Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:05:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT IF the GOVERNMENT wins over BITCOIN?  (Read 2516 times)
lucy94

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:11:53 PM

that probably won't happen, it wouldn't make sense.
udivkx

Activity: 279
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:04:00 PM

I don't think the government will win bitcoin. This currency and its technologies were created to anticipate and circumvent all the pitfalls on the way to decentralization and a new level in the economy.

Fire316

Activity: 281

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:10:31 PM

If Government win over bitcoin, bitcoin continue to exist because no one can stop it as long as there is an internet and bitcoin demand but the sad thing if ever it will happen the government now has a full control on bitcoin,they can manipulate the bitcoin price in the crypto market. For me even i invest in bitcoin and other coins since i work here in crypto world, i still do invest in some real estate because we really don't know what will happen if ever the government has the rights over bitcoin.
bitvelk

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:14:00 PM

Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided

This is good for those who do not have a large start-up capital. You work, every month you allocate a small amount of money from your salary. You invest it and increase your Deposit.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
stripewhite

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:48:36 AM

This implies the government has any control over bitcoin. Which is wrong. If they could win against bitcoin they would have already won. They can regulate the entry points/exchanges from fiat-based currencies. They can regulate ICOs. But a main concept of Satoshi's bitcoin is that it is it's decentralized. Every owns the ledger (the blockchain) and everyone can see it. They can't manipulate it in a manner that can't be controlled. Only the truth would win, unlike a central bank. Where they can control inflation rates and stuff like that.
royromales

Activity: 163

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:13:53 AM

Governments have no interest in allowing people to freely dispose of their money so in that case we are not able to cash out Bitcoins or buy Bitcoins for money so we would have liked that the government would be the freedom for us to get cast-out

center]▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread   █   Oceanpaper   ☻   Twitter   ☻   Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬[/center]
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:50:09 AM

Factually anything is possible, but I can say that the government won't want to fight such battle. The SEC is doing every possible best to make sure that ICOs , exchanges are regulated to avoid innocent people from being scammed. When this is done, its going to put the govt in a place where they will receive some money  from the project owners and exchanges.
chika2

Activity: 168
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:52:43 AM

I think there are many countries that legalize bitcoin and can be used as a means of payment. Countries of the United States, South Korea, UK, etc. have legalized bitcoin. Amazon's app already accepts bitcoin payouts. I think it's just a matter of time for bitcoin to be accepted in many other countries.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
dasunlanka

Activity: 120
Merit: 23

Be cool

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 01:55:50 AM

For sure they can't stop bitcoin technology..as post office can't stop mailing system...but need to stop bitcoin pyramid schemes .if not blame coming to bitcoin technology ...

[ F - A - M - I - L - Y ] Coolest word in the world - Be happy with your Family
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:04:56 AM

Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

Simply, we can put it into perspective like this: You earn your bitcoins from your job. The government will tax it for income tax. Exchanges will tax it for wallet transfer. Purchases will tax it for convenience fee. Imagine how much the government will tax because they have the first lot of your bitcoins.

chidrawarster

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:12:36 AM

If the regulation becomes more strong, than any crypto currency planning to scam will get void here. It's always good to have regulations in place to save investors money and also genuine players can organise icos and start building their projects. I would be even more happy if the govt starts planning to use these genuine crypto as digital currency in the future. The prices also would be stabilised by then.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
qwertyup23

Activity: 2268
Merit: 788

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:59:02 AM

In the event that the government has imposed regulation in cryptocurrencies, expect prices to be less-volatile and controlled at some point. Compared to other investment mechanisms like stocks, bonds, gold, real estate, expect the yielding of income to be longer. Not to mention, its nature from decentralized and volatile will now become centralized and regulated, which implies that strict regulations and sanctions would now be imposed.
About its positive effects, with bitcoin being controlled by the government, it has now the potential of becoming an alternative currency used under for wireless transactions- since it eliminates the peer-to-peer process provided. Maybe in the future, once countries are able to adapt and embrace the blockchain technology, we can see bitcoin being utilized as another form of currency.
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:09:10 AM

I, for myself am also worried about this, though there are several outcomes I just am worried what will the governments do once they have decided or if they have decided to take control over the cryptocurrencies, and I think there are ICOs that must be stopped, though there some ICOs that deserve the right to continue their project, but again I think that it'll be completely different once the government  has taken control over it, it is either going to improve or it is going to be negative once this has been implemented, hopefully governments would be smart enough to take cruise control and hopefully not ruin it.
Big Show

Activity: 173

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:04:11 AM

Then I think there will be a ban on bitcoin usage and bitcoin circulation in the massif by the government. Investors, traders and users can not do anything about it. Bitcoin will end, worthless.
Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:41:08 AM

Yes indeed, the government has the power to impose some law to regulate bitcoin, however they cannot do it because bitcoin itself is decentralized which means it must not be controlled by any company or agency or even government. However if they do, if the government already gained control in bitcoin, many users will not use it anymore because they will be cut with the freedom that they want. If there are no users, bitcoin will decrease value and definitely will fade.
Brookie

Activity: 81

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:01:32 AM

If the government is able to start controlling bitcoin I'm sure bitcoin will be a business event for governments that work together with the top. And in the end bitcoin is controlled by people who only have money. Because the government of the state is only concerned with people who have money rather than the poor.
Boi qaaf

Activity: 345

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:25:42 AM

You have a wrong perception regarding this issue, regulations doesn't mean that they will going to have full control over bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, regulation is just to tax cryptos and catch scammers/criminals on the network. According to my understanding to control decentralized cryptocurrencies is simply impossible because there is no central authority involved.
You don't need to worry about regulation if you are not doing anything illegal.

Visit YuTü.Ȼo.in's IȻO: Ȼommoditizing YouTube Ȼreator$' Brand$
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:39:30 AM

I believe the network had already been set and it can't be stop. If they really want to stop the era of cryptocurrency, they will need to kill the internet first. All the governments can do now is change the appearance of bitcoin and that would result in the pumping or dumping of its price. Nonetheless, most of the cryptos specially bitcoin will still be available and glowing in the long run.
Boknoyz

Activity: 358
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:03:15 AM

f that all happened, for me it was very painful because bitcoin was the only source of my money-seekers. With bitcoin my life changed for the better. I think the government will not be able to stop it because bitcoin many use it and many that support bitcoin.
Mersterious

Activity: 225
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:25:17 AM

i think they can help the growth, they can prevent a lot of crimes and besides we are living in a world of regulations already. it is not such a bad thing to have it for bitcoin too as long as they are not ridiculous ones.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: