Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:07:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT IF the GOVERNMENT wins over BITCOIN?  (Read 2508 times)
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:36:06 AM

i think they can help the growth, they can prevent a lot of crimes and besides we are living in a world of regulations already. it is not such a bad thing to have it for bitcoin too as long as they are not ridiculous ones.

fiats money is already regulated but why there were still many crimes happening with the involvment of it?  I believe The same thing can also happen to bitcoin and any other cryptos. However if bitcoin become regulated , the growth of its price will surely grow because many people will now gain trust and confidence on bitcoin if there is an involvement of governments and any other high authorities.

f that all happened, for me it was very painful because bitcoin was the only source of my money-seekers. With bitcoin my life changed for the better. I think the government will not be able to stop it because bitcoin many use it and many that support bitcoin.

of course , bitcoin will still there even if governement takes a part to control it. Besides , there were still other cryptos that we can use aside from bitcoin in order to earn a profit. There are many types of jobs out there that can surely provide you an income and bitcoin is only a currency that they are using in order to pay you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Beldon

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:41:39 AM

The government will not be able to win over Bitcoin, the government will not be able to stop Bitcoin. Bitcoin is a coin that is on the internet and growing with its advanced technology. Surely the government can not stop the technology. Technology will continue until the internet is still there. It's not that easy to get rid of Bitcoin from the lives of its users.

▄▄▄        WINDHAN        |   RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECT   ▄▄▄
||███    (((  Pre-Sale is Live  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN NOW   ███ ▌    ███||
Whitepaper  |  OnePager  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram
jops

Activity: 132
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:49:50 AM

Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided

It is impossible that government manage bitcoin, because bitcoin is a decentrallized currency no one owns it or operates it only the user who use it. But for example government manage bitcoin, it doesnt mean that government can fully manage bitcoin. BUt they can emplement a rules and it has a cause and effect to us. Maybe the first rules they implement is paying taxes. If the government manage bitcoin they can minimize the scammer and hackers.
Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:26:49 PM

If government wins over Bitcoin then Bitcoin will loose its freedom. And bitcoins advantage will turn into its biggest disadvantage. And it popularity will be decrease. If government control Bitcoin then their is no irregularities in the production and distribution of Bitcoin and this thing ultimately affects the volatility of bitcoin. Bitcoin user must be given tax  to their government if the above thing will happen. If government control Bitcoin then their is no untraceable and uninterrupted money transaction happen by Bitcoin. And their is also affect the privacy of people using Bitcoin.  Shocked
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:16:33 PM

Government is too huge to define because there isnt a centralized power over world policy, every country has their own policy.
Just like bitcoin, there many country against it, there many country as well who support it
But yeah, we really do need regulations to make crypto safer and more comfortable

Larrycool

Merit: 101

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:19:59 PM

To be very sincere, I personally don't see this as  win / lose scenario as such it is a change in the perception of the old money system to an acceptance of cryptocurrency as a viable way forward. The first change was to accept Bitcoin as bonafide money instead of ignoring it, the second stage is to legislate for the use of and taxation which they may not have access to originally.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:23:22 PM

Such a winning scenario won't exist with bitcoin, because governments always tend to keep it under its control similar to the banking system making it function in a centralized manner. Governments providing support or just leaving to grow on its own is the only requirement needed from every government.

abanansah

Activity: 328
Merit: 10

www.daxico.com

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:55:51 PM

Bitcoins and cryptocurrency is here to stay , so regardless of government actions, it can't stop this peer to peer transactions over the internet. If government wins over bitcoins, and decides to ban it, traders might still find ways to use it.

eashikde

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:00:03 PM

I think the state will take up the bitcoin. Too many reasons in this direction, the lack of a clear foundation, too much price.
Soneo

Activity: 103

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:01:49 PM

If that all happened, for me it was very painful because bitcoin was the only source of my money-seekers. With bitcoin my life changed for the better. I think the government will not be able to stop it because bitcoin many use it and many that support bitcoin.

I think the government not interested let people free throw their money. we all forced into the Bank. who have no Bank card now? after the emergence of bitcoin, people to be not controlled. this is the main reason why the government did not want to legalize cryptocurrency. we found under a lot of pressure of America.
Madenis

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:07:09 PM

Regulation by the state is not an automatic prohibition. The registration of this market has long been asking for it and sooner or later it will happen. Registrations will protect the investor from fraud
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:24:55 PM

honestly people join Bitcoin because they love the features and the concept of it and if the government controls Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies and they will force Bitcoin to lose many of its features like the money limit we can store in Bitcoin or any other. Will be blocked by government. They will impose some type of tax in keeping your money or charge you heavily for transactions (these are what you thought I will say but it's wrong) if government adapt Bitcoin and they cannot demand any Falls rights to it Bitcoin is completely transparent and we can see completely what is going to happen and why they are asking and they cannot do anything to stop it.
lelangsabun

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:44:01 PM

i don't see about it in the future plan, when the goverment are wining over the bitcoin, i think it can make bitcoin are more worse after all
Thomas petersen

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:22:28 PM

I dint think that govt will win over bitcoin. They certainly do not want bitcoin to be banned completely, they just want the taxes. But it is not in their hand to control. So its very difficult for them to win over it.
Pistachiop

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:27:33 PM

There is nothing much we can do if the Governments win over Bitcoins, regulations might just turn out to be a blessing in disguise, for it might come with its advantages as with regulations comes with surety that might just attract and encourage moire investors into the coin, as much as the freedom will be gone, there will be an increase in market cap. If the going gets tough however, there is always a way out, some countries such as Japan and Germany have already embrace BTC, Bitcoin users can move to such BTC heavens.
jhonnydeep87

Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:44:19 AM

The government has been given a deal with the cryptocurrency market. This plan will be launched soon and I hope it will be a win at the end. Cool
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:23:35 AM

Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

They cannot stop blockchain, bitcoin and other digital currencies but it will affect the price. The popularity of bitcoin going strong and still a lot of new investors. Probably time will come they will stop may some regulations to digital currencies it they see the potential and advantage of using.

#Support Vanig
Aryadwipanggah

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:30:42 AM

I believe that even if the government wins the bitcoin it will only issue a regulation against bitcoin and crypto but will not be able to stop other bitcoins and cryptoes.
Liaalif

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:49:25 AM

if the government wins with bitcoin, the government will issue a strict regulation of its bitcoin and other cryptoes although in general its bitcoin and crypto no one can regulate its circulation including the government though, so I think you do not need to worry
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:11:04 AM

Government fear that they will loose the financial control of the country and that's why they do not want to accept or promote Bitcoins.
They also feel that if bitcoin become popular and people start using it in daily transactions , they can't collect or impose taxes on people.
Government think Bitcoin as a threat for them rather than a blessing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: