Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:52:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: YIFU IS AUCTIONNING?  (Read 22108 times)
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:01:48 PM

Claimed they were confiscated in customs,

Source?

YiFuck himself stated that. Go check his posting history, cba to search through his garbage myself.

I think he actually claimed the chips were held up in customs - not confiscated.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
AdamKD

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:02:39 PM

Source?

Professor, I sense you are having difficulty coming to grips with the reality that that man is an unprincipled slug who deserves no further business, nor even any further recognition as a contributing member of the bitcoin community.  

After all, it's not like the case of BFL, where one can at least argue that there are no innocent victims; the customers were greedy followers of an illusion of free money and learned the lesson of that.  

The failure on the part of Avalon destroyed many in the open source community who expended time and treasure in the belief that the chips would be delivered.  

For example, the Klonkike developer, BKKcoins, has completely disappeared.  While one might hope that he got a great job out of the effort and left bitcoin behind, I fear that that is not the true outcome.  

He asked a specific question and didn't look for a lecture.  Whatever someone does with their money is their business, not yours.

The confiscation idea might stem from the chips "being held at customs" and them (Avalon) receiving "real life threats".  Therefore, the "confiscation" is more of a theory than backed by supporting evidence.  The only thing we know is that 1) Yifu stated chips were held at customs 2) Yifu stated team members were receiving real life threats.  Anything else beyond that is a theory (One can even argue that #1 and #2 are lies - it's basically a mess as their answers to the community answer nothing).

I'm absolutely not defending Avalon.  I'm just reiterating what was stated.  Anything beyond that is a theory that may/may not be true.  Also, I'm leaning towards not doing business with Avalon in the future.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:05:26 PM

I wonder, where did Yifu get the refund money? I get the feeling they sold those chips (in part) to the highest bidder.
What ever came about with the threats story? Any police reports or the like?
Lawsuits in the works?

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
jermwerty

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:05:56 PM

Auction OVER!

Tradehill lagged at the end.  Almost was unable to re-bid.  But got a few for cheap!
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:08:43 PM

Source?

Professor, I sense you are having difficulty coming to grips with the reality that that man is an unprincipled slug who deserves no further business, nor even any further recognition as a contributing member of the bitcoin community.  

After all, it's not like the case of BFL, where one can at least argue that there are no innocent victims; the customers were greedy followers of an illusion of free money and learned the lesson of that.  

The failure on the part of Avalon destroyed many in the open source community who expended time and treasure in the belief that the chips would be delivered.  

For example, the Klonkike developer, BKKcoins, has completely disappeared.  While one might hope that he got a great job out of the effort and left bitcoin behind, I fear that that is not the true outcome.  

He asked a specific question and didn't look for a lecture.  Whatever someone does with their money is their business, not yours.

The confiscation idea might stem from the chips "being held at customs" and them (Avalon) receiving "real life threats".  Therefore, the "confiscation" is more of a theory than backed by supporting evidence.  The only thing we know is that 1) Yifu stated chips were held at customs 2) Yifu stated team members were receiving real life threats.  Anything else beyond that is a theory (One can even argue that #1 and #2 are lies - it's basically a mess as their answers to the community answer nothing).

I'm absolutely not defending Avalon.  I'm just reiterating what was stated.  Anything beyond that is a theory that may/may not be true.  Also, I'm leaning towards not doing business with Avalon in the future.

Thanks.  I remember reading the "held at customs" news that Yifu posted.

I try to be respectful and informed.
therustytrombone

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:09:35 PM

The auction is over, I lost, and now my coins are stuck in limbo.  Nice touch!   Huh
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:10:03 PM

Auction OVER!

Tradehill lagged at the end.  Almost was unable to re-bid.  But got a few for cheap!

I got outbid, and lagged out.

I try to be respectful and informed.
greaterninja

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:11:14 PM

Auction OVER!

Tradehill lagged at the end.  Almost was unable to re-bid.  But got a few for cheap!

i bid 2.2btc per unit and lost by .01 btc.    the site lagged out.  if anyone wants to sell me one to five for cheap i'd be happy.  just pm me or post.

they are holding 22 of my btc still too.
smoothrunnings

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:15:10 PM

I was outbit but I still haven't see the 2BTC's either return to my Tradehill account or to my wallet. Is there something that I am missing?
hephaist0s

Activity: 711
Merit: 532

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:16:22 PM

Lagged out in the final minutes, couldn't even rebid. Very frustrating.

Tips graciously accepted on my behalf by Mr. Pig. | object2212.com | BTC:1H78y8FVeQrWY6KnxA6WLFQGUoajCuiMAu | ETH:0x3c1bC39EC7F3f6b26ACb6eeeEFe7dE2f486a72E9
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 04:16:39 PM

and the question remains, do they come with a PSU?
jermwerty

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:25:51 PM

Why would they not?  THEY BETTER ITS IN THE PICTURE and it was never mentioned as "not included" right?
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:27:06 PM

I was outbit but I still haven't see the 2BTC's either return to my Tradehill account or to my wallet. Is there something that I am missing?
Their withdrawal page states:
Transfers from Tradehill will require one business day to process.
so maybe the same is true with failed bid refunds as well.

Lagged out in the final minutes, couldn't even rebid. Very frustrating.
That's the risk you take when you try to snipe. Since I had a feeling their site wouldn't handle the last minute sniping I put up my max bid 30 minutes before end of auction to be safe and got 3 units for 2.29BTC ea. Curious if Yufi is happy with the results considering the previous minimum bid was 6BTC...
smoothrunnings

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:29:09 PM

If you read the auction details you would know they come with PSU's. Smiley

Loredo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:29:54 PM

You are absolutely right.  And if you reread my "lecture," and check my posting history, you'll see I have rarely, if ever, stated that anyone should not deal with anyone.  Pointing out evident corruption, or the probability of total loss, is different than falsely assuming the right to invoke en loco parentis.

On the other hand, the taste in my mouth that comes from a quite general willingness among bitcoin miners to deal with devils if they offer a possibility of hashing hardware is one of the reasons I'm still around here only to see the (hopefully) successful implementation of BFL's bare chips on DIY enablements.

Cheers.
jermwerty

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:41:08 PM

That's the risk you take when you try to snipe. Since I had a feeling their site wouldn't handle the last minute sniping I put up my max bid 30 minutes before end of auction to be safe and got 3 units for 2.29BTC ea. Curious if Yufi is happy with the results considering the previous minimum bid was 6BTC...

Yep I called it right also.  Had a bid up since yesterday but at the last 7 minutes moved it up by .1 BTC per unit and that saved me!  I figured TradeHill would lag.  I had enough trouble trying to do bids when the site was "nomal" (IE vs Chrome showed very different data).

I am out a bunch of BTC from Batch 3.  This will hopefully make up for some of that.  I had tossed around the idea trying to get Yifu's attention for <3BTC minis previously as a compensation for B3 owners, well that wish came true in a round-about way!

Now a new problem, how to run 8600W of Avalons... thank goodness its winter!
zerocode20

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:46:09 PM

Why would they not?  THEY BETTER ITS IN THE PICTURE and it was never mentioned as "not included" right?

I automatically assumed there was NO power supply, especially for 2BTC. I am happy getting a few for 2.3 and I have a box of PSU's left over from my GPU days Smiley

"That which you call your soul or spirit is your consciousness, and that which you call 'free will' is your mind's freedom to think or not, the only will you have, your only freedom, the choice that controls all the choices you make and determines your life and your character."
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:48:19 PM

Long, long time ago I used 6000W electric heater to successfully heat 3-room apartment in continental climate. Good luck with cooling all that equipment.
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:49:28 PM

Long, long time ago I used 6000W electric heater to successfully heat 3-room apartment in continental climate. Good luck with cooling all that equipment.

Easy, crack a window Wink
greaterninja

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:50:08 PM

Yep I called it right also.  Had a bid up since yesterday but at the last 7 minutes moved it up by .1 BTC per unit and that saved me!  I figured TradeHill would lag.  I had enough trouble trying to do bids when the site was "nomal" (IE vs Chrome showed very different data).

I am out a bunch of BTC from Batch 3.  This will hopefully make up for some of that.  I had tossed around the idea trying to get Yifu's attention for <3BTC minis previously as a compensation for B3 owners, well that wish came true in a round-about way!

Anything over 6-7kw is a lot for even a house.  I am not sure if your house will be able to handle 8600 watts in the circuits.  If you want to sell a few let me know Smiley.

On a side note..yeah it sucks i lost the auction by .01; but i still have btc to use toward cashout or re-investing.

Cheers to you gents who won. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: