Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:20:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT IF the GOVERNMENT wins over BITCOIN?  (Read 2509 times)
Crypto24hrs

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:05:55 AM

I certainly do not see the possibility of government having such a massive victory in the whole world over BITCOIN,their could be pocket of victory such that their will be ban in some countries and strict regulations in others,however crypto investors should not sit and watch the future of their investment been threatened all hands should be on deck to fight against the anomaly's that government is backing on because a god they say does not back for nothing.
irenegaming

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:11:58 AM

Its good that the SEC is getting involved in regulating the ICO market, as just in the name of decentralization we shouldn't let scammers get away with peoples money. Also if you are aware than the G20 had decided that currently the crypto markets don't need regulation, so I don't see why you think that the governments are coming after Bitcoin.

BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:15:03 AM

I'm not even aware that there is some war going on between bitcoin and governmrnts so how could government win. All this stories about fighting against bitcoin are exaggarated. Bitcoi is decentralized system and will stay so. And regulation attempts will not harm bitcoin so don't spread panic.

malaj
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:21:20 AM

AT this very moment, you should have a goal of earning money, and not bitcoins or other tokens. The reason why I am trading bitcoin is to profit money from it. Soon, if bitcoin has been accepted as a primary tool for payment then I would definitely look forward to earn bitcoin... right now I don't agree with you when it comes to investing in properties which the government would tax. Yes, you may consider that buying real estate could gain you a handsome amount of profit in the next 5 years if you'll gonna sell it; but keep in mind that as long as it is your property yet, the government wants to tax it from you; therefore, it's not 100% a thing you can call asset.
TheSpark

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:26:48 PM

I do not think there will be governments that win this war because Bitcoin and blockchain technology is very important for humanity so governments can't be disagree this technology
johny.valencia2

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:36:30 PM

That is valid that many individuals will wind up disillusioned to bitcoin in light of the fact that they are on the whole expecting some great things about bitcoin later on and if the legislature will simply demolish it by halting bitcoin then it will come about for dissatisfaction. Government ought not do that and they should simply bolster bitcoin so the advance of having a superior and cutting edge world will turn out to be quicker
taeewo

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:49:06 PM

Few government can't win over the use of bitcoin,it will be generally ban by many top countries and never think that will happen else they will be regulations where government will have power of bitcoin...
Core.BUSTER

Activity: 562
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:49:18 PM

Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided

I think if the government succeeded in gaining control over bitcoin, the whole industry off cryptocurrency will be left to ruins. Bitcoin is so special because it is decentralized and that is why bitcoin has been loved by many people in the community. So I hope that nightmare will never happen because bitcoin is a great gift to our economy
Miztasnow3

Activity: 117
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:08:35 PM

The government can not win against the bitcoin because there are a lot of people in power who are dealing with BTC.
Victorias

Activity: 253

Gamblica Token Sale launch 01.03.2018!

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 07:14:51 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2018, 07:36:11 PM by Victorias

I think that many governments would like to control bitcoin and other cryptocurrency.

But to stop the advancement of new technology is impossible even for governments.

We are on the threshold of very big changes in the financial world.

Watchy312

Activity: 193

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:15:04 PM

Government can ban and regulate bitcoin on its country but they can't force its citizen to avoid on having it because bitcoin is an opportunity in a lifetime, but if it is happen i'm sure it is always on the best interest for its people.
EinaiOraCoinDev

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:37:59 PM

If the government prohibits the crypto currency, the easy earnings will be lost (this is one of the most important), the hope for an anonymous currency will disappear (no one controls the currencies) .. In the end, everything will be bad ..
haydort

Activity: 61

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:39:22 PM

If worst case scenario governments can ban Bitcoin to Fiat and vice-versa transactions, so in that case we won't be able to cash out Bitcoins or purchase Bitcoins with fiat currency. However, even in that case, one can always send his Bitcoin funds in the country where it is legal and sell it online then receiving payment in the form of fiat currency earned outside the country. Such action will definitely create legal complications so it is not a good idea to ban Bitcoin transactions in my honest opinion.
satecream

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:41:01 PM

meh, that are going even worse if goverment wins over bitcoin, they know they can control it just for they sake and if that happen, it will going back to centralized wealth in this world

nguli

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:57:07 PM

it seems the government will never be able to control the movement and circulation of bitcoin, free-moving bitcoin no one can control it even though the government has worked hard, the government will never be able to control the circulation of bitcoin.
Piggymonster

Activity: 294
Merit: 34

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:59:32 PM

If the government wins over bitcoin and they will regulate it, i have no choice but to abide all the laws and regulations. I won't give up my bitcoins, it will become like our local money that could be used as payments to stuffs and services. I think it will give them a hard time because bitcoin is decentralized, maybe they can control the platform exchange and should apply for license before they can operate.
v0rtecxz

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:10:55 PM

If the government will win over Bitcoin, a lot of people will be disappointed because some people start to have this investment for their future; thus, it will be their lost if Bitcoin will be gone.
That is true that a lot of people will become disappointed to bitcoin because they are all expecting some good things about bitcoin in the future and if the government will just ruin it by stopping bitcoin then it will result for disappointment. Government should not do that and they should just support bitcoin so the progress of having a better and futuristic world will become faster.
I think because of some scam accusation about crypto currency, government will intervene in the process. If a lot of dumb people investing at crypto without proper knowledge on it will really be a big problem. The best thing to do is to educate people more about this to win over our own governments.
as you have said, you can see a lot of charges against bitcoin, I also think there is a hidden intention behind all these allegations, does not rule out there are some countries who do not like this digital currency, because they do not fully gain control of the digital currency so they try to gain control, so they can benefit from this digital currency,
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 10:00:00 PM

I do not know if theres a big guy or a group of whale makers at the back of this scenario. They are using governments to make the Bitcoin charts, and altcoin charts repeat themselves. I do not know if the Bitcoin chart is purely moving based from people buy and sell or theres someone who control over this?

Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided

suzanne5223

Activity: 2632
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 10:04:51 PM

Government can ban and regulate bitcoin on its country but they can't force its citizen to avoid on having it because bitcoin is an opportunity in a lifetime, but if it is happen i'm sure it is always on the best interest for its people.

You're in deed correct cause such thing happened in China when the Chinese government ban Bitcoin the citizen still find a means to trade and buy bitcoin indoor. However, all the effort of the government to ban bitcoin and the FUD only causes dump in price of bitcoin for awhile. All this shows that the government will never win over bitcoin and the whales won't even allow that to happen.

NOTE : Respected people you can't even imagine are involve in Bitcoin.

coincini23

Activity: 79

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:08:44 PM

Of course, the government is more profitable to ban bitcoin, as it is impossible to regulate it. But I do not think that absolutely all States will be able to ban it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: