Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:00:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: YIFU IS AUCTIONNING?  (Read 22108 times)
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 02:54:01 AM

I have no history with Avalon. All I know is there was an auction last week. I paid very low sum and have a bunch of miners in my office.
Given the weight of these things, it cost him more to ship them than I paid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:44:38 AM

However let's not forget how much he screwed us and don't buy overpriced hardware in an auction.

I guess I have been sleeping under a rock, but how did he (Yifu) screw us?

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:56:18 AM

He may not have "screwed" you,but almost every group buy for his 110nm chips got fucked...not screwed,big difference...by him not shipping in time or not at all & slow on the refunds for those chip buys & the batch 3 rig buyers got fucked too for the same reason................

Go ahead,send Y I FU BTC,he just made a nice little chunk on the price rise off your BTC  Roll Eyes

Read this:    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269950.0

Y I FU,YOU ARE A PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!!

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Threader

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 04:41:21 PM

Ha Ha Ha You reap what you sow
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 04:42:34 PM

wtf is with people buying Avalon shit after what Yifu has done?

Greedy bastards, they would sell their own mother for a buck.

Put more money in Yifus pocket and then flip them on Ebay.

HEY! a mans got to make a living right?

Not if you make a criminal more money while you do it.

I'm pretty sure Yufi sold these at a loss. The declared value on mine were $500 each so I'm wondering if that was his cost but regardless I'm sure he didn't make them for the $300 I bought them for...

In other news, my wife just used my "MINI ASIC heaters" to rise some yeast for some cinnamon bread she's making for dessert Tongue

They were a loss until you bought them, then he got to right off the rest.
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:30:06 PM

He may not have "screwed" you,but almost every group buy for his 110nm chips got fucked...not screwed,big difference...by him not shipping in time or not at all & slow on the refunds for those chip buys & the batch 3 rig buyers got fucked too for the same reason................

Go ahead,send Y I FU BTC,he just made a nice little chunk on the price rise off your BTC  Roll Eyes

If he didn't sell the BTC at the close of the auction then it was his choice to hold them as an investment which could have also caused a loss if the market had crashed instead. Yes I was not happy with the unexplained delays with my batch #2 but they still turned a profit so I must give him some credit since it's far easier to risk money in a preorder than to bring an ASIC miner to market. I followed that thread I agree Yufi really fucked up batch 3 and bulk chips and has almost zero customer service but getting all worked up because people bought his very cheap and promptly delivered mini's is irrational. We decided to take a risk based on his past performance and the new terms of this in-hand auction via third-party and it paid off, simple as that.

WUT?
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 06:58:29 PM

What Yifu did was dishonorable and shameful. If you choose to do business with him, you are bringing shame on yourself for financially supporting such a person, regardless of how good of a deal you get.

Tehfiend

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:10:59 PM

What Yifu did was dishonorable and shameful. If you choose to do business with him, you are bringing shame on yourself for financially supporting such a person, regardless of how good of a deal you get.

Yufi would have done better mining with these himself so buying these did not support him financially.

I do not shop at Walmart because of their business practices but I dot not feel people that do bring shame on themselves. I also do not approve of how the oil industry operates but I must buy gas which I also feel does not bring shame upon myself. It is a free market which cares little of emotions and morals unfortunately.

Anybody that is pre-ordering magic money making machines must really realize there is a huge risk. Really think about what you are buying. If you are not ready to take the risk then you should not participate.
driksson

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:26:01 PM

wow, yes, there was an invoice attached at $500 per piece! lucky they asked me for one.. however, got me almost a 3 day delay for them not finding it.. i guess its almost breakeven..
smoothrunnings

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 06:28:18 PM

Just to confirm with everyone about the power cable and antenna missing; this is the response I got back from Avalon Support:

---
Oct 23 8:38pm

Avalon Support replied
minis do not ship with antennas due to more issues with customs, power cables are not included.
---

I say no worries as you can get a decent Wifi 8dBi antenna if you shop around for very little. $8 CAD.
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 07:15:16 PM

If he didn't sell the BTC at the close of the auction then it was his choice to hold them as an investment which could have also caused a loss if the market had crashed instead. Yes I was not happy with the unexplained delays with my batch #2 but they still turned a profit so I must give him some credit since it's far easier to risk money in a preorder than to bring an ASIC miner to market. I followed that thread I agree Yufi really fucked up batch 3 and bulk chips and has almost zero customer service but getting all worked up because people bought his very cheap and promptly delivered mini's is irrational. We decided to take a risk based on his past performance and the new terms of this in-hand auction via third-party and it paid off, simple as that.

WUT?

It's accounting you wouldn't understand.
Tehfiend

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 08:06:51 PM

WUT?

It's accounting you wouldn't understand.

O RLY? So then I assume by "right off the rest" you actually mean "write off"? Yes please explain to me this complicated accounting thingy where getting to deduct this loss against his income means it is not a loss. You must be one of those that thinks when somebody "writes off" a business lunch then it is somehow free (it's not).
rograz

Activity: 575

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 11:34:41 PM

I say no worries as you can get a decent Wifi 8dBi antenna if you shop around for very little. $8 CAD.

cba with wifi when they have a Ethernet port that works just fine.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 11:37:51 PM

He probably mined them for months before selling... No way he sold for a loss.
rograz

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 11:42:49 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2013, 12:31:14 PM by rograz

Considering how unstable they were with the stock firmware I doubt it, had several units that kept locking up and had to be hard reset, issues with hashrate dropping over time and web interface going unresponsive. This was all in the first 24h before I had time to reflash them with ckolivas latest firmware, after that they have been rock solid for 30h so far.

edit: Also, these things actually seems to have a bit of headroom. Been running 2 units at 390 for 2 hours without issues atm, next step 400!
ssinc

Activity: 364

Hash for Cash!

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 05:37:40 AM

edit: Also, these things actually seems to have a bit of headroom. Been running a 2 units at 390 for 2 hours without issues atm, next step 400!

ditto, pretty stable at 61.5 GH/s for about 2 hours now.

smoothrunnings

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:23:19 AM

edit: Also, these things actually seems to have a bit of headroom. Been running a 2 units at 390 for 2 hours without issues atm, next step 400!

ditto, pretty stable at 61.5 GH/s for about 2 hours now.

I am running mine at 400Mhz, 63GH/s for over a day HW% 0.8251

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:33:54 AM

Considering how unstable they were with the stock firmware I doubt it, had several units that kept locking up and had to be hard reset, issues with hashrate dropping over time and web interface going unresponsive. This was all in the first 24h before I had time to reflash them with ckolivas latest firmware, after that they have been rock solid for 30h so far.

edit: Also, these things actually seems to have a bit of headroom. Been running 2 units at 390 for 2 hours without issues atm, next step 400!
What firmware do you have on them? I have one that does just that, even at a lowered speed and in 0C ambient.
rograz

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:46:58 AM

What firmware do you have on them? I have one that does just that, even at a lowered speed and in 0C ambient.

ckolivas 08/21
Tehfiend

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:21:08 AM

ckolivas 08/21

I've been running with this firmware for a week at 400 with no problems.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: