Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:38:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Technobit HEX16B(Bitfury based) 16 chip board design  (Read 56471 times)
spegelius

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:21:14 PM

Ah, it seems i need the specific git commit for the patch to work. And to run autocon, autogen etc. Retry #37...
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:54:26 PM

The shipping says 2 Euros is that applicable for Australia?
Please read carefully
This is only packing with your shipping.
To Austria shipping option is 3 day DPD road - 30 EUR

I love how people keep mixing up Australia and Austria, in the Bitcoin delivery world! Wink

loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:56:26 PM

Yeah, i downloaded the latest patch from that url for cgminer 3.8.1 source. The patch seems to go through without skipping any chunks, but configure doesn't seems to recognize --enable-hexminerb. I modified config.h and added #define USE_HEXMINERB 1 manually, now he build seems to compile more stuff.

I downloaded the windows sw, but i would need to reboot with driver signature check off to install the hex16 driver. Also i would very much like to use rpi to control the miner.
You are doing OK but start with ./autogen.sh --enable- whatever you want

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
spegelius

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:06:08 PM

Yeah, i downloaded the latest patch from that url for cgminer 3.8.1 source. The patch seems to go through without skipping any chunks, but configure doesn't seems to recognize --enable-hexminerb. I modified config.h and added #define USE_HEXMINERB 1 manually, now he build seems to compile more stuff.

I downloaded the windows sw, but i would need to reboot with driver signature check off to install the hex16 driver. Also i would very much like to use rpi to control the miner.

Yes that was it, got it running Smiley. Now it's mining a tad below 40GH/s on average, the 5s average goes up and down a bit. I think i'll let it run for a while and see how it work. Maybe some voltage tuning later on...
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:08:12 PM

Ah, it seems i need the specific git commit for the patch to work. And to run autocon, autogen etc. Retry #37...
You may go a couple of commits forward some small memleaks fixed patch will be OK I guess. Look for rejects fuzz is ok Smiley
Make sure you red the change log espesialy usbpoll stuff. In general you are OK for hex but mixing cgminer build with other miners may not be a good idea because they might not work.

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:10:01 PM

Yes that was it, got it running Smiley. Now it's mining a tad below 40GH/s on average, the 5s average goes up and down a bit. I think i'll let it run for a while and see how it work. Maybe some voltage tuning later on...

Super best results clock 540 voltage 903 and you will have 45 gh
Wait a bit it will level

spegelius

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:49:24 PM

With 880mV i get a little over 42GH/s. Doesn't seem to get too hot on any part, which is nice. I suppose the --hexminer-option is like 16:540? I'll tune it more tomorrow, for now i'l just let it mine.
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:58:59 PM

With 880mV i get a little over 42GH/s. Doesn't seem to get too hot on any part, which is nice. I suppose the --hexminer-option is like 16:540? I'll tune it more tomorrow, for now i'l just let it mine.
Yes that is correct. Try it with 900 mV if you want of course for 45 gh

spegelius

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:24:34 PM

900mV and freq 540 got me nearly 47GH/s  Smiley.

I wish my original Bitfury H-boards would go this far, but the regulator is not up to the task. One does over 40G with 0.84V but speed tanks soon when regulator overloads...
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:38:52 PM

900mV and freq 540 got me nearly 47GH/s  Smiley.

I wish my original Bitfury H-boards would go this far, but the regulator is not up to the task. One does over 40G with 0.84V but speed tanks soon when regulator overloads...
Nice Cheesy You can observe spikes above 50 Gh but It will level to 45-46 avarage after a day or two Cry
HEX 16B uses same power as hex16A as far as i know. Having that in mind we have enough for spare at least 50% of what HEX16A uses clocked
The only question left is how much fury chips can take Huh

-----
I wish my original Bitfury H-boards would go this far.....
----
But at same price .....Wishes

Digi128pci

Activity: 55

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:59:31 PM

I also got mine Grin!

They hashing together with my HEX16A @920 mV ... about 46GHs each.

They are very well build and came very well packed.

Very good product if you ask me  Wink.

I only the price could be a 'bit' lower  Lips sealed
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:55:51 AM

I also got mine Grin!

Very good product if you ask me  Wink.

I only the price could be a 'bit' lower  Lips sealed

I do not have the guts to try it, but if you feel ok with it i am wandering what will happen at 960 mV. burnin broads got 50 Gh (--bitburner-fury-voltage 960). And what will be the power consumption  Huh
What i know that HEX16B power is enough but what bothers me if Fury chips can take it

erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:05:13 AM

I also got mine Grin!

Yeah, the price would have been good 2-3mths ago when the diff was much lower, but it's out of touch now. New stuff is below $10US per GH/s. Bitmine, Cointerra, and Black Arrow are all below $5 per GH/s.

Gator-hex

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:15:27 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2013, 11:29:12 AM by Gator-hex

I also got mine Grin!

Yeah, the price would have been good 2-3mths ago when the diff was much lower, but it's out of touch now. New stuff is below $10US per GH/s. Bitmine, Cointerra, and Black Arrow are all below $5 per GH/s.

I would only compare to another manufacturer that is producing like KnCminer..

A bulk purchaser would be able to afford the KnC units (currently taking expressions of interest again)...

275Gh/s KnC Jupiter $2995 = 6 x 45Gh/s Hex16B = $3732 (extra +24.6% $/GH)

550Gh/s KnC Saturn $4995 = 12 x 45Gh/s Hex16B = $7464 (extra +49.4% $/GH)

Maybe you could look at a better offer on your bulk purchase discount?

2% off for 5x units would not be enough to make me bite on a big order.

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:41:56 AM

I also got mine Grin!

A bulk purchaser would be able to afford the KnC units (currently taking expressions of interest again)...

The only thing that matters for me to make me bite is delivery time. Price always matters of course but imagine that your KNC order got delayed for week or two. It may turn out that something delivered on time will be cheaper even if paid with 20% extra
PS: Do you really think that 8-16 boards is a volume order anyway?

What about a real or two of chips that is a volume

erk

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:45:18 AM

The only thing that matters for me to make me bite is delivery time. Price always matters of course but imagine that your KNC order got delayed for week or two. It may turn out that something delivered on time will be cheaper even if paid with 20% extra
The real world knows that ASICs are a ripoff compared to the amount of electronics that actually in them. The main reason people put up with the prices are that they expect a positive ROI to cover the price. Add 20% and you blow that.
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:49:03 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2013, 12:05:12 PM by loshia

The real world knows that ASICs are a ripoff compared to the amount of electronics that actually in them. They only reason people put up with the prices are that the expect ROI. Add 20% and you blow that.

True but remeber this things are expensive manly because ASIC chips price. And below all inexpensive components inside - PCB there is a lot of manpower to make things work and know how also. And as we all know it is not free. i am sure that you can have this product at much lower price BUT WITHOUT software PIC and Mining what about that? You do not need it of course but it is cheap. We are here for the ROI including me. What i have stated always that there should be compromise between our profit and Vendor profit. i think that marto is doing just fine. I do not care about his math as long as my math says OK go and and get it that is all.

For all of you who seek for beeter price i may suggest the following
1. Get your chips group buy or whatever at least 1 real With your money paid upfront BTC Cash or whatever
2. Negotiate the price with your money invested and chips in hand
3. Send them to marto
4. Get cheap product delivered at once only one place one shipment
5. Split it between all the people involved

erk

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:51:17 AM

The real world knows that ASICs are a ripoff compared to the amount of electronics that actually in them. They only reason people put up with the prices are that the expect ROI. Add 20% and you blow that.

True but remeber this things are expensive manly because ASIC chips price. And below all inexpensive components inside - PCB there is a lot of manpower to make things work and know how also. And as we all know it is not free. i am sure that you can have this product at much lower price BUT WITHOUT software PIC and Mining what about that? You do not need it of course but it is cheap. We are here for the ROI including me. What i have stated always that there should be compromise between our profit and Vendor profit. i think that marto is doing just fine. I do not care about his math as long as my math sais OK go and by it that is all.
The margin on the ASIC chip is massive. Only the first batch has the one time  R&D costs. ASICs have less complicated circuitry than most dirt cheap consumer electronics chips.

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 12:03:50 PM

True but remeber this things are expensive manly because ASIC chips price. And below all inexpensive components inside - PCB there is a lot of manpower to make things work and know how also. And as we all know it is not free. i am sure that you can have this product at much lower price BUT WITHOUT software PIC and Mining what about that? You do not need it of course but it is cheap. We are here for the ROI including me. What i have stated always that there should be compromise between our profit and Vendor profit. i think that marto is doing just fine. I do not care about his math as long as my math sais OK go and by it that is all.
The margin on the ASIC chip is massive. Only the first batch has the one time  R&D costs. ASICs have less complicated circuitry than most dirt cheap consumer electronics chips.

And that is not a producer fault. he is paying that price upfront in cash with own money taking all the risks alone

Gator-hex

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 12:18:23 PM

I also got mine Grin!

PS: Do you really think that 8-16 boards is a volume order anyway?

What about a real or two of chips that is a volume

Just pointing out why he only gets small quantity orders, anyone who can afford more units can get a better deal, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I refer newbies to Martos web page all the time when they ask how they can mine Bitcoin. It's a good deal for someone who wants to start out with a few units.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: