Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:17:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT IF the GOVERNMENT wins over BITCOIN?  (Read 2509 times)
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:12:48 PM

I doubt that any government will be able to win with Bitcoin. The only thing that they can try is banning Bitcoin which won't help them much because there is no way to know who is the owner of particiular address as long as you don't expose yourself. I can't imagine how a government could win with Bitcoin. It is simply not possible due to its decentralised nature. Many people in my country would emigrate if mining, buying and selling cryptocurrencies became illegal now. Many people make a living with Bitcoin.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
yadwoa69

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:52:27 PM

Government cannot win over bitcoin since it don't control mining nor blockchain, yet it can block the use of it.  If blocking is what government can do to win over bitcoin, users can use other means to still access the blockchain.
olivinetowhee

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 10:02:06 PM

i have nothing in my mind because i am not in the bitcoin economy so no tensions...
carodupuis

Activity: 382
Merit: 100

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:44:36 AM

If you don't know then let me tell you that Bitcoin is a decentralized currency. What this means is that no single party controls bitcoin meaning even if the governments ban bitcoin there are going to be nodes running and miners mining bitcoin all over the world and theres going to be at least one country who will be crypto friendly.
Such people are lucky whose governments are with them and understand the need of making bitcoin rather the crypto currencies legal for the prosperity and welfare of the society. We are living in a global village and we need such technologies which connect us with each other in few minutes. Bitcoin should be made legal in other countries as well. The combination of government and bitcoin is best for the development of the state.
Spanopohlo

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

Aim High! Bow Low!

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:53:21 AM

If the government really wins over bitcoin then expect the Great Regulation of this these coins. the Government will not sit back and relax as a new currency is wavering over the country. Together with banks they are to regulate and limit the use of BTC, whereas Citizens arenow submitted to do some tax in terms with using Bitcoin. So, While its still is Free at a certain country, lets Do what we can about it.

dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:30:45 AM

if the government wins against bitcoin then the crypto currency will not bounce higher because the crypto currency is often controlled by the government. the possibility of bitcoin prices will go down even further, I suggest for all holders of crypto currency to hold and support the crypto currency so as not to lose by the government. I am afraid bitcoin will disappear forever because all governments in the world prohibit crypto currency.

ashlyvash00

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:36:17 AM

ahmm its depend on overnment... many government acccepting crypto currency now. other are not so would you clarify your question?? because theres country government accepting and other are not..
hsnjtdj

Activity: 106

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:39:38 AM

I think if bitcoin becomes a currency, then it must be controlled by the government. At present, many countries’ governments do not allow it to exist because they cannot control it. Therefore, many countries now prohibit it.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:40:56 AM

Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided

what i think is that there are two different topics here.
one is the bans of ICOs and all the scams that has been going on and strict regulations that will be required for them.
another is the subject that you used here but didn't even talk about it yourself. and that is the usage of a decentralized cryptocurrency which is bitcoin.

the first one is a must and it will happen all around the world without any exceptions. and the second one is not really something to worry about. the dumb bans on bitcoin has only happened in less than 1% of the world and the rest have accepted it officially or unofficially.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
followmenot

Activity: 533
Merit: 251

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:46:28 AM

Governments have 0 chance against cryptocurrencies. There will always be some coins to replace. For example anon coins: monero and zcash. We shouldn't worry about bitcoin. Also I believe governments will always stay friendly to btc.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:32:27 PM

ahmm its depend on overnment... many government acccepting crypto currency now. other are not so would you clarify your question?? because theres country government accepting and other are not..
There is no competition between the governments and the crypto currency, the competition is between the central banking sector and the decentralized monetary system. The economic super powers of the world which include Germany, Great Britain and United States haven’t put any kind of restriction on the bitcoin, but they are only monitoring the situation for the future adoption of the economic system.
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:04:06 AM

Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is truth that we can make much but we are in fear that governments can win over the cryptourrency market .
But still with lots of legalised rules in many big economic countries we are in favour to use cryptourrency with less fear .
And also here we can see that every time dump in the market of cryptourrency is due to the reason is negative news about cryptourrency and also I can see that most of the people are trying to make much profit as they can because they are having panic feeling that anything may happen in future with the use of cryptourrency .
But still with the ban we have some options of use our cryptourrency in another world i.e if we found that government ban the bitcoin then we shouldn't get into panic sell but we should hold our assets to sell after better stability to sell in outside of your country where it is legalised .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
kotajikikox

Activity: 2394
Merit: 209

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:46:42 AM

Actually everything are possible in this world for the new technology but i think that regulation for the cryptocurrency want to implement by the world Security and exchange commission are not easy, impossible to implement that for this year because need to study how to control the cryptos as volatile currency but it is possible to become regulated for long time study and researching how to control cryptos as volatile, do not worry mate just enjoy your freedom now as cryptocurrency investor wait for the announcement what will happen if cryptocurrency become regulated.
Hoping have good result for us if cryptocurrency finish to study by the government authority about regulation.

assyla

Activity: 319
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:50:12 AM

Just like what other said, there is no competition or battle between the government or the fiat money and cryptocurrency. In fact cryptocurrency and fiat money have different uses, it also have disadvantages and advantages. For me, just believe what you want to believe and do such things that bitcoin will also benefits to you.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:41:48 PM

BTC is that cryptocurrency that has numerous of advantages and is popular world wide and has millions of investors but the only problem with BTC is that there is no governing body over it and this is the reason why government has not centralize it but if this news is true that in the year 2018, it will be take over by the government then obviously this is the very good news though there are some issues that every investor will feel is the issue of freedom but above all, it's centralization is very necessary to that more and more people can take the advantages of BTC.
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:45:42 PM

now, after 72Y of peace, we have weekest govements ever

dragoz11

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:50:21 PM

well the majority says that the governments can`t stop the crypto craze because of blockchain... but what I think is that we have to secure ourselves also with other investments as governments can be insane and do anything when you correspond with their interests.
cheesegrilledH

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:53:36 AM

I have invested a huge amount of money recently during the dip; please dont make me suicide because the news is terrific
hsdjdyt

Activity: 125

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:09:18 AM

Obviously, the country’s ban on Bitcoin is a very bad news for the industry. This will cause Bitcoin prices to continue to fall, but I still think Bitcoin will erupt again and let us look forward to it.
unfriendlytealT

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:24:15 PM

I am going to sell out my stocks as soon as possible within the next dump so that i am fresh to take new decision
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: