Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:58:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net  (Read 409424 times)
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 08:46:18 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2017, 08:57:04 PM by BlueDragon747

I currently use a merged mining pool, blakemerged at1/ny2, but I don't like that I have to mine BBTC too. Is there a more focused pool out there?

PS: I tried z pool, I haven't been able to get my cgminer to mine Blake with it. I don't mind mining PHO, and LIT, I just don't want BBTC.

with merge mining you are not mining each separately all are mined at same time thats the whole beauty of it e.g if BBTC was not in merge you would not get any extra PHO/ELT/UMO/LIT

all the auxchains are a bonus it does not cost any extra from a miner to mine BBTC vs just a BLC pool so if you dont want it send it to my donation address  Grin

else setup your own private pool and mine just what you want see info here

Note: just because you cant dump it on an exchange today does not mean it will always be that way I still plan on using them all sometime in the future just not yet or this year by the looks of things

I personally love getting extra for free but hey maybe thats just me  Tongue

Info: GithubBlakecoin.org - BCT Blakecoin thread - Twitter - BCS - BlakeZone  Trade Blakecoin: Xeggex.com Merged Mining Pools: EU3 - NY2/AT1 - LA1
Donation Addresses: BLC: Bd3jJftFbwxWSKNSNz35vkDd57kG6jHAjt PHO: BZXPMc8eF9YZcJStskkP2bVia38fv9VmuT BBTC: 2h8c4NbzXJXk6QQ89r7YYMGhe13gQUC2ajD ELT: e7cm6cAgpfhvk3Myh2Jkmi1nqaHtDHnxXb 
UMO: uQH9H17t7kz3eVQ3vKDzMsWCK4hn5nh2gC LIT: 8p8Z4h5fkZ8SCoyEtihKcjzZLA7gFjTdmL BTC: 1Q6kgcNqhKh8u67m6Gj73T2LMgGseETwR6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MrEdd214

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:03:14 PM

You are so helpful it's insane.   Cheesy
TheKingInYellow

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

Have you found the Yellow Sign?

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:23:59 PM

I currently use a merged mining pool, blakemerged at1/ny2, but I don't like that I have to mine BBTC too. Is there a more focused pool out there?

PS: I tried z pool, I haven't been able to get my cgminer to mine Blake with it. I don't mind mining PHO, and LIT, I just don't want BBTC.

with merge mining you are not mining each separately all are mined at same time thats the whole beauty of it e.g if BBTC was not in merge you would not get any extra PHO/ELT/UMO/LIT

all the auxchains are a bonus it does not cost any extra from a miner to mine BBTC vs just a BLC pool so if you dont want it send it to my donation address  Grin

else setup your own private pool and mine just what you want see info here

Note: just because you cant dump it on an exchange today does not mean it will always be that way I still plan on using them all sometime in the future just not yet or this year by the looks of things

I personally love getting extra for free but hey maybe thats just me  Tongue

Is there a good guide for Blake mining? I can't seen to find one~

Glad I load up on BLC "tokens" since you seem to have usage for all of them  Grin

DAPS Project, anonymizing assets for the world. Controlling your financial sovereignty is your right, join now!
DAPS (Decentralized - Anonymous - Payment - System)
Zero-Knowledge Proofs - Revolutionary Proof-Of-Audit algo - Masternodes - PoSv3 - Worldwide community
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 04:30:42 PM

mining guide?

some stuff on BCS about FPGA mining not really anything for GPU your more than welcome to write one  Cheesy

Info: GithubBlakecoin.org - BCT Blakecoin thread - Twitter - BCS - BlakeZone  Trade Blakecoin: Xeggex.com Merged Mining Pools: EU3 - NY2/AT1 - LA1
Donation Addresses: BLC: Bd3jJftFbwxWSKNSNz35vkDd57kG6jHAjt PHO: BZXPMc8eF9YZcJStskkP2bVia38fv9VmuT BBTC: 2h8c4NbzXJXk6QQ89r7YYMGhe13gQUC2ajD ELT: e7cm6cAgpfhvk3Myh2Jkmi1nqaHtDHnxXb 
UMO: uQH9H17t7kz3eVQ3vKDzMsWCK4hn5nh2gC LIT: 8p8Z4h5fkZ8SCoyEtihKcjzZLA7gFjTdmL BTC: 1Q6kgcNqhKh8u67m6Gj73T2LMgGseETwR6
sidgrip

Activity: 211
Merit: 119

Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 11:33:38 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2017, 06:19:14 AM by sidgrip

mining guide?

some stuff on BCS about FPGA mining not really anything for GPU your more than welcome to write one  Cheesy

I noticed that with newer crypto coins(2014+) most have step by step instructions on mining there coin. To mine on the blake256 merge pools BlueDragon has actually made it quite simple.

Go to one of the three blake256 merge pools and use the "Getting Started" link under HELP

This is the mining guide on how to min blake256 algo coins

Download the precompiled cgminer

Now the next choice is yours:
Some people like to use the .conf file other like to run it all from a batch file

When you use the config file just edit the "user" & "pass" & leave the rest the same, start cgminer.
With cgminer running you can make any changes you like using the [P]ool managment [G]pu managment (S)ettings & save the changes to the config file

Gpu mining is not that difficult it just takes a little trial & error to fine tune your system to achieve best hash rate / power usage.

Grin

If you found this information useful & feel generous please use any of the Donation Addresses in BlueDragon747 signature line and send a little love his way  Kiss

BLAKEZONE Crypto Gaming Platform --- Mine While you Game Blake256 Merged Mining Pools: LA1 - NY2/AT1 - EU3  Why mine one coin when you can mine six at a once! Cool
For the latest info & updates --> Blake Community Telegram     BCT Blakecoin thread     Blakecoin.org     Twitter     Rent Mining Hash for BlakeCoin & Photon -->  Mining Rig Rentals
TheKingInYellow

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

Have you found the Yellow Sign?

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 02:14:54 AM

Thanks I didn't even realize there was an official pool, silly me Lips sealed

DAPS Project, anonymizing assets for the world. Controlling your financial sovereignty is your right, join now!
DAPS (Decentralized - Anonymous - Payment - System)
Zero-Knowledge Proofs - Revolutionary Proof-Of-Audit algo - Masternodes - PoSv3 - Worldwide community
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 08:13:01 AM

EU3 got rebooted by service provider due to some issue on node hosting it, resyncing now should be back online <30mins Online  Cool

bzyzny

Activity: 274
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:30:34 PM

According to this site, blakebitcoin, electron, and photon are dead :/ RIP I guess?

http://deadcoins.com
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 09:31:54 PM

Define Dead.  The dev's post here there are multiple pools and are still listed at Cryptopia.

Updates changes and hype on them all the time, no. are the games that use the coins live no, is there much trading volume no.

More sleeping that dead. As games come out they will revive.

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 10:33:40 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2017, 12:23:54 AM by BlueDragon747

what a useless site you would think people could find better things to do Cheesy

at least one active dev with 300GH/s network and multiple pools so dead = no

I would define dead as: no pools, no nodes, no dev, no miners, no new blocks = dead *but it is inaccurate as this tech is not a living organism and even dead tech can be relaunched given enough time/effort/money

just look at Virtual Reality  Cheesy

sleeping like mogrith said = yes

blakebitcoin does have its own explorer its just not synced yet
electron is also on todo list just such a long chain gonna take ages to sync and not got round to it yet
photon already has quite a good one but will probably do a backup explorer at some point just no idea when atm

its not like many in community are too vocal about blakecoin and the merged coins most seem happy to wait, It is possible others could do things with them but so far little or no interest  

I am still working on things but I also work to pay bills and with the instability due to useless politicians and Brexit I need to make sure I have funds to pay for things as it is at least 20% more expensive here in UK than last year for almost everything Shocked    

Note:
I spent all the original funding I set aside for Blakecoin over 18 months ago so atm been meaning to put aside enough to keep things going as is till at least 2020 just not got round to it yet  Cry

bzyzny

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:36:31 PM

I wasn't putting any value in what some random site says, but yeah just thought I'd mention it to see what you say. That sucks though, that brexit is making everything harder for you. At least you don't have an angry oompa loompa running things like over here.
easyrimka

Activity: 518
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:51:10 AM

what a useless site you would think people could find better things to do Cheesy

at least one active dev with 300GH/s network and multiple pools so dead = no

I would define dead as: no pools, no nodes, no dev, no miners, no new blocks = dead *but it is inaccurate as this tech is not a living organism and even dead tech can be relaunched given enough time/effort/money

just look at Virtual Reality  Cheesy

sleeping like mogrith said = yes

blakebitcoin does have its own explorer its just not synced yet
electron is also on todo list just such a long chain gonna take ages to sync and not got round to it yet
photon already has quite a good one but will probably do a backup explorer at some point just no idea when atm

its not like many in community are too vocal about blakecoin and the merged coins most seem happy to wait, It is possible others could do things with them but so far little or no interest  

I am still working on things but I also work to pay bills and with the instability due to useless politicians and Brexit I need to make sure I have funds to pay for things as it is at least 20% more expensive here in UK than last year for almost everything Shocked    

Note:
I spent all the original funding I set aside for Blakecoin over 18 months ago so atm been meaning to put aside enough to keep things going as is till at least 2020 just not got round to it yet  Cry

thanks dev for giving some news , hope you will continue development of your project Smiley
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 04:42:21 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2017, 09:01:48 AM by BlueDragon747

EU3 has been acting up rebooted but will monitor  Undecided

Edit:
also done some maintenance on BCS site hopefully to solve a troublesome db bug 

CreativeReef17

Activity: 60
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:35:20 PM

It has been kinda of quiet here recently and it seemed like a good time to make a few posts.  I am coming back into cryptocurrency after a absence with a new handle and no baggage.  The last time around was unpleasant and I wish that I had found a community like this one the first time around.

I have spent some time reading all 190 pages of this thread to get a feel for the culture and mores of this group and I really like what I see so I hope to contribute some more in coming weeks.  Like most of us, RL and work involve with our hobbies but I hope to be able to spin up parts of my old mining rig and point them to BlueDragon's pools.

Thanks for being welcoming to a long-term lurker
CreativeReef17

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:54:36 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2017, 02:02:59 AM by CreativeReef17

Hey BD, I'm trying to set up mining with a gtx 1060 but am having some issues. Managed to compile the cuda miner in your repo after editing the make file to have -arch=compute_61, but am getting frequent timeouts on LA1 pool. Also cudaminer is showing I'm getting only 20MH which seems slow. I compiled against cuda 8.0. Is there a better cuda miner to use, or maybe its using the wrong Blake algo ie 14 round? Would love if you could release an updated cuda miner that properly supports Pascal, but know you are already busy. No idea why my ping to la1 server is around 30000ms though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have several older Nvidia cards that I working on spinning back up for mining blakecoin.  You probably already are aware of this but there are significant differences between cudaminer and the ccminer branches.  if you have a newer card than one of the ccminer branches would be better performance.

AFAIK, the cudaminer by Christian Buchner was the first miner that utilized Nvidia Cuda architecture instead of OpenCL and it supported Nvidia Compute Capacity (CC) from 1.x up 5.x depending on which Cuda Toolkit is being used.  Cuda Toolkit 6.5 is the last version that supports CC 1.x.  It was intended to mine scrypt and a few other algorithms that theoretically Nvidia microarchitecture has a advantage in mining over ATI/AMD.  Toward the end of development of cudaminer, Christain added blake256 (8 round) support into the codebase but mentioned that it was not optimized.

ccminer was started by Christian and others to further improve on Nvidia performance but in so doing remove older CC kernels that was being decraped by Nvidia anyway.  ccminer needs at least a CC 3.0 to run and probably at this point maybe a CC 5.0 to compile.

I don't have any high CC cards so I am stuck with cudaminer but that is not a problem.  I have a small stack of AMD cards and 4 FPGA that I want to play with again so I have so toys for the winter.

BTW, what OS and driver versions are you running on your cudaminer rig?

Thanks for your time.
sidgrip

Activity: 211
Merit: 119

Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 11:28:37 PM

It has been kinda of quiet here recently and it seemed like a good time to make a few posts.  I am coming back into cryptocurrency after a absence with a new handle and no baggage.  The last time around was unpleasant and I wish that I had found a community like this one the first time around.

I have spent some time reading all 190 pages of this thread to get a feel for the culture and mores of this group and I really like what I see so I hope to contribute some more in coming weeks.  Like most of us, RL and work involve with our hobbies but I hope to be able to spin up parts of my old mining rig and point them to BlueDragon's pools.

Thanks for being welcoming to a long-term lurker

Welcome to this little slice of what is an ever expanding crazy crypto universe  Cheesy

If you need help with flashing Lancelot, Icarus or Cairnsmore1 FPGA's, I have a step by step here-> https://blakecrypto.com/forums/forum/user-manuals-guides/

BLAKEZONE Crypto Gaming Platform --- Mine While you Game Blake256 Merged Mining Pools: LA1 - NY2/AT1 - EU3  Why mine one coin when you can mine six at a once! Cool
For the latest info & updates --> Blake Community Telegram     BCT Blakecoin thread     Blakecoin.org     Twitter     Rent Mining Hash for BlakeCoin & Photon -->  Mining Rig Rentals
CreativeReef17

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:30:52 AM

Welcome to this little slice of what is an ever expanding crazy crypto universe  Cheesy

If you need help with flashing Lancelot, Icarus or Cairnsmore1 FPGA's, I have a step by step here-> https://blakecrypto.com/forums/forum/user-manuals-guides/

Thanks, I don't have any FPGA miners since they never show up for sale with the exception of a Cairnsmore seller on ebay that is parting out a large rig but those are pricey.  It might be a decent price if as a FPGA development board since it has 4 LX150 but it is not cheap.  What I have are FPGA that were in consumer items.  I have 2x Cyclone IV, a Spartan 3 and a Spartan 6 that are part of various items.

RL is keeping me busy right now but I am trying to rebuil parts of my old mining rig and getting the FPGA out of storage.  When I am closer to working on them then I plan on posting about them and possibly getting some help from kramble and others to get my bitstreams cleand working on blakecoin.
CreativeReef17

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:57:13 AM

It is a belated but I didn't see any posting on the 4th anniversary of Blakecoin.  If remember correctly, it is October 6th, but BD will have to state the Official Blakecoin Day.  Traditionally, 4th Anniversaries are celebrated with fruit and flowers so hopefully BD gets some this month  Smiley

Here's to many more!  Long Live Blakecoin!
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 06:08:23 AM

It is a belated but I didn't see any posting on the 4th anniversary of Blakecoin.  If remember correctly, it is October 6th, but BD will have to state the Official Blakecoin Day.  Traditionally, 4th Anniversaries are celebrated with fruit and flowers so hopefully BD gets some this month  Smiley

Here's to many more!  Long Live Blakecoin!

had a bottle of mead to celebrate the 4th anniversary of Blakecoin on 6th/7th October  Grin

I did also get some nice dm/pm messages too but no flowers or fruit yet  Tongue

bzyzny

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:41:41 PM

@CreativeReef17
Honestly unless you have free electricity its probably not going to be cost effective to mine blakecoin on old nvidia cards. Most people are probably using FPGA or Nvidia Pascal. But if you still want to give it a try, the miner version i ended up using is ccminer from here:
https://github.com/cbuchner1/ccminer
I compiled it from source using the Cuda Toolkit version 8.0 and get about 2.8GH/s on an nvidia 1060 and 850MH/s on an nvidia 750ti. When compiling make sure to include -arch=compute_61 or whatever compute version your gpu supports, you can find it here:
https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus
When you run ccminer dont forget the "-a blakecoin" flag. Also you may want to adjust the intensity with the "-i" flag, my cards get too hot if they run at max speed. Hope that helps.

Also, Happy Birthday to Blakecoin, maybe this will be there year it rises again?

@BlueDragon747 Any progress on wallet update or game dev?
Pages: « 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 »
  Print  

Jump to: