Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:49:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net  (Read 409426 times)
Phantas

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 03:46:48 PM

not great news but it is not going to effect project goals

some of the other merged coins will have more issues with trading in the sort term but will make them available within my projects via BLC at worst case and mostly think it will go some way to improving some of the merged coins market price long term

ok,
but where I going to buy PHO, LIT, UMO, ELT and others coins ? Wink

Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 04:00:32 PM

not great news but it is not going to effect project goals

some of the other merged coins will have more issues with trading in the sort term but will make them available within my projects via BLC at worst case and mostly think it will go some way to improving some of the merged coins market price long term

ok,
but where I going to buy PHO, LIT, UMO, ELT and others coins ? Wink

need something to spend them on before you go buy more right?

I will do what I can at the right time, for now though it is an open issue  Cheesy

Info: GithubBlakecoin.org - BCT Blakecoin thread - Twitter - BCS - BlakeZone  Trade Blakecoin: Xeggex.com Merged Mining Pools: EU3 - NY2/AT1 - LA1
Donation Addresses: BLC: Bd3jJftFbwxWSKNSNz35vkDd57kG6jHAjt PHO: BZXPMc8eF9YZcJStskkP2bVia38fv9VmuT BBTC: 2h8c4NbzXJXk6QQ89r7YYMGhe13gQUC2ajD ELT: e7cm6cAgpfhvk3Myh2Jkmi1nqaHtDHnxXb 
UMO: uQH9H17t7kz3eVQ3vKDzMsWCK4hn5nh2gC LIT: 8p8Z4h5fkZ8SCoyEtihKcjzZLA7gFjTdmL BTC: 1Q6kgcNqhKh8u67m6Gj73T2LMgGseETwR6
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 06:16:45 PM

While I am unhappy banx io is closing I have nothing but great things to say about Byron when it was Atomic + the new people who took over and ran it as banx io.  I have never had an issue getting paid or with withdrawal. They were loyal to ALL coins in the blake 256 family and that is something I will never ever forget.

Also they never asked for a 'bribe' or other 'compensation' for listing coins.

That speaks volumes as to their integrity imo...

Best of luck all  Grin

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
electron-coin

Activity: 521
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 07:54:33 PM

Too bad AT/Banx is closed

Replenished the trading wallets for BlakeTrader. There should be plenty of coins on hand for all the blake-256 coins and LTC/DOGE/PPC

The trading rates for PHO/BBTC/UMO/LITH are now set internally and will change periodically.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or run into any issues.  Thanks.

Happy mining/trading!

▀▀▀▀▀▀     BRIDGEX NETWORK  │ LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Facebook       LinkedIn          ▄▄▄▄
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 12:36:11 AM

Everyone involved with the Blake Coin family and child coins owes a big thanks and acknowledgment to Artie for keeping up with the development of Electron Coin and more for keeping Blake Trader open.

If you are not mining and want to aquire some Blake Coin or other accepted members of the merged family coins Blake Trader will allow you to do so with little expense and the ease of hitting the send button !

Blake trader requires no sign up, no account or creation of user name, you can access it over tor and it works fast.  Easiest exchange ever. You transmit your coins to trade and the addresss you want to receive your choice.

Easy as chocolate cake.......

http://blaketrader.com/

Too bad AT/Banx is closed

Replenished the trading wallets for BlakeTrader. There should be plenty of coins on hand for all the blake-256 coins and LTC/DOGE/PPC

The trading rates for PHO/BBTC/UMO/LITH are now set internally and will change periodically.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or run into any issues.  Thanks.

Happy mining/trading!

Check out my coin Photon

electron-coin

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 01:18:36 AM

Everyone involved with the Blake Coin family and child coins owes a big thanks and acknowledgment to Artie for keeping up with the development of Electron Coin and more for keeping Blake Trader open.

If you are not mining and want to aquire some Blake Coin or other accepted members of the merged family coins Blake Trader will allow you to do so with little expense and the ease of hitting the send button !

Blake trader requires no sign up, no account or creation of user name, you can access it over tor and it works fast.  Easiest exchange ever. You transmit your coins to trade and the addresss you want to receive your choice.

Thanks Cinn.  I updated the rates to see if I can keep the spread as low as possible. Unfortunately this often gets abused, but let's see if this works.

▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Facebook       LinkedIn          ▄▄▄▄
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 01:48:45 AM

THANK YOU !!

For all your work and resources you have put in since being involved !!

No one should complain about how/what the spreads are set to on blake trader !!!

All exchanges charge fee's and should charge them since the cost of servers, nodes and other things is much more than most people realize...........

Also I just looked at the spreads /quotes

At current exchange rates no one can accuse you of being a robber barron !!

I would be willing to guess the small margins you have would not even pay for the monthly cost of running a node / never mind the entire setup

With upcoming events in 2016 in the world of digital currencies and the fact that our Blake Eco system is living healthy I remain optimistic about the future.

Best of all -
--- due to faster block times vs. bitcoin ----

Blake Coin and it's child coins (some kids are faster than the parent and others)  we currently do not have a war/debate about how/ when / how much to make the max block size !!!!

Although in a few years we may need to bump to 1 gig/block to SCALE

Thanks Cinn.  I updated the rates to see if I can keep the spread as low as possible. Unfortunately this often gets abused, but let's see if this works.

Check out my coin Photon

BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 07:06:51 AM

I think both BlakeTrader.com and Electron.Tips are pretty awesome work Grin

Info: GithubBlakecoin.org - BCT Blakecoin thread - Twitter - BCS - BlakeZone  Trade Blakecoin: Xeggex.com Merged Mining Pools: EU3 - NY2/AT1 - LA1
Donation Addresses: BLC: Bd3jJftFbwxWSKNSNz35vkDd57kG6jHAjt PHO: BZXPMc8eF9YZcJStskkP2bVia38fv9VmuT BBTC: 2h8c4NbzXJXk6QQ89r7YYMGhe13gQUC2ajD ELT: e7cm6cAgpfhvk3Myh2Jkmi1nqaHtDHnxXb 
UMO: uQH9H17t7kz3eVQ3vKDzMsWCK4hn5nh2gC LIT: 8p8Z4h5fkZ8SCoyEtihKcjzZLA7gFjTdmL BTC: 1Q6kgcNqhKh8u67m6Gj73T2LMgGseETwR6
bzyzny

Activity: 274
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 01:53:38 PM

BlakeTrader is pretty great, I've used it a few times and it really couldn't be any easier, unless you had someone literally hold your hand while clicking a few buttons. One suggestion though, the font could be a little bigger for easier readability, although it could just be my screen size/resolution. How do you calculate exchange rates, now that banx.io is closed?

On another note, with whats currently happening regarding bitcoin block size limitations, I'm curious how Blakecoin et al might tackle this issue. Currently it's not an problem, but always good to look forward. Some points I thought of:
1) Am I correct that since BLC has 3 minute block time target, it should handle ~3x the number of transactions per second as BTC?
2) I think a key issue is that the bitcoin blockchain is getting bloated from other projects using it to store non-transaction data. Would it be possible to prevent that in our blockchains, and only allow transaction data?
3) Instead of placing data in the BLC blockchain, 3rd party applications could just use their own a merge mined blockchain, right? If i understand how these things work correctly, I believe it should be possible for a merge mined blockchain to be used solely as an application blockchain (i.e. not another currency).  Instead it could use Blakecoin for any payments/fees
4) would it be possible to compress the data in the blocks with lzma or something? or would that interfere with the crypto magic?
5) is flexible or variable block size possible?
electron-coin

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 05:39:27 PM

Thanks for the support everybody.

Yeah, trading with BlakeTrader is not even close to covering the cost of the servers, supporting the block explorers, etc.  But I hope it is a worthwhile investment for the ecosystem.

@bzyzny, thanks for the suggestions. I have enlarged the fonts a bit. The front end is in need of a redesign. Unfortunately, I just don't have time and it's low on the priority list. I hope at least the bigger fonts will help.

For ELT, PHO, BBTC, UMO, LITH, because there are no liquid exchanges for them, I set their rates internally with whatever I feel I can trade with. This is certainly arbitrary. Depends on how the trading goes, I will change them periodically. And once they are on an exchange, I will use the exchange rate for benchmark. I used to offer a discount to these rates, but this was abused so it was removed.

BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 06:57:21 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2016, 02:28:25 AM by BlueDragon747

BlakeTrader is pretty great, I've used it a few times and it really couldn't be any easier, unless you had someone literally hold your hand while clicking a few buttons. One suggestion though, the font could be a little bigger for easier readability, although it could just be my screen size/resolution. How do you calculate exchange rates, now that banx.io is closed?

On another note, with whats currently happening regarding bitcoin block size limitations, I'm curious how Blakecoin et al might tackle this issue. Currently it's not an problem, but always good to look forward. Some points I thought of:
1) Am I correct that since BLC has 3 minute block time target, it should handle ~3x the number of transactions per second as BTC?
2) I think a key issue is that the bitcoin blockchain is getting bloated from other projects using it to store non-transaction data. Would it be possible to prevent that in our blockchains, and only allow transaction data?
3) Instead of placing data in the BLC blockchain, 3rd party applications could just use their own a merge mined blockchain, right? If i understand how these things work correctly, I believe it should be possible for a merge mined blockchain to be used solely as an application blockchain (i.e. not another currency).  Instead it could use Blakecoin for any payments/fees
4) would it be possible to compress the data in the blocks with lzma or something? or would that interfere with the crypto magic?
5) is flexible or variable block size possible?

1) yep ~3x number of transactions per second compared with BTC without any changes  Cool  *~10x for ELT  Shocked
2) no plans to do anything about non-transaction data in BLC blockchain as it just is not an issue atm time is better spent on other things
3) yes merged are better than side chains imho as they can still work if there in an issue with main chain *merged blockchains are not so fixed to main chain in the real world (merged spec paints a very fixed picture to aux chains and main chain which is not quite accurate beyond work for miners) so I never seen an issue with having auxpow its a win win
4) for sure I was looking at this some months back only issue is picking right compression library that is supported cross-platform which turns out to be slightly tricky
5) not interested in increasing the block size of BLC but that said still keeping an eye on what solutions are being done with other blockchains, interested in reducing average size rather than just increasing as that could be more useful so "flexible or variable" is the way to go

What I have been talking about for some time is blockchains within games even Intel are working on this now although for a fantasy sports game, merging a wallets within my game projects on unity is what I am aiming for it solves a few issues and allows easier cross-platform *I hope  Cheesy

bzyzny

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 09:54:23 AM

When you say merge wallets within game, do u mean that it'd be integrated into the game UI instead of having to run the regular QT wallet separately? On a similar note, I'm curious how you will be implementing the in-game currency. If you used blc directly,  that would obviously cause some  inconvenience since you'd have to wait 3+ minutes any time you loot a zombie or buy gear. not to mention price fluctuations. So I'd guess it'd be like an exchange where u deposit blc and then all in-game transactions are handled by a database on the game server until u are ready to withdraw. If so would the in-game credits be pegged to blc or usd?
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 09:59:27 AM

is it possible to mine all the new blake algo in merged mining like Decred and Vanilla
bzyzny

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 10:14:25 AM

@electron-coin the larger font helps a lot, thanks!

@kahir unfortunately no, as discussed earlier in this thread, decred and vanilla and a few other coins do use blake256, however their developers chose to use a different # of rounds (blakecoin uses 8-round blake256, decred uses 14-round I believe) plus there are other design choices that prevent merge mine compatibility.  It's a real shame if you ask me, merge mining has so many benefits and no downsides. It could be possible in the future but would require decred/vanilla devs to do a hard fork to implement compatibility
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 03:58:56 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2016, 05:36:17 AM by BlueDragon747

is it possible to mine all the new blake algo in merged mining like Decred and Vanilla

I asked Decred to use 8 round and maybe merge they said NO and used 14 round blake256 = cannot merge mine with Blakecoin as hashing is totally different + they have changed headers too
Vanillacoin has a sha256d in the hashing serialization and no auxpow = cannot merge mine with Blakecoin *could work with a hard fork

When you say merge wallets within game, do u mean that it'd be integrated into the game UI instead of having to run the regular QT wallet separately? On a similar note, I'm curious how you will be implementing the in-game currency. If you used blc directly,  that would obviously cause some  inconvenience since you'd have to wait 3+ minutes any time you loot a zombie or buy gear. not to mention price fluctuations. So I'd guess it'd be like an exchange where u deposit blc and then all in-game transactions are handled by a database on the game server until u are ready to withdraw. If so would the in-game credits be pegged to blc or usd?

wallets can be integrated but will be a lite spv*WIP! currently separate via json and you can have account balance(server) and a wallet balance(local) and not just BLC, account transactions are instant but wallet transactions are not still need confirm, already have webshop which only requires 1 conf *yes I could make BLC 1 conf network wise too, in-game shop is currently account balance only BLC/PHO, eventually in-game store will take/create a wallet tx for purchases and yes you will need to wait for 1 conf as the coins are held on your machine and not the servers all purchases account/wallet will have blockchain tx *WIP not output to client yet!, zombies dont have any rewards or loot drops only experience, boss, mission/quest, random encounters and events have rewards

I could do a credit chip to allow fiat payments but currently I would prefer to avoid this and have crypto only!

I am confident that gamers are smart and can use wallets and coins just makes it easier if wallets are in-game as you still need the miner separate so game+miner *assuming you want to mine and play which is going to need a decent GPU which most gamers have  Cool

Edit:
Why focus on the Games industry - I was already working on a prototype MMO framework in unity, Its a Huge industry, plenty of transactions, millions of people everyday, loads of fun and it just makes total sense to use blockchain(s) for premium credits within online games  Grin

Source: https://newzoo.com

Key developments from 2013 - 2017:

·         The PC/MMO online games market will grow 7.9% each year (CAGR = Compound Annual Growth Rate): the highest growth outside of mobile.

·         By 2017, the PC/MMO online games market will reach $30.7 billion, accounting for 31% of total global games market revenues.

·         This growth is fuelled by the continued rise of free-to-play games, growing 12% annually.

Key findings for 2014:

·         MMO games generate 70% of global PC/MMO revenues, totalling $17 billion, with 85% of that free-to-play.

·         Eastern Europe shows the fastest growth of free-to-play, with a CAGR of 17.4%.

LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 11:13:11 AM

ByronP(15/03/2016)

Banx.io will soon be cryptomic.com, the atom is coming back with a vengeance.

I take it that this is good news for our ecosystem?

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 03:57:18 PM

ByronP(15/03/2016)

Banx.io will soon be cryptomic.com, the atom is coming back with a vengeance.

I take it that this is good news for our ecosystem?

been quite a few changes from what I can see but I am glad the exchange has not gone for good and has found a way to stay  Cool

electron-coin

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 01:05:36 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2016, 12:15:10 PM by electron-coin

The transaction server for blaketrader is down. Trading will be stopped for a few days until I can make repairs  Undecided

Edit:  Everything should be up and running now. Sorry for the downtime.

Equalizer1970

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

Fortune favours the bold!

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 06:11:50 PM

The transaction server for blaketrader is down. Trading will be stopped for a few days until I can make repairs  Undecided

Blaketrader is still down.
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 11:33:30 AM

Blaketrader is still down.

It was fine last night. Faster than usual, even Grin

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 »
  Print  

Jump to: