Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:49:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT IF the GOVERNMENT wins over BITCOIN?  (Read 2516 times)
mensha

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:05:19 PM

The concept developed for bitcoin is very demanding concept. It is called Blockchain. When we consider nature and the architecture of Blockchain, it is really untraceable and maintains anonymity. For reducing illegal things of Bitcoin, it is possible to introduce governing mechanism and specific rules and regulations. However those will not eliminate the illegal things totally. Only possible thing is reducing illegal things.
poli.isk

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:24:08 PM

it would be a good idea for the people. people would have lived better, but not everyone has bitcoin.
pri3oner

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:26:39 PM

Till they have the power of word (they actually did and will have it), they are able to manipulate the prices for their needs just by talking trash about crypto.

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
ScroodjMoney

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:26:46 PM

I think that's impossible or so hard for government in the world to control crypto currency. But, nobody to knows what will happen tomorrow except if each of government in a country create their own crypto currency to be used.
Maveric99

Activity: 144

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:27:07 PM

as far as technology goes, they can not stop it. The price drop will also be temporary. Bitcoin will always go into all-time highs, without without government approval. It will be a success adopted by the government, or will succeed as an underground asset. And I doubt all governments will have the same opinion about bitcoin so you will always be able to move to a bitcoin-friendly country and buy your property there with it. Be sure to be able to explain how you obtained your bitcoin. If you can not explain how you are getting bitcoin then ready for government will ban the sale and purchase of bitcoin itself.
Keeminakar

Activity: 299
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:45:17 PM

I still hope that the government of all States will have enough brains not to prohibit cryptocurrency. This is a unique technology that will transform our world, and it should be adopted.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Shiversnow

Activity: 688
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:54:24 PM

Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided

A harsher treatment for cryptocurrency only gives me more will to continue in working in this industry. Cryptocurrency is an innovation that needs to stay decentralized and free from any political ties. It is sad that our community are being treated this way but I still have faith that one day everybody will finally realized the good it can do for for our economy.
rtm125

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:58:11 PM

This technology will be adopted sooner or later, as people use bitcoin more and more, and eventually we will win, I hope.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Glutius

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:09:05 PM

Maybe now the government will be able to restrain the adoption of bitcoin, but this confrontation will not last forever and eventually cryptocurrencies will be accepted in most countries of the world. I'm sure.

Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:20:12 PM

Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

I think that it will be a bad idea if the government can put regulations such as taxes on bitcoin. Bitcoin is created to operate independently because it is created for the public and not for the government. Putting taxes on it will just make everything more expensive and probably not worth investing anymore.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
Wagako

Activity: 249

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:23:56 PM

Yes you're right. A lot of government of different countries are now trying to end bitcoin by simply banning it so as much as possible we should start investing with physical properties because we didn't when will bitcoin last. Always remember that we can't stop the government of what are they going to do with bitcoin.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
djmixen

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:30:43 PM

Well, not all government are against bitcoin, even the other government will won over bitcoin they will hard for them to make it disappear though it’s too late because there are many user and stores accept bitcoin they will hard for them to make it happen.
electronus

Activity: 231

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:34:21 PM

Cryptocurrency will win thanks to blockchain technology. Today, cryptocurrency is the essence of discussions in most political and social forums.
prisalex

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 10:57:39 PM

Bitcoin is one of the best ways to deal with the government and tax sides, but they will not be able to influence it, since the blockchain system is one of the most reliable ones, so no one will stop the bitkoyn, even the government.
Superzpay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:12:51 PM

I do not think that government will win over bitcoin because the governments are for the benefit of people and people like to use bitcoin. In this situation governments will if order some regulations but they will not be able to ban it as people will reject their idea and the government will not be supported then and that government will be considered as the failed government.
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:10:58 AM

now the technology can not be defeated in any way, progress will not be stop, crypto anarchists will not allow the state to control bitocoin Cool
The anarchist can do anything and if a state decide that they wanted to curb the flow of money into bitcoin, it is possible, the real vision of bitcoin is to allow each and every citizen of this globe to be able to trade and that is how we become completely decentralized.
Jerzzz

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:59:24 AM

If the government wins the bitcoin then the bitcoin may be less used. Bitcoin will not be the official currency for daily use as predicted by experts. In some countries like Vietnam the government recommends not to play bitcoin to avoid losing money.
sneeze11

Activity: 347

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:08:24 AM

I think if government wins over bitcoin it will have a tax on it because we all know that our government wants to have a tax on it. Other said that if government wins over bitcoin it will be banned but for me it will not happened.
reynilynedago

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:11:59 AM

For me i think from the present time until the government is in control of Bicoin for a long time. And we can do much to improve it. Or simply can make it better in the eyes of others. Besides, everything will remain secret and safe until the government takes control of it completely. So, I still choose Bitcoin to invest
uwouw0

Activity: 196
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:48:35 AM

I think it's hard enough for a government to make bitcoin dead if people can support and convince the government. We can convince a government not to take over bitcoin by giving positive feedback and samples on the use of bitcoin. And improve the security system and increase the usefulness of bitcoin in a system of government in a country.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: