project takes 2-3 month Fund ICO is completed. Strongly feels that the results of their hard work are just wasted.
Specctrall

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:18:50 PM

in my experience, about 30% Bounty find reasons not to pay for the work done.
bigvito19

Activity: 706
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:24:19 PM

Watch the KYC at the end bounties.  They get you all nice and juiced up for your reward.  You did all the hard work then they ask for the real prize. Your passport.  You may end up doing the work, not getting paid and then have your passport or national ID sold on the dark web. 

Good grief, that's crazy that they will go that low.
lumon2112

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 07:33:44 PM

honestly speaking, I heard and read about it in various topics, but I still have not had my own experience, and I hope that such experience will not happen to me and I do not want others)

uatrade

Activity: 112

Transforming the Global Shipping Industry

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:35:47 PM

Yesterday I wanted to register in the bounty Telegram company. But When I checked the spreadsheet the bounty, I found that another person was already registered there under my login the Telegram.

Also there people registered every 30 seconds and there were about 10,000 person in the spreadsheet. I think, there are more than half it is cheaters and bots!

Blockshipping  ────────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ██████████████            Twitter    Facebook        
『 The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET 』  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread  
Brunoaoi007

Activity: 156

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:38:35 PM

We can not deny that the scam exists, and it's annoying when it suddenly changes the rules that are burdensome for the bounty hunter. The project team and the bounty manager in charge of it are also just off hand immediately, back again how we choose a good project. Bounty with benefits and a good team is still there, hopefully we always get something like this
ivlvov

Activity: 140

CRYPTASSIST.io

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:52:49 PM

There is also a campaign gift of cheating as the Manager did not fully pay salaries for participants. Of course the participants very aggrieved because they were working on a project takes 2-3 month Fund ICO is completed. Strongly feels that the results of their hard work are just wasted.
I also heard about such a method of deception when the manager pays bounty hunters very little coins and simply puts himself in a wallet. I think that such managers need to be avoided and punish.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER     》  CRYPTASSIST               |▌  [   ICO HAS STARTED    ▶  JOIN NOW!   ]
            THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD           ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!   ))
Telegram   /  ANN   /  Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /  WhitePaper   /
peymanrmi

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:56:35 PM

some of them, of course,
i attempted in repux token bounty program with 700K value
but at the end, they only distributed 50K
weak teams do weak
PadenoM

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:59:53 PM

Hi, I saw some post about bounty not paying, for sure it exists, after do they any excuse not to pay is also probable like airbnb got a lot of excuses not to repay you for damages
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:05:43 PM

I think the most safest and smartest think they can do this just pay the users because why not people are investing that time and internet on their experiments and they replying back by scanning others by changing the rules are not paying for their work. I had got some reports that some bounty camps are  cheating and I will mark them read trust as soon as I find one.
Emperor of Man

Activity: 886
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:09:13 PM

I have never had that experience personally, but if you're worried about cheating in bounties, try taking part in bounties with reliable and trustworthy managers.

This people are well known and you can easily find a list of them in the forum.  Wink
richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:12:51 PM

As soon as bounty programs start changing rules after they have finish raising their funds through ICO, then they start changing rules like KYC and other unnecessary verification.
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:21:45 PM

Even the projects who don't bring out any further requirements for the bounty participants to perform, outrightly still don't pay bounty hunters. It's just unfortunate that bounty hunting don't have a community or a body that they can be represented through.
olsyd

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:25:15 PM

Do you think that some bounty programs cheat because they do not want to pay bounty hunters by bringing out things to do at they end of bounty campaign? Share your thought or experience.
I think such projects just want to save money/coins using a free advertising. Of course this is not fair, but there is nothing to be done about it. I am absolutely sure that the project that tries to cheat will never be successful because they ruin their reputation at the initial stage
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:34:09 PM

I have never had that experience personally, but if you're worried about cheating in bounties, try taking part in bounties with reliable and trustworthy managers.

This people are well known and you can easily find a list of them in the forum.  Wink

How does having reliable and trustworthy managers have anything to do with the cheating that goes on in a bounty campaign. Clearly you haven't even checked how it works otherwise you wouldn't say something so completely ridiculous. Unless they have a custom system that automatically tracks applicants based on IP address or some other metric, cheating will always be a problem.
topchiiy86

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:38:59 PM

I always check the spreadsheets of my bounty campaigns for duplicate records, as there're so many cheaters nowadays that use your account to get free money. And in the worth scenario you can be banned from bounty campaign if a manager finds your duplicate record.
phpartisanmaster

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:51:17 PM

Actually, the hardest thing for a bounty participants to experience is that if they will not get their payouts, there are bounty campaigns today who are not paying their participants if they did not give their kyc authentication but it was very obvious that they only want to scam their own participants.
maro159

Activity: 196
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:56:53 PM

There may be some mistakes in spreadsheet - but it is obvious, thing like that could happen.
If Team does not want to pay you for bounty work, they are scammmers. It doesn't matter to me if they scam distributing tokens either for ICO participants or bounty hunters. Cheating is cheating and it is the thing I really hate.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: