Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:20:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT IF the GOVERNMENT wins over BITCOIN?  (Read 2515 times)
load1ng

Activity: 246
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:23:18 AM

I think the most likely case is the government will use the bitcoin technology instead of fighting it forever.
Zahrowil Qolbi

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:31:30 AM

It's also in my mind and my friends. It's a real problem that scares some people because if the government wins Bitcoin and begins to legalize it, I am sure it will be the start of Bitcoin's fall.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:36:05 PM

It'll be a bummer. Totally useless. It just became literally digital money but with rules and regulations from the government. It defeated the purpose of cryptocurrency which is liberal money. But I guess we can say that the government may have a plan to regulate cryptocurrency and make it stable.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Amrxx

Activity: 53

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:42:40 PM

If this happens, it will be immediately clear that the state wants to control it and completely kill anonymity, and the people will not like it, will lead to very bad consequences!
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:52:00 PM

You have a wrong perception regarding this issue, regulations doesn't mean that they will going to have full control over bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, regulation is just to tax cryptos and catch scammers/criminals on the network. According to my understanding to control decentralized cryptocurrencies is simply impossible because there is no central authority involved.
You don't need to worry about regulation if you are not doing anything illegal. 
neerajmittaljii

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:57:01 PM

It is said now China is a cashless society. US dollar, Euro, UK pound, Chinese Yuan, Japanese Yen, Indian Rupee and others are digital currency when you pay at shops, bills, online shopping by credit cards or debit cards.These regulations also have a lot of advantages. 
zhanyiguai261315

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:59:05 PM

Digital cryptographic currency is an encrypted currency network which is decentralized based on blockchain technology. It is difficult for the government to control the digital encrypted currency.

The government can only regulate digital cryptography!
Hobo66

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:14:04 PM

Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided

Well what I could say is, this would make the price of bitcoin be stable for
feeling comfortable with your money in, but this will also include tax and other regulations.

Code:
                                  ██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:35:42 PM

the goverment cant litteraly wins over bitcoin, this blockchain technology is decentralized and anonymously. the only way that they can do is spreading FUD to undermine and weaken the bitcoin market. even if the government is able to win the battle against bitcoin communities, all they can do is give strict regulation in their respective countries but not in the world as a whole. and bitcoin users in the country will not be completely dead, they can still do activities through underground, even if it is illegal.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:41:25 PM

Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided

I'll be expecting lots and lots of useless taxes going to the government and "regulation fees" that just goes to their pockets. I don't want my cryptocurrency regulated because that's the beauty of cryptocurrency. It doesn't require regulations because it is self-sustaining.

13risingforce

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:52:03 PM

I think it's hard enough for a government to make bitcoin dead if people can support and convince the government. We can convince a government not to take over bitcoin by giving positive feedback and samples on the use of bitcoin. And improve the security system and increase the usefulness of bitcoin in a system of government in a country.
Dark_raven007

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 02:00:40 PM

Do not forbid, but will make obstacles. How good or bad time will tell. It's unavoidable. Believe it there are people who also earn money on this (invest).
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:24:55 PM

Just two things to say (as I repeat them all over the forum like a parrot  Grin).
1. Regulations are a positive thing. We need regulations to keep the market healthy.
2. Government cannot take Bitcoin into possession, they can only make another cryptocurrency and force its adoption. However, a society has a say in it too.....

MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:57:54 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2018, 03:32:03 PM by MCVXYZ

Just two things to say (as I repeat them all over the forum like a parrot  Grin).
1. Regulations are a positive thing. We need regulations to keep the market healthy.
2. Government cannot take Bitcoin into possession, they can only make another cryptocurrency and force its adoption. However, a society has a say in it too.....

Today I think this regulations are not the greatest threat to progress..Developed countries make only liberal regulations and restrictions to protect their society,They are trying to create good balance between people's interest and public interest.The main problem is for governments is that they can't control money migration.bitcoin is also a good tool for them to improve their economical conditions and not only bitcoin,Just imagine how many good projects are creating all over the world,its money export too for them.I'm just talking about this to explain that there is no danger.People see the need for such a regulations,Even such as for example KYC or Mandatory reporting rules are.In another case there may be chaos.So I'm Sure that there always will be a bunch of people wanting to buy or sell bitcoins,because of its unique nature,So my advice it to not think about this.I personally see regulation as an inevitable and desirable thing,but this regulations must be concentrated on people's will.Anyway there is no reason for fear.
oloveloveo

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty"

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 03:18:55 PM

Well if government can have a full control in cryptocurrencies, then i think all of our action will be limitted.
We cant do what we usually do because the government can see our movement.
We can process our investment and withdrawal without limitations because all of them is from our hard work.
But if a goverment can take control over bitcoin then theres a chance that we can be investigated and questions where did our money come from.
I dont do bad things but i hate questioning how i acquire my resources because its personal.
I hope that it will not go that far.

Udrujec

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:27:37 PM

Of course, the government is more profitable to ban bitcoin, as it is impossible to regulate it. But I do not think that absolutely all States will be able to ban it.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:15:11 PM

I think this question is quite relate able to government vs Bitcoin or what if government bans Bitcoin or Bitcoin vs Government or government trying to ban bitcoin and so on the list is quite long. One can easily find of these relate able questions but just some addition or deletion of words to make it appear new. I think if you are genuinely asking then you have poor managing and rand reading skills and if you are just helping to add more pages to the form, kindly add something genuine to the forum.
Israel712

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:39:23 PM

You should always try to reach a point where you get a return on your investment. If the experiment fail or if governments

find a way to stop it, then you have nothing to lose. You would then be playing with profits made on your investment. I am

lucky that I already reached that point last year. Fortunately for us, Bitcoin is a decentralized network and it is very difficult

to take it down.  Grin

kprawn, You have given a salient financial advice that should guide everyone earning and investing in cryptocurrency against eventuality.
Kopceak_MD

Activity: 366
Merit: 14

Investment

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 06:51:35 PM

Of course, the government is more profitable to ban bitcoin, as it is impossible to regulate it. But I do not think that absolutely all States will be able to ban it.

The state will not block bitcoin, it will lead it and will manage it. My opinion
qwerty12

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:12:11 PM

Blocks and restrictions are a favorite effort of the government whenever it can not stop the disruption of technology.
However, I think, the fight against bitcoin is hard to win by the government.

It is impossible for the government to block the Bitcoin ecosystem. What the government can do is simply block the buying and selling sites and prohibit the development of a Bitcoin payment platform for spending. It also is a futile effort, because users will find a way to monetize Bitcoin or use it to transact.

If a government of a country forbids bitcoin, then, the User is at any time to transfer transactions abroad that are not within the authority of that government.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: