Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:11:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net  (Read 409417 times)
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 08:53:37 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2018, 09:55:30 AM by BlueDragon747

This new tool is very helpful, especially for miners, new miners, who always want to have as exact mining estimation as possible for their mining works.
Someday, this tool might become competitive with whattomine.com.
Congrats with this one, newest additional tool for BLC mining community!

yeah there are some issues atm as does not take into account these are merge mined so is not very accurate yet can see work is being done might once a few more issues are sorted out

Info: GithubBlakecoin.org - BCT Blakecoin thread - Twitter - BCS - BlakeZone  Trade Blakecoin: Xeggex.com Merged Mining Pools: EU3 - NY2/AT1 - LA1
Donation Addresses: BLC: Bd3jJftFbwxWSKNSNz35vkDd57kG6jHAjt PHO: BZXPMc8eF9YZcJStskkP2bVia38fv9VmuT BBTC: 2h8c4NbzXJXk6QQ89r7YYMGhe13gQUC2ajD ELT: e7cm6cAgpfhvk3Myh2Jkmi1nqaHtDHnxXb 
UMO: uQH9H17t7kz3eVQ3vKDzMsWCK4hn5nh2gC LIT: 8p8Z4h5fkZ8SCoyEtihKcjzZLA7gFjTdmL BTC: 1Q6kgcNqhKh8u67m6Gj73T2LMgGseETwR6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bzyzny

Activity: 274
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 02:02:48 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2018, 07:02:23 PM by bzyzny

A little late, but happy birthday blakecoin Smiley

BlueDragon, After updating to ubuntu 18.10, I was unable to compile the gui-wallet. The first issue was related to openssl 1.1, which lead me to find a few related commits for other coins. In the peercoin commit, the affected code seemed very similar to blakecoins, so I tried using that as a basis to fix the openssl issue
https://github.com/peercoin/peercoin/pull/153/commits/5b09830e5de0f5105534e69dbf4acffb3255869b

There were other issues after that, I did eventually get it to compile and seems to be working however. It took a while and so I don't remember what all I had to do, should've taken notes  Undecided some errors were boost related (I used libboost 1.67), and there was an error something like this:

in src/qt/screensplash.cpp including src/util.h: error: expected "," or ";" in "#define loop for (;Wink".

I gather that the correct solution is to replace all references to "loop" with "while (true)", but that seemed tedious so i made a second copy of util.h with the #define loop line removed, and changed splashscreen.cpp to #include that one instead. I know, very hacky but i was getting impatient  Roll Eyes the final thing i remember changing was the makefile to add "-lboost_chrono" after "-lboost_thread" in the "LIBS =" section.

BTW I also used qt5 instead of qt4 and that didn't seem to cause any issues. when I have time I will upload my modifications to github, however im not really familiar with git commands so I'm not sure how to properly submit pull requests or whatever. It seems to be working ok but you should definetely look it over before merging since i just slapped it together to get it working.
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 09:51:28 PM

will look into this can also find some fixed on Photon just been busy

Info: GithubBlakecoin.org - BCT Blakecoin thread - Twitter - BCS - BlakeZone  Trade Blakecoin: Xeggex.com Merged Mining Pools: EU3 - NY2/AT1 - LA1
Donation Addresses: BLC: Bd3jJftFbwxWSKNSNz35vkDd57kG6jHAjt PHO: BZXPMc8eF9YZcJStskkP2bVia38fv9VmuT BBTC: 2h8c4NbzXJXk6QQ89r7YYMGhe13gQUC2ajD ELT: e7cm6cAgpfhvk3Myh2Jkmi1nqaHtDHnxXb 
UMO: uQH9H17t7kz3eVQ3vKDzMsWCK4hn5nh2gC LIT: 8p8Z4h5fkZ8SCoyEtihKcjzZLA7gFjTdmL BTC: 1Q6kgcNqhKh8u67m6Gj73T2LMgGseETwR6
bzyzny

Activity: 274
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:59:21 PM
Merited by BlueDragon747 (3)

OK, I uploaded my changes to my github repo
https://github.com/panopolis/Blakecoin/commits/master

Instead of using the util2.h as i previously mentioned, I took the time to replace "loop" with "while (true)". I did not test this on Windows/Mac, only Linux. Some of the edits to makefile/ qt.pro files may be Linux specific, I'm not sure. There is still the issue where make complains that there is no rule for leveldb, currently you have to run "chmod +x build_detect_platform" and then run make in the leveldb folder, and then copy the resulting *.a files from a sub directory to main leveldb directory. I'm not sure how to fix that so its automated, its not a huge inconvenience but might confuse other people trying to compile it. Hope this helps BD  Grin
Chemicalman

Activity: 8
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 04:13:26 PM

For all the latest with Blakezone, Photon, and Blakecoin, come join us on Reddit. Here we will share the latest trailers, screenshots, how to section, and Q&A for Battlegrip and Blakezone the game when they go live.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Blakezone/
OTC_Buyer

Activity: 92
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 11, 2019, 04:49:06 AM
Merited by BlueDragon747 (1)

Vote for Blakecoin (BLC) on decentralized exchange coming up called Cryptrade

https://cryptrade.io/vote?symbol=BLC

3 votes per day on Discord
1 vote per day on their website
dedmaroz1

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 07:04:00 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2019, 09:02:19 PM by dedmaroz1

Hi,

I have released new Amoveo miner for old Cairnsmore1, Icarus/Lancelot and ztex 1.15y FPGA cards. If you have these boards from the old bitcoin/blake256 mining times , you can mine Amoveo with hashrate:

ztex 1.15y: 1600 MH/s
cairnsmore1: 1500 MH/s
Icarus/Lancelot: 760 MH/s

https://github.com/dedmarozz/Amoveo-ZTEX_1.15y-FPGA-Miner/releases

https://github.com/dedmarozz/Amoveo-Cairnsmore1-FPGA-Miner/releases

https://github.com/dedmarozz/Amoveo-Icarus-Lancelot-FPGA-Miner/releases
sidgrip

Activity: 211
Merit: 119

Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2019, 07:39:02 PM

Hi,

I have released new Amoveo miner for old Cairnsmore1 FPGA cards (from Enterpoint). If you have these boards from the old bitcoin mining times , you can mine Amoveo with hashrate 1500MH/s per board

Awesome sir, I will check it out when I get some free time  Wink

Will be nice to see them doing something again  Grin

Thanks,
-Sid

BLAKEZONE Crypto Gaming Platform --- Mine While you Game Blake256 Merged Mining Pools: LA1 - NY2/AT1 - EU3  Why mine one coin when you can mine six at a once! Cool
For the latest info & updates --> Blake Community Telegram     BCT Blakecoin thread     Blakecoin.org     Twitter     Rent Mining Hash for BlakeCoin & Photon -->  Mining Rig Rentals
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2019, 10:59:25 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2019, 01:06:07 PM by BlueDragon747

Hi,

I have released new Amoveo miner for old Cairnsmore1 FPGA cards (from Enterpoint). If you have these boards from the old bitcoin mining times , you can mine Amoveo with hashrate 1500MH/s per board

the open source version for blakecoin (bitstream and project + cgminer + patches is on github) does ~1500MH/s and uses ~ 22w "on a Enterpoint Cairnsmore 1 Quad Spartan-6 LX150 Development Board" since 2013-2014 hmm  Undecided

your version is:
locked to veopool.pw which has 2.9% pool fee?

binary cgminer miner has 4% dev fee? no source code for cgminer or including the licence?

not related to this thread apart from probs using opensource code without any licence or credit for all the other people that worked HARD on it  Lips sealed

we can change algo to prevent baikal ASIC, from Blake256 8rounds to Blake256 10rounds. I can modified fpga mining software for ztex, Lancelot and Cairnsmore1.

nope no change in algo never planed on being resistant to asic

and getting a good fmax bitstream for ztex, Lancelot and Cairnsmore1 is easier said than done with Xilinx ISE/PlanAhead

i have a good bitstream for Blake2s (Verge, Neva, Tajcoi...) and modified SHA2 for pascalcoin, For Blakecoin i have 3 cores @ 220MHz = 2640 MH/s for 1x Cairnsmore 1

Huh Undecided

CreativeReef17

Activity: 60
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 10, 2019, 03:42:15 PM
Merited by BlueDragon747 (3)

Wired published an article about using blockchains and cryptocurrecnies in purchasing in-game assets.  I pointed that BlueDragon has been working on that for over 5 years and the link to Blakezone and to this forum thread.

The article is probably paywalled but it currently here https://www.wired.com/story/blockchain-turning-in-app-virtual-goods-assets/  I hate paywalls but I get Wired for work.

casper77
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 03:09:56 PM

mail from nova:

"Dear Cryptocommunity,
We've recently been reached by the news that Cryptopia Exchange is going out of business due to the severe damage that they faced earlier.
It is sad to hear that a fellow competitor of ours is facing these problems since all competition is good for crypto.
Cryptopia as a company has been around for many years, providing excellent trading, service and a healthy ecosystem for the cryptocurrency community.
In order for the communities to survive, especially the ones being traded only at Cryptopia, we at Nova Exchange would like to offer our help in order for the ecosystem(s) to grow, and offer free listing for all coins that were listed with Cryptopia.
The only condition for the free listing would be the following:
1: We receive the listing application before 1st of June 2019 through this form
(please specify Cryptopia Free Listing under payment options)
2: We ask their developers to add in the extra comments, addresses that they know that belong to the hackers.
This will ensure that we do not facilitate money laundering from people that are responsible with actions that are not in the favor of the cryptocurrency community.

Have a great cryptoweek,
Team Nova"

good chance to list on next exchange
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 08:42:08 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2019, 08:59:44 PM by BlueDragon747

mail from nova:

"Dear Cryptocommunity,
We've recently been reached by the news that Cryptopia Exchange is going out of business due to the severe damage that they faced earlier.
It is sad to hear that a fellow competitor of ours is facing these problems since all competition is good for crypto.
Cryptopia as a company has been around for many years, providing excellent trading, service and a healthy ecosystem for the cryptocurrency community.
In order for the communities to survive, especially the ones being traded only at Cryptopia, we at Nova Exchange would like to offer our help in order for the ecosystem(s) to grow, and offer free listing for all coins that were listed with Cryptopia.
The only condition for the free listing would be the following:
1: We receive the listing application before 1st of June 2019 through this form
(please specify Cryptopia Free Listing under payment options)
2: We ask their developers to add in the extra comments, addresses that they know that belong to the hackers.
This will ensure that we do not facilitate money laundering from people that are responsible with actions that are not in the favor of the cryptocurrency community.

Have a great cryptoweek,
Team Nova"

good chance to list on next exchange

some of NOVA listing requirements
2. To ensure and maintain a healthy trading volume for the cryptocurrency trading pairs, by providing liquidity to the market himself, or by assigning a market making agency the task of doing so.

5. Cryptocurrency developers are liable to redeem losses caused on Nova Exchange if the responsible for such action is official representative of the cryptocurrency, or because the representatives of the cryptocurrency were unable to prevent such losses (for example in events of double spent attacks etc.)

Quote from: MIT License

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Bitcoin Developers
Copyright (c) 2013-2018 Blakecoin Developers

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN
THE SOFTWARE.

we have been looking into other options before the issues with Cryptopia and some other options since but tbh I dont think NOVA with its terms is practical option but the more exchanges putting out this type of offer the better  Cool

CreativeReef17

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 09:15:00 PM

I am not in a position to critique any crypto exchange for a variety of reasons but I personally dislike abusing a open-source license.  If they wanted to hold crypto developers accountable then they should have used a different license or even closed sourced it.  Of course, that would mean that they would have code a large portion of their core software since they wouldn't be able to use some or most open-source for it.

Obviously they could use open-source for infrastructure components but their core software either couldn't be or they would have to find a license that was open-source and just allowed for damages.

CreativeReef
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2019, 08:53:24 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2019, 11:13:12 AM by BlueDragon747

I am not in a position to critique any crypto exchange for a variety of reasons but I personally dislike abusing a open-source license.  If they wanted to hold crypto developers accountable then they should have used a different license or even closed sourced it.  Of course, that would mean that they would have code a large portion of their core software since they wouldn't be able to use some or most open-source for it.

Obviously they could use open-source for infrastructure components but their core software either couldn't be or they would have to find a license that was open-source and just allowed for damages.

CreativeReef

Bottom line is Blakecoin devs are not responsible for losses on exchange for Any reason

this is still beta software same goes for BTC thats why I point out the MIT licence that this project uses which is in conflict with what they have asked for in 5. *so in other words they are asking something that goes against Blakecoin's MIT Licence

the MIT licence is pretty open they could use the code they could run mod core wallet(Mt.Gox style) but its at their risk as per the licence its not the liability of Blakecoin devs!  Shocked

if a network issue was to happen no way will we be forced to rollback tx/block addresses or change the blockchain over an exchange, of course we would try and resolve issues but thats not same as being held liable for losses which just seems crazy especially as we all know how much risk is involved and how much of an attack surface exchanges are Huh

2. is common as muck most exchanges have min vol requirements and as said to me "its just business" but its also why the vol on almost all exchanges is bit bs and some times just pure manipulation as often its built into the listing "Deal" requirements needless to say Devs dont get 0% trade fees on Any exchange we pay same as everyone else!!!!

what some of these exchanges want either extreme high listing fees or odd rules/requirements kind of makes it a deal breaker we still ask and check the details but some are just no go, others might be wait off until we have more organic growth to support the vol

anyways keep an eye out and let me know if you see any others will get them checked out and an application in if suitable  Cool

CreativeReef17

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 06:52:27 PM

Bottom line is Blakecoin devs are not responsible for losses on exchange for Any reason

this is still beta software same goes for BTC thats why I point out the MIT licence that this project uses which is in conflict with what they have asked for in 5. *so in other words they are asking something that goes against Blakecoin's MIT Licence

the MIT licence is pretty open they could use the code they could run mod core wallet(Mt.Gox style) but its at their risk as per the licence its not the liability of Blakecoin devs!  Shocked

if a network issue was to happen no way will we be forced to rollback tx/block addresses or change the blockchain over an exchange, of course we would try and resolve issues but thats not same as being held liable for losses which just seems crazy especially as we all know how much risk is involved and how much of an attack surface exchanges are Huh

2. is common as muck most exchanges have min vol requirements and as said to me "its just business" but its also why the vol on almost all exchanges is bit bs and some times just pure manipulation as often its built into the listing "Deal" requirements needless to say Devs dont get 0% trade fees on Any exchange we pay same as everyone else!!!!

what some of these exchanges want either extreme high listing fees or odd rules/requirements kind of makes it a deal breaker we still ask and check the details but some are just no go, others might be wait off until we have more organic growth to support the vol

anyways keep an eye out and let me know if you see any others will get them checked out and an application in if suitable  Cool

Of course, I was just looking at the trees and not the forest by just focusing on the license and not the content of their requirements.  Obviously, I agree that NO crypto developer should be responsible for losses on exchanges or and I firmly disagree that developers or ANYONE should be "propping up" an exchange just because volumes are lower. 

An exchange should function because it exists and unlike fiat currency there is a very low storage cost compared to a huge limited-volume bank vault for currency that aren't moving as much as more actively traded currencies.  In fact, the exchange , like in the real world with normal paper-money exchanges should be trying to move the currency that they have even if that involves a discount.  Fobbing it off on the developers or anyone else is frankly a conflict of interest by the way that I see it.

Of course, that and an X amount in your local currency will buy you a coffee.

CreativeReef
melloyellow

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 03:57:18 AM

BlueDragon747, Kramble's bitstreams and modified cgminer for the ztex 1.15y are not available for download anymore on his github, do you happen to have a copy of them?  I have 2 of the ztex and I'd like to give merge mining a shot first rather than try Amaveo.
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2019, 12:35:45 AM

BlueDragon747, Kramble's bitstreams and modified cgminer for the ztex 1.15y are not available for download anymore on his github, do you happen to have a copy of them?  I have 2 of the ztex and I'd like to give merge mining a shot first rather than try Amaveo.

try: https://blakecoin.org/cgminer-3.1.1-blake-fpga-ztex.7z

but do be aware we have reasonable efficient asic's (baikal giant b 168.5GH/s ~250w) on the network doing the blake256r8 algo we use so long term not sure I would recommend fpga's in 2019 unless its to reuse/learning   

melloyellow

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 04:03:47 AM

try: https://blakecoin.org/cgminer-3.1.1-blake-fpga-ztex.7z

but do be aware we have reasonable efficient asic's (baikal giant b 168.5GH/s ~250w) on the network doing the blake256r8 algo we use so long term not sure I would recommend fpga's in 2019 unless its to reuse/learning   

Thank you very much, I really do appreciate it.  I haven't had time to get it working but I will report back when I get a chance.

I am just re-using 2 ztex to re-learn fpga's again.  Thanks again.
BlueDragon747 (OP)
Legendary

Solutions Architect

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2019, 12:15:45 PM

Happy Bday Blakecoin still going strong  Cool

have a new wallet build in the works should be released next week or so

still working on games for blakezone.com but progress been kind of slow atm Embarrassed

sidgrip

Activity: 211
Merit: 119

Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2019, 07:14:19 PM
Merited by BlueDragon747 (6)

Happy Bday Blakecoin still going strong  Cool

have a new wallet build in the works should be released next week or so

still working on games for blakezone.com but progress been kind of slow atm Embarrassed

To six years of dedication      'thank you sir for everything you have done & are still doing  Grin

- patience will achieve more than force Wink

BLAKEZONE Crypto Gaming Platform --- Mine While you Game Blake256 Merged Mining Pools: LA1 - NY2/AT1 - EU3  Why mine one coin when you can mine six at a once! Cool
For the latest info & updates --> Blake Community Telegram     BCT Blakecoin thread     Blakecoin.org     Twitter     Rent Mining Hash for BlakeCoin & Photon -->  Mining Rig Rentals
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 »
  Print  

Jump to: