Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:55:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KNC, 100% of their hashing is currently going into their own pocket.  (Read 10793 times)
KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 12:50:56 AM

if a troll is in the forest, under a bridge, and no one pays him a toll - has the troll done its job by preventing others passage?
lets change around some semantics:
If a global moderator feels compelled to nitpick a company for using an address on their 1st prototyped completed unit and yet turns around and accepted bfl money for years...does that make him a global Troll???  JOHN K?HuhHuh?
It's a bit trolly to pick on KNC with only .5 TH online— which is why I made the "I guess I feel left out of the trolling" comment. But I really don't understand why people tolerate manufacturers competing with them. Battered wife syndrome perhaps.
Its nothing as I see avalon testing some terahashes in eligius in months and keep customers to wait and waste of ROI.
It's funny, before avalon had products in existence they made a nice strongly worded comment about how competent testing doesn't involve mining on the network (a position I agree with). As far as I know they didn't mine at scale on the mainnet to test batch 1 units... but the later stuff?  Yea. That also falls into my bin of "why the heck are people tolerating this??".

Seriously???

I've been telling ppl they're full of it for 600+ pages.

What will it take for everyone to get in on the program?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:02:15 AM

if a troll is in the forest, under a bridge, and no one pays him a toll - has the troll done its job by preventing others passage?
If a global moderator feels compelled to nitpick a company for using an address on their 1st prototyped completed unit and yet turns around and accepted bfl money for years...does that make him a global Troll???  JOHN K?HuhHuh?
It's a bit trolly to pick on KNC with only .5 TH online— which is why I made the "I guess I feel left out of the trolling" comment. But I really don't understand why people tolerate manufacturers competing with them. Battered wife syndrome perhaps.
Its nothing as I see avalon testing some terahashes in eligius in months and keep customers to wait and waste of ROI.
It's funny, before avalon had products in existence they made a nice strongly worded comment about how competent testing doesn't involve mining on the network (a position I agree with). As far as I know they didn't mine at scale on the mainnet to test batch 1 units... but the later stuff?  Yea. That also falls into my bin of "why the heck are people tolerating this??".

Seriously???

They haven't made a heck of a lot - http://blockexplorer.com/address/17Czc8RVL3FU5T2MLx2zLbRnpfBNgH9vFo Anyway, they've been working all weekend so maybe they need some beer money - or Champagne money - and they deserve it!  Finally a company that is a class act and still we aren't happy...
 Kudos to KnC!!!

Take care

Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:04:40 AM

Seriously???

They haven't made a heck of a lot - http://blockexplorer.com/address/17Czc8RVL3FU5T2MLx2zLbRnpfBNgH9vFo Anyway, they've been working all weekend so maybe they need some beer money - or Champagne money - and they deserve it!  Finally a company that is a class act and still we aren't happy...
 Kudos to KnC!!!

Take care

Smiley

https://blockchain.info/address/17Czc8RVL3FU5T2MLx2zLbRnpfBNgH9vFo
rizzman

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:20:06 AM

I guess I feel a bit left out of all the trolling—

KNC is now mining on their hardware, while customers wait for it to ship:

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/17Czc8RVL3FU5T2MLx2zLbRnpfBNgH9vFo

This is, as far as I know, 100% of the KNC hashrate in existence. Pedantically speaking, it means that KNC is violating their 5% commitment.

Testing doesn't involve using the production network. Production mining is unlikely to test finding blocks— whereas testnet, or replays of past found blocks are more complete tests.  Mining on the mainnet increases the difficulty and takes income from customers who are waiting on units that will be late.  Every bit of earlier mining is worth large amounts of future mining due to expected growth.

I do not understand why miners keep funding mining hardware companies that mine in competition with their own customers.

Are you serious? Cant tell if trolling the trolls or just retarded.

You know, the old books did always say the only way to get rid of a troll is by the proper application of fire  Tongue
Dagger75

Activity: 156

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:20:48 AM

https://ghash.io/

Bitfury has been mining over 100TH/s for about 6 weeks...Now they're at 220TH/s.

I sure don't agree with Hardware companies Selling us Millions of $$ of mining hardware while they're mining 10%-40% of the whole damn network!~!  While We wait for our gear to get delivered

>>>http://foundation.leafco.in/<<<  Please help support our cause

>>>A True Alt, with a True Purpose<<<  $$Leafcoin$$
gmaxwell (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 01:21:15 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2013, 01:44:19 AM by gmaxwell

yeeah , on a testnet !?
And everybody will troll they fixed the tests, like that wil work.....
No they wont— it's not possible to "fix" testnet mining any more than mainnet mining, hashing is it's own proof....  at least not anymore than you have on the mainnet:  How do you know thats KNC hardware hashing and not just a bitfury device or a couple avalons/bfls?
Business men everywhere are all the same.  What they do is limited by the laws of where they operate?
If you think otherwise, you are very naive.
And the contracts they form with their investors and customers. I wonder why so many people here give money to companies that use it to turn around and compete with them?
It's proof it's hashing. They will stop, just shut up for a day.
No, it's not proof— after all, it could just as easily be some other hardware. They won't stop either— perhaps temporarily, but you can go find pictures of their build-out in the thread.

I find is strange that Moderators like gmaxwell are taking this path. I thought this forum was neutral to everything and let user decide for themselves.
So, my ability to just use the forum like anyone else vanishes when I say something you don't like? I see.
What do you have to win here by doing this?
Nothing. I was idling in Eligius' IRC channel and Bargraphics linked to the announcement. I thought it was ridiculous that KNC was mining on mainnet, competing with their own customers, while they are waiting on now late equipment. Thus the post.

If a mod can troll the reputation of a wannabe legit ASIC manufacturer, whyfore can the mod NOT receive such damage to his rep?
"troll the reputation"— uh, pointing something out, and saying that I'd be furious about it if I were a customer...  If their reputation is going to be dinged by some disapproval, then perhaps they ought not do things that are so easily disapproved of. Smiley  If you don't think this is a reason someone should be unhappy, then please feel free to ignore it.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:26:44 AM

The typical swarm of locusts descends to fight to the cannibalistic death over the latest mining drama  Cheesy

The only solution to this mess is the ROI-pocalypse. Post-ASIC mining cannot get to a stable short-term outcome scenario too soon. I fear it will take anything up to 6 months, though.

Vires in numeris
erschiessen

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:33:00 AM

I gave you a negative trust rating because of this horseshit FUD.
Worst faggy waste of forum resources that I have seen today.
From a frikkin moderator in this very subforum, no less.

That has nothing to do with the rating system. This is an abuse of the rating system.
Feel free to give me a negative rating, then. I don't give a shit, because I don't need to pretend to show impartiality, like you two SHOULD.
Spreading bullshit about a company because it is in your financial interests to see them fail (or insert whatever reason here) please tell me how that is NOT an issue of trust -OR (I should say) - a violation of trust.

Or, is this place one where trolls have taken over, and should not be called out as such?
If he cared about his reputation, he shouldn't be such a dumbass, right?
The Trust Rating System was rolled out well after I became a member, as such, I signed no TOS regarding it.
It was called for (well, some system of rating others, not this one) in part because of the LACK of impartiality shown by bitcointalk mods and staff. Favoritism shown to some, vitriol toward others.

If a mod can troll the reputation of a wannabe legit ASIC manufacturer, whyfore can the mod NOT receive such damage to his rep?

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:42:56 AM

yeeah , on a testnet !?
No they wont— it's not possible to "fix" testnet mining any more than mainnet mining, hashing is it's own proof....  at least not anymore than you have on the mainnet:  How do you know thats KNC hardware hashing and not just a bitfury device or a couple avalons/bfls?
Business men everywhere are all the same.  What they do is limited by the laws of where they operate?
And the contracts they form with their investors and customers. I wonder why so many people here give money to companies that use it to turn around and compete with them?
No, it's not proof— after all, it could just as easily be some other hardware. They won't stop either— perhaps temporarily, but you can go find pictures of their build-out in the thread.

I find is strange that Moderators like gmaxwell are taking this path. I thought this forum was neutral to everything and let user decide for themselves.
So, my ability to just use the forum like anyone else vanishes when I say something you don't like? I see.
What do you have to win here by doing this?
Nothing. I was idling in Eligius' IRC channel and Bargraphics linked to the announcement. I thought it was ridiculous that KNC was mining on mainnet, competing with their own customers, while they are waiting on now late equipment. Thus the post.

So what's the point of this thread exactly?

Edit: But they already said they will mine with their own farm. So? At least they had the decency to let customers know...

gmaxwell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 01:51:13 AM

Edit: But they already said they will mine with their own farm. So? At least they had the decency to let customers know...
Indeed, but "no more than 5%", after it was demanded by customers. It's currently 100% as far as I can tell. Pedantry, ... sure, a bit, but the most important mining is the earliest.

So what's the point of this thread exactly?
See the OP: "I do not understand why miners keep funding mining hardware companies that mine in competition with their own customers."

Besides, sometimes it's fun to watch the crazy partisans froth here and there.
amer

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:56:23 AM

yeeah , on a testnet !?
Because matches the Eligius link.

Was there some contract where it was stated that they are not allowed to mine with their own equipment? I missed this. Wouldn't it just be prudent that if you're producing mining equipment that you also eat your own dog food?

Again, the same unit on the laptop in the posted Youtube video is the one hashing.

I have no horse in this race ($0 in KnC gear), but I can't see that this "discovery" really makes a point. They are late on their promises, which is a problem by itself, but if they are mining with one of their own units, I don't think this is damning.

tips: 1amerApYUVjsKSuVUtfjxaoi7QXG7Zwao
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:57:10 AM

Indeed, but "no more than 5%", after it was demanded by customers. It's currently 100% as far as I can tell. Pedantry, ... sure, a bit, but the most important mining is the earliest.

Hilarious desperation of trolling

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 01:59:07 AM

You are either drunk or high. Do you really think that 0.5Th/s is 100% of their total hashing amount? They got lots of units to ship and they can mine with a lot more, but they don't. They just need X minutes to assemble one more unit.

Actually your thread title is very correct and will remain correct no matter the terms, because 100% of THEIR hashing will always go into their own pocket Wink

gmaxwell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 02:02:19 AM

Goes well with the hilarious desperate defenses. ... If you don't think there is anything wrong with how some miner hardware companies compete with their own customers even while late on their delivers— then there is nothing to defend and nothing to see here.
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:03:48 AM

Goes well with the hilarious desperate defenses. ... If you don't think there is anything wrong with how some miner hardware companies compete with their own customers even while late on their delivers— then there is nothing to defend and nothing to see here.

lol you're such a moron. this thread is so pointless.
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:09:21 AM

What's actually wrong is the impartiality of the Mods. Why aren't you also blaming Avalon? There are numerous reports of units full of dusts and with pre-made settings.

Dagger75

Activity: 156

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:17:17 AM

Don't ANY of you see the larger picture here?  Mining Companies hashing on live Network after customers paid Millions for those devices.  As an Example, Bitfury was nearly 35% of the network when they first rolled out their gear.  https://ghash.io/

Instead of thinking a couple days or weeks down the line, look a few months down the line and how do you see the Bitcoin Network?  Are any hobby miners going to be able to survive when there are 10 Hardware companies making up 80% of the total (Now Centralized) Network.

KnC has done a great job in getting their gear out in record time so far but the point about mining remains imho.

>>>http://foundation.leafco.in/<<<  Please help support our cause

>>>A True Alt, with a True Purpose<<<  $$Leafcoin$$
gmaxwell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 02:19:21 AM

Why aren't you also blaming Avalon? There are numerous reports of units full of dusts and with pre-made settings.
Why would I be blaming Avalon? I'm not blaming KNC.  If anyone at all, I'm blaming their customers.  Avalon customers— well, post-batch-1 customers have already been punished enough to not get flak from me, dontcha think?

I'm generally pretty harsh on hashing power consolidations. They undermine the security assumptions of the Bitcoin system. Review my posts if you like.
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:26:09 AM

Wait, what?  All I see is one Jupiter running?
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 02:27:52 AM

However true, I would criticise the timing of the OP  Grin. You have angered the natives, and it seems that as far as rational debate goes, you can choose between sacrificial heart eating and crucifixion.

Vires in numeris
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: