Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:10:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT IF the GOVERNMENT wins over BITCOIN?  (Read 2508 times)
Pepito Manaloto

Activity: 377
Merit: 100

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:24:35 PM

Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

This is not an advice. It's simply a shared idea.

How about you? What do you have in mind? Undecided

As of now, we can say that the government is still more powerful than bitcoin but sooner or later, things will change and the government will be left with no choice but to accept bitcoin. Some countries has already banned bitcoin but that doesn't mean it will stay that way forever. Turning down bitcoin will surely cause rage and destruction for a certain country if ever.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitexpert2017

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:28:10 PM

I think this is the biggest problem governments have with bitcoin is that the cannot control it an is why they want to discredit it as much as possible. It would be a different story if they had the lions share of it.
chromosomes

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:28:16 PM

Be ready and aware that 2018 is the year of regulatory reckoning. Countries around the world are trying to determine how they are going to treat cryptocurrencies. Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) has halted several ICOs and hinted at the need for greater crypto regulation.

I am into cryptocurrency because of freedom, I can't deny to myself that I have worries regarding this issue. And as an investor, I really have no choice but to stay with crypto once the governments around the world have control to cryptocurrencies (if that became possible).

So as much as we can, also invest with physical properties with what you've earned. For we don't know what will happen next with our money in the digital world.

The government has all the capability to win over bitcoin but the power gathered from all those people who are currently investing in bitcoin can take the government down for sure. The bitcoin community is growing continuously day by day so we should not worry about the government anymore instead we should just focus with our investments and show the government the good deeds bitcoin can make for each and everyone of us.

center]DRIFE      Pre-sale: December 2018
████ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ████
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●●  [/center]
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 09:55:10 PM

Government are more focus on ICO token regulation because there are many ICO scam that really needs a regulation and I think it is a good action by the government to lessen the scam ICO in the environment. I don't think that the government can control cryptocurrency because every government have their own laws which contradicts in every country or government.
Cj29

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 10:03:34 PM

if government will win. I think bitcoin will continue. Because government cannot kill bitcoin but he can banned to his country. Bitcoin can only be kill if no one will invest to him
wasaisi

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 10:15:08 PM

Yo, if it happens bitcoin will be in control by the government and ultimately in control by the upper classes who want to earn a profit solely for their own.
somebadger

Activity: 170

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 10:26:50 PM

governments can do whatever they want, they still didn't wanted to create a revoolution over it because it is useless, but let's be honest, if all the governments partner up together, they can easily make bitcoin disappear.
henry 94

Activity: 95

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:16:30 AM

Governments cannot destroy bitcoin itself because of its decentralized nature. However, they can control and restrict its use in their jurisdiction.
Gyromancer

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 03:25:43 AM

I really agree with you. I also do something like that. I do not make the world of digital currency to my main business. I still have a major business in the real world. I do it to avoid the risk of unwanted things happening in the world of digital currency so I can still live and have a job. Preferably, for you who make this business as the main job immediately think for investment also in the real world. I do not think negatively about the future of the digital currency world but I just avoid the bad things that will happen. I never know what will happen in the future.

Pejoh Asu

Activity: 1484
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:30:10 AM

Actually with bitcoin banned the government hopes to stop bitcoin, but the opposite is true that bitcoin still exists and it's hard to stop, even though the government is win over bitcoin but I'm sure it will not have an impact.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

danielwang2112

Activity: 44

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:36:39 AM

The U.S. securities and exchange commission's massive encryption watchdog, ico, is designed to ensure that the ico project does not have a scam! Though there may be some negative implications, embracing bitcoin by the government may also bring forth a development that may enhance its system under the blockchain technology. Who knows, maybe the government has kept some secrets that may soon utilise it for bitcoin's development.
ThePogi

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:46:36 AM

The U.S. securities and exchange commission's massive encryption watchdog, ico, is designed to ensure that the ico project does not have a scam! Though there may be some negative implications, embracing bitcoin by the government may also bring forth a development that may enhance its system under the blockchain technology. Who knows, maybe the government has kept some secrets that may soon utilise it for bitcoin's development.
Looking Forward to These in the Future. And i think everyone want it to, For Better Future and To make Life Easier with Bitcoin, But i'm afraid of what banks react about this problem if Bitcoin take over the place.
cryptomite

Activity: 304

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:36:52 AM

We do not have any real way out of it because if the authorities do decide to control the bitcoin they will do that by any means and if so it may help us to stabilize the value.

cosmo1

Activity: 48
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:11:44 AM

Government cannot win over bitcoin.It is difficult to stop the cryptocurrency and they only can regulate cryptocurrency.
Arlibtchunt2018

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:25:54 AM

Well, if this where going to happen then let's just don't mind it.  Although regulation is possible but we could still gain alot if BTC performance will still be the same as of now.

(((●   OPP OPEN WIFI   ●)))
●▬▬▬▬ JOIN THE LARGEST WIFI NETWORK IN THE WORLD ▬▬▬▬●
Afobaje38

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:31:01 AM

They can't even stop it,  because this crypto currency is legal in most of the country
demonist

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:23:02 PM

Bitcoin is a decentralized currency. What this means is that no single party controls bitcoin meaning even if the governments ban bitcoin there are going to be nodes running and miners mining bitcoin all over the world and theres going to be at least one country who will be crypto friendly.
sharm2121

Activity: 238

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:33:16 PM

If this happens I think we should be ready of what happens and we should be ready if cryptocurrency will gone, invest in business or properties so that if bitcoin will totally ban then we still have an investment, because we dont know whats happen in the future. Yes we can say that bitcoin is hard to ban or to destroy what if someday they gonna find a way to totally erase the market? So we all should be ready.

Bessta

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:44:17 PM

Government can either ban or regulate bitcoin. But if government choose to ban btc, it would be at the government's disadvantage while if btc is regulated, government would gain revenue. That is why those who banned btc must reconsider their decision because cryptocurrencies are here to stay and became already part of the  financial world. Its technology has been  continuously developing and people are beginning to embrace digital currencies as addition to fiat currencies.

HYDAX EXCHANGE BOUNTY ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange Futures & Options IEO APP Community
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:54:26 PM

I agree we will need to still adopt and learn traditional stocks and real estate properties. Let's face it, it will not be easy for bitcoin to face the government. Bitcoin will need more improvement, adoption, and support. Like Government, it will need time and be built from the ground up.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: