Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:00:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 162 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BTCZ] BitcoinZ - zkSNARKs 21b max POW-Zhash No-Premine No-Dev Tax  (Read 111720 times)
Digital Drug Lord

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:43:15 AM

Hey, fellows! I rely this project will be advance and can be arrived the hard cap of ICO!

Welcome!
BitcoinZ has NO airdrop, premine, ICO!

It also has a 10 BTC donation that went who knows where and a price dropping faster then the Titanic

Check the old DGB charts. Expect to see it at 012 and don't come crying like a noob when that happens.

I fomo'ed at 046.

BTW. I had a party watching some guy telling he only get 32 sol where i get 300. Please correct that..

After that he will probably expect me to pay for his sugar bons.

He is however right.
I support BTCZ, but NO ONE is saying what happened to that donation!
Just fucking come forward with the truth.
Was it stolen? Is it stored to be used later? Or what?
I'm really annoyed that it's been so quiet about it.
I will start spamming this thread until we get an answer. I will ask on every page what happened.
I fucking hate secrets.

They took the money and ran.

That's why I stopped mining this coin. It's been months and no top 5 exhange​
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
renuzit

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:58:15 AM

He is however right.
I will start spamming this thread until we get an answer. I will ask on every page what happened.
I fucking hate secrets.

Why is such an important thing to know? The 10 BTC belongs to an investor who has promised it to BTCZ.
BitcoinZ Community (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 34

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 03:29:11 AM

TIME SENSITIVE MESSAGE

FULL DETAILS: https://forum.btcz.rocks/t/timewarp-attack/616

Please upgrade daemons / wallets:

Linux Binaries: https://github.com/btcz/bitcoinz/releases/tag/1.4.0
Windows Binaries: https://github.com/btcz/bitcoinz-win/releases/tag/v1.4.0
Swing Wallet: https://github.com/btcz/bitcoinz-wallet/releases/tag/v1.4.0

This DOES NOT affect mobile wallets / web wallet / paper wallet.

Although we are informing Coinomi of the necessary update.

mrboo88

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:36:44 AM

For Bitcoin Z team,
Why not send official listing request to Altex exchange?
There are four different trading pairs, BTC, LTC, XMR, and DOGE.
I think this one is good for Bitcoin Z.
renuzit

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:43:18 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2018, 04:13:27 AM by renuzit

Please update your wallets and nodes to 1.4.0 ASAP to help us fight timewarp attacks!

Source: https://forum.btcz.rocks/t/timewarp-attack/616

Dear community, we’re writing to let you know that BitcoinZ (as well as several other equihash forks) has been the target of timewarp attacks. If you’re interested in learning more about timewarp attacks, there are many great resources online. A fairly thorough overview is available here 2.

As a simple explanation, Bitcoin as well as most forks allow blocks to be created with a timestamp of up to two hours in the future. This timestamp is put into the block’s header by the miner or pool who generates the block. Every node uses the most recent block’s timestamp as a basis for the current time. This is done to ensure the blockchain doesn’t rely fully on NTP servers which would be a centralized dependency.

Unfortunately, since the node who generates a block sets the timestamp, a malicious node has the power to not be honest with the current time, and can generate a block whose timestamp is two hours in the future. While this may not sound like a big deal, it is. This causes the blockchain’s difficulty logic to think no blocks have been mined for two hours and immediately starts decreasing the difficulty.

At the same time, the attacker usually has massive hashpower to ensure they soak up all the low difficulty blocks before everyone else. Once real time catches up with the blockchain time, (two hours later) difficulty skyrockets because to the blockchain, it looks like many blocks have been mined in the same second or few seconds. This causes massive gaps between blocks as miners work to solve overly complex blocks, and honest miners to lose potential mining rewards that end up going to the attacker.

Mitigation of Timewarp Attack

Due to network latencies and time misalignment, we need to have an allowed time window. This window however, doesn’t need to be two hours. The BitcoinZ developers have decreased the window to 30 minutes, minimizing the effect of future timewarp attacks and at the same time continuing to ensure the network is stable and allows for time variations.

We have released a new update to the BitcoinZ node and wallets that we ask everyone to update to as soon as possible to ensure the blockchain rejects these attacks. You can find the latest build of the BitcoinZ node at:

Windows Wallet: https://github.com/btcz/bitcoinz-wallet/releases/tag/v1.4.0
Windows CLI: https://github.com/btcz/bitcoinz-win/releases/tag/v1.4.0

Continued Monitoring

We thank you for your continued support. Please feel free to reach out to us on Slack, Discord or Telegram if you have any questions. The Zhash fork is still scheduled for block 160,000 and will actually further secure our network since the attacker won’t be able to utilize NiceHash to maximize their profits from these attacks.

We encourage you to spread the word and let everyone know to update nodes and full node wallets. Thanks for your attention!
Mindin

Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:48:09 AM

Hey, fellows! I rely this project will be advance and can be arrived the hard cap of ICO!

Welcome!
BitcoinZ has NO airdrop, premine, ICO!

Also it has no future. You forgot to mention the most critical point. Please don't be so one sided.
vytccskmt

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:50:10 AM

Also it has no future. You forgot to mention the most critical point. Please don't be so one sided.
no future, are you serious, Mindin?
what are you talking about?
Current, there are several exchanges to sell and buy Bitcoin Z.
Mindin

Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 03:54:05 AM

So what, 100's of shitcoins with no future is traded on several exchanges, When the dust settles only the biggest and the strongest will be left standing. I don't see BTCZ in that category.
dtr

Activity: 164

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:20:07 AM

Just encountered that my recent two payments from suprnova didn't arrive. They are not shown in the wallet and they don't have TX# in pool's transaction history. What could be wrong?
renuzit

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:29:29 AM

So what, 100's of shitcoins with no future is traded on several exchanges, When the dust settles only the biggest and the strongest will be left standing. I don't see BTCZ in that category.

Or multiple coins and they all succeed. No one knows!

If coins are networks, then each coin is currently a home network in comparison to the size of the internet. What's missing is something to tie them all together and route coins between them.

To me, I believe that coins in the future will be as common as websites.
TeamCyr

Activity: 90

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:29:44 AM

Dont forget ETH was a shitcoin and suddenly it became something.

ZCL was a shitcoin and went up 1000x and dropped 1000x turns out it was a big scam.

There are all kinds of projects.

BTCz is certainly one of the best.
BitcoinZ Community (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 05:31:40 AM

Great.  Thanks for your opinion. Hope you enjoyed your stay!

brooklynite1

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

In BTCz we trust. Organic slow growth.

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 05:32:30 AM

Or multiple coins and they all succeed. No one knows!

If coins are networks, then each coin is currently a home network in comparison to the size of the internet. What's missing is something to tie them all together and route coins between them.

To me, I believe that coins in the future will be as common as websites.

Funny someone just tweeted comparing domains and coins.

brooklynite1

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 05:34:59 AM

BTCz is in the 600s range.

What you don't understand is that if BTCz gets in the top 100 I can retire. Not that I would even sell then anyway.

If it hits the top 50 I can buy 5 lambos.I will still HODL even then.

If it hits top 3 I may be as rich as Vitalik. I will buy everyone on this thread a used lambo.

I dont need it to be the top coin.

brooklynite1

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 05:37:21 AM

Please update your wallets and nodes to 1.4.0 ASAP to help us fight timewarp attacks!

Source: https://forum.btcz.rocks/t/timewarp-attack/616

Dear community, we’re writing to let you know that BitcoinZ (as well as several other equihash forks) has been the target of timewarp attacks. If you’re interested in learning more about timewarp attacks, there are many great resources online. A fairly thorough overview is available here 2.

As a simple explanation, Bitcoin as well as most forks allow blocks to be created with a timestamp of up to two hours in the future. This timestamp is put into the block’s header by the miner or pool who generates the block. Every node uses the most recent block’s timestamp as a basis for the current time. This is done to ensure the blockchain doesn’t rely fully on NTP servers which would be a centralized dependency.

Unfortunately, since the node who generates a block sets the timestamp, a malicious node has the power to not be honest with the current time, and can generate a block whose timestamp is two hours in the future. While this may not sound like a big deal, it is. This causes the blockchain’s difficulty logic to think no blocks have been mined for two hours and immediately starts decreasing the difficulty.

At the same time, the attacker usually has massive hashpower to ensure they soak up all the low difficulty blocks before everyone else. Once real time catches up with the blockchain time, (two hours later) difficulty skyrockets because to the blockchain, it looks like many blocks have been mined in the same second or few seconds. This causes massive gaps between blocks as miners work to solve overly complex blocks, and honest miners to lose potential mining rewards that end up going to the attacker.

Mitigation of Timewarp Attack

Due to network latencies and time misalignment, we need to have an allowed time window. This window however, doesn’t need to be two hours. The BitcoinZ developers have decreased the window to 30 minutes, minimizing the effect of future timewarp attacks and at the same time continuing to ensure the network is stable and allows for time variations.

We have released a new update to the BitcoinZ node and wallets that we ask everyone to update to as soon as possible to ensure the blockchain rejects these attacks. You can find the latest build of the BitcoinZ node at:

Windows Wallet: https://github.com/btcz/bitcoinz-wallet/releases/tag/v1.4.0
Windows CLI: https://github.com/btcz/bitcoinz-win/releases/tag/v1.4.0

Continued Monitoring

We thank you for your continued support. Please feel free to reach out to us on Slack, Discord or Telegram if you have any questions. The Zhash fork is still scheduled for block 160,000 and will actually further secure our network since the attacker won’t be able to utilize NiceHash to maximize their profits from these attacks.

We encourage you to spread the word and let everyone know to update nodes and full node wallets. Thanks for your attention!

RENUZIT,

You are the reason sir (or lady , or group, whoever you are) we are all here. You are a genius! I think you nailed the source of the mine-n-dump and if we are getting attacked, it means we are getting attention and that is all good news!

Thank you for the update!

annapotpot

Activity: 330
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:42:23 AM

He is however right.
I fucking hate secrets.

Why is such an important thing to know? The 10 BTC belongs to an investor who has promised it to BTCZ.
So to clear things up, the 10 BTC was not yet given by the investor, is that right?

Question: Is the ZHasher and EWBF the only miner that supports the new algo?
BitcoinZ Community (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 05:47:17 AM

He is however right.
I fucking hate secrets.

So to clear things up, the 10 BTC was not yet given by the investor, is that right?

No.  It has been donated already.  It's use is being worked on.

Yes.

brooklynite1

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 05:53:38 AM

He is however right.
I fucking hate secrets.

So far yes. Please not the SOL/S is different on the new algo. I think for my 1070 that normally averages 442 SOL/s, I will get like 32 SOL/s, the mining result is the same, the sol/s is practically just a arbitrary number

brooklynite1

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 05:55:05 AM

He is however right.
I fucking hate secrets.

No.  It has been donated already.  It's use is being worked on.

Yes.

Would you guys provide an update on how that would be used to help the project? Hopefully it wont go to an exchange lol and spent on buying time from our wonderful devs to work on new features for the project. Like VOTING for example that could technically also be used for sports betting.

BitcoinZ Community (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 06:35:57 AM

COMMUNITY NOTICE

Mining Zhash After Block 160,000: EWBF Miner (Nvidia)

-Example-

Code:
 miner --algo 144_5 --server mine-btcz-na.equipool.1ds.us --user tmWNpX6y9x4xFxg4NDkkajsVB4CxKx9sAgb.renuzit --pass x --port 49951 --pers BitcoinZ

Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 162 »
  Print  

Jump to: